Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Ghosting

Jump to newest

By *rishhotwifey OP   Couple
4 weeks ago

dublin

I’ve seen a rise in this lately is it only me? I make plans and then day of get deleted ect. If you make a plan then change your mind that’s fine, just let me know that way I can make other plans.

I hope I’m not alone with this but so tired of it as it’s such a time waste!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ongalMan
4 weeks ago

lucan

100% it is happening so much more. This is an adult website full of kids. If you are not interested just say so.

Some peolpe have a very childish mind set.

4 weeks ago

dublin

That’s it and it’s not people I’ve talked like one day to but a few weeks you know!

By *s LollyWoman
4 weeks ago

The pub then supermacs ...

It's a regular thing on here, happens to me all the time, id a hotel up North booked for the weekend back in January, five weeks chatting then on the Thursday night radio silence had to spend the weekend on my own in the hotel.......

By *assionate kisserMan
4 weeks ago

dublin

It's rude and annoying plus it's bad manners lack of respect

By *ubadubdubWoman
4 weeks ago

Hereabouts

"That’s it and it’s not people I’ve talked like one day to but a few weeks you know!"

That's just bad form, a lack of basic manners and cowardly. It's very frustrating to be let down with no notice.

By *OCONO5Couple
4 weeks ago

Sensual Center

It does happen to everyone...

4 weeks ago

dublin

"It does happen to everyone..."

Oh I’m sure it does just ranting away raging I am been talking to this guy ages!

4 weeks ago

dublin

"It's a regular thing on here, happens to me all the time, id a hotel up North booked for the weekend back in January, five weeks chatting then on the Thursday night radio silence had to spend the weekend on my own in the hotel......."

That’s so shit! Not fair at all! Like so cowardly!

By *ocktailsdreamsMan
4 weeks ago

Edinburgh

People find it acceptable behaviour when it really isn't, I'm not sure do people find themselves better than others so they think that the other person doesn't deserve a reply?

By *enmuserWoman
4 weeks ago

Dublin

"It's a regular thing on here, happens to me all the time, id a hotel up North booked for the weekend back in January, five weeks chatting then on the Thursday night radio silence had to spend the weekend on my own in the hotel......."

Identical to what happened to me. Spoke to him for 1.5 months (it was over Christmas so neither of us had time to meet). We had each others numbers, WhatsApped regularly - chatted about most things but it was mainly sexual tbb. I booked a hotel for us. Up to and including the day before, both talking about the excitement of meeting and having a post Christmas bit of fun. Went to bed, woke up the next morning and I was blocked.

Charming.

I can't speak to what women are like on here, I'm sure we're the same but that is just one story of about a dozen where I've been ghosted / blocked prior to a meeting. A large chunk of me thinks that this is a virtual escape for some people.

Unhappy with their lives in some capacity and use this forum to live an alt life. Not caring that some of us do want to meet and have fun.

At the end of the day, I don't think any of us are looking for life partners here - a bit of craic is all we want.

By *ethmeonfireMan
4 weeks ago

Dublin

Honestly, everyone has to be selective with their choices and arrange meets with Only well verified people. It is because of these time wasters, people like me struggle to get even a message back from others.

Sad story of fab

By *heekyfuntimeMan
4 weeks ago

lexlip

That's disgraceful , I don't get why people do that if plans change fine but let them know , I've had similar of arranging a meet up and then ignored when acutly trying to arrange it

By *ildarekinkstersCouple
4 weeks ago

kinkytown

We've been ghosted after meeting socially when plans for play have been made. We've noticed it increase massively the past few months. We'd just prefer they act like an adult and not play games.

By *enmuserWoman
4 weeks ago

Dublin

"We've been ghosted after meeting socially when plans for play have been made. We've noticed it increase massively the past few months. We'd just prefer they act like an adult and not play games."

Agreed. It's fine to say you're not interested anymore - happens to the best of us - and we all appreciate the directness and honesty. It's the immaturity and lack of backbone that's particularly striking.

By *2357Woman
4 weeks ago

clonmel tipp

Has happened to me on a few occasions. Make arrangements to meet have good chats. Then come Thursday night radio silence. I wouldn't mind but on each weekend I could have had other meets. I have told one particular fabber to forget it. Gave him 2 chances . The only think was i didn't book a hotel for them. Then guys wonder why the get a hard time lol

By *ot so needyMan
4 weeks ago

Galway

Selfish and bad manners. Especially if you know the other person will be out of pocket over your actions.

Some one here and in life in general don't give a fcuk about anyone else.workwise I used to get alot of it when I had a shop in Galway people booking and not showing up.

That's why now I only do call out.

