Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Giving Out Phone Numbers

Jump to newest

By *adyKarmennTV OP   TV/TS
12 weeks ago

Dublin

Is it just me or is it weird that people ask for your phone number

For me a phone number is very private and considering I don’t know who’s the other end of the message I never feel comfortable giving it out! I’ve had it before lads ringing me at stupid o clock and even one gave my number to others!

I prefer using Telegram /Snapchat or Kik but am I bern weird??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *unflowerWoman
12 weeks ago

Dublin

You are not weird. It’s your safety and privacy.

You can give your number later, when you know the person

By *ergalMan
12 weeks ago

East Cork

"You are not weird. It’s your safety and privacy.

You can give your number later, when you know the person "

This

By *he KakapoMan
12 weeks ago

A nice rock

I tend to keep my fab/tinder etc.. chats off WhatsApp bit mainly because its already clogged up with work/gaa/family group chats

In theory I've no real issue with giving my number though

12 weeks ago

Dublin

That’s what I was thinking I just find it strange someone asks for a number after like 3/4 messages

By *ealitybitesMan
12 weeks ago

Belfast

I don't give my number to anyone I haven't met and even then it depends on the person.

In the last few weeks I've had Facebook friend suggestions for 3 different people on fab, one of whom I've never met.

That's in spite of the fact the number linked to my Facebook account is an old work mobile number and not one I've ever given to anyone on here.

By *s LollyWoman
12 weeks ago

The pub then supermacs ...

There's probably about 4/5 people on here who have my phone number and that's

after year's of knowing them, it takes a lot of trust before i give it out....

By *adylaceWoman
12 weeks ago

Waterford City

I never give out my number. There are people that I know years that I still only talk to on kik or telegram. I'm not really into phonecalls so half the time I never feel the need to give my number out.

12 weeks ago

Dublin

Well I’m that to haha!!!

By *ipstick KissesWoman
12 weeks ago

South Down

"Is it just me or is it weird that people ask for your phone number

For me a phone number is very private and considering I don’t know who’s the other end of the message I never feel comfortable giving it out! I’ve had it before lads ringing me at stupid o clock and even one gave my number to others!

I prefer using Telegram /Snapchat or Kik but am I bern weird?? "

Only ever do what you're comfortable with, and that includes sharing your phone number. You're not weird, nor alone, in not wanting to give out your phone number.

By *og-ManMan
12 weeks ago

somewhere

I gave out my phone number once and got an attempt to b lackmail me for my troubles from a profile well gone at this stage

Some fab people who are now friends in real life have my number and that's fine

By *iablo soloWoman
12 weeks ago

southside

Never give out my phone number. Only use telegram or Kik on this.

Always think of your own security and what's comfortable with you.

By *ind PaddyMan
12 weeks ago

South County Dublin

It is all about trust. Unless you have meet the person at number of social events.

Even then still best to use fab, to be on the safe side

By *oc09Man
12 weeks ago

near u

Far from weird I wouldn't give me number out unless I met them before

By *chochamberWoman
12 weeks ago

Limerick

Sure, you can always block them.

By *-man24Man
12 weeks ago

northwest

Never been asked ??

But kik or telegram definitely best way

As for passing your number on that’s bang out of order, should of given his number out karma

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
12 weeks ago

ireland

Never ever gave my number out ,I value my privacy too much !

By *aseylee324Couple
12 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

I've never seen any reason to give my number to someone on fab

By (user no longer on site)
12 weeks ago

Personally wouldn’t meet unless we exchanged numbers, what’s do private about a phone number? Block them if you have to. People saying it’s personal, so is sex, I wouldn’t have sex with someone who’s afraid to give there number

By *electableicecreamMan
12 weeks ago

The West

Doesn't seem to be any need now with telegram

By *affa31Woman
12 weeks ago

Galway

"Personally wouldn’t meet unless we exchanged numbers, what’s do private about a phone number? Block them if you have to. People saying it’s personal, so is sex, I wouldn’t have sex with someone who’s afraid to give there number "

If you Google someone’s phone number you will often find their social media and lots of information about them, including their full name. This is one of the reasons people won’t hand it out. I certainly wouldn’t. The list of people from fab who have mine is very short and I count those people as friends, not just people I fuck (or don’t in some cases ).

