Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hilaboutMan
24 weeks ago

kilkenny

Beautiful hotel n always very accommodating

By (user no longer on site)
24 weeks ago

It must be so frightening for those children....the Irish welcome has faded rapidly & I wonder why....

Let's face it.... we're overcrowded & can't even look after our own.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
24 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

Ireland is one of the less densely populated countries in Europe, there’s plenty of space.

We are well able to look after our own and others who need help, there’s a multi billion surplus from the exchequer most years.

The problem is the incompetent govt who you should be angry at, who have made a decision not to properly fund social care and housing. Anger should be directly at them and not the misfortunate people fleeing war and persecution

By *aseylee324Couple
24 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

"Ireland is one of the less densely populated countries in Europe, there’s plenty of space.

We are well able to look after our own and others who need help, there’s a multi billion surplus from the exchequer most years.

The problem is the incompetent govt who you should be angry at, who have made a decision not to properly fund social care and housing. Anger should be directly at them and not the misfortunate people fleeing war and persecution"

By *itlbeeCouple
24 weeks ago

Ireland

Very much agree.

Protests have been very misguided and stoking up horrible xenophonia.

yes, these communities all have their own needs. but those needs COULD be met. That's where the attention should be. Not on keeping empty hotels empty.

By *iscuits8Man
24 weeks ago

Dublin/Birmingham

"Ireland is one of the less densely populated countries in Europe, there’s plenty of space.

The problem is the incompetent govt who you should be angry at, who have made a decision not to properly fund social care and housing. Anger should be directly at them and not the misfortunate people fleeing war and persecution"

Nail. On. Head.

By *iscuits8Man
24 weeks ago

Dublin/Birmingham

[Removed by poster at 16/01/24 11:58:57]

By *iscuits8Man
24 weeks ago

Dublin/Birmingham

Imagine my amusement yesterday seeing all the locals - apparently so concerned about potential criminals settling in their locality - gathering around to be addressed by... Michael fucking Lowry

By *asual777Man
24 weeks ago

i travel all over

We get the politicians we deserve . A few politicians in Galway aren’t right wing historically but are tilting that way . It’s where the votes are . Given who Argentina , the US , the UK repeatedly and a few others have voted for recently perhaps there are a huge amount of people out there who love right wing ideology .

By *llthewaysMan
24 weeks ago

Somewhere

More compassion in the world is needed.

By *ickyAthleticMan
24 weeks ago

Liverpool

Locals/Outsiders are blaming a shortage of services, but when asked to elaborate they have no answers.

By *unsterheroMan
24 weeks ago

Ennis

Couldn't have said it better the money is there to provide what all in this country need unfortunately it's the will of the government departments that is lacking. There has been decades of failure to invest in social projects and social infrastructure, we are so far behind where we could be as a nation. I love this country and it could be the best little country in the world if only managed correctly. But I don't see or have confidence that any political party could at present resolve the issues. I felt so sorry for those families going into the hotel last night. So much for ireland being the country of a thousand welcomes.

By *urfdudeMan
24 weeks ago

WEXFORD

Look at the amount of empty properties owned by the catholic church that are standing empty. Every town has a couple of these, all are empty, large building capable of housing large numbers. Some are inhabited by a small number of religous elderly occupants.

All old convents, monasteries, presbyterys could absorb a lot of the IPA or homeless problems.

But I cant see the catholic church extending christian charity to needy people, they would rather park their money and ignore their legal bills and responsibilities. Rant over

By *ind PaddyMan
24 weeks ago

South County Dublin

"Imagine my amusement yesterday seeing all the locals - apparently so concerned about potential criminals settling in their locality - gathering around to be addressed by... Michael fucking Lowry "

By *aseylee324Couple
24 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

"Imagine my amusement yesterday seeing all the locals - apparently so concerned about potential criminals settling in their locality - gathering around to be addressed by... Michael fucking Lowry

"

Ah, but that's different, he's one of our own

By *hamrocker23Man
24 weeks ago

Sligo

"It must be so frightening for those children....the Irish welcome has faded rapidly & I wonder why....

