Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

One on one social meets

Jump to newest

By *carlett! OP   Woman
16 weeks ago

Why do they feel like interviews? Mostly meet people at events, but would like to venture outside my comfort zone. What are some ideas to do or things to chat about on a social meet? What not to do lol x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *og-ManMan
16 weeks ago

somewhere

A trip to a cinema....you dont have to talk

Now that its summer....a walk on a beach

Lunch with a visit to an Art Gallery or Museum

By *rish_GuyMan
16 weeks ago

Foxford

"Why do they feel like interviews? Mostly meet people at events, but would like to venture outside my comfort zone. What are some ideas to do or things to chat about on a social meet? What not to do lol x "

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread & try to take some notes down meself.

By *ollingwood69Man
16 weeks ago

Cork

"Why do they feel like interviews? Mostly meet people at events, but would like to venture outside my comfort zone. What are some ideas to do or things to chat about on a social meet? What not to do lol x "
I actually think the more you plan it the more it's destined to be awkward...I would agree they can be very interview ISH ..I think the most comfortable I've felt was sitting in a car with two take away coffees looking at the ocean...maybe the less formal the venue the better??

By *heekygent50Man
16 weeks ago

Meath

You should be able to general chit chat and take it from there a walk out somewhere

By *chochamberWoman
16 weeks ago

Limerick

Woodies is handy, five minute meet and greet over the plants.

By *eart-shaped-foxMan
16 weeks ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipp

"Woodies is handy, five minute meet and greet over the plants. "

Meet at Woodies, leave with woodies

By (user no longer on site)
16 weeks ago

That's a new one on me, I must try that... Woodies, Blackpool...

By *eart-shaped-foxMan
16 weeks ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipp

"Woodies is handy, five minute meet and greet over the plants.

Meet at Woodies, leave with woodies"

This is actually genius, every time I go in there I wander around talking to myself, I might as well have someone sane with me

By *ady ChatterleyWoman
16 weeks ago

Athlone

Last 3 coffee meets that were planned were cancelled. Not by myself so I think I give up on the one on one socials.

By *carlett! OP   Woman
16 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 05/06/24 00:18:04]

By *carlett! OP   Woman
16 weeks ago

Some great suggestions so far. Thank you

By *carlett! OP   Woman
16 weeks ago

"Last 3 coffee meets that were planned were cancelled. Not by myself so I think I give up on the one on one socials."

I'm starting to realize the mental effort it takes arranging them that sucks, though it's their loss 3

By *ady ChatterleyWoman
16 weeks ago

Athlone

"Last 3 coffee meets that were planned were cancelled. Not by myself so I think I give up on the one on one socials.

I'm starting to realize the mental effort it takes arranging them that sucks, though it's their loss 3 "

I love a good chat but it's just become exhausting. So I'm just going to lay low and sit and watch the world go by.

By *allying555Man
16 weeks ago

Galway .Limerick

Sorry to hear that. Their Loss

By *ind PaddyMan
16 weeks ago

South County Dublin

Well Scarlett, if you and I met for a social we would have plenty to chat about.

By *eard and BoobsCouple
16 weeks ago

Portstewart

We usually talk about anything and everything until the other party is calmed enough to start asking questions about the site and ourselves and usually it ends up quite informative for all

16 weeks ago

1 on 1 are interviews! I tried doing them and have quit! 1 out of 5 will show up! That's girl meeting a girl in a coffee shop, in an area covered in garda monitored CCTV cameras. I'd venture you meeting a guy 1 to 1 will have less no shows but still would be 50/50. So the reality is the best meets for these would be you doing your normal things, like shopping any kind, walk the dog (if you got one) walk in public park, beach is a hit & miss for security reasons. And they wouldn't show up anyways, cinema works, no show go anyway to a film you wanted to see anyways! But I wouldn't be going out of your way in any way shape or form. Forget the nails, hair, tan, make-up. Luckily when I was let down I had himself to take me off out to cheer me up.

16 weeks ago

"A trip to a cinema....you dont have to talk

Now that its summer....a walk on a beach

Lunch with a visit to an Art Gallery or Museum "

Yes to 2 but not the beach, they wouldn't show up! But on that theme, country fairs, would work, always lots on every weekend. Public but everyone else is busy doing their own thing.

