3 weeks ago

letterkenny

Has anyone else's blue Kik packed in ??

I can't even find the app to reload it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ilthyNightsCouple
3 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

I'd suggest moving over to telegram/signal because Kik is horribly outdated and blue Kik is a dodgy copy of Kik from a dodgy developer and so is even worse. Do t send anything from these apps that you'd be worried about being intercepted

By *og-ManMan
3 weeks ago

somewhere

"Has anyone else's blue Kik packed in ??

I can't even find the app to reload it"

It has to be side loaded I sent you the link

By *ealitybitesMan
3 weeks ago

Belfast

I deleted Kik last year and don't use any messaging apps for fab conversations.

I wouldn't be in a big hurry over to Telegram either after all the issues over information sharing and Pavel Durov's arrest this week for not cooperating with the authorities about the misuse of the app.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
3 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

"I deleted Kik last year and don't use any messaging apps for fab conversations.

I wouldn't be in a big hurry over to Telegram either after all the issues over information sharing and Pavel Durov's arrest this week for not cooperating with the authorities about the misuse of the app. "

While no apps are completely safe... the ones where they are being arrested for not sharing user information with government agencies and providing backdoors are the ones that are probably more trustworthy. I'd put my faith there before putting it in Zuck, or (worse) a random hacker making knock-off clones of outdated apps.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
3 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

What I mean is when it comes to privacy, you WANT someone who is willing to fight for your rights there against government interference. Many business don't give a crap and will quietly handover everything they have on you off the back of a letter from law enforcement or a government agency.

By *ady ChatterleyWoman
3 weeks ago

Athlone

"Has anyone else's blue Kik packed in ??

I can't even find the app to reload it"

Uninstalled and reinstalled again. It was fun

By *ealitybitesMan
3 weeks ago

Belfast

"What I mean is when it comes to privacy, you WANT someone who is willing to fight for your rights there against government interference. Many business don't give a crap and will quietly handover everything they have on you off the back of a letter from law enforcement or a government agency."

I get that and I agree with you. My issue is that some people are very gullible in regards to what they themselves share on social media and chat apps and this has been manipulated either by the app founders or criminal gangs.

There is a lot of heat around Telegram at the minute so I wouldn't be in a hurry to sign up to any of them.

By *milyRose321TV/TS
3 weeks ago

Derry, Ireland

"What I mean is when it comes to privacy, you WANT someone who is willing to fight for your rights there against government interference. Many business don't give a crap and will quietly handover everything they have on you off the back of a letter from law enforcement or a government agency.

I get that and I agree with you. My issue is that some people are very gullible in regards to what they themselves share on social media and chat apps and this has been manipulated either by the app founders or criminal gangs.

There is a lot of heat around Telegram at the minute so I wouldn't be in a hurry to sign up to any of them. "

Exactly you can film video chat plus going to admit I and ex she knows nothing about Emily but our videos were taken from our couples account on here plus pics so going to agree about be wary it's on you if you agree

By *ilthyNightsCouple
3 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

You cant tap an unused phone line. No safer way

By *og-ManMan
3 weeks ago

somewhere

There's groups set up since last especially for those going to PDI in October

Its easier to keep going and its the easiest way to keep 50 odd people informed than any other way

I don't mean 50 people that are odd just to be clear

By *ilthyNightsCouple
3 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

"There's groups set up since last especially for those going to PDI in October

Its easier to keep going and its the easiest way to keep 50 odd people informed than any other way

I don't mean 50 people that are odd just to be clear "

And it's that convenience and usefulness that has led to Kik being used historically in the scene. Unfortunately Kik has been sold by the developer and the new owner has added a bunch of more intrusive adverts to monetise the platform. There have been a number of security breaches and vulnerabilities and development has been minimal. There have been a number of clones that have additional functionality not intended by the original creator including remote access functions, ways to remotely ban other accounts, and send filetypes not permitted by the original app. This is dangerous and can be exploited by someone with a little technical knowhow to phish other users. While no apps are totally safe... Kik is a total security nightmare.

Post new Message to Thread