Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Sexuality and the workplace

Jump to newest

By *icklish_Warrior OP   Man
6 hours ago

Raheny

I was thinking about this the other day - is it better/more professional to keep your sexuality completely under wraps at work? Or is it better to be open to discussing it? I am talking about informal workplace interactions here...I think it's better not to go there into that territory at all. Makes life easier. But you do have staff who like to bring up sexual matters in discussion...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ildarekinkstersCouple
6 hours ago

kinkytown

Keep it discrete. I have zero interest in my colleagues sex life and it is highly unprofessional to go on about it in the workplace but that's just my opinion

5 hours ago

Raheny

"Keep it discrete. I have zero interest in my colleagues sex life and it is highly unprofessional to go on about it in the workplace but that's just my opinion"

Yeh that's what I think too and I have learned the hard way over time

I have a colleague who is gay and who is very "out" tho and he is forever bringing up the subject like, he doesn't do it deliberately but cannot help himself lol. Also creates a lot of innuendo etc.Difficult not to get drawn into such chats as a result. But yeah, I avoid any talk about that side of me.

By *og-ManMan
5 hours ago

somewhere

I have a very good friend who I work with and she knows about fab

She's the only person not on fab that Ive spoken to about my sexuality

We were driving to a job and she asked about me

I told her Im bi and it felt perfectly fine to say that at least once in my life and I genuinely wanted to tell someone that I knew wouldn't judge me

Apart from that nothing

5 hours ago

Raheny

"I have a very good friend who I work with and she knows about fab

She's the only person not on fab that Ive spoken to about my sexuality

We were driving to a job and she asked about me

I told her Im bi and it felt perfectly fine to say that at least once in my life and I genuinely wanted to tell someone that I knew wouldn't judge me

Apart from that nothing "

It's really cool that you have that level of trust with a colleague - I would only even be comfortable with discussing it with a few friends but definitely not at work.

By *electableicecreamMan
5 hours ago

The West

I have a colleague who is on fab and the days we are working together we have a professional relationship and the days we meet at a social we let our hair down. We agreed right away that neither of us were interested in swimming in the office pool.

Other than that I wouldn't see any reason to bring up anything about my sex life while at work.

5 hours ago

Raheny

"I have a colleague who is on fab..."

Just curious- how did you both find out you were on Fab? Did you know each other before you worked together?

By *electableicecreamMan
5 hours ago

The West

"I have a colleague who is on fab...

Just curious- how did you both find out you were on Fab? Did you know each other before you worked together? "

I'm easily identified if you've met me in real life 🤣

By *og-ManMan
5 hours ago

somewhere

Just curious- how did you both find out you were on Fab? Did you know each other before you worked together?

I'm easily identified if you've met me in real life 🤣"

He's the feckin spit of Nidge from Love Hate

By *ealitybitesMan
5 hours ago

Belfast

I've said in another thread that I've never once had a conversation about someone's sex life or my own with any work colleague.

It's not something that would ever be discussed.

I don't know anyone either through work or social circles that identifies as anything other than straight so again it's not really a topic for general discussion on a daily basis.

5 hours ago

Raheny

I'm easily identified if you've met me in real life 🤣"

sweet !

By *ipstick KissesWoman
5 hours ago

South Down

"Keep it discrete. I have zero interest in my colleagues sex life and it is highly unprofessional to go on about it in the workplace but that's just my opinion

Yeh that's what I think too and I have learned the hard way over time

I have a colleague who is gay and who is very "out" tho and he is forever bringing up the subject like, he doesn't do it deliberately but cannot help himself lol. Also creates a lot of innuendo etc.Difficult not to get drawn into such chats as a result. But yeah, I avoid any talk about that side of me. "

If you aren't comfortable with sexual chat with your colleague, tell him.

By *adyKarmennTVTV/TS
4 hours ago

Dublin

Considering some of the guys that work for me are on here hahaha!!

In general though im open about everything if im asked. I dont go about giving out info about my life

Post new Message to Thread