By *ipstick KissesWoman
12 weeks ago

South Down

"Personally wouldn’t meet unless we exchanged numbers, what’s do private about a phone number? Block them if you have to. People saying it’s personal, so is sex, I wouldn’t have sex with someone who’s afraid to give there number "

Sure you can block them. That doesn't stop them calling you from a different number. Or passing your number on to someone else. Or using it to find you on social media.

By *osyRedLipsWoman
12 weeks ago

Kildare

My close girlfriends from Fab have my number but at this point they are like family. I don't even like giving out my kik or Telegram anymore I stick to Fab now and it's so much easier

By *exytvlegsTV/TS
12 weeks ago

North co dublin Ireland

Never give my number out that what kik is for.And it works well

By *oshSardineMan
12 weeks ago

Castleknock

I never give out my number to anyone. I did once and she was popping up everywhere. Females have asked me here for a what’s app call to ‘verify’ who I am. I don’t give it and apparently it’s my loss. So be it. Kik and Telegram is enough.

12 weeks ago

Dublin

I’m the same but I never understood been asked? To me it would be logicial not to ask

By *ilthyNightsCouple
12 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Not sure it's weird to ask for someone's number, it's a little nieve sure. It doesn't mean they necessarily have nefarious intent.

Any reasonable person wouldn't be offended at being told no though, as it's obvious that it can be used with bad intentions if they wanted to.

By *adhatter and coCouple
12 weeks ago

Middle of mayo n peaceful tranquility

Himself has no problem giving out his phone number , I wouldn’t unless I know them well .

By *adylaceWoman
12 weeks ago

Waterford City

"Personally wouldn’t meet unless we exchanged numbers, what’s do private about a phone number? Block them if you have to. People saying it’s personal, so is sex, I wouldn’t have sex with someone who’s afraid to give there number

If you Google someone’s phone number you will often find their social media and lots of information about them, including their full name. This is one of the reasons people won’t hand it out. I certainly wouldn’t. The list of people from fab who have mine is very short and I count those people as friends, not just people I fuck (or don’t in some cases ). "

This. I've had this from just giving some people my first name. Imagine if I gave them my number.

By *ustBoWoman
12 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Nope I don't give mine out anymore There are 4 people on here who have or had my number and no more will be getting it. Plus it's easy to keep track of who would have passed it on if it happens.

I don't have Kik anymore I've never had telegram I would just use here now for chatting if I wanted to.

I don't see the need to have anyone's number on here nor do I see a reason to give it out.It suits me and if it doesn't suit others we'll they can jog on

Saying oh you can block them is completely pointless as they can still ring off other numbers or pass your number onto others as happened to a friend of mine when she was on here. And I wouldn't be bothered with a second phone for fab either.

By *acyoneWoman
12 weeks ago

South Donegal

Best for me is to stick to fab..when I'm offline I'm really offline..

By *Belfast_FellaMan
12 weeks ago

belfast

Nope, I don't share it and I usually find that asking for it is a massive red flag.

By *og-ManMan
12 weeks ago

somewhere

Just a question from reading JustBo's post above

Would many people have a second phone or sim card to use on here

pain in the arse carrying 2 phones id imagine

By *oodOmensfor2Couple
12 weeks ago

Ennis

"Just a question from reading JustBo's post above

"

We don't but we've met a couple people, who have secondary phones that they use only for fab for various reasons.

By *ealitybitesMan
12 weeks ago

Belfast

"Just a question from reading JustBo's post above

"

I've had a dual sim phone for years due to the nature of a previous job and long before I was on fab.

One sim was for work and the other personal but I don't use either for fab because I only give my number to close friends.

