Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Pets

Jump to newest

By *exyScientists OP   Couple
14 weeks ago

Castlebar

Need cheering up today..

We all know they are nicer than humans so tell me about your pets...current or in pet heaven!

I'm a dog person...but it turns out all cats don't want to kill me and some actually like me

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ursecretmischiefCouple
14 weeks ago

The West

"Need cheering up today..

We all know they are nicer than humans so tell me about your pets...current or in pet heaven!

I'm a dog person...but it turns out all cats don't want to kill me and some actually like me

"

Nicer than humans??...debatable!

Never had anybody I know eat the skirting board in my house, chew the zip off an expensive jacket, or take a shit in my sitting room!

Mumbling to myself, walking down the road on a damp, cold evening. "Oh me and the kids will walk him, she says".

By *antra MassageMan
14 weeks ago

Wicklow

I love dogs. I had a beautiful big Labrador. They aren't long lived, unfortunately, and died aged 13. Great memories of him, as I got him as a pup, at the same time as getting a new house and first baby being born.

By *ohng69Man
14 weeks ago

athenry

I have an ageing dog. He has developed some medical issues recently and has slowed down a lot. He's still very active but I have to make him take it a bit easier. We've had great times together and hopefully still plenty to come.

By *lueLotusWoman
14 weeks ago

the wilderness

Cats all the way for me. I like dogs in small doses, couldn't own one I find them far too needy and attention seeking. Says a lot about me eh

By *hivers2020Woman
14 weeks ago

lolli land

Love cats and dogs, I have one fur baby and she’s my constant companion

By *aseylee324Couple
14 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

Currently have a psychotic rescue cat of indeterminate age and a middle aged middle sized dog with the sweetest temperament, she even won himself over

By *og-ManMan
14 weeks ago

somewhere

Have 2 dogs which I try to walk 3 times a day

The little fella follows me everywhere and if he wakes up too early in the morning I let him out of the kitchen and they both run up to my bedroom and we all go back asleep on my bed

He's damaged as he was taken off a man that beat him up in a puppy farm so he's still afraid to eat unless the room is empty but he's loved so hopefully he gets over that

The bigger dog is strong as an ox and spends half our night time walks trying to catch the foxes that are all around my house while I'm trying to make a phone call

Love my dogs

By *panishRebelMan
14 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

I have no pets currently.

I've had them loads. Dogs and cats, mice, hamsters, birds, evan a fox.

I miss them all.

For me the wolfhounds I miss the most. Intelligence oozing out of them, they are gentle and kind, with a natural care of kids. They don't start fight other dogs, they do finish them. Usually one deep gutteral growl will do. Also they will protect their own with their life. You need land and space for them however. Also I reckon Spanish heat might be a bit much.

So I currently have no pets.

By *oo32Man
14 weeks ago

tipperary

Cats not so much...they've a murder button and can go off anytime

I'd a fox for ages...he died of old age

Dogs are brilliant,their enthusiasm when they see people should be bottled and sold

Now I've chickens

By *chochamberWoman
14 weeks ago

Limerick

"Cats not so much...they've a murder button and can go off anytime

Dogs are brilliant,their enthusiasm when they see people should be bottled and sold

Now I've chickens"

Chicken poop, all over the place?

By *ozzlesMan
14 weeks ago

galway

I'm a pet free zone. I love other people's dogs but just not prepared for the commitment of having one myself.

I'm fairly consistent on the commitment front at least

By *electableicecreamMan
14 weeks ago

The West

I had a pet crow that I rescued as a baby. He was adopted by bird lady after a while as the demands of a juvenile crow are worse than a new born human. His name was Edgar and he lives outside now and keeps in touch with her.

I have two cats who are nearly one

My first pets of my very own. They are great and very social and friendly. They love my kids more than me. Which is lovely.

By *aperclip 2Man
14 weeks ago

ballymoney

"Need cheering up today..

lol love my dogs but have lost a few household items, remotes and a whole sofa , and quite a few shoes ,,

if a human done it i def would've fell out with them but still have my furry friends

Never had anybody I know eat the skirting board in my house, chew the zip off an expensive jacket, or take a shit in my sitting room!

Mumbling to myself, walking down the road on a damp, cold evening. "Oh me and the kids will walk him, she says"."

By *oodOmensfor2Couple
14 weeks ago

Ennis

We both love animals! Might explain the small menagerie we have at this point. Two dogs, two cats, a pony (+a friend's pony) and 11 hens and their giant cock .

Can't imagine life without all of the. One of the best things is the friendship between the dogs and one of our cats. That cat is bossy af but has a way of charming his way into everyone's heart.

By (user no longer on site)
14 weeks ago

I have a springer mix, needs locked up! She is wild crazy but the best fun! Never seen enthusiasm like it!

