Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

How popular is the lifestyle in IRL?

Jump to newest

By *rishmanabroad OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dublin/Belfast

Being a relative newbie, I often wonder how popular the lifestyle is in Ireland and how much momentum there is behind it. I don’t attend socials or events so have no sense of the reality of things beyond the meets I’ve had. Would love to hear experienced people’s thoughts on whether it’s still peripheral or more widespread than it appears. Also how fast would you say it’s gaining popularity? Very slow or is there an increasing uptake?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *are04Man
14 weeks ago

Letterkenny

I’m from rural NW Ireland and I suspect there’s more happening with the younger generation (I’m 59) When I lived in Dublin twenty plus years ago, before the internet took off, you had to know right people and places.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
14 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Judging from the numbers on the site, it is growing as a steady rate

By *osyRedLipsWoman
14 weeks ago

Kildare

I joined in 2017 wasn't really Fabbers in my area! Ran into one at Lidl this morning and one in the gym this afternoon we are everywhere

By *itlbeeCouple
14 weeks ago

Ireland

If you use the "whose near me" there at least single males in ever corner of the country.

Swinging is a somewhat outdated term for the younger crowd. But some element of non monogamy is pretty common. A lot are interested in threesomes.

A few of my swinger pals have told their friends about their status and a surprising amount of couples responded that they've considered it for themselves.

I would wager everyone probably knows someone whose dabbled in non monogamy.

By *izmoandbooCouple
14 weeks ago

Dublin

"If you use the "whose near me" there at least single males in ever corner of the country.

Swinging is a somewhat outdated term for the younger crowd. But some element of non monogamy is pretty common. A lot are interested in threesomes.

A few of my swinger pals have told their friends about their status and a surprising amount of couples responded that they've considered it for themselves.

I would wager everyone probably knows someone whose dabbled in non monogamy. "

We experienced this when we told close friends what we do. Discovered many more people than we thought engaged in various forms of non-monogamy or whatever they choose to call it. We even ended up making a connection as a result. Eye-opener for us. Just never know really.

By *ursecretmischiefCouple
14 weeks ago

The West

It's considerably bigger than most think and not all of it is on here.

Lots of people have non-monogamous relationships and random threesomes etc.

Regardless of how small your village or town is, your one of many indulging in the lifestyle.

By *chochamberWoman
14 weeks ago

Limerick

I think it's gone mainstream in limerick.

By *m158Couple
14 weeks ago

Cork

So collected 17 year old daughter and her 2 friends last night after a concert.....they were chatting about their 2 friends (couple) that had a 3some with another girl.....was just normal chat.....Next generation.....swinging going to be a very common thing lol

By *lmost_ThereMan
14 weeks ago

Dublin

As said above. Seeing it more and more, hearing about it more and more. And I think the numbers are increasing here.

By *ewcorkcpl23Couple
14 weeks ago

Cork

Considering this is the only real site for swinging in Ireland I don't think it's popular enough, old fashion catholic Ireland is still strong in this country. That's a pity as its a great lifestyle to be involved in with the right people obviously.

By *unflowerWoman
14 weeks ago

Dublin

"I’m from rural NW Ireland and I suspect there’s more happening with the younger generation (I’m 59) When I lived in Dublin twenty plus years ago, before the internet took off, you had to know right people and places. "

I would disagree.

I’ve been at events only in Dublin, but there are less people in 20s than people in their 50s, 60s and older.

I would say 35-55 is probably the biggest crowd at social events.

By *unflowerWoman
14 weeks ago

Dublin

From my perspective the biggest problem in Ireland at swinging scene is that people are still ashamed.

I’ve been at social on Friday and neighbors had occasionally met there. Such a drama for both sides.

And it would be nice to have at least one open club on a regular basis.

By *ACOLCouple
14 weeks ago

limerick

I think little ireland isn't doing so bad when it comes to newcomers.

You can see specially at well known socials. But yeah the vast majority are in between 30s to 60s.

And it will only get bigger as more youngsters arrive, I have notice lately alot of 25s+ couples on the page.

Lina

By *ursecretmischiefCouple
14 weeks ago

The West

"From my perspective the biggest problem in Ireland at swinging scene is that people are still ashamed.

I’ve been at social on Friday and neighbors had occasionally met there. Such a drama for both sides.

And it would be nice to have at least one open club on a regular basis. "

It will be a very long time before we get a club scene here, it's probably just not financially viable!

Even in the UK, many of them do look a little tacky and cheap, compared to those on the continent.

By *tingray271Man
14 weeks ago

Sligo Donegal

This is very hard to determine. As no one has a sign around there neck . I'm a swinger.. so how do you know who's with us.

By *unflowerWoman
14 weeks ago

Dublin

And how people in UK, Getmany, Netherlands know?

By *itlbeeCouple
14 weeks ago

Ireland

[Removed by poster at 16/06/24 19:32:56]

By *itlbeeCouple
14 weeks ago

Ireland

A certain app for "open minded dating" more popular with younger people than an old fashioned website like this.

The kink scene can also be very varied.

By *ungry CatCouple
14 weeks ago

Belfast

In our honest experience- very popular!

That said at our socials we offer people shows, games to break the ice, a relaxed atmosphere, quiet enough music so people don't have to scream at each other and we don't let absolutely any randos in, which we feel attracts people who seek a safe space to be themselves and have faith that anyone they will interact with didn't come to the event with any bad intentions.

Some people view fab socials as "I have enough friends, I'm here to fuck, so I will not attend socials" while in reality- all most people attending the socials want to do is get to know a person before getting into bed with them in a safe environment.

My twopence

Missus

By *unflowerWoman
14 weeks ago

Dublin

"In our honest experience- very popular!

That said at our socials we offer people shows, games to break the ice, a relaxed atmosphere, quiet enough music so people don't have to scream at each other and we don't let absolutely any randos in, which we feel attracts people who seek a safe space to be themselves and have faith that anyone they will interact with didn't come to the event with any bad intentions.

Some people view fab socials as "I have enough friends, I'm here to fuck, so I will not attend socials" while in reality- all most people attending the socials want to do is get to know a person before getting into bed with them in a safe environment.

My twopence

Missus "

Sounds like I need to expand my geography of events

By *ungry CatCouple
14 weeks ago

Belfast

"In our honest experience- very popular!

My twopence

Missus

Sounds like I need to expand my geography of events "

Very welcome to come along to any of our events.. Vampire Gala Black Tie Masquerade will most definitely be the event of the year for NI, so plenty of time to plan a trip

By *rishmanabroad OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Dublin/Belfast

Thanks for all the responses. Really fun reading through. It seems there’s a consensus it’s getting pretty popular and fairly mainstream in certain areas and age groups, which matches what I imagined to be the case. And if someone like me is here there must be some truth to that.

What I love is how quickly things seem to be moving on this… it feels like there’s momentum. I’d like to be an advocate for change as I really feel there are massive benefits (from my brief experience)… adds an entire new dimension to life. Changes how you experience things all round.

Post new Message to Thread