FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Progression Parkrun

Jump to newest
 

By *ing Paddy OP   Man
3 weeks ago

South County Dublin

I did the Progression Parkrun in Mountjoy prison this morning. It was a uplifting rewarding experience.

Trusted inmates do the run as well.

After the run there was a cup of tea etc and a concert.

The inmates have a band and they played about 5/6 modern numbers they were very good.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *peedy_990Man
3 weeks ago

Kilkenny

I know a few that have done it.

I’d be interested in doing it myself sometime maybe. Glad to hear it’s a good experience.

Will definitely look into it.

I had a very good run and PB’d at my local ParkRun this morning myself.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ing Paddy OP   Man
3 weeks ago

South County Dublin


"I know a few that have done it.

I’d be interested in doing it myself sometime maybe. Glad to hear it’s a good experience.

Will definitely look into it.

I had a very good run and PB’d at my local ParkRun this morning myself. "

Well done on you parkrun this morning. It is not on every week. Just contact Irish person service. There was 35 runners this morning including a group from Wales who did a prison parkrun in Wales. They are doing one up the north.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *og-ManMan
3 weeks ago

somewhere

Do you have to have Garda clearance to go in

Could someone leg it out

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ack BauerMan
3 weeks ago

Counter Sex Unit

I went there. 8 laps without my watch hard to counting these laps lol

Monaghan man gave us his experience speech about his past and being inmate.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ralee MattMan
3 weeks ago

Tralee Town ??

You know the results are up for the public to see!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ACOLCouple
3 weeks ago

Cork

I got my Groundhog Day today, sooo annoyed i thought i beat the BP.

Lina.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ing Paddy OP   Man
3 weeks ago

South County Dublin


"Do you have to have Garda clearance to go in

Could someone leg it out "

No they just ask for your dob. You cannot bring smart watches phones etc. The route is just around the walls of the prison.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ralee MattMan
3 weeks ago

Tralee Town ??

Did a cork one. You probably flew past me as I struggled

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ACOLCouple
3 weeks ago

Cork


"Did a cork one. You probably flew past me as I struggled "

Which one did you do?

Lina.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ing Paddy OP   Man
3 weeks ago

South County Dublin


"Did a cork one. You probably flew past me as I struggled "

I'm not been rude but don't think there is a Cork one

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *hamoo99Man
3 weeks ago

Cork

A Cork parkrun? There is loads around the place. 4 or 5 in the city that I know of alone.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ing Paddy OP   Man
3 weeks ago

South County Dublin

There is only one parkrun in a prison in Ireland in Mountjoy jail

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *elfastblondMan
3 weeks ago

Belfast

Ive done the parkrun inside magiligan prison and was coffee and cake, inmates loved seeing the female visitors in lycra

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *hamoo99Man
3 weeks ago

Cork


"There is only one parkrun in a prison in Ireland in Mountjoy jail"

Ah, apologies. The prison one, you're right of course, OP.

I heard someone on about it on a podcast not so long ago. I think it might have been Damien Dempsey.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *olly1980Man
2 weeks ago

Limerick, Clare

There was a 5k run last week or the week before on spike island i think, maybe that was it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 
 

By *regTheTeaseMan
1 day ago

Derry


"There is only one parkrun in a prison in Ireland in Mountjoy jail"

There are 5 prison parkruns:

- blacklion in Cavan

- progression ( the joy)

- the glen in wicklow

- magilligan ( lower drummans)

- shelton abbey

I thought the gken and shelton abbey were the same but apparently different

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread
back to top