Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Copy and paste opening messages

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
26 weeks ago

Is it acceptable to create copy and paste opening messages and then get more personal if conversation starts.

Trying to be original when the majority of messages sent don't get read seems to be a waste of time and effort.

Is it obvious and frowned upon?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *s LollyWoman
26 weeks ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Of course it's a lazy ass approach....

By *eeking_sensuality77Woman
26 weeks ago

Athlone

Very obvious and off putting tbh.

By *ustBoWoman
26 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Yes it is usually fairly obvious it's a copy and paste. It doesn't annoy me though. A profile interests me more than a first message so yes if the message was okay I would reply if I like the profile.

Yes it can be considered lazy but at the same time if you keep getting deleted after writing first messages to someone I can kind of understand why you might get peeved off enough to copy and paste after a while.

It's really a six of one and half dozen of another on here.

By *osyRedLipsWoman
26 weeks ago

Kildare

There's one guy whose used the same spiel for year I'm intrigued by your profile . Mmm really me and the other 74 women currently online must also intrigue you

By *affa31Woman
26 weeks ago

Galway

It’s very obvious and make me when it’s effusive about how much they enjoy my profile (mine and the other 50 women they’ve messaged).

I would suggest that you have a general copy and paste message that you then add a line or two reflecting what you’ve seen in their profile that you like.

By *ildarekinkstersCouple
26 weeks ago

kinkytown

Very easy to spot one and to be honest we would just ignore it and leave read unless the person has sent it several times in which case they would have been told to actually read the profile

By *ofusplusCouple
26 weeks ago

Limerick

You said it yourself, the majority of messages don't get read, so why even bother with copy and paste messages?

There are better ways to be successful here. Plenty of nuggets of info on the Forums if you read through them.

26 weeks ago

If they were read I'd be happy enough. Just feel like I'm constantly doing homework that's never even checked for want of a better analogy

By *osyRedLipsWoman
26 weeks ago

Kildare

Maybe I should start doing it it's awfully time efficient. Mmm now what to say. Wow what a interesting blank silhouette profie you have. Your will fill in later bio really gets me wetter than a otters pocket. Fancy a fuck

26 weeks ago

"You said it yourself, the majority of messages don't get read, so why even bother with copy and paste messages?

There are better ways to be successful here. Plenty of nuggets of info on the Forums if you read through them."

Thanks... it sometimes feels a bit of a thankless task is all. Maybe AI's the answer lol

26 weeks ago

"It’s very obvious and make me when it’s effusive about how much they enjoy my profile (mine and the other 50 women they’ve messaged).

I would suggest that you have a general copy and paste message that you then add a line or two reflecting what you’ve seen in their profile that you like. "

26 weeks ago

"It’s very obvious and make me when it’s effusive about how much they enjoy my profile (mine and the other 50 women they’ve messaged).

I would suggest that you have a general copy and paste message that you then add a line or two reflecting what you’ve seen in their profile that you like. "

Yeah this makes a lot of sense. Maybe I just don't have the imagination for constant originality

26 weeks ago

"Maybe I should start doing it it's awfully time efficient. Mmm now what to say. Wow what a interesting blank silhouette profie you have. Your will fill in later bio really gets me wetter than a otters pocket. Fancy a fuck "

Hahaha do you mind if I steal that? Lol

By *affa31Woman
26 weeks ago

Galway

I would suggest that you have a general copy and paste message that you then add a line or two reflecting what you’ve seen in their profile that you like.

Yeah this makes a lot of sense. Maybe I just don't have the imagination for constant originality "

Constant originality is hard but if you’re messaging someone, there must have been something about their profile that prompted the desire to message so mention that

By *ilthyNightsCouple
26 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

We just use a copy and paste reply to copy and paste messages

"Thanks (username) for your copy/paste message. Your message is important to us, but we are too busy to get to our inbox right now. In the unlikely event that we have time/interest/babysitting required for a meet then your application will be viewed in due course. Thank you"

Note - we won't actually replace the (username) with the actual username. It will just be pasted as above.

By *rAndMrsRightCouple
26 weeks ago

newtownabbey

Better only message something meaningful to a few people you actually really fancy (you must meet their criteria too, written profile usually outlines what theyre looking for), make it way more personal instead of mass messaging the entire site the same copy pasted message.

A lot of women leave messages unread if they intend to reply to when they get a change - women are people who have lives outside fab, so it sometimes takes time and patience.

Don't bother with follow ups every other day either- you will come across as pushy. If they want to reply - they will in their own time. If you feel like sending another message- wait at least a month and make sure its not something along the desperate lines of "why are you ignoring me"

Or similar.

My go to tactic when first messaging anyone - when you have nothing meaningful to say, better leave it until you do. It might be a comment on a profile or status update, might be something about the new uploaded photo ("your background is very creative, i like your style" will always sound better than "mmmmm sexy tits").

