Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Love Rats

Jump to newest

By *astello OP   Woman
4 days ago

Far far away

Just watching this series on Netflix. Basically rip off merchants in the guise of romantic liaisons.. got me thinking..anyone ever have that happen to them...

One ex boyfriend (short term ) took (stole) my gold jewellery and sold it. Still sad l lost my 21st birthday necklace.

Wondering if anyone else has tales of love rats.... before l call rentokill...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *adger BrocMan
3 days ago

Co. Cork

Once had a lady take a nice pair of boxers from my bag before we checked out of a hotel. I really liked that underwear and I hope if she ever wore them her ass did look big in them...

By *dfabMan
3 days ago

Dunboyne

I've lost a few great shirts as next morning they grab them when .making coffee/ breakfast.

In fairness, they look much better in them

By *ealitybitesMan
3 days ago

Belfast

Didn't happen to me personally but a family member was engaged to a woman who completely cleaned out his bank account as part of a long con.

Local estate agents, landscapers and equipment suppliers were conned in a property deal worth between £600-£700k although the actual combined losses were just under £100k.

When it came crashing down around her we discovered it was only the tip of the iceberg and she had other deals running concurrently for similar values and funded by the daily cash takings in a multinational store that never got as far as the bank.

It's a much longer story of cover-ups that never had a satisfactory conclusion even 25 years later.

By *rRiosMan
3 days ago

dublin

I read this recently which I thought was diabolical! “I got a call from my landlord. She went in with the new guy, had him pretend to be me and get my name taken off the lease and hers on. Damn near worked too. He bought it, drew up the paper work and then called me so I could come in and sign it.”

By *uper duperMan
3 days ago

around

I know a woman who met a guy on a fish site, had him over for the night, got up the next morning and he was gone.

Thought nothing of it until she couldn't find her car keys.

Couldn't find her car either!!

He'd took it!!

Nice black Audi a3 saloon gone.

She never got it back.

Yes, it's a true story!!!

By *ombikerMan
3 days ago

the right side of the river

A mate of mine owned a garage and he had a bad accident and was in hospital for months and was 50/50 if he would ever come out of hospital, thankfully he made a full recovery after almost 2 years.

Anyway his now ex cleaned out his bank account and his business account. Sold off a lot of his equipment and 2 classic cars he had ( she was clever enough to advertise them in the north and uk because people that would have been into classic cars would probably know them)

She stopped paying the mortgage on the house.

She went to his friends and family and gave them the sob story that he was too proud to ask for help and that he was broke and scrounged thousands off them (yes I was one of them)

All along she was cheating with a guy that had a place in Spain ( or so she thought ) she soon blew through the money, on a quick estimate we think was about €350,000. Between cleaning out the accounts, selling what she could and scrounging of friends and family.

But mr wonderful that she ditched my friend for was all flash and did not own the place in Spain. He was renting someone’s part of a time share. She thought she was going to live the high life and instead got a large dose of reality.

She now lives with her cat in a bedsit and nobody wants anything to do with her, even her own parents.

But my friend got back on his feet, all his friends supported him, he got his business back up and running and he is rid of that leech out of his life and is happy now. It took him the best part of 4 years from when he had the accident to recovery and then build back up his business. He almost lost his house but thankfully his parents were able to help until he got the business doing well again.

By *astello OP   Woman
3 days ago

Far far away

Jeez some of those stories are horrific. I was fascinated by the level of manipulation on the Netflix series. But tbh, there is plenty of manipulative people on here too...

As for the boxers bog man..only buy primark next time....

By *ymbunny2016Man
3 days ago

Bangor

There was some woman running about up here was a serial bigamist. Once she got married to one, she’d be dating the next. Was prosecuted for being married to more than one guy. But this had happened about 4 times before, all the while she had made up personas, pretending to be a nurse and other occupations too. She also cleaned out all the unsuspecting husbands financially. Like something from a movie.

By *og-ManMan
3 days ago

somewhere

"Jeez some of those stories are horrific. I was fascinated by the level of manipulation on the Netflix series. But tbh, there is plenty of manipulative people on here too...

As for the boxers bog man..only buy primark next time.... "

Not my story

And my boxers are M&S

By *adger BrocMan
3 days ago

Co. Cork

"Jeez some of those stories are horrific. I was fascinated by the level of manipulation on the Netflix series. But tbh, there is plenty of manipulative people on here too...

As for the boxers bog man..only buy primark next time.... "

Ouch....the ultimate insult.

It was the poor aul Badger who had his boxers pinched ... not the Turf Man from the Bog Of Allen.

By *hivers2020Woman
3 days ago

lolli land

I had a lad I was seeing Rob a beautiful diamond and emerald ring that I had bought in the states, I think beyond loosing the ring, the most hurtful part was that I had popped to the loo before we headed down to my car for ME to drop HIM home, and he must have gone back to my bedroom and took not only the ring but the box it was in also. So feels like he was just waiting for the opportunity to arise for him to take it, felt like he planned it sadly

By *og-ManMan
3 days ago

somewhere

As for the boxers bog man..only buy primark next time....

Ouch....the ultimate insult.

It was the poor aul Badger who had his boxers pinched ... not the Turf Man from the Bog Of Allen."

Hows the body

By *astello OP   Woman
3 days ago

Far far away

"I had a lad I was seeing Rob a beautiful diamond and emerald ring that I had bought in the states, I think beyond loosing the ring, the most hurtful part was that I had popped to the loo before we headed down to my car for ME to drop HIM home, and he must have gone back to my bedroom and took not only the ring but the box it was in also. So feels like he was just waiting for the opportunity to arise for him to take it, felt like he planned it sadly "

Omg how rotten is that. Hope karma bites him in the arse..

By *rialbyfire1235Man
3 days ago

South KK

No personal experience love rats, thankfully. But if you read up on pig butchering and other romance scams, you’d need a heart of stone not to be upset by the stories.

Podcast series Love, Janessa is very good too on this.

Post new Message to Thread