Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

....for the singles. (serious thread)

Jump to newest

By *ohn Mingo OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

As I'm newly single, I'm not interested in being in a relationship right now, so I'm using fab for some NSA and group fun. But I'm also dating in the vanilla world in a small way.

My question is this...if you wind up dating someone how early would you tell them you were into swinging....if at all? I was lucky the last time as my partner was open to it and it wasnt a problem.

I find myself thinking that it would have to be an exceptional person to make me consider giving up the lifestyle.

A new friend has been really inspiring as he doesnt care who knows he's a swinger... I wish I had his bravery sometimes.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Be open from the beginning. Better to lay it all straight out rather than an awkward conversation however long into the relationship it is to get the nerveup to bbring it up. I'm fairly open with those I'm dating so they know I'm into both fetish and swinging and if they object at least I know before get emotionally involved

By *ohn Mingo OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Be open from the beginning. Better to lay it all straight out rather than an awkward conversation however long into the relationship it is to get the nerveup to bbring it up. I'm fairly open with those I'm dating so they know I'm into both fetish and swinging and if they object at least I know before get emotionally involved "

Yeah. That's what my gut is telling me. It worked in the past....

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

well i met a girl a few of years ago and me being the honest fool that i am told her all about my swinging past and even tho we where together for a cpl of years her knowing of that part of my life caused more rows than anything else so be very careful what you say sometimes its better not to say a word esp if she isnt in this world

By *ohn Mingo OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Yeah its a very tough judgement call.

Won't have to worry about it for a while as I've no intention of entering into another relationship any time soon...but you know what they say about good intentions!

over a year ago

"As I'm newly single, I'm not interested in being in a relationship right now, so I'm using fab for some NSA and group fun. But I'm also dating in the vanilla world in a small way.

My question is this...if you wind up dating someone how early would you tell them you were into swinging....if at all? I was lucky the last time as my partner was open to it and it wasnt a problem.

I find myself thinking that it would have to be an exceptional person to make me consider giving up the lifestyle.

A new friend has been really inspiring as he doesnt care who knows he's a swinger... I wish I had his bravery sometimes."

I'd say don't be on vanilla sites for the time being, if you're into swinging

over a year ago

you *have* to be open about it.

if you hide the fact, it will either come out and cause war *or* you will spend the rest of your time concerned that it will come out and cause war.

and in any case, why not be open about it?

over a year ago

"

A new friend has been really inspiring as he doesnt care who knows he's a swinger... I wish I had his bravery sometimes.

I'd say don't be on vanilla sites for the time being, if you're into swinging "

Yup. If you already know you want to keep swinging, why not just look in here?

By *ohn Mingo OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"

"

Yeah you're probably right. But a couple of nice vanilla dates would be nice too. Getting my sexual need met here also removes that pressure from my "dating world"

over a year ago

"

Yeah you're probably right. But a couple of nice vanilla dates would be nice too. Getting my sexual need met here also removes that pressure from my "dating world" "

If they're just dates then no need to say anything about your alter ego. The problem might arise if it becomes several dates.

By *ohn Mingo OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Hmmm maybe. A "we'll cross that bridge when its serveral dates" kinda thing.

over a year ago

Honesty is the best policy

over a year ago

"Hmmm maybe. A "we'll cross that bridge when its serveral dates" kinda thing.

"

That's the thing about bridges, knowing which ones to cross & which ones to burn.

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

That's the thing about bridges, knowing which ones to cross & which ones to burn. "

burning bridges is something i do very well lol

over a year ago

That's the thing about bridges, knowing which ones to cross & which ones to burn.

burning bridges is something i do very well lol"

Sure, you wouldn't be an old raver without being a Firestarter!

over a year ago

Sure, you wouldn't be an old raver without being a Firestarter! "

Where did you get the ninja need me one of them

By *ohn Mingo OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

burning bridges is something i do very well lol"

Despite my best efforts to not burn bridges.....sometimes I feel my feet getting warm.

over a year ago

I was seeing a non Fab guy before Xmas, after a fair few dates I told him.

HUGE mistake.

His attitude towards me completely changed, in and out of the bedroom.

Kinda glad I told him cos I got to see what a knob he really was, and his real attitude of women, let alone a woman who is in charge of her sexuality and sexual needs

By *imwildWoman
over a year ago

around

"I was seeing a non Fab guy before Xmas, after a fair few dates I told him.

HUGE mistake.

His attitude towards me completely changed, in and out of the bedroom.

Kinda glad I told him cos I got to see what a knob he really was, and his real attitude of women, let alone a woman who is in charge of her sexuality and sexual needs

"

So it wasn't a huge mistake after all!!