16 weeks ago

"Why do they feel like interviews? Mostly meet people at events, but would like to venture outside my comfort zone. What are some ideas to do or things to chat about on a social meet? What not to do lol x I actually think the more you plan it the more it's destined to be awkward...I would agree they can be very interview ISH ..I think the most comfortable I've felt was sitting in a car with two take away coffees looking at the ocean...maybe the less formal the venue the better??"

Agreed I wouldn't be spending too much money or effort! Simpler the better, and conversation never seems to be an issue once they show up! The great thing about a mass social is the people are in the room, pub etc now that's 95% of the battle over, just go talk to them. If it's a fail you have 100 more to try.

16 weeks ago

Or larger garden centres! Some have coffee shops in them! So even if they don't show up, you went to buy some bits for the garden, have a coffee then home no harm done, or they show up and you had a social, but regardless it's not wasted time. Something none of us can afford to waste.

By *eroLondonMan
16 weeks ago

Mayfair

Not all are like interviews. Some are practical tests and others are 'run the gauntlet' type sessions.

There are a few others too...but I cannot say within the hallowed wood-panelled walls of this thread.

16 weeks ago

"Last 3 coffee meets that were planned were cancelled. Not by myself so I think I give up on the one on one socials."

Was it, F F or F M or F couple that no showed?

I tried and tried, I've quit them now, planned out a calender of large socials and go 100% this route, 1 to 1 are worthless and depressing.

By *ogday2181Man
16 weeks ago

Dublin

I've only done one and I had a ball.

Travelled for it so I treated it like a little weekend break.

Made a good friend out of it.

My advise is to treat it like your doing something for yourself.

In this case we had talked a little while before so was like going to meet someone I knew already.

By *ady ChatterleyWoman
16 weeks ago

Athlone

"Last 3 coffee meets that were planned were cancelled. Not by myself so I think I give up on the one on one socials.

I tried and tried, I've quit them now, planned out a calender of large socials and go 100% this route, 1 to 1 are worthless and depressing. "

All males. Sometimes I may just have a free couple of hours and I'll put it up. So I'm at the stage no second chances. And not really going to bother looking for them.anymore. Socials are the only way to go.

By *adger BrocMan
16 weeks ago

Co. Cork

Join one of the walking groups on here. Discreet group meet with opportunity to chat 1 on 1 in a relaxed safe setting.

By *rutus321Man
16 weeks ago

Offaly

Go with no expectations, be yourself and chat away,what's to lose

16 weeks ago

I tried and tried, I've quit them now, planned out a calender of large socials and go 100% this route, 1 to 1 are worthless and depressing.

All males. Sometimes I may just have a free couple of hours and I'll put it up. So I'm at the stage no second chances. And not really going to bother looking for them.anymore. Socials are the only way to go."

I had a nosey through your profile sorry! And just have to laugh at guys going on about girls never meeting or no girls want to meet up! Your sexy and stunning and still they hadn't the balls to show up x 3. I'm 100% in the same frame of mind myself. 1 to 1 is not worth my time or effort. Why would you give anyone a second chance. It's the height of disrespect, love yourself enough to know they had their shot and blew it.

A. XX

By *electableicecreamMan
16 weeks ago

The West

I enjoy one to one socials. I usually prefer to go for a stroll somewhere nice. Walking and talking is often less awkward than sitting across a table in maybe not the most atmospheric venue at some half way point.

These days I find myself having more coffee meets and walks with local people through apps rather than fab as fab is so spread out and I feel like if I'm gonna drive 50-100km then that time and money is better spent on a group social event.

By *chochamberWoman
16 weeks ago

Limerick

This is actually genius, every time I go in there I wander around talking to myself, I might as well have someone sane with me "

No one would ever suspect anything untoward was happening, while lingering over the compost or the toolshed.

By *electableicecreamMan
16 weeks ago

The West

This is actually genius, every time I go in there I wander around talking to myself, I might as well have someone sane with me

No one would ever suspect anything untoward was happening, while lingering over the compost or the toolshed. "

Meet me at the succulents

By *chochamberWoman
16 weeks ago

Limerick

"I enjoy one to one socials. I usually prefer to go for a stroll somewhere nice. Walking and talking is often less awkward than sitting across a table in maybe not the most atmospheric venue at some half way point.

