Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Are you the same...just older

Jump to newest

By *og-Man OP   Man
15 weeks ago

somewhere

So some people age and completely change their look so that they're unrecognisable

Others get older but look the exact same as when they went to primary school..an older version.

If I bump into anyone I went to secondary school with I'm definitely unrecognisable

Old photos...cant be picked out by people that know me now but not then

Have you changed

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uriousVoyeurMan
15 weeks ago

Northside

Not really, people from years ago recognise me even though I'm a bit wider than I was as a young man! I like to think I'm still as much of a ride and not as modest as I was!!

By *otvanilla876Man
15 weeks ago

Inchicore

I've definitely changed a fair bit since 18, used to have long hair and obvs no facial hair, body has changed as well, I can still tell its me but I wonder if others can

By *aseylee324Couple
15 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

Was told last year at a brunch with some old classmates that I look exactly the same (gormless 16 year old is not the look I'm aiming for, but hey-ho)

I think women change very little from their mid-teens, men can be unrecognisable

By *og-Man OP   Man
15 weeks ago

somewhere

Last week I met a woman I hadn't seen in 22 years

We were both gowned up,mask on,net on head waiting on trollies to go in for our operations in separate operating theatres

I recognised her eyes and said hello.....she didn't know who I was until I gave her my name

Can't remember if I'm going up or down the stairs the rest of the time

By *ogladyWoman
15 weeks ago

The bog

Ive been told by people I've known years that I look way better now than what I did when I was younger..I take that as an complement..

By *ilthyNightsCouple
15 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

I think I'm the same, just a bit more daddyish

By *ea ShellsWoman
15 weeks ago

Sligo

I’ve been told by secondary school friends who I meet occasionally that I’m the same, that I haven’t changed. But I know my hair colour is different, I no longer wearing glasses and have even larger boobs since teenage years! But I think it’s the personality that shines through still. Facial expressions and turn of phrase amongst other aspects which define individuals rather than looks.

By *leasurer77Man
15 weeks ago

Athlone

"I’ve been told by secondary school friends who I meet occasionally that I’m the same, that I haven’t changed. But I know my hair colour is different, I no longer wearing glasses and have even larger boobs since teenage years! But I think it’s the personality that shines through still. Facial expressions and turn of phrase amongst other aspects which define individuals rather than looks. "

I'll vouch for the larger boobs

By *electableicecreamMan
15 weeks ago

The West

I think I'm the same. Was a bit weird being the only kid in primary school with a beard though.

By *adger BrocMan
15 weeks ago

Co. Cork

Totally different.

Life is a progression.

Embrace the change.

By *eralt80Man
15 weeks ago

cork

Physically I’m still similar to my younger years just rocking the silver fox look a bit more now. It’s not too often I meet people I went to school with these days apart from 1 or 2 life long friends. I’m definitely not the uber-anxious kid I once was though

By *otownkid1967Man
15 weeks ago

Portlaoise

Apart from a bit of weight, I haven't changed much over the years. Still have little or no sense.

By *rish_GuyMan
15 weeks ago

Foxford

I don't think that I changed that much at all. I've lost weight & hair, sence then alright. Don't see that many people that I went to school with anymore, like alot of people. It be more a case of do I know or remember them, than do they know or remember me.

By *ealcoupleCouple
15 weeks ago

"I don't think that I changed that much at all. I've lost weight & hair, sence then alright. Don't see that many people that I went to school with anymore, like alot of people. It be more a case of do I know or remember them, than do they know or remember me. "

I think im still the same, maybe a few extra lbs and lines but definitely still recognisable to people I went to school with.

C x

By *chochamberWoman
15 weeks ago

Limerick

Physically - similar but hair coloured and wear glasses.

Personally - much less of a people pleaser, much more analytical and selective. Much, much more protective of myself and cautious of bullies.

By *urvyLouLouWoman
15 weeks ago

Tyrone

Physically people will say I haven't changed but I think I have in terms of looks x

By *ealitybitesMan
15 weeks ago

Belfast

I've had people I went to primary school with recognise me immediately and I hadn't a clue who they were.

I chatted to others at weddings and funerals only to realise 10 minutes into the conversation that we were at grammar school together but at least they had no idea either.

