Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

No single guys!!??

Jump to newest

By *r-Ed OP   Man
19 weeks ago

Dublin

Hey there new fabber here, just wondering what is all the negativity towards single guys in couples/women's profiles on here

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
19 weeks ago

Women just get bombarded by single males even if their profile says they're looking for couples and women or whatever.

By *empoproMan
19 weeks ago

Blarney

It’s probably not negativity.

It’s maybe just preference.

Same as you have in the first line of your preferences “Not looking for single males”

By *iscuits8Man
19 weeks ago

Meath / Dublin / Birmingham

Because no matter how much or how strictly women on here state on a profile they're not looking for them, a sizeable amount will still just ignore it and shoot their shot anyway... so it's totally understandable.

By *eordie.Woman
19 weeks ago

The Sticks

"Hey there new fabber here, just wondering what is all the negativity towards single guys in couples/women's profiles on here "

You have them blocked from mailing yourself, so I'm guessing you've already had a dose of unwanted mail

By *eeking_sensuality77Woman
19 weeks ago

Athlone

If only I could get a few genuinely single guys to message me that would be great!!

I'm at the stage where I'm considering deleting my account because of the amount of married/attached liars messaging me.

By *electableicecreamMan
19 weeks ago

The West

It's probably because of those stereotypical males you mention on your profile.

By *eard and BoobsCouple
19 weeks ago

Portstewart

"Hey there new fabber here, just wondering what is all the negativity towards single guys in couples/women's profiles on here "

It's probably for personal reasons or preference or there's also the lies that they tell to try and get meets

By *r-Ed OP   Man
19 weeks ago

Dublin

Haha

By *rishmanabroadMan
19 weeks ago

Dublin/Belfast

Single males overwhelm the system, as everyone is highlighting… it’s the biggest part of the learning curve of joining here as a single male. I’ve seen the volume of messages females receive, it’s phenomenal. No doubt the same for couples. Because of this, a new single male profile has little currency/value, even if it’s well presented/crafted. Recognising these allows you to address it and develop your strategies to stand out and have the impact you want. Best of luck.

By *r-Ed OP   Man
19 weeks ago

Dublin

Yes absolutely I can see it's a cock fest...

By *exyScientistsCouple
19 weeks ago

Castlebar

None in ours

Met lots of lovely guys

By *oeyd555Man
19 weeks ago

Londonderry

Messages incoming

By *r-Ed OP   Man
19 weeks ago

Dublin

You reckon I'm gonna be inundated now

By *oe Cool xxxMan
19 weeks ago

South Dublin

Down with that sort of thing!

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple
19 weeks ago

kinda dublin

Eh, you're not looking to meet single guys either :/

19 weeks ago

"Down with that sort of thing!"

Careful now

By *cuk4funCouple
19 weeks ago

city centre

Well done , you probably got lots of views to your profile ...no such thing as bad publicity eh

By *r-Ed OP   Man
19 weeks ago

Dublin

Is that not different, I guess not....

By *ourBoiiMan
19 weeks ago

Dublin

Don't know about the ladies but for some reason I also get single guys messaging me, have it no where in my profile I am looking for one either

19 weeks ago

"Don't know about the ladies but for some reason I also get single guys messaging me, have it no where in my profile I am looking for one either "

I have filters set up for messages, but still keep getting fabs!

By *ourBoiiMan
19 weeks ago

Dublin

"Don't know about the ladies but for some reason I also get single guys messaging me, have it no where in my profile I am looking for one either

I have filters set up for messages, but still keep getting fabs! "

Where there is a will there is a way, I almost respect their hustle

By *og-ManMan
19 weeks ago

somewhere

"Don't know about the ladies but for some reason I also get single guys messaging me, have it no where in my profile I am looking for one either

I have filters set up for messages, but still keep getting fabs! "

You can turn off the option to have your photo's fabbed

By *atman catwomenCouple
19 weeks ago

STRABANE

Think what’s happens single women can get bombard with messages etc , or couples have preferences to play as 4 some for equal fun ,

By *eard and BoobsCouple
19 weeks ago

Portstewart

The thing with single males that annoys us is that they always only direct the message towards boobs and with our account being equal between boobs and myself by ignoring me it sets her no chance mood so usually they get blocked especially if there vulgar with there message

By *r-Ed OP   Man
19 weeks ago

Dublin

Ha

By *r-Ed OP   Man
19 weeks ago

Dublin

Well I can guarantee I'm never vulgar or offensive in my messages, I'm exactly as described in profile. Maybe that's going against me...

By *ingpot!Man
19 weeks ago

West Cork

"Well I can guarantee I'm never vulgar or offensive in my messages, I'm exactly as described in profile. Maybe that's going against me..."