These days I find myself having more coffee meets and walks with local people through apps rather than fab as fab is so spread out and I feel like if I'm gonna drive 50-100km then that time and money is better spent on a group social event."

You need to do passing thru socials, on your way to/from a destination. Break up the journey.

By *wirl02Man
16 weeks ago

Dublin 12

Lol there is definitely an interview aspect but that's part of the fun. better to be asking questions then staring at each other. I'd happily meet for a coffee any day, doesn't have any expectation attached to it and at the end you have either had a fun chat or a coffee, so win win!

By *urby93Man
16 weeks ago

tipperary

The only problem with woodies is that I'll get distracted by tools and then possibly distracted by my own tool...

By *WEETESTSTRAWBERRYFOR1Woman
16 weeks ago

Clare

Think a simple coffee or cold drink for those that don't drink hot drinks and let the conversation flow naturally. Treat it as a catch up. No expectations afterwards

By *ohnsmithMan
16 weeks ago

South Tipperary

With sweetstrawberries ....

Or just sit and have a cone some chat...

By *ogladyWoman
16 weeks ago

The bog

My last two weren't that great ..first one decided to tell me he was married the morning of the meet and wanted to meet somewhere else that what was planned so he wouldn't been seen..the second one rushed off to meet someone else which I only discovered when he didn't show my veri btw ha e no problem with bit half an hour later showed a Veri from the second person he meet that same day...so tbh I think I'll stick to just the socials as well too many cowboy's lately for my liking..

By *eductively_SweetWoman
16 weeks ago

wexford Dublin

I've always enjoyed the one to one socials never had any real issues. Chat always flowed and not like an interview atal. I just don't do them at the moment just because I didn't have the time to commit to them.

By *oshSardineMan
16 weeks ago

Castleknock

I’m a very happy go lucky fella, confident and well able to chat to anyone. However, I do get nervous before a meet, afterwards, you can’t shut me up but I’d love to go to a social where’s there’s loads of people but I get nervous, a bit embarrassed and I hate walking into a room full of people that I don’t know or have never met before on my own. Same in real life. It’s just that initial experience of walking in and not knowing anyone. Yes I know you mingle about and get chatting but it’s just that initial feeling that always puts me off. I don’t want to get dolled up and stick out like a spare prick. It’s just, for me, puts me off having to go through that nervousness. And before anyone says everyone went through that, a lot of folk have meet up previously or are in chat groups before. I did go with a lady when I was previously here and every man and couple made a beeline for her and I was just left out of the conversations and went home about an hour later.

It’s not a poor me, poor me but I hope people see the other side of large group settings too.

By *yesgreenMan
16 weeks ago

north and south

"I’m a very happy go lucky fella, confident and well able to chat to anyone. However, I do get nervous before a meet, afterwards, you can’t shut me up but I’d love to go to a social where’s there’s loads of people but I get nervous, a bit embarrassed and I hate walking into a room full of people that I don’t know or have never met before on my own. Same in real life. It’s just that initial experience of walking in and not knowing anyone. Yes I know you mingle about and get chatting but it’s just that initial feeling that always puts me off. I don’t want to get dolled up and stick out like a spare prick. It’s just, for me, puts me off having to go through that nervousness. And before anyone says everyone went through that, a lot of folk have meet up previously or are in chat groups before. I did go with a lady when I was previously here and every man and couple made a beeline for her and I was just left out of the conversations and went home about an hour later.

It’s not a poor me, poor me but I hope people see the other side of large group settings too. "

With 657 verification ! I think you’re doing something right on here , I look forward to reading your book on the subject enjoy

16 weeks ago

"My last two weren't that great ..first one decided to tell me he was married the morning of the meet and wanted to meet somewhere else that what was planned so he wouldn't been seen..the second one rushed off to meet someone else which I only discovered when he didn't show my veri btw ha e no problem with bit half an hour later showed a Veri from the second person he meet that same day...so tbh I think I'll stick to just the socials as well too many cowboy's lately for my liking.."

Go with the Indians then !