By *razySexyCoolCorkWoman
14 weeks ago

Cork

I've always had pets. They are such great company. Have a dog currently that is absolutely ruined but I wouldn't have it any other way.

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple
14 weeks ago

kinda dublin

I have a turtle that I recieved as an xmas present.

It pretty much does nothing. Just sits there and digs a bit.

Anyone want a pet turtle?

By *ohnFKMan
14 weeks ago

Where the Streets Have No Name

"I have a turtle that I recieved as an xmas present.

Anyone want a pet turtle? "

I hope you don't get me in the 'Secret Santa' this year!

By *oo32Man
14 weeks ago

tipperary

Now I've chickens

Chicken poop, all over the place? "

Ahhh not really....Great fertiliser

Mini dinosaurs

By *endover bbCouple
14 weeks ago

cork

Have had dogs all my life

When my English bull terrier passed away a few years a go I didn’t get another dog for 18 months the worst 18 months ever depressed of my tits wondering around the house like it was one of the kids were gone . Pets play a huge part in most people s life weather it’s just for stress relief or just for companionship Have a xl bully now excellent temperament not the dog the media make them out to be at all it how there raised .

By *oodOmensfor2Couple
14 weeks ago

Ennis

Now I've chickens

Mini dinosaurs "

Don't you mean mini-raptors

By *addyseeds.ieMan
14 weeks ago

Gorey, Enniscorthy

Couple of dogs, last one passed away August 2023.

If I include some of the pets I have as a kid it’s a long list: tropical fishes, cats, turtles, rabbit, a white mouse, a corn snake, a green iguana, a bearded dragon. I’m sure I forgot something.

By *amsevenMan
14 weeks ago

cork

Had a golden retriever who died about a year ago now. Can say without shame he was my best bud for 10 years. Died in my arms in the middle of the night. Still miss him loads. Got a rescue dog in January. Border collie. Was completely tapped when he arrived but he's now settled in. Have to share the couch with him. I quite happily talk to the pair of magpies who live in the yard and the swallows who live in the shed.

By *man1044Man
14 weeks ago

North Galway

Bichon Frise who sneaks into the bed at night

By *oo32Man
14 weeks ago

tipperary

Now I've chickens

Mini dinosaurs

Don't you mean mini-raptors "

Mini headcases

By *ngle69Man
14 weeks ago

Midlands

I had a green iguana for years, adorable, smart and loyal like a dogs. Now he's in a heaven

"Reptiles heaven" in Dublin

After the first wave of COVID got allergic to reptiles, weird and rear stuff, you would never think of..so had to say goodbye but at least I know he's in good hands

By *astelloWoman
14 weeks ago

Far far away

Always grew up with dogs. So got my beautiful cross terrier who sadly passed away after 15 years when l started my family. Have a crazy rescue dog now. Not quite sure if he's an Einstein or Dopey. Cats..short lived in the countryside.

By *antra MassageMan
14 weeks ago

Wicklow

Is it a tortoise(terrestrial )or a terrapin(aquatic)? If you're serious,and looking to rehome I'd take a tortoise.

By *antra MassageMan
14 weeks ago

Wicklow

Yes, meeeeeeee!

By *ubadubdubWoman
14 weeks ago

Hereabouts

"

Mumbling to myself, walking down the road on a damp, cold evening. "Oh me and the kids will walk him, she says"."

() ()

By * la carteCouple
14 weeks ago

Dublin

I can't even get privacy in the bathroom, my teeny weeny dog is my shadow and whoever knew that a Bernese mountain dog would take up barely any room in a double bed

By *ubadubdubWoman
14 weeks ago

Hereabouts

Id love one but I believe they can live to be ancient so that's a bit much, thinking about a carer for a pet that might outlive me

By * la carteCouple
14 weeks ago

Dublin

"

"

What an amateur!!!

By *rRiosMan
14 weeks ago

dublin

[Removed by poster at 05/07/24 19:45:25]

By *rRiosMan
14 weeks ago

dublin

There is a soft spot in my heart for aging dogs. I know it’s heartbreaking but if you can, please adopt an older animal

14 weeks ago

Castlebar

"I can't even get privacy in the bathroom, my teeny weeny dog is my shadow and whoever knew that a Bernese mountain dog would take up barely any room in a double bed "

we have a Bernese. Real proper lap dogs

14 weeks ago

Castlebar

"There is a soft spot in my heart for aging dogs. I know it’s heartbreaking but if you can, please adopt an older animal "

Yes that's what I want to do when I retire - take on older dogs that can't cope in kennels.

