Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Age range

Jump to newest

By *eoffrey 888 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

carlow

I read a profile and think wow I like this woman she and I would get on famously every way then I click message and then it’s says Age range you are out side it. Basically go away you are too old for me ! What do other people think? Let’s start our own group if they are enough people interested.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eart-shaped-foxMan
26 weeks ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipp

"I read a profile and think wow I like this woman she and I would get on famously every way then I click message and then it’s says Age range you are out side it. Basically go away you are too old for me ! What do other people think? Let’s start our own group if they are enough people interested."

Your own age range stops at 99, do you have something against Centenarians?

By *ealitybitesMan
26 weeks ago

Belfast

What's the point of this group?

Is it a protest group against preferences?

There are lots of women on here that I'm glad I'm too old for.

By *ingerNNutsCouple
26 weeks ago

dublin

I don’t mind older…clearly but I do have limits both ways (too young also). If you’re nearing my parents age it does freak me out a little if I’m honest. Everyone has preferences, why not age too - Mrs

By *aseylee324Couple
26 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

You can search for people in whose age range you fall. Everyone has their preferences, it's not personal.

By *ipstick KissesWoman
26 weeks ago

South Down, Northern Ireland

Why don't you want to meet men OP? There are probably lots of men who think you're perfect in every way but then look at your profile and - hot damn! - you don't want to meet men. So unfair!

By *astelloWoman
26 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

Im not ageist. I just have preferances.

By (user no longer on site)
26 weeks ago

I'm not racist.....I'm just prejudiced against all races.......

By *o strings but a G-stringMan
26 weeks ago

city

"Im not ageist. I just have preferances. "

And 100% entitled to have preference and to have them respected.

By *ornywife20Couple
26 weeks ago

North Cork

I think that if the OP can't accept that everybody has a right to personal preference there isn't any way he would get on famously with the lady in question. It impossible to tell by reading profiles what people are like and well we know this.

We have met people at parties and clubs and got on great and yet reading their profiles we wouldn't think we would and we have had the opposite where a profile looks and reads amazing are yet when we meet there is no spark between us.

There is someone for everyone on fab it's just to find them and meet them to know for sure .

By *immmy2023Man
26 weeks ago

Monaghan

Good morning from a Horney old man lol x

By *ilthyNightsCouple
26 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Relax, accept your not everyone's cup of tea, and not everyone is yours, and that's ok.

By *leasurer77Man
26 weeks ago

Athlone

"Why don't you want to meet men OP? There are probably lots of men who think you're perfect in every way but then look at your profile and - hot damn! - you don't want to meet men. So unfair!

"

My kids would say... Burned!

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
26 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

It takes two to tango

Just because you like someone and think you’ll get on famously doesn’t make it so

It’s not up to you, who or what other people like

Perhaps if you looked at things from a mutually beneficial point of view, ye might get on better

By *indenMan
26 weeks ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

If you read the profile wouldn’t you have seen you were outside their age preference before you tried to send the message?

By *oghunter33Woman
26 weeks ago

on the hill NordWest of

Crikey, yer all rather harsh with the op.

Op, most use age as a filter to reduce the avalanche of messages clogging up the mail box. So don't take it personally.

Biggest percentage of people on here are between 35 and 45 and seek encounters in their age group which is totally understandable.

Having said that there's a good few from the zimmerframe brigade who are doing rather well, so it's not impossible.

By *aucyladMan
26 weeks ago

Dublin

I guess it's call choice..

26 weeks ago

It's personal preference, can be another filter for some.

Fab her pics OP, this could be a filter for her she might contact you.

A lot do these things on here to save themselves from unwanted messages. Then they can see someone who's looked at them fab their pic etc and might reach out to the person, rather than getting mail from people they don't want to chat to.

By *itlbeeCouple
26 weeks ago

Ireland

People know their own capability for attraction better than you.

I know I'm not into older men, I have a complete mental block around people i would see as closer to my parents generation than mine.

I know from experience just I don't feel desire for people who I don't perceive as reasonably close to my own age.

Similarly many people would find if off putting if someone was closer to their children's ages.

By *llthewaysMan
26 weeks ago

Somewhere

My own age shows a general preference, if someone contacted with outside of those ranges I would still see if there was any connection.

That being said I am single guy, I am not flooded with emails either. Makes it a lot easier to review

By *eoffrey 888 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

carlow

"I read a profile and think wow I like this woman she and I would get on famously every way then I click message and then it’s says Age range you are out side it. Basically go away you are too old for me ! What do other people think? Let’s start our own group if they are enough people interested.