Everyone has their own agenda! Definitely a large social evens up the playing field and you have choices and people move in and out! So it may be quiet now but at least you walk out with something from the occasion, even if it's just a few verifications. But next time you walk in it will hopefully get a little less nerve wracking and you still enjoy a night out.

By *heekygent50Man
16 weeks ago

Meath

"My last two weren't that great ..first one decided to tell me he was married the morning of the meet and wanted to meet somewhere else that what was planned so he wouldn't been seen..the second one rushed off to meet someone else which I only discovered when he didn't show my veri btw ha e no problem with bit half an hour later showed a Veri from the second person he meet that same day...so tbh I think I'll stick to just the socials as well too many cowboy's lately for my liking..

Go with the Indians then !

Everyone has their own agenda! Definitely a large social evens up the playing field and you have choices and people move in and out! So it may be quiet now but at least you walk out with something from the occasion, even if it's just a few verifications. But next time you walk in it will hopefully get a little less nerve wracking and you still enjoy a night out. "

You should write a booklet on the does and don'ts

By *oshSardineMan
16 weeks ago

Castleknock

"I’m a very happy go lucky fella, confident and well able to chat to anyone. However, I do get nervous before a meet, afterwards, you can’t shut me up but I’d love to go to a social where’s there’s loads of people but I get nervous, a bit embarrassed and I hate walking into a room full of people that I don’t know or have never met before on my own. Same in real life. It’s just that initial experience of walking in and not knowing anyone. Yes I know you mingle about and get chatting but it’s just that initial feeling that always puts me off. I don’t want to get dolled up and stick out like a spare prick. It’s just, for me, puts me off having to go through that nervousness. And before anyone says everyone went through that, a lot of folk have meet up previously or are in chat groups before. I did go with a lady when I was previously here and every man and couple made a beeline for her and I was just left out of the conversations and went home about an hour later.

It’s not a poor me, poor me but I hope people see the other side of large group settings too. With 657 verification ! I think you’re doing something right on here , I look forward to reading your book on the subject enjoy "

I think you’re mixing me up with some else. I don’t have 657 verifications. I’m actually in single digits

By *itlbeeCouple
16 weeks ago

Ireland

They kind of are interviews. We try to keep this community safe for each other, so we can be free to be out full sexual selves.

We all rely on other people's verifications to out unsavoury characters.

If I was verifying men I don't know, I would totally lean into the job interview aspect! Id want to make sure only good eggs are showing up at play parties and such.

By *carlett! OP   Woman
16 weeks ago

"With 657 verification ! I think you’re doing something right on here , I look forward to reading your book on the subject enjoy "

Majority of my verifications are from social events, and some are from play parties. I'd say I've done less than 10 one on one social meets during my 3 years on here. Would like to experience them a little more to see how I feel about doing them, hence my reasoning for this forum post. Get some tips on how best to approach things.

By *og-ManMan
16 weeks ago

somewhere

PoshSardine....dont let the bad experience put you off

If you decide to go again then join the chat group to get to know names and it's always handy to have abuddy that can walk in with you and set up a base in there that you can move around from

By *carlett! OP   Woman
16 weeks ago

It’s not a poor me, poor me but I hope people see the other side of large group settings too. "

I am with you on the nervousness prior to a one on one social meet. I am a confident woman generally, but just overthink things when it's one on one situation. Lots of people get nervous before social events for the valid reasons you outlined. I prefer events though, if you're not feeling it with someone you can excuse yourself a little easier than a one on one meet situation. Plus events feel more relaxed to me. I can understand it isn't the same for everyone though.

By *ethmeonfireMan
16 weeks ago

Dublin

To be fair I have only had a few one on one socials. Simply, a lot of people are not interested in it and in the past I have had a good few couples arrange and then block.

I wouldn’t be nervous at all. I would just be cautious that is it what people look for?

I have tried arranging a few and have only been disappointed.

By *aseylee324Couple
16 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

"They kind of are interviews. We try to keep this community safe for each other, so we can be free to be out full sexual selves.

We all rely on other people's verifications to out unsavoury characters.

If I was verifying men I don't know, I would totally lean into the job interview aspect! Id want to make sure only good eggs are showing up at play parties and such.