They all say that

Seriously OP, plenty of people don't give single guys grief here. I'd personally change some things about your profile but overall you're already a standout. Just difficult with the numbers game stacked against you

By *ofusplusCouple
19 weeks ago

Limerick

"Well I can guarantee I'm never vulgar or offensive in my messages, I'm exactly as described in profile. Maybe that's going against me..."

Both doors and legs open for guys who are sound, look after themselves, are patient and attend lots of events. Don't lose heart

By *eard and BoobsCouple
19 weeks ago

Portstewart

Op there is one part of your profile that is like alot of other single male profiles and that's in your case you only accommodate when you are OK hols which would lead us to presume that you have a hidden reason why you wouldn't accommodate at home and that's because you have a wife or partner at home who knows nothing of your adventures

By *r-Ed OP   Man
19 weeks ago

Dublin

"Op there is one part of your profile that is like alot of other single male profiles and that's in your case you only accommodate when you are OK hols which would lead us to presume that you have a hidden reason why you wouldn't accommodate at home and that's because you have a wife or partner at home who knows nothing of your adventures "

I'm deffo single, separated nearly a year just can't yet accommodate unfortunately but it will change soon hopefully

By *r-Ed OP   Man
19 weeks ago

Dublin

Anyway I'm going to the Sunday social in Dublin this week so will get the opportunity to meet people!

By *electableicecreamMan
19 weeks ago

The West

It's a bit of a thing on fab unfortunately. If a man can't accommodate the assumption is that he's attached.

You might have kids, you might be sharing or you might just not want to but it is what it is.

And your under no obligation to explain but some folk expect that too.

By *s LollyWoman
19 weeks ago

The pub then supermacs ...

"It's a bit of a thing on fab unfortunately. If a man can't accommodate the assumption is that he's attached.

You might have kids, you might be sharing or you might just not want to but it is what it is.

And your under no obligation to explain but some folk expect that too."

Was just about to say the exact same thing, i never have anyone to my home it's my private space i never feel i had to justify why i don't and wont so shouldn't the OP or anyone for that matter

By *ofusplusCouple
19 weeks ago

Limerick

"It's a bit of a thing on fab unfortunately. If a man can't accommodate the assumption is that he's attached.

And your under no obligation to explain but some folk expect that too.

Was just about to say the exact same thing, i never have anyone to my home it's my private space i never feel i had to justify why i don't and wont so shouldn't the OP or anyone for that matter "

I agree, it's never something we would question

By *heHookyMonsterMan
12 weeks ago

Liverpool

"The thing with single males that annoys us is that they always only direct the message towards boobs and with our account being equal between boobs and myself by ignoring me it sets her no chance mood so usually they get blocked especially if there vulgar with there message "

This is really common in clubs too!

By *lowloadandgocoupleCouple
12 weeks ago

ferrybank

Most single men don't understand that wemon or couples are not always in the mood 24/7, like a message we got this morning, the guy said tell her ill meet her at 10 my place or hers, nothing else, instantly blocked like half the men already blocked from similar messages.

Be nice respectful and be what people are looking for, if not don't bother.

By *heHookyMonsterMan
12 weeks ago

Liverpool

Lots of reasons.

Most get bombarded by morons who have no clue about human etiquette - I've seen the crap my female friends get!

Others don't have any interest in single guys - some won't even say hello in a club in case they catch something.

Many get messages with absolutely no effort put into them.

Some are jaundiced and others are either arrogant/superior/hostile or just downright fed up of guys. Could be a combination of things.

Get yourself to a social or club and get known for who you are. If you're one of the 'good guys' peirce will pick up on it and decide for themselves. I've never looked back!

By *rMotivator2.0Man
12 weeks ago

Donegal

Could be all what had been stated above or just women being women yanooooo

12 weeks ago

Lots of reasons,

Girls let down non stop by guys no show! Even just a verification meeting in town!

Girls want to pick themselves not pestered 200 messages a day!

Girls can get the same thing from a couple and more chance of showing up.

Guys thinking it's dial a whore on here!

By *ilthyNightsCouple
12 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

I don't think it's often towards single guys in general, it's more the problematic behaviour of some of them.

By *heHookyMonsterMan
12 weeks ago

Liverpool

"Lots of reasons,

Girls let down non stop by guys no show! Even just a verification meeting in town!

"

Agree with all of the above - although a lot of single women mess guts around too. My last five arranged meets have ghosted after great communication and having made arrangements......once after a considerable amount of effort from me in driving to the place nominated by her. Crap!

By *electableicecreamMan
12 weeks ago

The West

Complaints are more likely to be posted than praise.

Lots of couples, single women, hotwives, cuckold couple's are here to meet single men.

And plenty of men do well through fab. They just don't brag about it in the forum's.