Bonus points for getting replies are face photos attached to mail.

Women's eye candy is a nice smile and kind eyes (cock pics will very rarely score you any points).

And most obvious way of all- interacting in forums helps getting to know the wider community. Here you will have way more coherent interactions with people from all walks of life.

Missus

By *ndie and CindyCouple
26 weeks ago

Dublin

"We just use a copy and paste reply to copy and paste messages

"Thanks (username) for your copy/paste message. Your message is important to us, but we are too busy to get to our inbox right now. In the unlikely event that we have time/interest/babysitting required for a meet then your application will be viewed in due course. Thank you"

Note - we won't actually replace the (username) with the actual username. It will just be pasted as above."

Bravo

By *hivers2020Woman
26 weeks ago

lolli land

They are irritating and way too easy to spot, especially when someone says something along the lines of “I’ve read your profile and think we would be a good match” - my profile is song lyrics

By *ealitybitesMan
26 weeks ago

Belfast

Not sure if it's covered under copying and pasting but I used to get a message from a woman with 100+ verifications every 6 months or so.

It was always basically the same message about how amazing my pics were and where had I been hiding all this time as she had never seen me before.

My reply was always that I was hiding in plain sight but none of my replies were ever read and then sure enough 6 months later she would send the same message again.

Initially I thought it was funny to reply but then I got fed up with her games and stopped.

By *lueLotusWoman
26 weeks ago

The edge of heaven

I've only been aware of a couple of copy and paste messages because I've seen the exact same message from them a few weeks before... Have to admit knee jerk reaction was to block. I do the same with persistent messages tbh. So maybe just try not to send the same message again to someone?

I'm usually too busy to reply but that doesn't stop me from adding interesting ppl to my hotlist for further investigation later.

My hotlist is massive. There are a lot of lovely intriguing ppl on here and I'm not in any hurry

By *aseylee324Couple
26 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

I suggest you stick with only sending messages to profiles you are genuinely interested in meeting, and personalising your messages on the basis of what piqued your interest.

Probably won't get any more replies, but proportionately it mightn't feel so bad!

By *electableicecreamMan
26 weeks ago

The West

[Removed by poster at 10/01/24 21:05:40]

By *electableicecreamMan
26 weeks ago

The West

I don't think copying a paragraph is any harm. Especially if that part is the message is about you. There's only so many ways you can rewrite that.

I do think you'll get a better reply rate if the subject and opening lines are relevant to the reason your getting in touch. Which is to say, a reason that is unique to those people. We all love a bit of flattery.

And when you really want to start meeting people get along to social events. Join the community and make some friends. It's much better than feeling down about messaging

By *nardriMan
26 weeks ago

near town

I’ve spent lots of time putting together very personal emails to many profiles. Clearly showing them I’ve read their profile and going by lots of them how we match.

I’d say 20% deleted without being opened, 70% read and ignored, 5% a reply saying no thanks not our type……. wtf I’m exactly what your profile says you are looking for…. And the other 5% actually goes on to further chat and……

Years ago I used to send a brief copy and paste, would always be tweaked based on who I was sending it to. Always got a better response back then……. But maybe it’s just times have changed and now I’m older and a bit heavier

By *ingerNNutsCouple
26 weeks ago

dublin

Copying some parts if you really want but then reading profiles and personalising it slightly (if there’s enough info to do) would be my preference.

One of us…not naming names but if you know, you know (and I love them for it)…will generally do a basic intro message they’ll come up with for that person and then take the convo from there…hasn’t had terrible results tbh but I think being a man profile on here does make it slightly harder for you unfortunately

By *jwexladMan
26 weeks ago

new ross

I love the way the ladies here say it’s lazy and obvious, yet most of them can’t take 30 seconds to send a reply after a guy takes the time to message them…

By *iscuits8Man
26 weeks ago

Dublin/Birmingham

"I love the way the ladies here say it’s lazy and obvious, yet most of them can’t take 30 seconds to send a reply after a guy takes the time to message them… "

Got loads of popcorn here if anyone wants some

By *electableicecreamMan
26 weeks ago

The West

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what you write in your message if you have a low effort profile or just can't construct a sentence that isn't full of entitlement.

By *ioandPabloCouple
26 weeks ago

Mullingar

"I love the way the ladies here say it’s lazy and obvious, yet most of them can’t take 30 seconds to send a reply after a guy takes the time to message them… "

Perhaps they're waiting for a farmer to message ?

By *alvin.Man
26 weeks ago

Cork/Dublin

I always cut and paste. I did it again this afternoon. I send the same lovely words and offer heartfelt compliments on her skills and technique. Telling her that her hands are like no others and only she has the recipe of love between us. I did get a reply

Unfortunately "The Ma" told me to FUK Off and cook my own dinner.