"

Impossible to judge whether someone is a serial killer from a coffee meet. I take zero responsibility for the safety of others here, a verification we give only reflects how the person presented at coffee, and that they turned up and appeared as described in their profile.

By *ealitybitesMan
16 weeks ago

Belfast

The vast majority of my meets have been one to one socials.

All but one of them were very relaxed conversations where I didn't feel I was being grilled or interviewed but then again these were all people I had been chatting to for weeks or months and in a couple of cases years before we agreed to meet.

It's still my preferred way to meet.

16 weeks ago

Your in Dublin! You have the zoo, olympia, i opened up event write and their is a singles BBQ sat, west coast cooler brunch, token straight- queer comedy night, a techno rave on sat, merge dance event Sunday at the button factory

16 weeks ago

Just open event write! It's got 21 pages of things in Dublin this weekend alone!

By *aseylee324Couple
16 weeks ago

Personally I prefer one on one social meets, the other person is far more exposed sitting across a table from you (in the figurative sense!) than at a milling event where there are lots of distractions. Also I'm an introvert and abhor large social gatherings anyway unless they're to attend some kind of performance.

My view is that none of us are kids here and anyone should be able to hold their own in a one-on-one conversation.

By *electableicecreamMan
16 weeks ago

The West

"PoshSardine....dont let the bad experience put you off

If you decide to go again then join the chat group to get to know names and it's always handy to have abuddy that can walk in with you and set up a base in there that you can move around from "

I second this. The chat group before hand can really be the key when your attending alone.

By *rish_GuyMan
16 weeks ago

Foxford

"PoshSardine....dont let the bad experience put you off

If you decide to go again then join the chat group to get to know names and it's always handy to have abuddy that can walk in with you and set up a base in there that you can move around from

I second this. The chat group before hand can really be the key when your attending alone. "

I'd third this.

By *aystar1101Man
16 weeks ago

clare

wishing I was closer to you as definitely would not turn down the chance of meeting you xxxxx John

By *ustBoWoman
16 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I've never had a one on one social that felt like an interview. If I did I would probably just cut is short and leave.

When I am meeting I prefer one to one meets rather than big socials. I've been to a few and while they most were fine they just don't really do it for me. I'm pretty introverted and actually dread the thought on the day of going to them and I never feel confident enough to go around chatting to people when I am there .I would find it very hard to approach a table full of strangers and try and chat. I have found most of the ones I have been too have been set up in a way that it is very hard to start chats and yes I'm going to sound old but having to shout to be heard is another off putting thing for me at them.

All in all I have definitely enjoyed one to one social meets more rather than the big mngs.

By *icsJourneyWoman
16 weeks ago

Northern Ireland

I prefer a coffee and I go with zero expectations. I don't feel naturally attracted to that many people (Im Demi), but I love meeting new people. So if I feel that spark great and if I don't great too. A natter is still fun.

I wouldn't drive major miles for a meet. I may arrange one if I'm travelling anyway. But I prefer to meet people who are 20 mins or less from me.

By *carlett! OP   Woman
16 weeks ago

"Just open event write! It's got 21 pages of things in Dublin this weekend alone! "

You're so good. Will check it out

By *carlett! OP   Woman
16 weeks ago

"I've never had a one on one social that felt like an interview. If I did I would probably just cut is short and leave.

"

I am the one doing the "interviewing" at one on one meets. Just asking lots of questions :| I was trying to figure out if that's the way it's done usually or what other ways is there to approach it. I don't mind people asking me questions. I'd waffle away for ages lol I guess I was trying to see if I'm doing it right or not lol before I arrange some meets. Probably overthinking it lol

By *eductively_SweetWoman
16 weeks ago

wexford Dublin

Just be your fun sexy self scarlett that way your doing one to one's correctly by just been you xx

By *hivers2020Woman
16 weeks ago

lolli land

You could always try a quick video call with them first to wipe away any nerves? It’s less daunting and safer too

By *ubadubdubWoman
16 weeks ago

Hereabouts

"You could always try a quick video call with them first to wipe away any nerves? It’s less daunting and safer too "

That's a good idea.

Video calls dont suit me, I prefer to meet someone in person, usually outdoors for a walk or takeaway tea. I find that generally a relaxed way to say hello and check the vibes and attraction levels.