Let's face it.... we're overcrowded & can't even look after our own."

What children?

By *ursecretmischiefCouple
24 weeks ago

The West

"Very much agree.

Protests have been very misguided and stoking up horrible xenophonia.

yes, these communities all have their own needs. but those needs COULD be met. That's where the attention should be. Not on keeping empty hotels empty. "

People are outrageously misguided. Many are so easily led and haven't even stopped to think what they are actually mad about.

Micheal Lowry, a career criminal, stood up in Roscrea last week and warned them about the possibility that criminals could be located there. He then told them that the area does not have the resources or infrastructure for 160 more people...He was their TD for decades.

They clapped and cheered!

By *aid backMan
24 weeks ago

by a lake with my rod out

Exactly it's decades of mismanagement of social housing stock and the capitalist idea of "the market" will fix everything shower of cunts

By *aid backMan
24 weeks ago

The government love the protests etc because it's pointing the blame at those arriving not who caused the problems in the first place. Direct your anger at them not immigrants ffs

24 weeks ago

The West

"It must be so frightening for those children....the Irish welcome has faded rapidly & I wonder why....

What children?"

The children that walked into the premises yesterday evening as the crowd abused them...those children.

You've probably seen the Gardai pushing protesters away and some scrotes claiming to be attacked and manhandled? Wondering "what has the country become" and "who are the Gardai working for"

The Gardai were protecting children from them!

By *habMan
24 weeks ago

Boomtown

"Locals/Outsiders are blaming a shortage of services, but when asked to elaborate they have no answers."

Some time back, Kerry County Council ( Management not Councilors) objected to 70 Asylym seekers being placed in the Harmony Inn Killarney.

While the lack of services available, Medical, Ambulance, Social Workers etc was acknowledged by O'Gorman, the state placed 70 men in a building which DID NOT have a fire cert and was only granted a temporary cert last week.

Furthermore, they placed Shia and Sunni muslims in the same buildings which has led to much fighting between the refugees themselves, think Celtic and Rangers... Garda cars constantly outside the building.

This is furter exacerbated by the perception of a Govt. that is not listening to its people and is having its tail wagged by zealots in the Greens, anti car, anti rural, anti everything but have not provived any meaningful solutions for problems in the area.

There are also financial inplications for a town like Killarney or any other tourist town with a shortage of Hotel rooms leading to less tourists, less spend and economic activity which has contributed the closure some businesses.

IMO it has become too easy to call people "far right" rather than to engage in discussion as to what type of country we desire for our children/grandchildren and much easier to shout at people rather than listen to their concerns. If one is unwilling to listen to their concerns, then you are no different....

Rant Over

24 weeks ago

What children?"

Isn't it migrant women & children that are moving in to the former Racket hotel in Roscrea????

Don't tell me it's fighting age 'single' men once again....If it is....aren't men meant to stay & fight for their country ....

By *ooper2Man
24 weeks ago

Dublin

Was worried opening this thread but relieved now at the sense and compassion on display!

They're a mix of misguided people whose fear is being stoked up by professional bigots who tour the country sowing division.

I have an awful lot more in common with a regular person from another country than I do Michael Lowry or Mattie McGrath even though they're Irish.

By *iscuits8Man
24 weeks ago

Dublin/Birmingham

"Don't tell me it's fighting age 'single' men once again....If it is....aren't men meant to stay & fight for their country ...."

I see this one trotted out again and again.

People can be as patriotic and full of bravado as they want from thousands of miles away. If I am in a situation where my city/town/village is at risk of being invaded/bombed, you better believe I am on the very first available mode of transport to get the hell out of there and as far away as possible.

Ooh, fighting men. Give us a break. And it wasn't anyway, it was mainly women and children.

