Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Aa cork

Jump to newest

By *imeovurlife OP   Man
37 weeks ago

cork city

Hey I have been off the drink 8 days now. On tabs etc. it’s so hard when I have nothing to keep my eyes off it. Anyways I’m still off it hopefully with all these Aa meetings it will work. Anyone else so to them any one you would recommend

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *llthewaysMan
37 weeks ago

City centre/Naas

Good luck with your journey. It isn't easy.

By *adger BrocMan
37 weeks ago

Co. Cork

No personal experience of AA meetings but I have seen people I know turn there lives around very much for the better by attending AA.

Every journey begins with a first step.

Best of luck on your journey.

By *hoenixagamTV/TS
37 weeks ago

Rural

"No personal experience of AA meetings but I have seen people I know turn there lives around very much for the better by attending AA.

Every journey begins with a first step.

Best of luck on your journey.

"

Same here I've seen a family member who gave it up 40 years ago and they still goes to meetings.

Not as much as early on but they like to touch base now and again.

Haven't touched a drop myself in over 20 years, you can drawn your own conclusions.

There's another one called lifering if AA doesn't suit you, better to have the moral support and meet people who have been there year's or starting out.

Alcoholism and addiction doesn't discriminate, and not many people stay sober or clean, just go easy on yourself and don't let anyone try to control your sobriety and lifestyle You're a grown man and you need to be independent too and enjoy your life of sobriety.

Best of luck

By *anysicoMan
37 weeks ago

cork

Good luck on the journey , one day at a time

By *udding RoseWoman
37 weeks ago

Somewhere out there

[Removed by poster at 16/01/24 00:03:42]

By *udding RoseWoman
37 weeks ago

Somewhere out there

"Hey I have been off the drink 8 days now. On tabs etc. it’s so hard when I have nothing to keep my eyes off it. Anyways I’m still off it hopefully with all these Aa meetings it will work. Anyone else so to them any one you would recommend "

Ah good on you. I don't have any experience in it but my advice would be to keep going to the AA meetings. You've got this. Xx

Post new Message to Thread