Don't overthink it, I treat it like meeting a possible new friend. it's not like a date where there might be some commitment expected lol!

By *eroLondonMan
16 weeks ago

Mayfair

Casting aside my previous lighthearted remark, higher up this thread...

Most of my socials have been a one-to-one rendezvous. They are socials devoid of any agenda or preconceived expectations.

It's dependent of the type of person I'm meeting - either shy, reserved, bombastic, cautious etc - and the type of conversations we've had - salacious , suggestive, reserved, keen, eager to meet etc - which therefore drives the type of meet: quick coffee or a drink, afternoon tea, visit to an art gallery or museum or a luncheon etc. A coffee meet usually suffices if both people are talkative and engaging but I also like the cultural stuff because they will sometimes inspire and drive the conversation: art galleries are great for opening up conversations but also brilliant when it comes to comfortable silences.

By *ustBoWoman
16 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"I've never had a one on one social that felt like an interview. If I did I would probably just cut is short and leave.

I am the one doing the "interviewing" at one on one meets. Just asking lots of questions :| I was trying to figure out if that's the way it's done usually or what other ways is there to approach it. I don't mind people asking me questions. I'd waffle away for ages lol I guess I was trying to see if I'm doing it right or not lol before I arrange some meets. Probably overthinking it lol "

Ah right

I just see them as a chat to be fair I usually have chatted to someone on here for a while before I meet so I'm fairly comfortable that they are who they say before we meet .

The only time I didn't and met someone after only chatting for a day it was my worst ever social and I wish I had maybe done more of an interview with him because I would have run away as fast as I could if I had known his agenda and his opinion of the women who are on fab.

By *ingerNNutsCouple
16 weeks ago

dublin

I think the bigger the group the less “interview” style it can get. Although some people I just don’t vibe with at all so the conversation doesn’t flow and it does end up being interview style

It’s also handier in a bigger group as if I involuntarily zone out momentarily it’s mostly not noticed lol - Mrs

By *oxyvixen99Woman
16 weeks ago

Newtownabbey

I like a social meet. I always tell the other person that it's not anything to stress about, it's just 2 adults meeting for a drink and a chat with expectationsor pressure. I always try and make sure the other person is relaxed and end up chatting about everything and anything.

By *carlett! OP   Woman
16 weeks ago

"I think the bigger the group the less “interview” style it can get. Although some people I just don’t vibe with at all so the conversation doesn’t flow and it does end up being interview style

It’s also handier in a bigger group as if I involuntarily zone out momentarily it’s mostly not noticed lol - Mrs"

Agree with less interview style in group setting. Would like to transfer that over to one on one meets.

By *ub23Man
16 weeks ago

wandering

Most other apps are all one on one meets at the start! Can be anything from a walk to just meeting up for a chat in each other's car or just calling around to there plave!

By *udding RoseWoman
16 weeks ago

Somewhere out there

A lunch meet, that way you can talk about the food, what you're going to order!! You can ask each other what they're ordering etc!!

By *ittleBoPeepingWoman
16 weeks ago

Galway, Clare

1-1 socials don't phase me at all, never have.

Big group socials are my stumbling block though- my nerves overtake me and I honestly don't know why. Last social I was practically frozen with nerves and I wouldn't mind but I'd been looking forward to it. I was so cross with myself after I'd left.

Won't stop me going to another one though because next time it can only be better

By *exyScientistsCouple
16 weeks ago

Castlebar

I've had lots of chats over coffee. I hope they don't feel like interviews. They didn't to me! Just a chat about stuff...any stuff!

By *eeking_sensuality77Woman
16 weeks ago

Athlone

I've only done one social, the rest were one on one meets. The thoughts of going solo to a social is what would probably send me over the edge. The mere thoughts of it is anxiety inducing!

By *iscuits8Man
16 weeks ago

Meath / Dublin / Birmingham

I've not done any social events, nor do I intend to. A few one to one social meetups though and the whole 'interview' type thing has honestly never crossed my mind.

It's always just a very, very easy going thing - meet up at a cafe/hotel/station somewhere - grab a table or sit in/at the cars depending on the preference and just shoot the breeze, have a laugh. I go with absolutely zero expectation of anything further. And no interrogating or tough questions, jaysus! I can honestly say I've never had a bad social meetup.