The same as one of the local DP centres to me in which all the 30+ residents bar one were women and children - something the baying mob only realised several days after incorrectly assuming it was all men and spending the night marching to, and protesting, outside it. Fucking cretins.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
24 weeks ago

What children?

Isn't it migrant women & children that are moving in to the former Racket hotel in Roscrea????

Don't tell me it's fighting age 'single' men once again....If it is....aren't men meant to stay & fight for their country ...."

What is fighting age?

Is that the same as working age?

So you’d prefer pensioners to come over who cannot work and contribute to the tax base?

you’d rather have economic liabilities that require indefinite housing and increasing medical care than someone who could with the right clearance work, house, clothe and feed themselves?

Ireland is full (of buckin eijits)

24 weeks ago

What children?

Don't tell me it's fighting age 'single' men once again....If it is....aren't men meant to stay & fight for their country ....

What is fighting age?

So you’d prefer pensioners to come over who cannot work and contribute to the tax base?

you’d rather have economic liabilities that require indefinite housing and increasing medical care than someone who could with the right clearance work, house, clothe and feed themselves?

Ireland is full (of buckin eijits)"

"Pensioners" I haven't mentioned pensioners at all....It appears to me that the majority of migrants entering our country for many years are young single men.

So are you saying we shouldn't allow Pension Age migrants in ....That's a whole new can of worms.... Ageism & all that....

By *iscuits8Man
24 weeks ago

Dublin/Birmingham

By the way, call me mad but a country with 5 million people that has 13,000 registered homeless and 166,000 non-derelict vacant properties... is not full.

By *aid backMan
24 weeks ago

The fighting aged men bullshit who gives a fuck they clearly don't want to die in a war.

In the same vein all Child bearing aged women should be impregnated to replenish all the men lost in war. You know doing their duty too

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
24 weeks ago

What children?

What is fighting age?

Ireland is full (of buckin eijits)

"Pensioners" I haven't mentioned pensioners at all....It appears to me that the majority of migrants entering our country for many years are young single men.

So are you saying we shouldn't allow Pension Age migrants in ....That's a whole new can of worms.... Ageism & all that.... "

“ PS~ Why settle for cheating married when I can have young free & single....Lots & lots of disadvantages to seeing cheating married men tbf&h....Yup....I can list the disadvantages if you wish me too....”

I’m confused, you say on your profile you want young single men!?

I thought you’d be happy by the new pool of international single young men now available to you…..

By *iscuits8Man
24 weeks ago

Dublin/Birmingham

"So are you saying we shouldn't allow Pension Age migrants in ....That's a whole new can of worms.... Ageism & all that.... "

That's... absolutely nothing like what he said.

By *electableicecreamMan
24 weeks ago

The West

[Removed by poster at 16/01/24 16:47:07]

By *habMan
24 weeks ago

Boomtown

Being the Devils Acvocate, what I do find interesting is that most of the comments are from people with the least amount of Refugees, eithe by number or as a % of population,

Irish Independent 16th Jan "Where are the Ukrainians being housed"

BTW there is nothing as heartbreaking as hearing a Ukrainian mother/wife wail after being told that her husband/son has died after being conscripted to fight in a meaningless war !!

By *he wanerding bullMan
24 weeks ago

cavan

"Being the Devils Acvocate, what I do find interesting is that most of the comments are from people with the least amount of Refugees, eithe by number or as a % of population,

Irish Independent 16th Jan "Where are the Ukrainians being housed"

BTW there is nothing as heartbreaking as hearing a Ukrainian mother/wife wail after being told that her husband/son has died after being conscripted to fight in a meaningless war !!"

Most have sympathy with the Ukrainians but that seems to be now starting to wear thin with some.

It's these economic migrants that most have issue with these so called doctors and engineers.

24 weeks ago

The West

What children?

Don't tell me it's fighting age 'single' men once again....If it is....aren't men meant to stay & fight for their country ...."

