Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Being too local

Jump to newest

By *im kirk OP   Man
11 weeks ago

Prosperous

Hey all just looking for opinions on this. Do you meet up with someone who lives nearby or do you maintain a minimum distance?

Does anyone have any experience of this?

I'd love to hear the thoughts of the more experienced folks

(No pat Mustard jokes

thanks)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *om TangoMan
11 weeks ago

aughnacloy monaghan area

Wouldn’t bother me as long as she isn’t my neighbour and live within walking distance.

By *im kirk OP   Man
11 weeks ago

Prosperous

so what's that in kilometres

By *ilthyNightsCouple
11 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

It's probably not the best idea to fuck close neighbours for example. Just in case things went wrong and you had to see them each day.

By *ipstick KissesWoman
11 weeks ago

South Down

We had a meet once with a fella who, when he gave us directions to his, lived at the end of my road...a 5 minute walk away at slow dander. Despite us both being local all our lives, we didn't recognise each other & I didn't clap eyes on him again for the best part of 2 years after either.

By *im kirk OP   Man
11 weeks ago

Prosperous

I can get what you mean. No guarantee things always stay the right way round

By *aptain Caveman41Man
11 weeks ago

Home

Did someone mention Pat mustard wasn't he keeping his large tool in Mrs Doyles box

By *im kirk OP   Man
11 weeks ago

Prosperous

"We had a meet once with a fella who, when he gave us directions to his, lived at the end of my road...a 5 minute walk away at slow dander. Despite us both being local all our lives, we didn't recognise each other & I didn't clap eyes on him again for the best part of 2 years after either."

So as long as you don't see them 10 times a day it didn't bother you

By *im kirk OP   Man
11 weeks ago

Prosperous

"Did someone mention Pat mustard wasn't he keeping his large tool in Mrs Doyles box "

Careful now

By *om TangoMan
11 weeks ago

aughnacloy monaghan area

"It's probably not the best idea to fuck close neighbours for example. Just in case things went wrong and you had to see them each day.

"

I don’t get on with most off my neighbours and I love seeing them everyday to remind them I didn’t go away

By *adylaceWoman
11 weeks ago

Waterford City

I used to meet local people when I first started here many years ago but I had issues twice with guys. 1 started to arrive at my front door at random times and another started to follow me around. I now almost ever meet local people.

By *om TangoMan
11 weeks ago

aughnacloy monaghan area

"I used to meet local people when I first started here many years ago but I had issues twice with guys. 1 started to arrive at my front door at random times and another started to follow me around. I now almost ever meet local people. "

Are you sure they weren’t from the local Garda station ??

By *ilthyNightsCouple
11 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

"I used to meet local people when I first started here many years ago but I had issues twice with guys. 1 started to arrive at my front door at random times and another started to follow me around. I now almost ever meet local people. "

Exactly the reason we are cautious. I hope they stopped hassling in the end without too much drama

By *chochamberWoman
11 weeks ago

Limerick

No need for CCTV around here, plenty of bored local people keeping tabs on each other. The local WhatsApp group contains messages about random people just walking around the place. " I saw a man in a blue jumper walking in x direction"

I try to avoid v local people, as the committee would want to know why they walked across a certain road, not their usual path.

By *affa31Woman
11 weeks ago

Galway

I used to meet a couple of guys who lived within 3 mins of me. It always baffled me that we never see each other out in the real world, despite how small Galway it. Thankfully, none of us are creeps so never an issue

By (user no longer on site)
11 weeks ago

Don't meet anyone from louth or respond to any messages. Just one fab friend who we chat too, that's it.

By *eckme70Man
11 weeks ago

Strabane

I'm sure that wasn't a nice feeling, better to be safe

By *heelofTimeCouple
11 weeks ago

Two Rivers

We’ve met a few from our town. Never any issues, these are a mix of couples and men. Meet in shops nod head and have general chitchat and away we go on our business. It’s only weird if we make it weird.

Xxx

By *ichael McCarthyMan
11 weeks ago

Lucan

The nature of the individual person is what matters, not the distance. This is especially true in the sprawling suburbs of Dublin where you often don't meet your neighbours for weeks, let alone meet someone a kilometre down the road.

By *osyRedLipsWoman
11 weeks ago

Kildare

With the exception of one local guy that I know years I now have a don't shit on your own doorstep policy! I even go do far as to blocking a few after some creepy I know who you are messages

By *aseylee324Couple
11 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

We use "who's near" to rule people out

By *ipstick KissesWoman
11 weeks ago

South Down

"We had a meet once with a fella who, when he gave us directions to his, lived at the end of my road...a 5 minute walk away at slow dander. Despite us both being local all our lives, we didn't recognise each other & I didn't clap eyes on him again for the best part of 2 years after either.

So as long as you don't see them 10 times a day it didn't bother you"

Honestly, it depends on the person. Given that you can't know what someone's going to be like afterwards,I now prefer to avoid those from the same town

By *liver ThomasMan
11 weeks ago

Drogheda

"We’ve met a few from our town. Never any issues, these are a mix of couples and men. Meet in shops nod head and have general chitchat and away we go on our business. It’s only weird if we make it weird.

Xxx "

This exactly.

By *elloMarylouWoman
11 weeks ago

mayo

Prefer to avoid anyone within a 10min drive. The amount of guys that can be discreet but no issue calling to my house but the neighbours miss nothing.

Or local guys who message saying I think I know you, or I've seen you in such a place, but hidden behind a blank profile and than wonder why not willing to invite them over.

By *itlbeeCouple
11 weeks ago

Ireland

We don't mind local to us, but we will not meet anyone very local us,

but we won't meet anyone local to where our families live, where we grew up!

By *og-ManMan
11 weeks ago

somewhere

"We use "who's near" to rule people out "

So I'll put that down as still in with a chance

By *addyseeds.ieMan
11 weeks ago

Gorey, Enniscorthy

This post reminds me of the first time I installed Grindr. I was uploading my photos, writing my profile and I saw some guys started checking my profile.

Then I got a message. After the introduction the guy asked me:

- “are u in the apartment building (name of my building)?”

- “yes, how do you know?”

- “you are 29m distant from me”

I panicked and switched off my phone.

Since then I always tried to avoid people too close to my place.

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
11 weeks ago

ireland

Nope ,never !

By *astelloWoman
11 weeks ago

Far far away

In my early days of fab.l met a local. Ours paths hadn't crossed previously, thankfully decided not to progress as funnily enough our lives are more intertwined, 2 years later...so glad..

Post new Message to Thread