Follow up with a message later on. If there's a follow up, great, if not well I got a road trip, had a good chat and a laugh over a cuppa. Simples.

By *affa31Woman
16 weeks ago

Galway

If a coffee meet felt like an interview I’d be outta there!

My preference is a walk or a chat sitting in the car so that you can chat freely without wondering who’s listening. And usually at a beach cause at the very least there’ll be dogs for me to see

By *razySexyCoolCorkWoman
16 weeks ago

Cork

I love coffee meets. Just chatting away and getting to know the other person. They never feel strange to me but I can understand how they may be daunting to someone a little shy.

By *leasurevilleMan
16 weeks ago

kilkenny

I like the chats too

I can't believe so many girls and couples get stood up though!

By *j69funCouple
16 weeks ago

kildare

We were arranging a social meet lately and ikea was mentioned as a midway point so we said for the laugh yea sure why not. It actually was great craic walking around looking at everything while chatting away.

By *adforsexMan
16 weeks ago

Santry

walks on beach. Bowling suppose be fun lol few drinks somewhere to losen the mood

By *og-ManMan
16 weeks ago

somewhere

"We were arranging a social meet lately and ikea was mentioned as a midway point so we said for the laugh yea sure why not. It actually was great craic walking around looking at everything while chatting away. "

And if ya didn't like them you could take one of the hidden short cuts out

16 weeks ago

They are not hidden, you walk straight through! They have a map showing you how to get through the building fast! And are always in the corner.

By *enitMan
16 weeks ago

Galway

It's stupid behaviour like that which makes everything more difficult for everyone else.

I would definitely not be not turning up for a coffee with you!

16 weeks ago

Had to read that a few times! But we all get told the same, for sure I'll turn up! Then they don't and you feel like an idiot and how long do you wait! I don't do 2nd chances anymore! Lucky to do the first chance now!

By *sbotangoMan
16 weeks ago

Close by

Luv a coffee social and open for one anytime. Just Message me lol. However the amount of no show’s really does knock ur confidence and trust in anyone on fab. Baffles me what anyone gets out of organising a meet then doesn’t show up and the completely ghosts you. Ruins it for everyone

By *aughtyKildareMan
16 weeks ago

tullamore

I always prefer a coffee meet myself , depending on how it’s going you can stay in public or go for a walk and chat more privately . Even just sit in the car chatting away works sometimes.

You get to see the person or couple and if there is chemistry between you and a lot of the time you will know after a short while if you would like it to go any further or not.

Anyone for coffee…

By *aseylee324Couple
16 weeks ago

Maybe it's just me but I would never get into a car with a stranger

By *asino4Man
16 weeks ago

galway

i red this "woodies in hand" and thought "right where are this plants?" teacher was right "needs to read things twice"

By *oserMan
16 weeks ago

where the wild roses grow

I like having social meets that are not solely based at a cafe.

Picnics

Museums

Galleries

Tours

Walks

Gigs

Some sort of activity can be fun.

Had a visit to a sauna that was hot in more ways than one

By *og-ManMan
16 weeks ago

somewhere

"I like having social meets that are not solely based at a cafe.

Picnics

Museums

Galleries

Tours

Walks

Gigs

Had a visit to a sauna that was hot in more ways than one "

Jaysus I'll meet ya myself

By *oserMan
16 weeks ago

where the wild roses grow

"I like having social meets that are not solely based at a cafe.

Picnics

Museums

Galleries

Tours

Walks

Gigs

Had a visit to a sauna that was hot in more ways than one

Jaysus I'll meet ya myself "

Whenever the 2 of you are ready

By *addyseeds.ieMan
16 weeks ago

Dublin

In a way one on one social meet and interview share a similar purpose: you want to know/get the best idea on who the other person is.

Personally I never had the “interview” feeling when meet somebody socially.

By *aseylee324Couple
16 weeks ago

"In a way one on one social meet and interview share a similar purpose: you want to know/get the best idea on who the other person is.

Personally I never had the “interview” feeling when meet somebody socially."

Not even when they asked you to describe your strengths and weaknesses?

