Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

serious..... :-(

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just found out my cousin tried to commit suicide he tuck his fathers shotgun and went down to the field out the back of the home place. My uncle notice his gun was gone and in a panic came into his head to look for my cousin he found him just as well because couple of minutes more I'd say he would of done a way with himself and I'd not be write in this. Few weeks before this happened his friend commit

suicide (god help his family )

Any one out there that's feeling down there's always someone too talk to no matter what so please please talk too someone first

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ickihubbyCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

I hope ur ok it's a horrible situation for the poor family x

over a year ago

"I hope ur ok it's a horrible situation for the poor family x "

He is only 21 and whole lot too life for

thanks

over a year ago

"I hope ur ok it's a horrible situation for the poor family x

thanks "

Live for

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

thanks "

thts awful!yur family shud try talk to him,he needs professional help!or maybe even talk to u or other members of the family,sumtimes talking helps

over a year ago

that's horrible. how desperate you must feel making a decision like this!

over a year ago

"that's horrible. how desperate you must feel making a decision like this! "

it can happen to anyone,i know everyone gets depressed at sum stage in their lives but to be thinking of killing yurself is just tragic!thank god ive never felt tht low in my life and i hope i never ever do!sum ppl say its selfish of the person,leaving their famillies behind in such pain and despair ,but just imagine how much pain the person is in thts contemplating suicide!it has to be unbearable!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/03/14 21:48:09]

over a year ago

Thanks for all the well wishes got a text off his sister he is going to attend counseling hopefully it will help anyone that's feeling low and there's always help out there

over a year ago

Poor thing! He thinks it's all over for him when in actual fact this is the start of a better life (recovery) if you're close to him. Help him out!!!

over a year ago

"Poor thing! He thinks it's all over for him when in actual fact this is the start of a better life (recovery) if you're close to him. Help him out!!! "

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

I hope your family member gets the help he needs to pull through this tragic time. But thank god he was found before the worse thing coujd happen.

Professional help and family support and he will pull through x

over a year ago

Most of the time it's close people you need. Loved ones as professionals are too routine and robot like (learnt from a book rather than actual experience)

By *acilory39Man
over a year ago

out n about

I hope everything will be ok for your family , our mental health is as important as our physical health if not more so ,

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman
over a year ago

My town

Counselling is good sometimes talking to an outsider is easier than family or close friends.

But get him talking.......

By *razy-CplCouple
over a year ago

Cork and surrounding areas

"Most of the time it's close people you need. Loved ones as professionals are too routine and robot like (learnt from a book rather than actual experience)

"

defo agree with this as my late husband commited suicide a few yrs ago and he was getting help from the "professionals" but they couldnt help him as they didnt know him inside , a bit of both is good , but it does destroy a family when it happens and especially the kids ,

So please make sure that his friends and family are there for him

By *razy-CplCouple
over a year ago

as a person who came close to this faith, sometimes its not all about family talking as the person in question as there sometimes ashamed of the actions, to really talk to family. sometimes it more about finding that one person either a friend or just someone u really have a connection with sitting down and just listening to the person, and any one of us could be that listening person. i was so lucky to have found that one person and i no hand on heart i wouldnt be hear today if i hadnt been lucky enough to come across her . its only when u look back u can see what a real waste of a life it is and there is always a way out its just a matter of been lucky enough to find that way. my point is always take time to listen to people as u never no u just might be that person the suffer is looking for.

By *razy-CplCouple
over a year ago

"as a person who came close to this faith, sometimes its not all about family talking as the person in question as there sometimes ashamed of the actions, to really talk to family. sometimes it more about finding that one person either a friend or just someone u really have a connection with sitting down and just listening to the person, and any one of us could be that listening person. i was so lucky to have found that one person and i no hand on heart i wouldnt be hear today if i hadnt been lucky enough to come across her . its only when u look back u can see what a real waste of a life it is and there is always a way out its just a matter of been lucky enough to find that way. my point is always take time to listen to people as u never no u just might be that person the suffer is looking for. "
mr crazy here btw

over a year ago

"Counselling is good sometimes talking to an outsider is easier than family or close friends.

But get him talking....... "

Completely agree, as long as he us ready and willing to talk

over a year ago

Until he gets the help he needs theres every chance he will succeed in another attempt.its hard but its true.ive been in that place so believe the only help is professional. He will thank u in the end..x

By *onyg4funMan
over a year ago

South

I have been too close to 2 suicides and it is horrific for everyone, as you can understand. Talking is the best way, but not easy for people to open up and talk, especially for guys. It is easier to talk to a "stranger" for sure, but talk is the key, put things in perspective for the person, show them the positives of their lives.

over a year ago

thanks "

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin it's a terrible thing for the person themselves to have to go through as well as the family members.

Professional help will be the only way your cousin will get through this coupled with love and support from his family.

Your cousin has reached the lowest point in his life but at least now your family knows and he will at least feel a small sense of relief and whatever might be the underlying cause will get a chance to be dealt with. The reason that drove him to do it might not become apparent to his family straight away but it will over time.

I know an excellent facility that deals with this very situation and will also help the family to cope and how to support the victim as this won't go away today or tomorrow there will be a long road to recovery. If you want to PM for details about that please do. Mrs S x

over a year ago

That wasn't in Cork by any chance? Got a call this morn about an old team mate in similar situation.

over a year ago

thanks

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin it's a terrible thing for the person themselves to have to go through as well as the family members.

Professional help will be the only way your cousin will get through this coupled with love and support from his family.

Your cousin has reached the lowest point in his life but at least now your family knows and he will at least feel a small sense of relief and whatever might be the underlying cause will get a chance to be dealt with. The reason that drove him to do it might not become apparent to his family straight away but it will over time.

I know an excellent facility that deals with this very situation and will also help the family to cope and how to support the victim as this won't go away today or tomorrow there will be a long road to recovery. If you want to PM for details about that please do. Mrs S x"

That would be a great help thanks

sorry for delay haven't been on here much

over a year ago

thanks

I know an excellent facility that deals with this very situation and will also help the family to cope and how to support the victim as this won't go away today or tomorrow there will be a long road to recovery. If you want to PM for details about that please do. Mrs S x

That would be a great help thanks

sorry for delay haven't been on here much "

No problem your very welcome

over a year ago

im sorry to hear that I hope he will b ok and his family n friends to xxxx

Post new Message to Thread