Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

House parties

Jump to newest

By *chochamber OP   Woman
13 weeks ago

Limerick

Without sounding like a scrooge would it be an idea to hold house parties but with everyone donating 20 or 30 quid towards cleaner before and after and nibbles, booze. Plus BYOB?

Just wondering would this be feasible. Need to ensure noise levels are respected so as not to shame the house owner and start and finish time, are strict.

Might cut through a lot of the BS for people. Also if you know you are a squirter etc, bring your extra sheets and take them away again. And any other personal requirements.

If I did it, it would be an incentive to get all my long list of DIY finally sorted out. Could limit where people had access, just downstairs of the house for example, arrive showered, leave and shower when u get home?..... Too harsh, would they need upstairs main bathroom access too?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *panishRebelMan
13 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

Sounds all reasonable to me. But then I am commenting from far away.

By (user no longer on site)
13 weeks ago

It all sounds reasonable but I suspect you would need to know all the attendees well and know that they can comply with the house rules and as a non drinker where alcohol is present compliance with rules sometimes literally goes out the window

By *og-ManMan
13 weeks ago

somewhere

I think it would be better to have a party in an airbnb rather than your own house and in that instance everyone chips in a few euro

Wouldn't be opening a home to a large party at all

A few fab friends that you know very well is fine but thats all

13 weeks ago

Limerick

True, Airbnb, avoids the nosey neighbours as well, and everyone is on a level footing/payment obligation. Better.

13 weeks ago

Limerick

[Removed by poster at 07/07/24 21:28:29]

By *rRiosMan
13 weeks ago

dublin

"I think it would be better to have a party in an airbnb rather than your own house and in that instance everyone chips in a few euro

Wouldn't be opening a home to a large party at all

A few fab friends that you know very well is fine but thats all "

Came in to say this, I know a girl who runs a party from a hotel room which I think works out quite well for her. Having it in your house is asking for potential trouble

13 weeks ago

Limerick

Yes, scrap that, if anyone did anything out of line, you wouldn't want it at your house.

By *ollypop9Woman
13 weeks ago

wouldn't you like to know

A lot of people would like showers in between and directly after play.

Or even before once travelling a distance etc...

And did I mention shower sex ?

Obviously purely to safe on water consumption.

By *matorMan
13 weeks ago

Craigavon

"Without sounding like a scrooge would it be an idea to hold house parties but with everyone donating 20 or 30 quid towards cleaner before and after and nibbles, booze. Plus BYOB?

Just wondering would this be feasible. Need to ensure noise levels are respected so as not to shame the house owner and start and finish time, are strict.

Might cut through a lot of the BS for people. Also if you know you are a squirter etc, bring your extra sheets and take them away again. And any other personal requirements.

If I did it, it would be an incentive to get all my long list of DIY finally sorted out. Could limit where people had access, just downstairs of the house for example, arrive showered, leave and shower when u get home?..... Too harsh, would they need upstairs main bathroom access too? "

That's some effort to go to just to get the DIY sorted once and for all but as good a reason as any

By *ool CowboyMan
13 weeks ago

Tralee

Best to book a Air B+B or even student accommodation during the summer . No one wants stranger danger in there own homes . Plus your giving away ur safe zone .

13 weeks ago

Limerick

"Best to book a Air B+B or even student accommodation during the summer . No one wants stranger danger in there own homes . Plus your giving away ur safe zone ."

True, thank you.

By *og-ManMan
13 weeks ago

somewhere

"Without sounding like a scrooge would it be an idea to hold house parties but with everyone donating 20 or 30 quid towards cleaner before and after and nibbles, booze. Plus BYOB?

If I did it, it would be an incentive to get all my long list of DIY finally sorted out. Could limit where people had access, just downstairs of the house for example, arrive showered, leave and shower when u get home?..... Too harsh, would they need upstairs main bathroom access too?

That's some effort to go to just to get the DIY sorted once and for all but as good a reason as any "

Or invite plumbers electricians,carpenters to the party

13 weeks ago

Limerick

I like all of those!

By *matorMan
13 weeks ago

Craigavon

"Or invite plumbers electricians,carpenters to the party "

Trades and handymen front and centre please

By *lassy lady 216Woman
13 weeks ago

Craigavon

I have 2 very good friends that I run parties with we always book an apartment somewhere and split the cost of it between all the guests we have never had an issue from people with this it was actually a fellow fabber couple that told us to do it as at the start we were covering the cost ourselves I can understand your reasons for wanting to do it at your own home as you have everything to hand and saves having to bring extra glasses plates and anything else you need but at the end of the day it is your home do you really want complete strangers knowing where you live Airbnbs aren't without there problems either as most state that no parties are allowed and some want the details of every one that is going to be there we have only ever had one complaint about noise and I have always gotten every deposit that i had to pay back i find as long as you are respectful of the premises and leave them as you have found them most landlords don't care but you do need to do your research and don't believe every photo of places that you see we learnt that one the hard way lol

By *otmyrealname!!Man
13 weeks ago

Kerry

"Or invite plumbers electricians,carpenters to the party

Trades and handymen front and centre please "

Plumber here lol

13 weeks ago

Limerick

We all love a plumber

By *itlbeeCouple
13 weeks ago

Ireland

A lot of parties just ask for a revolut payment to secure a ticket.