By *s LollyWoman
4 weeks ago

"Honestly, everyone has to be selective with their choices and arrange meets with Only well verified people. It is because of these time wasters, people like me struggle to get even a message back from others.

Sad story of fab"

He was well verfied, just because someone is well verfied doses make them less of a cu*t.....

By *heekyfuntimeMan
4 weeks ago

lexlip

Assholes , no other word for it really, hight of rudeness

By *enmuserWoman
4 weeks ago

Dublin

"Honestly, everyone has to be selective with their choices and arrange meets with Only well verified people. It is because of these time wasters, people like me struggle to get even a message back from others.

Sad story of fab

He was well verfied, just because someone is well verfied doses make them less of a cu*t....."

PREACH

By *osyRedLipsWoman
4 weeks ago

Kildare

The amount of dreamers and tyre kickers in this place is ridiculous! Rip.ie needs a separate section for all the dead Grannys. One poor fella had his Granny die three times in a year

By *aughtyKildareMan
4 weeks ago

tullamore

Nothing worse when you book a room and a no show, I was chatting with a nice verified couple and after a while we arranged a night away, I booked a room in Galway and the night before agreeing a time to meet at the bar the following evening , that day I was half way down when I went to check if all was good and they had blocked me , that was in January and I still don’t know why,

4 weeks ago

dublin

"We've been ghosted after meeting socially when plans for play have been made. We've noticed it increase massively the past few months. We'd just prefer they act like an adult and not play games."

Yeah like it’s fine if you don’t want to just say!

4 weeks ago

dublin

Sad story of fab

He was well verfied, just because someone is well verfied doses make them less of a cu*t....."

Absolutely this person was well verified!

4 weeks ago

dublin

"The amount of dreamers and tyre kickers in this place is ridiculous! Rip.ie needs a separate section for all the dead Grannys. One poor fella had his Granny die three times in a year "

3 times I thought you were going to say we needed an rip.ie for all the ghosts on this site hahah

By *iscuits8Man
4 weeks ago

Dublin/Birmingham

Totally shitty behaviour and I've had it happen me more times over the years than I care to remember. Could write a book on it. If you have no intention of ever meeting, just show a bit of maturity and say it. Block them if needs be to save yourself from any bad reaction. Makes things so much easier and the site more enjoyable for everyone.

By *aughtyKildareMan
4 weeks ago

tullamore

Yes we should have a section on the site to put these people up

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
4 weeks ago

Tipperary

The reality on here is a lot of lads use the site as a spare wheel. Something to fall on if the real world gets a bit quiet /dry. Once something occurs then in the real world locally, other plans are dropped. Where as other people particularly women and couples really put time and effort into the site. It’s part of their life/ world etc.

By *ethmeonfireMan
4 weeks ago

Dublin

Sad story of fab

Oh I know but some people have good verifications that can tell you a lot about the nature

Some people have something like this

Great night, amazing.

By *osyRedLipsWoman
4 weeks ago

Kildare

"The amount of dreamers and tyre kickers in this place is ridiculous! Rip.ie needs a separate section for all the dead Grannys. One poor fella had his Granny die three times in a year

3 times I thought you were going to say we needed an rip.ie for all the ghosts on this site hahah"

That's a great idea the death notices for the ghosters family flowers only house private

By *amsevenMan
4 weeks ago

cork

I have a question for those more in the know than me... and sorry for hi jacking you thread op. If you someone deletes their profile and have verified you, does the verification dissappear too??

By *ealitybitesMan
4 weeks ago

Belfast

I don't meet very often but I've never been ghosted or stood up so I can't say what it's like.

I have been a plan B on two occasions though.

One woman who gave me the details of where she was staying and arranged a time to meet for coffee and it was literally around the corner from where I was working.

I messaged that morning to confirm the time and she acted surprised and asked had we arranged to meet because she wouldn't have time as she was meeting vanilla friends?

She said I must have been mistaken.

Next day she had a shiny new verification from a popular fab couple.

Another woman arranged a coffee meet and specifically asked if I could travel to her as she was restricted for time.

I messaged at lunchtime to confirm and she said she might not make it as a work meeting was running late but she would let me know before I left work.

Heard nothing back so headed home and halfway there got a message to say she was still at work and couldn't make it.

Next morning she had two new verifications.

One from a lunchtime meet and a second which actually named the coffee shop we were to meet in and said it had been arranged weeks before.

By *og-ManMan
4 weeks ago

somewhere

"I have a question for those more in the know than me... and sorry for hi jacking you thread op. If you someone deletes their profile and have verified you, does the verification dissappear too??"

Yes

By *affa31Woman
4 weeks ago

Galway

"I have a question for those more in the know than me... and sorry for hi jacking you thread op. If you someone deletes their profile and have verified you, does the verification dissappear too??"