12 weeks ago

"Lots of reasons,

Agree with all of the above - although a lot of single women mess guts around too. My last five arranged meets have ghosted after great communication and having made arrangements......once after a considerable amount of effort from me in driving to the place nominated by her. Crap!"

I replied to the theme of the thread, never said couples or guys don't get messed around too. At the moment myself or us NEVER agree any meet without a back up plan of some sort. 75% chance your stood up so shopping, cinema, coffee, visit friends, sight seeing, or at ours we just go to bed ourselves

By *heHookyMonsterMan
12 weeks ago

Liverpool

"Lots of reasons,

Agree with all of the above - although a lot of single women mess guts around too. My last five arranged meets have ghosted after great communication and having made arrangements......once after a considerable amount of effort from me in driving to the place nominated by her. Crap!

I replied to the theme of the thread, never said couples or guys don't get messed around too. At the moment myself or us NEVER agree any meet without a back up plan of some sort. 75% chance your stood up so shopping, cinema, coffee, visit friends, sight seeing, or at ours we just go to bed ourselves "

Definitely a good plan. Easier as a couple definitely. That part of things I envy you.

By *ornywife20Couple
12 weeks ago

North Cork

To many messages had to block single guys we can message the ones we want and they can message back.

By *itlbeeCouple
12 weeks ago

Ireland

As a couple, we prefer even numbers, not odds. We've done threesomes. And while it's a nice threat on occasion, it ends up involving at least one person to sort of hover around waiting their turn, and the constant switching can be exhausting.

It's just not something we look for on fab when meeting other couples provides a better experience for all.

There are also just too many men on the site.

12 weeks ago

Very small percentage of truly single so most ladies don’t want the hassle of a cheat .

By *eoffrey 888Man
12 weeks ago

carlow

"Hey there new fabber here, just wondering what is all the negativity towards single guys in couples/women's profiles on here

Very small percentage of truly single so most ladies don’t want the hassle of a cheat . "

Rubbish. I’m very single and I know other guys who are also

By *heHookyMonsterMan
12 weeks ago

Liverpool

"Hey there new fabber here, just wondering what is all the negativity towards single guys in couples/women's profiles on here

Very small percentage of truly single so most ladies don’t want the hassle of a cheat . "

Sorry, that's very dismissive and sweeping. Also indicative of a lot of attitudes to single guys on the scene. So many start off at the most negative and scathing end of the spectrum.....and rarely bother to work backwards.

Happy to admit there will inevitably be some in that situation, but the same could be said of single women potentially.

With regards to individuals (and proven) fair enough.

By *heHookyMonsterMan
12 weeks ago

Liverpool

Very small percentage of truly single so most ladies don’t want the hassle of a cheat .

Rubbish. I’m very single and I know other guys who are also "

12 weeks ago

Sorry, that's very dismissive and sweeping. Also indicative of a lot of attitudes to single guys on the scene. So many start off at the most negative and scathing end of the spectrum.....and rarely bother to work backwards.

Happy to admit there will inevitably be some in that situation, but the same could be said of single women potentially.

"

Of course there are women too but if questioned single men only . I’m speaking from personal experience and not a generalised sweep of fab . Unfortunately some don’t even tell you til after . Personal preference I suppose to not meet them . Also I don’t judge anyone if they mail me I answer

By *ofusplusCouple
12 weeks ago

Limerick

When a guy doesn't state his relationship status on his profile, we assume he is cheating because usually he is. Just saying

By *heHookyMonsterMan
12 weeks ago

Liverpool

Of course there are women too but if questioned single men only . I’m speaking from personal experience and not a generalised sweep of fab . Unfortunately some don’t even tell you til after . Personal preference I suppose to not meet them . Also I don’t judge anyone if they mail me I answer "

Nice to hear - many do......although I'd also concede there are plenty of rude, obnoxious and vile men on Fab too - based on the messages I see my female friends get. Would be a good idea for guys sho don't get that to see them sometimes. I despair on occasion.

By *electableicecreamMan
12 weeks ago

The West

When a guy doesn't state his relationship status on his profile, we assume he is cheating because usually he is. Just saying "

You guys are the reason single is pretty much the first word on my profile

By *ipstick KissesWoman
12 weeks ago

South Down

Just because you and other guys you know are single, it doesn't make this lady's lived experience of Fab rubbish.

The OP asked why there was negativity.And, whether you like it or not, this is one reason.

By *ofusplusCouple
12 weeks ago

Limerick

When a guy doesn't state his relationship status on his profile, we assume he is cheating because usually he is. Just saying

You guys are the reason single is pretty much the first word on my profile

"

Oh wow

There should really be a tick box for what is an important little detail to many. Some might lie, but at least people are prompted to indicate one way or another x

Post new Message to Thread