Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Stuffing Birds

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Right so the season has been forced upon me again this year and I'm wondering what way to do my bird. Or do I try something new instead like a bird on a bird or heaven forbid a bird on a bird in a bird layered with streaky bacon and oiled for sizzling.

Whatever way you like your bird and whatever bird you like......enjoy and don't give the bones to the dog, he might choke

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I normally let them decide generally like them on top though

over a year ago

streaky rashers are a good idea.

smear butter mixed with garlic under the skin of the turkey. just cut holes in the skin. can get messy. when cooking it keep on basting it with the juices. put on very early so you can cook it slower and longer. keeps more moisture in. maybe put a bowl of water in the bottom of the oven too.

grated apple, grated carrot and apricot with maybe ground cashew or pistachio nuts is nice

enjoy

over a year ago

Streaky is good. I give the bones to the neighbours 3 cats

By *omcattyMan
over a year ago

Local

"Right so the season has been forced upon me again this year and I'm wondering what way to do my bird. Or do I try something new instead like a bird on a bird or heaven forbid a bird on a bird in a bird layered with streaky bacon and oiled for sizzling.

Whatever way you like your bird and whatever bird you like......enjoy and don't give the bones to the dog, he might choke "

Must say I enjoy stuffing the bird i normally take a 10 min rest before i go on to finish the job,,,

over a year ago

Brine foe 24 hours and smoke whole bird.....different and yummy .....

Post new Message to Thread