The text of the veri disappears but the count remains on your summary

By *oshSardineMan
4 weeks ago

The High Chaparral

It’s happened to me recently, chatting to a lady who struck up the chat first. Chatting like crazy and then all of sudden, blank. Plus I’ve been stood up twice for meets, only they know the reason. Although it’s annoying, it’s up to them I suppose. Maybe something got in the way, maybe they just wanted a chase, who knows however it’s only going to keep me positive by not worrying about it too much.

By *ealmc1973Man
4 weeks ago

Clare, Tipperary

Well on a positive note, wt least you do get some meets organized. Pity about the let downs, though.

Personally, I am fine, I don't get anything to a stage, where meet is planned, so can't complain about ghosting or non-show - although I did have same experience as well, with 'well verified' user/s.

Hence my suspicion about all those verifications on display.

Anyway, hopefully, all the messers will be out at some stage.

By *amsevenMan
4 weeks ago

cork

"I have a question for those more in the know than me... and sorry for hi jacking you thread op. If you someone deletes their profile and have verified you, does the verification dissappear too??

Yes "

Cheers bogman

By *amsevenMan
4 weeks ago

cork

"I have a question for those more in the know than me... and sorry for hi jacking you thread op. If you someone deletes their profile and have verified you, does the verification dissappear too??

The text of the veri disappears but the count remains on your summary "

Thanks jaffa

By *ughes thomasCouple
4 weeks ago

wexford

"It does happen to everyone...

Oh I’m sure it does just ranting away raging I am been talking to this guy ages! "

Same as that even have hotel booked for next month and now nothing he still on line and has red my messages and not replied it would make you think and wonder why bodder

By *og-ManMan
4 weeks ago

somewhere

Not knocking anyone but in my mind it proves that socials with hotel overnight makes it easier to meet and play with other people

By *amson4DelilahCouple
4 weeks ago

ballina

God people would give ya the shits.. lol

Had one couple supposed to meet for a drink Saturday night, planned weeks ago, suggest we text them later & see.. that was at 7pm... Respectfully Go fuck yourselves.. lol...

If I'm meeting someone, even for a social, I'm tanned, hedges pruned, & I like to look sexy AF..

That shit takes time & effort so a no show or ghosted is an automatic block & I think no norepinephrine about it.. Its annoying as fuck but It's a them problem not a me problem.

By (user no longer on site)
4 weeks ago

I was chatting with a bi couple, flirting away , discussing fantasies etc. I was meeting with someone else and they asked was I chatting with any couples. I said who and we stated a three way conversation, anyhow, the couple sent their address and the two of us jumped in the car to go meet them. My partner was texting them as I drove, anyhow, we arrive...... Disappeared .... Nothing ..... The next day I got a message asking me to meet , like for fuck sake ! Nothing worth that , Siobhan and Elfie could team up and I'd maybe consider it if they ghosted me once but id probably wake up as that would be a dream.

By *ack meetsMan
4 weeks ago

bangor

It’s nuts

Happened to me other day, chatting non stop for days(I know people much worse with weeks)

Chatting on Snap also, to meet at 9pm, opened messages basically soon as I sent them on snap and replied straight away, then towards 5/6pm started leaving messages unread, messaged all

Ok, you have gone quiet, replied eventually yeh been busy in house and all good for later.

Messaged just before 9 and blocked on snap, messaged on fab and lo and behold blocked as well

Even asked was all ok to meet and made an excuse were too busy to reply all

Of a sudden

By *voidingboredomMan
4 weeks ago

around

It's really unfortunate to hear these stories. I've a few of my own too. It's rubbish for everyone who puts in the effort and gets left in the cold.

I absolutely understand that life happens and people need to cancel last minute for a variety of reasons but there's no excuse to just vanish and not reply. And the blocking immediately afterwards is often nothing to do with you but rather with them to save them from having to be an adult and deal with questions about their actions.

It's a them problem for sure, but still sucks for you!

I remember a woman texted me a week after vanishing on me when we were due to meet saying she hadn't been honest and actually needed to mind her child that night unexpectedly. And I don't know what I found more annoying, that she felt I would be angry that she had to look after family or that I had gone OUT of my way to find her favourite biscuits...

Anyway, rant over. You're all legends and don't let the disappointments suggest otherwise.

By *eanR2023Man
4 weeks ago

Dublin

"I’ve seen a rise in this lately is it only me? I make plans and then day of get deleted ect. If you make a plan then change your mind that’s fine, just let me know that way I can make other plans.