Stay and fight really?? You've been watching to many Tom Cruise films?

Have you ever fired a gun? Thrown a petrol bomb even?

If you have, you can only begin to imagine the massive equipment used in war and the absolute terror it brings.

I used to think that way, its easy to from the comfort of your sitting room.

Then one evening I ventured onto Tele*ram and saw what happened to average Ukranian/Russian men, sent to fight for their country...

Dozens and dozens of corpses being gorged on by pigs and dogs, bodies trampled into roadways by military vehicles that they looked like stickers scattered along the road. Watched a drone drop a grenade on a man sitting in mud hole in freezing temperatures. He reached out, picked it up and put it under his chin, just to make sure it killed him!

If (when) we ever get invaded, I'll give you my place no problem!

By *reyingbeardMan
24 weeks ago

city

Hopefully there's doctors,nurses,teachers,dentists among them as it's hard to get an appointment as is

By *ountrylad400Man
24 weeks ago

What really shocked me was the way the locals acted towards women amd children it was disgusting seen kids having to walk through that. If it was the other way round there would be up roar

By *neSexyWomanWoman
24 weeks ago

North Wexford

Absolutely right. People need to “Fight the real enemy”….

By *heCatWhoGotTheCream2024Man
24 weeks ago

Funville

You can just tell sometimes, who gets their reliable information from Facebook and Twitter...

24 weeks ago

Your full of it

By *ewadventures2017Couple
24 weeks ago

some where near

Something missing in all this is the hotel owners who have closed a place with booking for music wedding dance bands and abandoned all of this to give accodomation

There were many nursing homes closed to do the same thing

I don't understand how people can just arrive and the government has to pick up the responsibility

Where has it all gone wrong

There has to a gate closed when the field gets to full ..

By *hilaboutMan
24 weeks ago

kilkenny

"Something missing in all this is the hotel owners who have closed a place with booking for music wedding dance bands and abandoned all of this to give accodomation

I don't understand how people can just arrive and the government has to pick up the responsibility

"

Exactly ..wake up n smell the roses

By *ildarekinkstersCouple
24 weeks ago

kinkytown

Looking at the videos and the people there should be ashamed of themselves carrying on like that. Disgusting carry on.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
24 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

"Something missing in all this is the hotel owners who have closed a place with booking for music wedding dance bands and abandoned all of this to give accodomation

"

The field isn't full though, it's actually emptier than the other fields. It's just that the old cows (who were only used to cows exactly the same as themselves) got scared when a few slightly different cows were put in.

Also the farmer who owns the barn just puts whatever is most profitable into the barn and used to be half empty all the time and now he's delighted that it's full all the time so he gets a bit of extra cash and 100% occupancy. He gets to decide as it's his money he paid to build the barn. The cows are annoyed but fuck em.

By *hilaboutMan
24 weeks ago

kilkenny

The field isn't full though, it's actually emptier than the other fields. It's just that the old cows (who were only used to cows exactly the same as themselves) got scared when a few slightly different cows were put in.

Also the farmer who owns the barn just puts whatever is most profitable into the barn and used to be half empty all the time and now he's delighted that it's full all the time so he gets a bit of extra cash and 100% occupancy. He gets to decide as it's his money he paid to build the barn. The cows are annoyed but fuck em."

cows are fine we all know what happens if 2 bulls are put in close confines

By *ilthyNightsCouple
24 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Thankfully in the human species we are pretty much 50/50 male and female.. and males can happily and successfully live in the same vicinity as many other males. Same as cows though some males are scared of ones different to themselves from other places.

By *rs is a fab fuckCouple
24 weeks ago

City

I don’t like butter on my toast. Mmmm the postman’s late. Did I turn off the immersion…..

By *hilaboutMan
24 weeks ago

kilkenny

"I don’t like butter on my toast. Mmmm the postman’s late. Did I turn off the immersion….."
impossible to keep remembering that immersion

Post new Message to Thread