Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

been let down :(

Jump to newest

By *nandtn OP   Couple
over a year ago

Leeds

we have been let down by a guy we we were meant to meet up with , all the planning and getting baby sitters etc etc and he goes and deletes his profile two hours before we were meant to meet with him would any one have any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again or ways off knowing if a person is a 100 per cent or not ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Unfortunately apart from the usual as in meet for a coffee first informally shows the guys willing to actually show up and gives you a better idea of what he's like. Make sure he's verified. It's never going to be 100% but don't know if anything is.

By *itreMan
over a year ago

killarney

Its a very privileged place for a guy to be trusted and invited to meet a couple. Unfortunately, experiences like you have had can be common, as some guys only live in fantasy land. Its vital that the guy is verified, also, I would suggest speaking on phone first, think that way your instincts would know if it is genuine or not.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

And by verified they mean u can see a cpl of veries

Hidden verie cud b fake and foto verie just proves he has a head

over a year ago

I suppose there is never a 100% gaurentee. Certainly chat on phone and after that it's gut instincts. As with 'ordinary' life with a date. Always that element of risk. I also think that people on here like the idea of trying things but bottle it when the time comes.

By *appytimMan
over a year ago

near Millstreet

Sorry to hear you were let down. I think there some married guys on here for kicks and can not follow through because they can not get away. If you don't already know and trust somebody I think a coffee meet first is best. As for only meeting verified people I think it's a bit unfair as you have to meet someone to get verified. Otherwise your in a catch 22 situation and never get off the ground.

Happy swinging everybody. Roll on limerick Saturday night.

over a year ago

Sorry to hear you were let down on here unfortunately it happens a lot on here at times i have been let down 8 times myself its not nice

over a year ago

"Sorry to hear you were let down. I think there some married guys on here for kicks and can not follow through because they can not get away. If you don't already know and trust somebody I think a coffee meet first is best. As for only meeting verified people I think it's a bit unfair as you have to meet someone to get verified. Otherwise your in a catch 22 situation and never get off the ground.

Happy swinging everybody. Roll on limerick Saturday night. "

over a year ago

"we have been let down by a guy we we were meant to meet up with , all the planning and getting baby sitters etc etc and he goes and deletes his profile two hours before we were meant to meet with him would any one have any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again or ways off knowing if a person is a 100 per cent or not ?"
at the end of the day it's the internet and we all know how the net works

By *aculty13Man
over a year ago

Dublin

"And by verified they mean u can see a cpl of veries

Hidden verie cud b fake and foto verie just proves he has a head"

Sorry to hear you were let down.

My verifications are hidden because I didn't want the details shared. So, not sure that's a solution!

By *ivingitagoMan
over a year ago

chicago

Sorry to hear you were down it must be very frustrating after all the planning expense etc, very few if us are lucky enough to have the chance to play with a couple and obviously no shows only lessen the chances of single guys like myself getting the chance to meet with ladies/couples

over a year ago

all i can say is he's some fecking clown not to meet up with ye (fab pics)

By *ivingitagoMan
over a year ago

chicago

"all i can say is he's some fecking clown not to meet up with ye (fab pics)"
isnt he just!!

over a year ago

im sorry to here that guys it has happened to us to its hard to tell whos genuine its just pot luck drives me nuts wen the do it on the last minute wen ur goin out da door why the bother is a mystery to me dont let it put u off there r some great people here

over a year ago

"Sorry to hear you were let down on here unfortunately it happens a lot on here at times i have been let down 8 times myself its not nice"

Same here everyone gets let down at sum stage!! But it's worse when uve stuff to organise!! I'm a single girl on here and loadsa single guys are always moaning that we never give them a chance and they're all so hard done by bla bla bla

Then two guys cancel on me in one week pml

Lucky I've lots to choose from yumm!!!

By *ohnsmith69dMan
over a year ago

Limerick

"we have been let down by a guy we we were meant to meet up with , all the planning and getting baby sitters etc etc and he goes and deletes his profile two hours before we were meant to meet with him would any one have any suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again or ways off knowing if a person is a 100 per cent or not ?"

sorry to hear ye got stung like that guys.

Unfortunately it happens and more often than we'd like.

I'm not a big believer in relying solely on verifies as these can be faked plus it discriminates newbies.

I like the idea of making contact by phone before hand (can't remember who mentioned it in a previous post)

Meeting ppl thro Meet&Greet nights also gives you the chance to suss a potential playmate out.

Coffee meets are good too but not everyone lives close by so that's not always possible

anyways, just my 2 cents

JohnSmith

over a year ago

Simple explanation. He couldn't think of an excuse for his wife.

Post new Message to Thread