I hope I’m not alone with this but so tired of it as it’s such a time waste! "

Can’t understand why to be honest. If you make a plan and unforeseen things occur then it’s polite to message. I know if offered I’d definitely be turning up

By *s LollyWoman
4 weeks ago

It's happened so many times lately with me im fully convinced it's me, it's gotten to the point im not looking to meet anyone now, the time and money ive wasted is gone beyond a joke

By *eanR2023Man
4 weeks ago

Dublin

"It's happened so many times lately with me im fully convinced it's me, it's gotten to the point im not looking to meet anyone now, the time and money ive wasted is gone beyond a joke "

Oh it’s definitely not you

Some people are just messers and timewasters unfortunately

By *heekyfuntimeMan
1 day ago

lexlip

[Removed by poster at 12/05/24 12:44:03]

By *heekyfuntimeMan
1 day ago

lexlip

"It's happened so many times lately with me im fully convinced it's me, it's gotten to the point im not looking to meet anyone now, the time and money ive wasted is gone beyond a joke "

Don't get why anyone would ghost you Ms lolly , your so nice ,people are just asshats , ill come see you

By *eductivepiercingsWoman
1 day ago

Louth

Ghosting happens for men, women and couples! Huge volume of fake profiles! Until measures are taken to photo verify EVERYONE here, among other measures then it will continue. But even so called elite members ghost others on here. Always have a plan B & C and never book anything until you have a few meets from that person. Costly mistakes.

By *tingray271Man
1 day ago

Sligo Donegal

I know this feeling well. Happened to me only 2 weeks ago. Women goasted me two days before meet. After chatting for three weeks.

Nervous or just rude.

By *s LollyWoman
1 day ago

Even the photo verfied and well verfied people are still cunts who enjoy ghosting on here..

1 day ago

"Even the photo verfied and well verfied people are still cunts who enjoy ghosting on here.. "

Very true... Cnuts gotta c-nut

By *heekyfuntimeMan
1 day ago

lexlip

"Even the photo verfied and well verfied people are still cunts who enjoy ghosting on here.. "

No wounder some of us can't get a look, counts the lot of them haha ,

1 day ago

I'll always show up for a meet, but I do reserve the right to be an arsehole

By *heBlowinsCouple
1 day ago

West Cork

Oh now it happens to all of us (as many others have said on this thread).

It doesn't matter if they're verified, photo verified, well known on the scene.. there's zero correlation in our experience.

K has stopped doing lengthy prep before a meet as we've been last-minute cancelled on too many times.

It's super awesome when someone cancels and then they make no attempt to reschedule and just go silent forever

By *undalk_SabreMan
1 day ago

Dundalk

"I’ve seen a rise in this lately is it only me? I make plans and then day of get deleted ect. If you make a plan then change your mind that’s fine, just let me know that way I can make other plans.

I hope I’m not alone with this but so tired of it as it’s such a time waste! "

They're here for a turn on but are married and get cold feet / clash with family stuff

By *merald CharmWoman
14 hours ago

Scotland

I've never had it in Scotland BUT I had it in Ireland.

Met a guy in December in Belfast, he visited me in January and I booked a weekend to Derry in March as he was in Letterkenny. He was still chatting to me the day of me arriving in Derry, kept on saying he was on his way but he never arrived. Very childish behaviour and makes it difficult for others to be trusted

13 hours ago

Louth

2 out of 3 "meets" never happen here! And it will not matter what the dynamic is. Everyone says the same thing. So have multiple plans, never book a room or anything daft like travelling any distances, make up, hair, nails. Expect to be let down and have a reason to be where you are.

By *ofusplusCouple
11 hours ago

Limerick

"2 out of 3 "meets" never happen here! And it will not matter what the dynamic is. Everyone says the same thing. So have multiple plans, never book a room or anything daft like travelling any distances, make up, hair, nails. Expect to be let down and have a reason to be where you are. "

What do you mean by multiple plans? Does it mean that you'll let plans B, C, D go (i.e. cancel at short notice) if Plan A works? Aren't you part of the problem by doing that?

Just playing devils advocate here

11 hours ago

Louth

Or you did not understand the meaning, I'm going shopping I can do a coffee meet! My primary purpose is shopping, secondary is a social, I have travelled up north to shop along the way I have tried to do socials! I am always early for every meet I have been at, everyone else has been late! So no I am very much not a problem

By *ednuts101Man
10 hours ago

Who cares?

There will always be dreamers and timewasters everywhere you go..

It's life...some people actually get their rocks off doing it.

By *ofusplusCouple
10 hours ago

Limerick

[Removed by poster at 13/05/24 09:40:58]

By *arajeanCouple
10 hours ago

mayo

[Removed by poster at 13/05/24 09:58:47]

By *arajeanCouple