Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

What overwhelms you in your world?

Jump to newest

By *eeking_sensuality77 OP   Woman
26 weeks ago

Athlone

...for me 1 of the main things is my car!

A old 11 reg jalopy. Haven't the means to upgrade.

Head out this morning and not a gig out if it. Luckily have roadside assist but the apprehension of what's wrong and the potential cost to fix it is what's overwhelming me right now

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ondalingerMan
26 weeks ago

City center

"...for me 1 of the main things is my car!

Head out this morning and not a gig out if it. Luckily have roadside assist but the apprehension of what's wrong and the potential cost to fix it is what's overwhelming me right now "

similar. When something breaks. I feel the need or feel because im adult, this has to be fixed straight away. I drive a 12 reg and tbf it hasn't gave me a munutes trouble. But i seem to go through a amazing amount of lightbulbs. And when theres one broke i get overwhelming thoughts of, this isnt right. I need this sorted asap

26 weeks ago

Athlone

Head out this morning and not a gig out if it. Luckily have roadside assist but the apprehension of what's wrong and the potential cost to fix it is what's overwhelming me right now similar. When something breaks. I feel the need or feel because im adult, this has to be fixed straight away. I drive a 12 reg and tbf it hasn't gave me a munutes trouble. But i seem to go through a amazing amount of lightbulbs. And when theres one broke i get overwhelming thoughts of, this isnt right. I need this sorted asap"

Similar, bulbs constantly going. But this time I'd be thankful if it was just a bulb! It's being towed to garage in the afternoon so time will tell! A mate threw out the suggestion it may be the alternator but sure after that I haven't a clue!

Anyway, first world problems as we all know.

By *og-ManMan
26 weeks ago

somewhere

At the moment its work

I've taken 12 months to get to today with meetings and drawings and prices with the market prices changing everyday

Tomorrow the job starts ....2 years work that I have to get done in 6 months

Haven't had a full nights sleep in a few days

Its fine when I'm at my desk but I can't control my brain functions while I'm trying to sleep

I wouldn't have it any other way to be fair and I'm doing the job 40 years

By *ubberNumbersCouple
26 weeks ago

dublin

Head out this morning and not a gig out if it. Luckily have roadside assist but the apprehension of what's wrong and the potential cost to fix it is what's overwhelming me right now similar. When something breaks. I feel the need or feel because im adult, this has to be fixed straight away. I drive a 12 reg and tbf it hasn't gave me a munutes trouble. But i seem to go through a amazing amount of lightbulbs. And when theres one broke i get overwhelming thoughts of, this isnt right. I need this sorted asap

Similar, bulbs constantly going. But this time I'd be thankful if it was just a bulb! It's being towed to garage in the afternoon so time will tell! A mate threw out the suggestion it may be the alternator but sure after that I haven't a clue!

Anyway, first world problems as we all know."

Dead battery is very very common once a cold snap comes in. Batteries don't like cold and if it's any way weak/old then this sub zero weather will kill it.

Hopefully thats all you have to worry about to get back on the road.

26 weeks ago

Athlone

Head out this morning and not a gig out if it. Luckily have roadside assist but the apprehension of what's wrong and the potential cost to fix it is what's overwhelming me right now similar. When something breaks. I feel the need or feel because im adult, this has to be fixed straight away. I drive a 12 reg and tbf it hasn't gave me a munutes trouble. But i seem to go through a amazing amount of lightbulbs. And when theres one broke i get overwhelming thoughts of, this isnt right. I need this sorted asap

Dead battery is very very common once a cold snap comes in. Batteries don't like cold and if it's any way weak/old then this sub zero weather will kill it.

Hopefully thats all you have to worry about to get back on the road. "

Thank you!

Roadside assist got me going and he said the battery was one of the problems.

The dash board lighting up like a Christmas tree when turned off and key out of the ignition doesn't seem right either though so it's now in the garage and I have a replacement and that's all I need for now. Roll on the bill!!

26 weeks ago

Athlone

"At the moment its work

I've taken 12 months to get to today with meetings and drawings and prices with the market prices changing everyday

Tomorrow the job starts ....2 years work that I have to get done in 6 months

Haven't had a full nights sleep in a few days

Its fine when I'm at my desk but I can't control my brain functions while I'm trying to sleep

I wouldn't have it any other way to be fair and I'm doing the job 40 years

"

Good luck for tomorrow Bog and hopefully you'll manage to get your sleep pattern back to normal too.