On the flip side I've said hello to people I sat beside in class and knew exactly who they were but they had no memory of me at school at all so that didn't really come down to physical appearance.

By *panishRebelMan
15 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

At a pup gig I ran into someone who called my name out back in the Autumn. I asked how he knew my name. I used to hang around with him a little in Primary School. I hadn't seen him since then. I was obviously recognisable. He looked like his Dad did. When he was younger he looked like his mother.

By *s LollyWoman
15 weeks ago

The pub then supermacs ...

People still recognise me no idea how as iv gotten fatter, long brown perm hair now shaved and black, boobies alot bigger, think ive shrunk an inch or two over the year's also

By *heekygent50Man
15 weeks ago

Meath

"People still recognise me no idea how as iv gotten fatter, long brown perm hair now shaved and black, boobies alot bigger, think ive shrunk an inch or two over the year's also "

I'm sure it's your face recognition they noticed once a pretty face always a pretty face

By *ipstick KissesWoman
15 weeks ago

South Down

I'm scarily still recognisable...older, shorter & fatter but the oul bake hasn't changed.

In my work I see lots of people from my younger days - I recognise the vast majority and them me. Most seem like they haven't changed a bit

By * la carteCouple
15 weeks ago

Dublin

I think most people who knew me in my teenage years would still recognise me.

What's a lot scarier, is that complete strangers recognise me through being familiar with my parents and/or siblings.

I've been stopped at the airport with "oh, you must be the daughter of such and such"!

A fleeting Fab meet from a number of years ago recognised my sister in her work place which is public facing

It can be rather disconcerting.

I'm brutal at recognising people or remembering names...

Mrs

By *ildarekinkstersCouple
15 weeks ago

kinkytown

I get recognised a bit more now by people from my younger days which is odd considering I'm notably balder and have more facial hair then I use to have. I think it's more my voice and odd accent that make people recognise me though.

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
15 weeks ago

ireland

Physically ,I pretty much look the same with a few extra wrinkles thrown in for good measure ,also I've a lot more in the boob department compared to the flat chested teen I once was !

By *weetpea2000Woman
15 weeks ago

Wexford

I get told that I haven't changed a bit since primary school!

I surely think I have, I don't look 10 close up!!

I was shy and awkward back then too...can be shy and quiet until I know someone even now.

By *voidingboredomMan
15 weeks ago

around

I look younger and fitter now than I did 10 years ago. 20 years ago there was alot of long hair and general awkwardness but I think I've grown out of that with a vengeance

I think I'm recognisable easily enough to people from before but after a few mins of chatting I'd say I'm very different to what people remember

By *azzo2024Man
15 weeks ago

Carlow

Just call me benjamin button

By *astelloWoman
15 weeks ago

Far far away

I had a school reunion a few years ago and l was told that l hadn't changed a bit. Which is true. Very recognisable hair, same height..and yes same boob's...

I realised after 25 years also that people don't really change, personality wise either.

By *adger BrocMan
15 weeks ago

Co. Cork

"I had a school reunion a few years ago and l was told that l hadn't changed a bit. Which is true. Very recognisable hair, same height..and yes same boob's...

I realised after 25 years also that people don't really change, personality wise either. "

So your school pals still recognised your boobs.....interesting.

By *astelloWoman
14 weeks ago

Far far away

Well... they haven't changed...

By *adger BrocMan
14 weeks ago

Co. Cork

"Well... they haven't changed... "

I'm sure they enjoy the "flashbacks" when you meet up at school reunions.

By *og-Man OP   Man
14 weeks ago

somewhere

"I had a school reunion a few years ago and l was told that l hadn't changed a bit. Which is true. Very recognisable hair, same height..and yes same boob's...

I realised after 25 years also that people don't really change, personality wise either. "

Very true.....I've bumped into a few people from my secondary school that I didn't like then and now in work they try to treat my work colleagues like gobshites

I get great satisfaction from putting them in their place without them knowing who I am

By *agherafeltmanMan
14 weeks ago

magherafelt

I was very skinny as a lad but have filled our alot, I'm not overweight though. That throws alot of people. But looks wise I'm told I very recognisable.

By *I TwoCouple
14 weeks ago

currently travelling down W France

Apparently not to others, but to me I have changed

Post new Message to Thread