By *ungry CatCouple
12 weeks ago

Belfast

To be devils advocate:

I believe asking for a number carries on from dating sites.

When you're on pof or tinder it's perfectly normal for people to exchange numbers and add people as friends on Facebook, so many newbies don't know any better...

By *sbotangoMan
12 weeks ago

Close by

Never ever give out ur phone number. Use kik

By *og-ManMan
12 weeks ago

somewhere

"To be devils advocate:

When you're on pof or tinder it's perfectly normal for people to exchange numbers and add people as friends on Facebook, so many newbies don't know any better... "

Id imagine the first thing people do on regular dating sites is check someone's facebook/ LinkedIn account

By *electableicecreamMan
12 weeks ago

The West

"To be devils advocate:

When you're on pof or tinder it's perfectly normal for people to exchange numbers and add people as friends on Facebook, so many newbies don't know any better... "

Yep. You want to get off the app so WhatsApp is the normal next step if the chat is going well.

By *oshSardineMan
12 weeks ago

Castleknock

"To be devils advocate:

When you're on pof or tinder it's perfectly normal for people to exchange numbers and add people as friends on Facebook, so many newbies don't know any better...

Id imagine the first thing people do on regular dating sites is check someone's facebook/ LinkedIn account "

A lady I met here from being here previously showed up on my LinkedIn viewers, so obviously she’d been doing a Google search on me. Another lady I’d met here and was on the way back from a hotel with her and I was giving her a lift and my phone was in the cradle and gmail came in and the notification came up on the screen with my name in the email address and later on that night she started sending me messages about did I know this person and that person from where I’d lived as a child. Again, she would have known from a Google search of my name where I’d lived previously because of information online about me. It’s just red flag stuff. Miss Marple stuff

By *aptainpuffinMan
12 weeks ago

Ballincollig

Gave it out once and had a blac kmail attempt for my trouble , so very cautious now

By *andyMandy xWoman
12 weeks ago

Luck of the Irish ....

I don't send a face pic on line let alone give out my phone number, safety first

By *razyNippleLoverMan
12 weeks ago

Naas

"I don't send a face pic on line let alone give out my phone number, safety first "

yea agree whata F , can't understand the need for number or even immediate face pic , if its worth it it's worth waiting on !!! Don't be pressured into something you don't feel comfortable with, what's for you won't pass you !!!

By *astelloWoman
12 weeks ago

Far far away

I've no issue giving out my number once we have established a rapport. For me, l prefer conversation than text ping pong. I will far quickly get a sense of the person from any chat. If someone plans to get intimate...a phone number is least of my concerns.

By *om TangoMan
12 weeks ago

aughnacloy monaghan area

A few have my phone number. No issues yet. I don’t see the problem. There is a block button if there is an issue but those that have my number are trusted and I can call my friends. At the end of the day if I meet someone in a bar I’ve never met before I’d give her my number or Snapchat. Yes I’m old to be on Snapchat

By *ewcouple200Couple
11 weeks ago

dublin

We never give out our number... we think this life should be separate to our vanilla life. Maybe it's different for singles

By *weetpea2000Woman
11 weeks ago

Wexford

Had an issue with a fabber when I first joined here...freaked me out.

A kind fabber I confided in passed on his number for me to call him to chat....told me to block my own number. Never asked for mine..a decent sound guy.

By *aptain Caveman41Man
11 weeks ago

Home

I never give my number

11 weeks ago

"Had an issue with a fabber when I first joined here...freaked me out.

A kind fabber I confided in passed on his number for me to call him to chat....told me to block my own number. Never asked for mine..a decent sound guy."

I’d happily give you mine if you want to call! You can have your number hidden

11 weeks ago

I never give out my number

First off, I've too many of them

Second, there's no need. Some of the best meets took place without ever having exchanged numbers

Three, it's invasive. I don't even bother with WhatsApp or Telegram because six months later I'll inevitably get "KinkyTrumpetGuy has just joined Telegram!" messages and then it's just awkward.

Signal is the best but no one uses it.

Post new Message to Thread