By *llthewaysMan
26 weeks ago

Somewhere

The constant and overwhelming need for money in the money. They say it can't buy happiness but it makes happiness a lot easier to achieve.

@Bogman, good luck with the next stage of your project. You got this.

By *osyRedLipsWoman
26 weeks ago

Kildare

Thank you!

The dash board lighting up like a Christmas tree when turned off and key out of the ignition doesn't seem right either though so it's now in the garage and I have a replacement and that's all I need for now. Roll on the bill!!"

Halfords sell brilliant car jump start packs for 89 euro. This thing is brilliant it's got light you can pump up tyres,has Usb charger point and you can plug in traditional plug. Recently used it myself to jump a car that was sitting up for six months. Great piece of kit for car and when my electricity goes!

By (user no longer on site)
26 weeks ago

Nothing and no one overwhelms me like me.........

26 weeks ago

Athlone

"The constant and overwhelming need for money in the money. They say it can't buy happiness but it makes happiness a lot easier to achieve.

@Bogman, good luck with the next stage of your project. You got this."

I hear you!

I haven't a pot, yet I have so much in my life that no amount of money could afford. Catch 22!

26 weeks ago

Athlone

Thank you!

The dash board lighting up like a Christmas tree when turned off and key out of the ignition doesn't seem right either though so it's now in the garage and I have a replacement and that's all I need for now. Roll on the bill!!

Halfords sell brilliant car jump start packs for 89 euro. This thing is brilliant it's got light you can pump up tyres,has Usb charger point and you can plug in traditional plug. Recently used it myself to jump a car that was sitting up for six months. Great piece of kit for car and when my electricity goes!"

Thank you, must check that out. Sounds a very handy investment.

26 weeks ago

Athlone

"Nothing and no one overwhelms me like me........."

Yep! Getcha on that one.

By *elle111Woman
26 weeks ago

NI

Buying my own house on just my salary in times when a block of butter is £5 and I don’t have a penny in my account 2 weeks in and the constant thought how restricted my life is and I should have stayed where I was!

26 weeks ago

Loneliness

26 weeks ago

Athlone

"Loneliness "

Love your honesty. Think we can all relate to this at times... I know I definitely can.

26 weeks ago

Athlone

"Buying my own house on just my salary in times when a block of butter is £5 and I don’t have a penny in my account 2 weeks in and the constant thought how restricted my life is and I should have stayed where I was! "

Massive congratulations to you.

Things WILL get easier...just ride the storm and feel proud of what you've achieved.

By *astelloWoman
26 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

Age. I feel like time is going too fast and l feel overwhelmed.

Losing a family member has made compounded this feeling. Mindfulness beckons in 2024.

By *ickin2Man
26 weeks ago

Kilkenny

"Age. I feel like time is going too fast and l feel overwhelmed.

Losing a family member has made compounded this feeling. Mindfulness beckons in 2024. "

Sorry to hear of your loss

Wishing you all the best in 2024 and the good health to enjoy it

26 weeks ago

Where do I start .. had a tough few days in work and me been stupid and to nice to get someone into trouble.. its a long story but hand on heart I'm so happy it's over, always tell the truth after all your only a number in work..

26 weeks ago

My beard, I'm a lucky I guess that I can grow a full beard in less than two months. But have the devils curls my beard gets very wavy n wild, I like it , but very aware that it can make me look like I slept in a skip the nite before

By *exyScientistsCouple
26 weeks ago

Castlebar

Family issues with dementia and no supports. Issue with unsafe care within a hospital where the general manager insists that patients are safe (they are far from it!!!). Then uncovering someone I manage was claiming money for hours they didn't work who then started to accuse me of going on a witch hunt. Developed my own mental health issues out of all of this which I'm working through thankfully. 2023 can go and f off for itself now. 2024 isn't looking much better at this stage

By *elle111Woman
26 weeks ago

NI

"Massive congratulations to you.

Things WILL get easier...just ride the storm and feel proud of what you've achieved.

"

Thanks I am grateful to be in the position to even have a home as I know many are worse off on the streets so that gets me through.

By *ingerNNutsCouple
26 weeks ago

dublin

Simply adulting…some days I just want to not have responsibilities for a few hours. Wish I could unplug and be a fully carefree version of myself. That really covers all the big ones though so I’m slightly cheating the question by not picking just one lol…work, bills, parenting

-Mrs

By *ubadubdubWoman
26 weeks ago

Hereabouts

It's winter, I seem programmed to hibernate! So everything beyond basic eat/sleep/stay warm overwhelms me

26 weeks ago

What overwhelms me.... Cleaning....I detest it Omg....I just can't get my head around it....