By *ingerNNutsCouple
26 weeks ago

dublin

"I love the way the ladies here say it’s lazy and obvious, yet most of them can’t take 30 seconds to send a reply after a guy takes the time to message them…

Got loads of popcorn here if anyone wants some "

Pass us some please!!! *impatiently waiting for fabbers to wake and reply*

Guess I’ll start…..to the non-farmer….if they’ve read it and not replied that’s a reply in itself surely? At the least they’ve already taken 30seconds to read your lengthy initial message and then a few more to look at your profile. It’s not exactly a friendship site (primarily)

We’ve also found that sometimes rejection is not taken well…even if they do not meet our “requirements” stated on our profile (age, non smokers etc). If all your unread messages turned to rejection replies I get the feeling you may still be unhappy….unless that’s a kink of yours?

By *ofusplusCouple
26 weeks ago

Limerick

Do you take 30 seconds to reply 'No thanks' to all the emails in your Spam folder?

By *ilthyNightsCouple
26 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

The bit that you aren't getting is that you are asking them for something. It's not just a letter sent out of the kindness of your heart. The recipient knows this. If they dont want what's offered then they aren't going to accept your request. We are a consumerist society and we get hundreds of unsolicited offers for things we don't want every day. I'm not gonna answer every unwanted offer here any more then I am going to reply to my email spam. No matter now well personalised the offer is.

By *iny DelightWoman
26 weeks ago

City Centre

I think it's been covered in the responses above the most common reasons why people don't reply.

However I'm going to let you and everyone into another little secret that you may or not know..

You see fab doesn't play fair. If they did there might be a higher chance of a reply.

If you reply to a person, from that moment on, that person can message you regardless of your filters, profile hidden or not. So if you change your filters to exclude certain ages or genders to suit your needs, the newly set filters will not exclude anyone you have ever messaged in the past and nobody wants that.

By *iny DelightWoman
26 weeks ago

City Centre

"Is it acceptable to create copy and paste opening messages and then get more personal if conversation starts.

Trying to be original when the majority of messages sent don't get read seems to be a waste of time and effort.

Is it obvious and frowned upon?

"

It can be obvious to me if the opening words are Hi guys

Sometimes they read like what should be on a profile. Sort of impersonal, generic descriptions.

If you can pick a commonality or something that interests you (apart from riding) then that can be a good start.

It's really hard though, I'm really bad at opening messages myself. It can be difficult to stand out.

All the best in your endeavours though

By *ittleBoPeepingWoman
26 weeks ago

Galway, Clare

"There's one guy whose used the same spiel for year I'm intrigued by your profile . Mmm really me and the other 74 women currently online must also intrigue you "

When I came back here recently I hadn't one photo on on my profile, for various reasons, and still got mails from guys telling me how much my profile interests them and how much they like it.

By (user no longer on site)
26 weeks ago

"There's one guy whose used the same spiel for year I'm intrigued by your profile . Mmm really me and the other 74 women currently online must also intrigue you

When I came back here recently I hadn't one photo on on my profile, for various reasons, and still got mails from guys telling me how much my profile interests them and how much they like it. "

In Fairness it is a nice pic

Just to add to the convo a friend of mine showed me a msg she got & it literally went on for ever then followed by more msgs that where copied from some Mills&Boon novel she literally was just scrolling & scrolling .. Weird behaviour

By *avenotrealnameMan
26 weeks ago

City centre

"I love the way the ladies here say it’s lazy and obvious, yet most of them can’t take 30 seconds to send a reply after a guy takes the time to message them…

I think it's been covered in the responses above the most common reasons why people don't reply.

However I'm going to let you and everyone into another little secret that you may or not know..

You see fab doesn't play fair. If they did there might be a higher chance of a reply.

If you reply to a person, from that moment on, that person can message you regardless of your filters, profile hidden or not. So if you change your filters to exclude certain ages or genders to suit your needs, the newly set filters will not exclude anyone you have ever messaged in the past and nobody wants that."

Good info, personally I feel bad if I don't reply, but yes again weeks later I'll get a another msg to inbox from said person I politely said no to. But for me I d rather lol didn't reply, it does seem rude but as the say no a reply is a reply...and if I go to message them again weeks months later for whatever reason fab tells me, UV already messaged and not got a reply, so I know to jog on and be wasting both Our time.

I do have question thou, say u or someone gets in contact, I tail contact is good but then there's no reply for a good while, would you message a little reminder and if so how long would you wait ...or just leave it be...

By *electableicecreamMan
26 weeks ago

The West

I don't think theres any problems starting up a conversation again after a lull.

Even if they hadn't replied at all I think it's totally fine to send a follow up message after a month or so.