By *ot so needyMan
14 weeks ago

Galway

"There is a soft spot in my heart for aging dogs. I know it’s heartbreaking but if you can, please adopt an older animal

Yes that's what I want to do when I retire - take on older dogs that can't cope in kennels. "

That sounds lovely

By *ittleBoPeepingWoman
14 weeks ago

Galway, Clare

"There is a soft spot in my heart for aging dogs. I know it’s heartbreaking but if you can, please adopt an older animal "

Whenever I hear the words "buy/bought" and "pet" in the same sentence my heart breaks..

By *ittleBoPeepingWoman
14 weeks ago

Galway, Clare

"There is a soft spot in my heart for aging dogs. I know it’s heartbreaking but if you can, please adopt an older animal

Yes that's what I want to do when I retire - take on older dogs that can't cope in kennels. "

You take the dogs and I'll take the cats

By *rRiosMan
14 weeks ago

dublin

Whenever I hear the words "buy/bought" and "pet" in the same sentence my heart breaks.. "

I have a cousin who is mad about dogs. Is very against breeding for bred reasons but yet knows every breed. “Oh that’s a xyz” or “oh that’s an abc”. There’s no malice in it but why does she care? It kinda irritates me

I always say when people ask what breed my dog is “oh, she’s a 100% pure bred good girl”

Coincidentally, that’s why I’m… sorry

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
14 weeks ago

ireland

Woof woof ,we love doggies !

By *ildarekinkstersCouple
14 weeks ago

kinkytown

Ours is a jack Russell/ Labrador cross (we have no idea how that worked out) got her not long after we had our youngest. The two of them are inseparable doing everything together. Fond of cheese as well ROFL.

By *om TangoMan
14 weeks ago

aughnacloy monaghan area

I’ve 3 dogs, 2 cats with mammy cat hiding her baby’s somewhere. Used to keep 12 different breeds of hens, a few ducks and used to have bronze turkeys. Some of the poultry was used for eggs, some for eating and some for breeding and shipping their eggs to other hobby breeders

By (user no longer on site)
14 weeks ago

Two enormous neurotic cats.

And I mean enormous. Particularly the big ginger one. Constantly looking for food, but he's very handsome so he gets away with it.

Probably a lot of you can relate.

By *ittleBoPeepingWoman
14 weeks ago

Galway, Clare

I have two cats, lots of blankets and the couch has recliners. That's my future right there

By *electableicecreamMan
14 weeks ago

The West

"Two enormous neurotic cats.

And I mean enormous. Particularly the big ginger one. Constantly looking for food, but he's very handsome so he gets away with it.

Probably a lot of you can relate. "

I can relate. Always hungry, seem to get away with it

By *he KakapoMan
14 weeks ago

A nice rock

I need to borrow a puppy for a different thread....

This seems like a good place to ask

By *ittleBoPeepingWoman
14 weeks ago

Galway, Clare

I can relate. Always hungry, seem to get away with it"

Vet told me a while back my cats had me wrapped around their cat fingers 'cos I feed them when they look for food..

14 weeks ago

Castlebar

I can relate. Always hungry, seem to get away with it

Vet told me a while back my cats had me wrapped around their cat fingers 'cos I feed them when they look for food.."

My dog has me trained this way too with the big brown sad eyes... I've done it myself a few times but they are less effective

By *oodOmensfor2Couple
14 weeks ago

Ennis

Probably a lot of you can relate. "

Must be a ginger thing . Ours likes to pretend that he wasn't fed in the morning to whoever gets up second. He also gets away with it way too often

By * la carteCouple
14 weeks ago

Dublin

"I need to borrow a puppy for a different thread....

This seems like a good place to ask"

Send me your address - I'll put her in the mail

14 weeks ago

Castlebar

"I need to borrow a puppy for a different thread....

This seems like a good place to ask"

I have loads but you'll need to collect one...

By *utterfly1983Couple
14 weeks ago

Widnes

4 dogs and a cornsnake. Dogs are 3x Patterdale x jack Russell (mum and two pups) and a chihuahua x Chinese crested.. hard work but worth it if not for the cuddles

By *oodOmensfor2Couple
14 weeks ago

Ennis

"4 dogs and a cornsnake. Dogs are 3x Patterdale x jack Russell (mum and two pups) and a chihuahua x Chinese crested.. hard work but worth it if not for the cuddles "

Yeah, another Patterdale cross

By *utterfly1983Couple
14 weeks ago

Widnes

"4 dogs and a cornsnake. Dogs are 3x Patterdale x jack Russell (mum and two pups) and a chihuahua x Chinese crested.. hard work but worth it if not for the cuddles

Yeah, another Patterdale cross "

Awesome dogs but I’m done with 3.. maxed out especially now we have a touring caravan haha

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman
14 weeks ago

in the waves

My dog sadly passed away before Christmas, I still miss him every day. But I have a lot of good memories and will always cherish them.

I also have a leopard gecko who pretty much hates everyone. We are similar that way. Ha

Post new Message to Thread