By *ohn Mingo OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

I suppose there's the argument that if you "come out" to someone you're dating and they freak and dump you then they're not the type of people you want to be dating anyway.

over a year ago

"I suppose there's the argument that if you "come out" to someone you're dating and they freak and dump you then they're not the type of people you want to be dating anyway. "

Exactly, honesty tinged with a little discretion is best way forward. For instance in my last relationship, yes we discussed things we had done but I or him didn't go into microscopic details and I don't see why talking about swinging with prospective dates would be any different

over a year ago

The way I see it, is you are looking for a social life and sex life without the ties of an exclusive partner?

You have to be honest Not only with those that you are meeting but yourself

If you want it all then swinging is your road.

If you really only see this as a stop gap, a way to rest the hand ( and wash the sock) then stick to dating

I think until you know for sure what it is you really want, stay on all sites but be honest and say you aren't exclusive

over a year ago

"

Yeah you're probably right. But a couple of nice vanilla dates would be nice too. Getting my sexual need met here also removes that pressure from my "dating world" "

Super hard to keep both worlds going!! Lol

But loving the swing thing too much at the mo!!! My plan is to meet a nice vanilla guy and have lots of fun turning him lol

Then we can have lotsa fun together on and off fab!!!!

By *ohn Mingo OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"The way I see it, is you are looking for a social life and sex life without the ties of an exclusive partner?

If you really only see this as a stop gap, a way to rest the hand ( and wash the sock) then stick to dating

I think until you know for sure what it is you really want, stay on all sites but be honest and say you aren't exclusive

"

Exactly. I don't want exclusivity right now, but most on dating sites don't want casual....and personally I don't see fab as a "dating" site....but maybe I'm wrong on that?

over a year ago

"The way I see it, is you are looking for a social life and sex life without the ties of an exclusive partner?

Exactly. I don't want exclusivity right now, but most on dating sites don't want casual....and personally I don't see fab as a "dating" site....but maybe I'm wrong on that?"

It's a funny one, I've had more guys want to be with me exclusively here, than I did on a dating site!

By *ohn Mingo OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Exactly. I don't want exclusivity right now, but most on dating sites don't want casual....and personally I don't see fab as a "dating" site....but maybe I'm wrong on that?

It's a funny one, I've had more guys want to be with me exclusively here, than I did on a dating site! "

They probably didn't know what you're capable of on the dating site!

over a year ago

It's a funny one, I've had more guys want to be with me exclusively here, than I did on a dating site!

They probably didn't know what you're capable of on the dating site!"

Ha possibly. Dating sites are crazyville, I could write a bestseller about my experiences on them.

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

in the past i have met vanilla women and left swinging behind me and could easily do it again if it arose.

over a year ago

"in the past i have met vanilla women and left swinging behind me and could easily do it again if it arose."

I left it all behind and got married, she knew nothing about that side of my life as I didn't want it with her. Now we've split I realise what I was missing

over a year ago

"well i met a girl a few of years ago and me being the honest fool that i am told her all about my swinging past and even tho we where together for a cpl of years her knowing of that part of my life caused more rows than anything else so be very careful what you say sometimes its better not to say a word esp if she isnt in this world"
Welcome to reality! Doesn't matter what words come out of pretty female lips you can be absolutely sure that if it is something they disaprove of you tell them, then it will be used time and time again to humiliate you. They love to say 'be completely honest, I will understand' HaHaHa! as the words come out your mouth they are being noted down meticulously, to be used against you at the appropriate moment. Nothing is missed, the date, the time every word. words are a woman's best weapon. Never arm them!!

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

"in the past i have met vanilla women and left swinging behind me and could easily do it again if it arose.

I left it all behind and got married, she knew nothing about that side of my life as I didn't want it with her. Now we've split I realise what I was missing "

swinging is great but it isnt the be all and end all of life

over a year ago

"in the past i have met vanilla women and left swinging behind me and could easily do it again if it arose.

I left it all behind and got married, she knew nothing about that side of my life as I didn't want it with her. Now we've split I realise what I was missing

swinging is great but it isnt the be all and end all of life "

But it's damn good fun.at times

I know what you mean though, if anything I think im in the same position as the op still open to something in the future, but probably not just yet so using this as a stop gap until the time comes. Vanilla sites do nothing for my interest currently though.

over a year ago

Its a tough one but it's pointless lying about who you are and what you need its not really something you can throw into a conversation "oh and hey by the way i'm a swinger" more often than not you will find out whether she's a good or a bad girl if the relationship develops sing it loud and proud I'm a Swinger oh god hope the neighbours didn't hear that

By *azsinsMan
over a year ago

Belfast

It's a funny one, I've had more guys want to be with me exclusively here, than I did on a dating site! "

totally hear that all the time wtf your swingers!!

over a year ago

totally hear that all the time wtf your swingers!! "

By *azsinsMan
over a year ago

Belfast

feel your anguish op

single fella, no interest in finding a vanilla relationship quite happy i found swinging. So much better than heading out on a friday/saturday with the lads getting d*unk picking up some d*unk bird paying for her drinks, ending up at your place not knowing what you got up to was safe! Only to find her rearranging your DVD collection planning on going shopping for drapes that afternoon!!!!!!