But it's still gotta be done!!!!

By *rish_GuyMan
26 weeks ago

Foxford

OOO JASUS, where do I start.

As I've a few of them, that's life for some of us.

A family member(even another adult). Literally hang off me, always looking for help on different front's. But is up the hole of another family member & willing to jump through hoops to help other's, when they could.God for bid they'd help me.

Changing job's this year.

Don't know what job to apply for or what interest me anymore. As you have to have experience for them or a certain qualification. Sitting on the Fence about going self employed.

Never been overly flush with money either.

Interested in changing the car aswell, but can't.

For over 20 year's life seem's to be 1 fight after another of some kind.

But we'll plough on as best as we can, anyhow.

By *s LollyWoman
26 weeks ago

The pub then supermacs ...

At the moment my daughter is going through a pregnancy at a young age I know she's be an amazing mum but it's not what i would have wanted for her this early in her life as i know what's ahead...

They'll be living with me as well as her partner for the forseable future which overwhelms me because of living space, food and just money in general but there's a little human joining us which im super excited about....

By *j1981Man
26 weeks ago

cork

Head out this morning and not a gig out if it. Luckily have roadside assist but the apprehension of what's wrong and the potential cost to fix it is what's overwhelming me right now "

Hav sent a pm u might find help . All the best

26 weeks ago

Tbh.... Unsolicited Close Up Dick Pics Overwhelm Me.... Especially when they're just shoved in my face unexpectedly by total strangers.... & absolutely no concept of body type the pics is that up close ha....

By *ilthyNightsCouple
26 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Chasing unpaid invoices and when people don't pay the right amount. Takes so much time and effort.

By *iscuits8Man
26 weeks ago

Dublin/Birmingham

"Chasing unpaid invoices and when people don't pay the right amount. Takes so much time and effort. "

Amen!

The ones especially that are on your back constantly when the work needs doing. Then the invoice arrives in their inbox... radio silence

By *j1981Man
26 weeks ago

cork

Getting jobs/vehicles finished for xmas.... then leaving them.unpaid until now still .... fuming

By *j1981Man
26 weeks ago

cork

"Chasing unpaid invoices and when people don't pay the right amount. Takes so much time and effort. "

I hear your pain bud

By *amson4DelilahCouple
26 weeks ago

ballina

Cleaning my house...there's always at least one area that overwhelms the heck out if me... at the moment I don't know where to start if & when I have time.. but fuck it.. if it said on my gravestone "her house was always clean" instead of "she worked hard & enjoyed life to the fullest" i would be dissapointed in how i lived my life...life's too short...

By *irdyxWoman
26 weeks ago

dublin/ Birmingham

My kids, life thowing things at them there just not ready to handle feeling powerless being unable to help her see it will be OK in the end .

By *ealitybitesMan
26 weeks ago

Belfast

Loss.

It's the one thing I struggle to cope with despite having so much experience of it from a very early age and it seems to come in waves.

Last year alone I lost a close friend and 3 family members.

It makes everything else insignificant and finite.

By *uddlyBear1972Man
26 weeks ago

Just inside the Pale

"My kids, life thowing things at them there just not ready to handle feeling powerless being unable to help her see it will be OK in the end . "

Yeah, I know that feeling. But sometimes just being there can be enough and offering a cup of something hot can help.

By *ensualandslow321Man
26 weeks ago

Tullamore

I can't say that it overwhelms me but I sometimes think about the pain and grief life throws up to people I know and have lost, plus in a broader sense humanity's capacity for inhumanity whether it's Ukraine, Gaza and in other various parts of the world. I feel very lucky to live on an island on the west coast of Europe with a temporate climate, no earthquakes, no mass fires, tidal waves or volcanoes. Would be better if we had affordable houses for everyone.

I count my blessings regularly

By *eanR2023Man
26 weeks ago

Dublin

"Age. I feel like time is going too fast and l feel overwhelmed.

Losing a family member has made compounded this feeling. Mindfulness beckons in 2024. "

My thoughts are with you with your loss, mindfulness is a good idea it can help. Sending hugs

By *eanR2023Man
26 weeks ago

Dublin

"At the moment my daughter is going through a pregnancy at a young age I know she's be an amazing mum but it's not what i would have wanted for her this early in her life as i know what's ahead...

They'll be living with me as well as her partner for the forseable future which overwhelms me because of living space, food and just money in general but there's a little human joining us which im super excited about....

"

Congratulations and with you as support you know all will be ok.

Post new Message to Thread