Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

The Venue - Day Time Party

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How about getting a series of regular day time parties going at The Venue ?

Would be great if something was setup for an afternoon a week or every other week.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ts artMan
over a year ago

Londonderry

Its not a bad idea but why is it that itsalways "it would be great if someone did this or set up that"

Should ot not be the club that organises these things

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't think the venue is running anymore is it?

over a year ago

"I don't think the venue is running anymore is it?"

It certainly is...halloween party soon

By *lo1 slo2Couple
over a year ago

newry

It is running but if ginger isn't organizing the party's i am not going

over a year ago

she is a bit special !!

over a year ago

i agree , have lost all interest in anything the venue has to offer since ginger is no longer organising there , dont care what party is on , I wont be going , nor will any of my many friends .

over a year ago

"i agree , have lost all interest in anything the venue has to offer since ginger is no longer organising there , dont care what party is on , I wont be going , nor will any of my many friends ."

well i have heard nothing but good things about those who are organising the next halloween party

over a year ago

"It is running but if ginger isn't organizing the party's i am not going"

Who's ginger

By *lo1 slo2Couple
over a year ago

newry

"It is running but if ginger isn't organizing the party's i am not going

Who's ginger "

linksjinx

By *lo1 slo2Couple
over a year ago

newry

"

well i have heard nothing but good things about those who are organising the next halloween party"

they are lovely people it just the venue wouldn't be the same without ginger

over a year ago

"

well i have heard nothing but good things about those who are organising the next halloween party

they are lovely people it just the venue wouldn't be the same without ginger"

Never heard of it. Is it local

over a year ago

"

they are lovely people it just the venue wouldn't be the same without ginger

Never heard of it. Is it local"

It's in dublin

By *arkside24Man
over a year ago

monkstown

Ginger for president!

over a year ago

"I don't think the venue is running anymore is it?

It certainly is...halloween party soon "

really? never heard a thing about it.

over a year ago

seen big sign in mulhuddart advertising it the place to be the venue thought it was supposed to be low key ?

over a year ago

"seen big sign in mulhuddart advertising it the place to be the venue thought it was supposed to be low key ?"

where in mulhuddart did you see this sign ?

over a year ago

outside the pub

over a year ago

"outside the pub"

not good...if you see it again you should take it down

over a year ago

"outside the pub

not good...if you see it again you should take it down"

Seriously!?...

Have you guys NEVER heard of PMs?

over a year ago

"outside the pub

not good...if you see it again you should take it down"

Why should it be taken down

over a year ago

"outside the pub

Why should it be taken down"

Well you wouldn't want to go to a swingers club only to find under cover press patrolling the area...next thing you know your faces will be plastered across the tabloids

over a year ago

"outside the pub

Well you wouldn't want to go to a swingers club only to find under cover press patrolling the area...next thing you know your faces will be plastered across the tabloids

"

Ridiculous......if you think the press are going to start hiding in bushes (that's my job) to get a pic of your face for the papers. Sure ye can see most of your face in your avatar already...and your worried about discretion. The venue is also used for other occasions that have nothing to do with the swing scene and is promoted accordingly and I would hazard a guess that this is what was advertised on the poster.

over a year ago

You can piece together most of his face on his profile lolol

over a year ago

"You can piece together most of his face on his profile lolol"

Lol, was just thinking the same thing!

By *ichael McCarthyMan
over a year ago

Lucan

This is why we should all have cock pics on our profiles!

over a year ago

"outside the pub

Ridiculous......if you think the press are going to start hiding in bushes (that's my job) to get a pic of your face for the papers. Sure ye can see most of your face in your avatar already...and your worried about discretion. The venue is also used for other occasions that have nothing to do with the swing scene and is promoted accordingly and I would hazard a guess that this is what was advertised on the poster. "

The venue is used for other purposes than swinging...wow...i love the place...but i can't imagine a wedding reception being held at the place

over a year ago

"outside the pub

"

seriously? unless you are a fairly high profile politician/boy band member/hollyoaks actor I can guarantee the press have zero interest in what shenannigans you and other consenting adults get up to on a saturday night.

