Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

budget

Jump to newest

By *aughtyduo2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

sexy town

What did everybody make of the budget.I think it wasn't the worst we have seen. I also wonder is there something worse to come!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Well the weather tonight has give for rain tomorrow. That's worse all you ladies getting your hair ruined

over a year ago

"Well the weather tonight has give for rain tomorrow. That's worse all you ladies getting your hair ruined "

Eh?...

over a year ago

"Well the weather tonight has give for rain tomorrow. That's worse all you ladies getting your hair ruined

Eh?... "

i was just wondering wtf tht meant too lol

over a year ago

Doesnt matter moment of madness there. Trying to multi task here

By *aughtyduo2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

sexy town

"Doesnt matter moment of madness there. Trying to multi task here "

Men just can't multitask

over a year ago

"Doesnt matter moment of madness there. Trying to multi task here

Men just can't multitask "

Apparently not

over a year ago

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

not a bad budget at all left the u.s.c. and the v.a.t. rate alone so good news for me

over a year ago

"not a bad budget at all left the u.s.c. and the v.a.t. rate alone so good news for me "

we shudnt have to pay tht u.s.c at all,it kills me to have to pay tht!!!

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

"not a bad budget at all left the u.s.c. and the v.a.t. rate alone so good news for me

we shudnt have to pay tht u.s.c at all,it kills me to have to pay tht!!! "

yes me too but at least it wasent increased so look on the bright side

over a year ago

of course they can

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

...and I'm still as good looking as ever, so it's all good!

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

[Removed by poster at 15/10/13 21:50:04]

over a year ago

I dont like that its 6 days now off before I can claim social for sick leave not 3. which is a pain but over all budget quite good

over a year ago

Some can

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

"...and I'm still as good looking as ever, so it's all good! "

I think Michael if you read the small print they have actually taxed your looks their calling it the unfair advantage tax

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

"...and I'm still as good looking as ever, so it's all good!

I think Michael if you read the small print they have actually taxed your looks their calling it the unfair advantage tax"

Lol. Thanks for that!

By *avie tCouple
over a year ago

otherside of nowhere

"...and I'm still as good looking as ever, so it's all good!

I think Michael if you read the small print they have actually taxed your looks their calling it the unfair advantage tax

Lol. Thanks for that! "

I dident say I agreed with it

By *mwantsWoman
over a year ago

City

"I dont like that its 6 days now off before I can claim social for sick leave not 3. which is a pain but over all budget quite good"

Exactly, you have to have paid a certain amount of tax to be entitled to this so I agree, feel it's quite unfair, but they brought down the dole for under 25's, so I'm delighted!

over a year ago

"I dont like that its 6 days now off before I can claim social for sick leave not 3. which is a pain but over all budget quite good

Exactly, you have to have paid a certain amount of tax to be entitled to this so I agree, feel it's quite unfair, but they brought down the dole for under 25's, so I'm delighted! "

yeah nice one alright, €144 a week how are under 25s supposed to live on that? Disgusting if u ask me..ya would swear people want ta be on the dole.

over a year ago

"I dont like that its 6 days now off before I can claim social for sick leave not 3. which is a pain but over all budget quite good

Exactly, you have to have paid a certain amount of tax to be entitled to this so I agree, feel it's quite unfair, but they brought down the dole for under 25's, so I'm delighted! yeah nice one alright, €144 a week how are under 25s supposed to live on that? Disgusting if u ask me..ya would swear people want ta be on the dole."

That's the whole point, your not supposed to live on it. It's a mechanism to help support you while unemployed not a pay packet.

By *ockyXMan
over a year ago

Rathmines

well said there houch . i could'nt have put it better myself

over a year ago

well bloody said houch

over a year ago

Well for us its a pain as where under 25 which our payments are slashed to 100 euro a week its bad enough as it is trying to get by day in day out week by week not everybody under 25 lives at home with mammy and daddy 37 cvs sent out last week out of that I got 2 interviews very unsuccessful and thats all I see in my mails is sorry sorry sorry so we are trying our hardest to find employment an here in waterford its very dry no work whats so ever but over besides that it was a fair budget to be honest

By *mwantsWoman
over a year ago

City

Exactly, you have to have paid a certain amount of tax to be entitled to this so I agree, feel it's quite unfair, but they brought down the dole for under 25's, so I'm delighted! yeah nice one alright, €144 a week how are under 25s supposed to live on that? Disgusting if u ask me..ya would swear people want ta be on the dole.

That's the whole point, your not supposed to live on it. It's a mechanism to help support you while unemployed not a pay packet. "

Clean toilets while you're looking for a job you actually want! McDonald's and takeaways in general are always hiring! Nevermind the fact that people apply for jobs that they don't have the skillset for. I see it everyday with what I do.

Since the age of 12, I have always had a job, never once in 12 years have I not had a job. I'm not talking about babysitting either. I did pretty shit jobs for about a year on a full time basis after I graduated, but if I need a job and can't find what I want, cleaning jobs it is!

Also if you're on the dole they haven't taken away rent relief, medical cards, paying for courses that people in employment can pay thousands for through springboard programs.

I have no problem with it as a short term fix, but people need to get over themselves at some point!

That might make me a pariah but you create your own destiny!

over a year ago

The cut in welfare only applies to new sign ons.

The American system is the one we should have.

If you lose your job you get basically full salary for six months. After that you get nothing. Nada. Not a cent.

So six months to find a job.

no such thing in America as a job that's beneath you funny enough

By *mwantsWoman
over a year ago

City

"The cut in welfare only applies to new sign ons.

The American system is the one we should have.

If you lose your job you get basically full salary for six months. After that you get nothing. Nada. Not a cent.

So six months to find a job.

no such thing in America as a job that's beneath you funny enough

"

Agree there should be a cap.

The one issue there is that the employer pays for that. It's not taken from the employees tax contribution, rather the corporate tax. Therefore the amount you receive is dependent on how long you worked there and how much you earned. Ireland's corporate tax rate is the only reason we have huge multinationals, that and Ida grants. We need them as they are the largest employers, but as far as I'm concerned base it on the persons tax contribution. People don't realise how good we actually have it here. We are given a hell of a lot for a very little amount of tax.

Never mind our health care system. People may complain, but to bring up the US again, you are literally fucked without health insurance. Or if you want to go to college.

Post new Message to Thread