If i was crazy to get emotionally involved again the past is my past not hers its my private life not hers. I wouldn't say anything. Unless you both found the idea of being sexually expressive with others fun.

Keep swinging man avoid the shopping for curtains at all costs

over a year ago

"feel your anguish op

single fella, no interest in finding a vanilla relationship quite happy i found swinging. So much better than heading out on a friday/saturday with the lads getting d*unk picking up some d*unk bird paying for her drinks, ending up at your place not knowing what you got up to was safe! Only to find her rearranging your DVD collection planning on going shopping for drapes that afternoon!!!!!!

If i was crazy to get emotionally involved again the past is my past not hers its my private life not hers. I wouldn't say anything. Unless you both found the idea of being sexually expressive with others fun.

"

This man speaks sense

By *ohn Mingo OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"feel your anguish op

"

Thats the plan for now!

Wrx said he could leave easily, and I have immense respect for people who do. But going back to my earlier post, I like like this lifestyle so much she'd have to be some woman for me to give it up right now, and she'd be even better if I didnt have to!

and duffer, I was once in a similar situation as you, swung as a single bout 10-12 years ago, then met someone, got married, that ended...then I was back!

over a year ago

"Its a tough one but it's pointless lying about who you are and what you need its not really something you can throw into a conversation "oh and hey by the way i'm a swinger" more often than not you will find out whether she's a good or a bad girl if the relationship develops sing it loud and proud I'm a Swinger oh god hope the neighbours didn't hear that "

Indeed. I'll say it again. Until you know and are honest in your wants and needs you are buggered

Be prepared for everything to change because you are human. We will change as we grow

over a year ago

I don't know.... I'd be worried that the person will use it against me when things go sour.

If you'd like to find a girlfriend at some stage but want to continue swinging, you're probably best off to just stay on here. Have great meets and as in every other part of life, if you hit off, you hit off! I don't mean look for it, because if you meet the right person it just happens anyway. At least if it happens you know she's open minded towards this lifestyle and you could swing as a couple if you both are happy with that.

over a year ago

Friends with benefits sounds perfect for you, you can socialise with them go out for drinks, to the cinema or what ever and sex can take place with out ant strings you just go home and continue as friends

By *ohn Mingo OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Friends with benefits sounds perfect for you, you can socialise with them go out for drinks, to the cinema or what ever and sex can take place with out ant strings you just go home and continue as friends"

or maybe building to that. I mean, if my sexual needs are being met here, it allows me to build more platonic relationships with women offsite, of which i only have a few right now. If that develops into FWB or more, so much the better.

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

Not sure you would invest the time and thought required for a real relationship if you are still on a swing site.....and think it a bit unfair to ladies on a dateing site if ur not open to some form of relationship....but by what do I know

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

"Not sure you would invest the time and thought required for a real relationship if you are still on a swing site.....and think it a bit unfair to ladies on a dateing site if ur not open to some form of relationship....but by what do I know"

Haven't been single for over 20 years lol

By *ohn Mingo OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"Not sure you would invest the time and thought required for a real relationship if you are still on a swing site.....and think it a bit unfair to ladies on a dateing site if ur not open to some form of relationship....but by what do I know"

but there's also nothing wrong with keeping my options open.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/06/14 21:13:40]

over a year ago

"Not sure you would invest the time and thought required for a real relationship if you are still on a swing site.....and think it a bit unfair to ladies on a dateing site if ur not open to some form of relationship....but by what do I know

but there's also nothing wrong with keeping my options open."

I'm kind of the same... I'm dating in the 'real world' but I'm also having fun with people off here. Not sure what's wrong with it?! Sure a girl has got to eat, right!

over a year ago

Me too!!

over a year ago

Despite my best efforts to not burn bridges.....sometimes I feel my feet getting warm."

U cud jump off the burning bridges coz uve got Superman pants

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

"Not sure you would invest the time and thought required for a real relationship if you are still on a swing site.....and think it a bit unfair to ladies on a dateing site if ur not open to some form of relationship....but by what do I know

but there's also nothing wrong with keeping my options open.

I'm kind of the same... I'm dating in the 'real world' but I'm also having fun with people off here. Not sure what's wrong with it?! Sure a girl has got to eat, right! "

Yes she sure dose .....and I have no idea

what I would do in a similar situation.....just thinking out loud

By *ohn Mingo OP   Man
over a year ago

Dublin

Despite my best efforts to not burn bridges.....sometimes I feel my feet getting warm.

U cud jump off the burning bridges coz uve got Superman pants "

Post new Message to Thread