By *electableicecreamMan
16 weeks ago

The West

"In a way one on one social meet and interview share a similar purpose: you want to know/get the best idea on who the other person is.

Not even when they asked you to describe your strengths and weaknesses?"

I'd say my biggest weakness is that I just care too much, you know?

By *udding RoseWoman
16 weeks ago

Somewhere out there

I love the organised night time socials, haven't been to the afternoon coffee socials yet!!

I also go to one on one meets, some have been great, very unexpected, it's lovely when that happens, you go home on a high then!!

By *addyseeds.ieMan
16 weeks ago

Dublin

Not even when they asked you to describe your strengths and weaknesses?"

Luckily never got that question in a social meeting.

By *aseylee324Couple
16 weeks ago

Not even when they asked you to describe your strengths and weaknesses?

I'd say my biggest weakness is that I just care too much, you know? "

Can't say I do

16 weeks ago

Absolutely love meeting 1 to 1gettibg to know that person a little more see if there's a spark etc

I alway show if I arrange but yeah can't be very tough for the ladies for sure and then soon as someone dosent show kinda makes it harder for the genuine guy

By *carlett! OP   Woman
16 weeks ago

"Absolutely love meeting 1 to 1gettibg to know that person a little more see if there's a spark etc

I alway show if I arrange but yeah can't be very tough for the ladies for sure and then soon as someone dosent show kinda makes it harder for the genuine guy"

The decent guys on here find it harder with the time wasters for sure

By *ildmovementMan
16 weeks ago

Dublin

May be I have been lucky, but all my 1 on 1 meets have been great, really chatty and fun and led to other things at a later date.

The no shows do kill the scene for everyone else. But the only one I had to cancel was when my son ended up in hospital and that was a second 1on 1 with someone I had already had met for a coffee.

By *sopon86Man
16 weeks ago

louth dublin

Exactly,there is always arseholes that ruin it for the rest ..i dont even bother doing coffee meets now,either its no shows or they ghost you after initially planning somthing,,but one thing i have learned here is,if a lad does a no show and doesnt have the manners to to say in advance that he cant meet his reputation is damaged ,but somtimes if a lady does that it is swept under the carpet and no damage to her reputation.which isnt fair.

By *addy0Man
16 weeks ago

carlow town

One on one socials are great if both turn up lol

Coffess are cool, but can be daunting for some people especially if on the quiet side..

Always found bowling great, breaks the ice,lets both people have a laugh and of course ye can both laugh at each others shoes

By *electableicecreamMan
16 weeks ago

The West

"Absolutely love meeting 1 to 1gettibg to know that person a little more see if there's a spark etc

I alway show if I arrange but yeah can't be very tough for the ladies for sure and then soon as someone dosent show kinda makes it harder for the genuine guy

The decent guys on here find it harder with the time wasters for sure "

I dunno I figure the time wasters and tyre kickers make the rest of us guys look shiney in comparison.

That's the thing about a low bar. It takes a lot less effort to clear it.

By *yesgreenMan
15 weeks ago

north and south

The decent guys on here find it harder with the time wasters for sure

I dunno I figure the time wasters and tyre kickers make the rest of us guys look shiney in comparison.

That's the thing about a low bar. It takes a lot less effort to clear it.

"

Am the Opposite I get nervous in group meetings , Am chilled one on one , So if you factor carrot cake in and an Americano my treat Scarlett I will put you at ease ?

By *ubguy777Man
15 weeks ago

Take away coffee, walk along a beach, in a park, suggest sitting down for a bite to eat if all going well,...

By *oc09Man
15 weeks ago

near u

My last social was at a arcade place in bettystown and it was actually great crack getting to no each other while playing games and bit of flirty banter it was just so easy cool time

By *erox81Man
15 weeks ago

Maynooth, Lucan, Dublin

I absolutely agree with you Scarlett. Those one on one social meets they are like interviews somehow... I gave them up. Grab and go coffee works for me the best last time. Isn't it one of this oldstylish things when a man invited a woman for a walk in the park on Sunday afternoon hahahaha Anyway, coffee and a walk can give you lots of opportunities for good conversation.

By *ighlibidoCouple
15 weeks ago

Cheshire

Any variation of meet for a drink somewhere is a good start.

Post new Message to Thread