Your own age range stops at 99, do you have something against Centenarians? "

Not at all I’d even go 101

By *eoffrey 888 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

carlow

"What's the point of this group?

"

Just to give people like yourself and my self who are over 50 an opportunity to have fun

By *ealitybitesMan
26 weeks ago

Belfast

"What's the point of this group?

Just to give people like yourself and my self who are over 50 an opportunity to have fun "

I've always been over 50 since I joined and it has never stopped me having fun.

By *ucka39Man
26 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Why don't you want to meet men OP? There are probably lots of men who think you're perfect in every way but then look at your profile and - hot damn! - you don't want to meet men. So unfair!

"

nicely done

By *astcoast2000Man
26 weeks ago

Newcastle County Down

"

Very sexy lady yourself

By *rish_GuyMan
26 weeks ago

Foxford

"I read a profile and think wow I like this woman she and I would get on famously every way then I click message and then it’s says Age range you are out side it. Basically go away you are too old for me ! What do other people think? Let’s start our own group if they are enough people interested."

Not trying to be smart OP. But you didn't fully read the profile. As you wouldn't have bothered trying to message her/them.

As the age range is part of the profile setup.

As to answer your topic OP. I've not problem with being outside a profiles age range, that's life, sometime. I'd prefer to meet them at a social & let them or both of us make up our own mind about eachother. Also I'd roder to be under selling meself on here & be better face to face. Than the otherway round, as weird as that sound's to other's on here.

I'm in my 40's op & I'm outside some people's age range. Once again that's life, it's not nice at time's alright. We just have to get on with it.

By *ittleBoPeepingWoman
26 weeks ago

Galway, Clare

"Having said that there's a good few from the zimmerframe brigade who are doing rather well, so it's not impossible. "

'Zimmerframe brigade'??! Harsh!!

26 weeks ago

We like to play with people our own age 50 to 60.

By *Belfast_FellaMan
26 weeks ago

belfast

50 seems to be the cutoff for a lot of women and couples. Unfortunately I’m now on the wrong side of that line. But it is what it is, no point getting annoyed about it.

By *eoffrey 888 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

carlow

"If you read the profile wouldn’t you have seen you were outside their age preference before you tried to send the message?"

With excitement I didn’t

By *eoffrey 888 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

carlow

"Relax, accept your not everyone's cup of tea, and not everyone is yours, and that's ok."

Absolutely right

26 weeks ago

"Crikey, yer all rather harsh with the op.

Op, most use age as a filter to reduce the avalanche of messages clogging up the mail box. So don't take it personally.

Biggest percentage of people on here are between 35 and 45 and seek encounters in their age group which is totally understandable.

Having said that there's a good few from the zimmerframe brigade who are doing rather well, so it's not impossible. "

I find myself in that percentile. I have a question though. Do you become one of the zimmerframe brigade beyond that age?

By *dfabMan
26 weeks ago

Dunboyne

No group needed Geoffrey.

The Age Range does exactly what it's supposed to do.

Same as your Search options can show you people within your own specific preferences/ age ranges.

It's not difficult to find those closer to your age, or those interested in your age, if you use the site as it allows you to.

Each to their own and let's not have another dissection of a particular grouping please

By *iSi74Man
26 weeks ago

Drogheda, Meath, Dublin

That's peoples perogative, like it or leave. Stop being such a baby

By *eoffrey 888 OP   Man
26 weeks ago

carlow

"I read a profile and think wow I like this woman she and I would get on famously every way then I click message and then it’s says Age range you are out side it. Basically go away you are too old for me ! What do other people think? Let’s start our own group if they are enough people interested.

You are entitled to your opinion

That's peoples perogative, like it or leave. Stop being such a baby "

By *ensualandslow321Man
26 weeks ago

Tullamore

"I think that if the OP can't accept that everybody has a right to personal preference there isn't any way he would get on famously with the lady in question. It impossible to tell by reading profiles what people are like and well we know this.

We have met people at parties and clubs and got on great and yet reading their profiles we wouldn't think we would and we have had the opposite where a profile looks and reads amazing are yet when we meet there is no spark between us.

There is someone for everyone on fab it's just to find them and meet them to know for sure ."

Totally agree with sentiments expressed here

By *elfastDMan
26 weeks ago

belfast

"Crikey, yer all rather harsh with the op.

Having said that there's a good few from the zimmerframe brigade who are doing rather well, so it's not impossible. "

Jeez DH, I’ve no need for a zimmerframe yet but when I do, you’ll be top of my list

I remember turning 40 on here thinking I’d be leaping out of a lot peoples age ranges, it definitely slows down crossing an age decade but it just means we search out fine wines instead

Post new Message to Thread