Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

work experience

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just wondering whats the normal hours for work experience weekly and working nights i have done course in food and now im doing working experince doing kitchen porter but im doing mad hours the likes 4pm to 12am then 9am to 5pm etc thats non stop every week or are they just taken piss out of me considering im doing it for free any advice would be great cheers folks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That sounds about right for an actual kitchen worker, so maybe they are just giving you the full experience. If you are worried talk to you college about it abd ask is it normal

over a year ago

I work behind a bar occasionally in a hotel....a normal wedding I could work from 3pm till 4am,,,kitchen porterscould finish at,12 and be in for brekkie next morn....if u only doing 40 hours they aint taking the piss...it is work experience and thats the business your in...sorry

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"That sounds about right for an actual kitchen worker, so maybe they are just giving you the full experience. If you are worried talk to you college about it abd ask is it normal"

i dunno i just thought it was little bit much yeno an trying to do assignments outside of it... but u are right they are giving the full experience of a kitchen to me

over a year ago

Have u had the headchef scream at you.....

Then u have the full experience....

over a year ago

i have just finished college and had to do work experience too.the college have a certain amount of hours they require u to have completed so check with them.its awful when ya have to work and not get a cent..good luck..xx

By *urfdudeMan
over a year ago

WEXFORD

They sound like the working houses of the hospitality industry and will never change or be 9 to 5.

over a year ago

Normally the working week would be 40 hrs a week with a max of 48 hrs including overtime

That's eu ruling I think!

over a year ago

If you are working for free you can go to my house . But think you should check out Mandate .its not a dating site its a union should tell you rates of pay in catering industry.

By *omcattyMan
over a year ago

Local

"Just wondering whats the normal hours for work experience weekly and working nights i have done course in food and now im doing working experince doing kitchen porter but im doing mad hours the likes 4pm to 12am then 9am to 5pm etc thats non stop every week or are they just taken piss out of me considering im doing it for free any advice would be great cheers folks

"

Sounds like short hours to me,,,,

By *j47Man
over a year ago

limerick

"Normally the working week would be 40 hrs a week with a max of 48 hrs including overtime

That's eu ruling I think!

"

try working for ur self 95hrs a week and then paper work on top to keep up with stupid tax and vat the EU my ass

Post new Message to Thread