AirBnB is an option, but technically you are going to be going against host rules to hold a party in an AirBnb, and risk getting banned if they find out.

I've been to a party that I'm pretty sure was an AirBnB, and saw a table get broken, a toilet get blocked.. and you'll need to do some serious cleaning before you leave.

I've never showered at a party, it's not not feasible as people are already lining up for toilets.

You just shower before heading out for the night.

13 weeks ago

Limerick

All too much hassle, I ll leave it to the professional organisers.

By *altsman88Man
13 weeks ago

athlone

lol you almost had the DIY going OP ….. almost

By *ser67876Man
13 weeks ago

Cork

"All too much hassle, I ll leave it to the professional organisers. "

Very good concerns to be fair, from what I’ve heard most hosts take on most of the stress, exposure and expense of it all. Really only seems fair that you limit who is invited and make sure they are trustworthy.

Expecting everyone to shower after or stay over is too far in my opinion, also providing booze etc which some people graciously do.. this should be on guests. If you ever end up trying it, a cleaner will most likely be needed though you are right to share that cost. Things can certainly get messy lol

By *panishRebelMan
13 weeks ago

"All too much hassle, I ll leave it to the professional organisers.

Very good concerns to be fair, from what I’ve heard most hosts take on most of the stress, exposure and expense of it all. Really only seems fair that you limit who is invited and make sure they are trustworthy.

Expecting everyone to shower after or stay over is too far in my opinion, also providing booze etc which some people graciously do.. this should be on guests. If you ever end up trying it, a cleaner will most likely be needed though you are right to share that cost. Things can certainly get messy lol "

This is why the Party World of swingers often becomes a rich persons game.

By *ildAtlanticSecretCouple
13 weeks ago

around Clare, Galway, Limerick

Start small with a few you trust,Airbnb nonrefundable deposit bring our own drinks build from that all going well add one two every time

By *ohnsmithMan
13 weeks ago

South Tipperary

"Start small with a few you trust,Airbnb nonrefundable deposit bring our own drinks build from that all going well add one two every time

Thumb up..."

By *imerick ladyWoman
13 weeks ago

suburbs

"True, Airbnb, avoids the nosey neighbours as well, and everyone is on a level footing/payment obligation. Better. "

Me and you should get together and organise something

By *nowhowtotreatagirlMan
13 weeks ago

Limerick

"True, Airbnb, avoids the nosey neighbours as well, and everyone is on a level footing/payment obligation. Better. "

Sounds like a fantastic idea! Totally agree with the others, I’d keep it away from your own beautiful home for peace of mind if anything. If you want a hand putting the party together, give me a shout.. only too happy to help in anyway I can

By *ilthyNightsCouple
13 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Most airbnbs explicitly disallow parties.

13 weeks ago

Limerick

"True, Airbnb, avoids the nosey neighbours as well, and everyone is on a level footing/payment obligation. Better.

Me and you should get together and organise something "

We should!

By *ilthyNightsCouple
13 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

We used to use privately hired apartments attached to hotels. They usually allow parties. We used to say it was someone 40th or something and it was generally ok.

By *panishRebelMan
13 weeks ago

"Most airbnbs explicitly disallow parties. "

I look after a garden and pool property here in Spain. The owner air-bnb's it. The complaints from the neighbours to me are regula. Bachelor and hen groups etc just having fun. It's the neighbours who suffer, plus broken furniture etc. So this is why most Airbnb don't allow parties.

Such an event would need careful planning and vetting. This is a lot of work for the organiser. They should be well compensated.

13 weeks ago

Limerick

"We used to use privately hired apartments attached to hotels. They usually allow parties. We used to say it was someone 40th or something and it was generally ok."

I ve got a place in mind!

By *aptain Caveman41Man
13 weeks ago

Home

"We used to use privately hired apartments attached to hotels. They usually allow parties. We used to say it was someone 40th or something and it was generally ok.

I ve got a place in mind! "

great idea

13 weeks ago

Limerick

It ll be a Limerick First Party, for all the faithful!

By *aptain Caveman41Man
13 weeks ago

Home

"It ll be a Limerick First Party, for all the faithful! "
a party to cheer us up after last weekend

13 weeks ago

Limerick

Theme: We will rise again!