If they had (really, they don't) sure they just need to check out this forum to see when The Venue is holding events. such as the aforementioned Halloween Party... that you mentioned....

over a year ago

"seen big sign in mulhuddart advertising it the place to be the venue thought it was supposed to be low key ?"

are u sure its not an advertisement for the right venue?thts a different place altogether!

over a year ago

"outside the pub

Ridiculous......if you think the press are going to start hiding in bushes (that's my job) to get a pic of your face for the papers. Sure ye can see most of your face in your avatar already...and your worried about discretion. The venue is also used for other occasions that have nothing to do with the swing scene and is promoted accordingly and I would hazard a guess that this is what was advertised on the poster.

The venue is used for other purposes than swinging...wow...i love the place...but i can't imagine a wedding reception being held at the place "

Really..?.....

over a year ago

"outside the pub

The venue is used for other purposes than swinging...wow...i love the place...but i can't imagine a wedding reception being held at the place "

what else is it used for????

over a year ago

Alzanna - I'm afraid you are very wrong - The Wunday Sorld and other gutter press publications have frequently done expose articles on the Irish Swing Lifestyle - they've copied pics and profile content from websites like this one - and photos from meets taken by undercover journalists on more than one occasions.

Just because the majority of individuals who use the websties are not famous - does not stop the less than honourable making a buck out of putting members in the firing line for public consumption/cheap titillation.

The Journalists have profiles on all the websites, verified and active - and they attend events as if they are genuine lifestlyers - then hit the printers with a scurrilous story usually highlighting the unwary who cannot understand the need for discretion and good vetting procedures!

seriously? unless you are a fairly high profile politician/boy band member/hollyoaks actor I can guarantee the press have zero interest in what shenannigans you and other consenting adults get up to on a saturday night.

By *ondicMan
over a year ago

wicklow

The Venue is wonderful, fun and discreet location and its up to everyone who attends to keep it that way. I dont understand why people just quote things they heard from some unknown persons.

over a year ago

"outside the pub

If they had (really, they don't) sure they just need to check out this forum to see when The Venue is holding events. such as the aforementioned Halloween Party... that you mentioned.... "

(

over a year ago

"Alzanna - I'm afraid you are very wrong - The Wunday Sorld and other gutter press publications have frequently done expose articles on the Irish Swing Lifestyle - they've copied pics and profile content from websites like this one - and photos from meets taken by undercover journalists on more than one occasions.

Just because the majority of individuals who use the websties are not famous - does not stop the less than honourable making a buck out of putting members in the firing line for public consumption/cheap titillation.

The Journalists have profiles on all the websites, verified and active - and they attend events as if they are genuine lifestlyers - then hit the printers with a scurrilous story usually highlighting the unwary who cannot understand the need for discretion and good vetting procedures!

"

Maybe it's a north/south thing...???

over a year ago

Besides - my main point really was this... Robin is suggesting that signs should be removed from pubs by concerned members of Fab. Why on God's green earth would "the papers" need to be scouring the countryside for random billboards and posters when they could find whatever details they desire from the comfort of their own laptop?

"I don't think the venue is running anymore is it?

over a year ago

"Besides - my main point really was this... Robin is suggesting that signs should be removed from pubs by concerned members of Fab. Why on God's green earth would "the papers" need to be scouring the countryside for random billboards and posters when they could find whatever details they desire from the comfort of their own laptop?

You make a good point, but surely it doesn't help....surely you don't want a big sign on the street saying swingers club this way...

over a year ago

"Besides - my main point really was this... Robin is suggesting that signs should be removed from pubs by concerned members of Fab. Why on God's green earth would "the papers" need to be scouring the countryside for random billboards and posters when they could find whatever details they desire from the comfort of their own laptop?

You make a good point, but surely it doesn't help....surely you don't want a big sign on the street saying swingers club this way..."

As said earlier the venue is used for other events that have nothing to do with the swing scene so you have no right to take down any posters or call for others to take them down.

over a year ago

You make a good point, but surely it doesn't help....surely you don't want a big sign on the street saying swingers club this way...

As said earlier the venue is used for other events that have nothing to do with the swing scene so you have no right to take down any posters or call for others to take them down. "

Would love to know what else its used for ? I just can't see it somehow

over a year ago

It's used for fetish parties.

It's also used for private swing parties.

over a year ago

"It's used for fetish parties.

It's also used for private swing parties. "

Well that makes a bit more sense....for a minute I thought it was being used for a wedding reception lol

Post new Message to Thread