By *iny DelightWoman
26 weeks ago

City Centre

If you reply to a person, from that moment on, that person can message you regardless of your filters, profile hidden or not. So if you change your filters to exclude certain ages or genders to suit your needs, the newly set filters will not exclude anyone you have ever messaged in the past and nobody wants that.

Good info, personally I feel bad if I don't reply, but yes again weeks later I'll get a another msg to inbox from said person I politely said no to. But for me I d rather lol didn't reply, it does seem rude but as the say no a reply is a reply...and if I go to message them again weeks months later for whatever reason fab tells me, UV already messaged and not got a reply, so I know to jog on and be wasting both Our time.

I do have question thou, say u or someone gets in contact, I tail contact is good but then there's no reply for a good while, would you message a little reminder and if so how long would you wait ...or just leave it be..."

Firstly, although I'm not speaking for everone here, is that anyone with an ounce of empathy feels bad for not replying. I totally agree that not replying to a message comes across as rude, but hey, we have to accept that no reply is a polite way of saying no thank you on here.

And the second part where you ask if you should message again if you were chatting previously. Well I don't see any harm in that, especially if you can pick up from a good conversation you were having before. Keep it light, I'm sure whoever you're chatting to and got on well with will appreciate the check-in whatever time has passed.

Thirdly I'm not qualified to give any fab advice

By *aid backMan
26 weeks ago

by a lake with my rod out

No need to copy and pastem the best opening email is only 4 letters and a question mark surely people aren't to lazy to type out

Fuck ?

By *avenotrealnameMan
26 weeks ago

City centre

Great , now if you'll excuse me I've some mails to send

By *rRiosMan
26 weeks ago

dublin

"No need to copy and pastem the best opening email is only 4 letters and a question mark surely people aren't to lazy to type out

Fuck ?"

You could optimize that to “FAF?”

By *ndie and CindyCouple
26 weeks ago

Dublin

"No need to copy and pastem the best opening email is only 4 letters and a question mark surely people aren't to lazy to type out

Fuck ?

You could optimize that to “FAF?” "

How could anyone resist the seduction of such poetry

By *aid backMan
26 weeks ago

Fuck ?

You could optimize that to “FAF?” "

Or even

FK?

By *rRiosMan
26 weeks ago

dublin

Fuck ?

How could anyone resist the seduction of such poetry

"

The heart wants what the heart wants, I am but a vessel to its desires

By *rRiosMan
26 weeks ago

dublin

Fuck ?

Or even

FK?"

Just hit them with a straight up: ?

They’ll be so intrigued you’d be bound to get a response

By *osyRedLipsWoman
26 weeks ago

Kildare

I have a guy that messages same 4 letters over and over

wuu2

The youth of today very time efficient

By *ittleBoPeepingWoman
26 weeks ago

Galway, Clare

"I have a guy that messages same 4 letters over and over

wuu2

The youth of today very time efficient "

I'm very old... what does 'wuu2' mean, if anything??

By *heCatWhoGotTheCream2024Man
26 weeks ago

Funville

wuu2

I'm very old... what does 'wuu2' mean, if anything??"

'what are you up to?' It seems, actually had to google it

Hey wuu2?

By *ittleBoPeepingWoman
26 weeks ago

Galway, Clare

wuu2

I'm very old... what does 'wuu2' mean, if anything??

'what are you up to?' It seems, actually had to google it

Hey wuu2? "

Ah, I see.

By *aid backMan
26 weeks ago

Fuck ?

Or even

FK?

Just hit them with a straight up: ?

They’ll be so intrigued you’d be bound to get a response "

Optimisation at its finest

By *ka ..Agent k ..Man
26 weeks ago

Meath, Louth border of Monaghan & Naughty,

wuu2

The youth of today very time efficient "

he's a bright cookie Rosy saving on digital ink,time and effort..

By *aseylee324Couple
26 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

I often wonder about the ones that send the same message repeatedly, are they really that stupid, or do they think everyone else is that stupid, or do they see it as a war of attrition...

By *easingTimMan
26 weeks ago

Loughlinstown

Hands up...

I've been guilty of "cut and paste" to a certain degree. If a single man was to...

1. Read a profile (yes, some of us actually do )

2. Craft a unique bespoke message to that profile

3. Then observe that of the "individualised" messages sent out, 5 got opened, 2 got deleted, 2 ignored and 1 replied

...That there is the scenario that most single men face here

So yes, I have a general blueprint message of where I'm from, what I'm looking for modified slightly as let's face it, I don't fancy spending hours being a full time Copywriter of Coquetry crafting unique messages to each person here I happen to take a shine to

However, if you ever happened to receive any message from me, that was different and penned especially for you and your eyes only

Post new Message to Thread