Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Fab shelf life?

Jump to newest

By *rank7737 OP   Man
27 weeks ago

Hey folks hope your all. I haven't posted anything here in quite a while but it's just been something i have been thinking about for the last little while so here it goes.

In your opinion is there a shelf life to fab? Now i know and appreciate that this is a very subjective subject and there will be range of options which is conpelety understandable.

But just recently i have been thinking that my own personal race has been run and seriously thinking about saying goodbye to the lifestyle and not for one second is this a dear John story or a poor me nor is it January blues kicking in as I'm conpelety comfortable with my own though process regarding this matter as during my 3 year adventure through fab i have had the opportunity to meet some of the most wonderful people and experiences that will last a lifetime but i just through it would be interesting to post this and get other people's take on when is the right time to walk away? Or if indeed there is a shelf life to fab or not.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ildarekinkstersCouple
27 weeks ago

kinkytown

That's something we've given individually a lot of thought to over the years. We've always gone with the idea that when it's not fun for us anymore we would give it up. Yes we've left and come back multiple times (think this is our third incarnation as a couples profile now)

At the times we left it was either down to personal reasons or we just weren't enjoying it like we use to. The itch came back however.

By *Belfast_FellaMan
27 weeks ago

belfast

Wondering that myself, if I’m honest.

By *aughty MilfCouple
27 weeks ago

Fermanagh/Monaghan Ireland , Northern Ireland

"Wondering that myself, if I’m honest."
We've had the pleasure of meeting S he's everything a female or couple looks for on fab. Jane xx

By *Belfast_FellaMan
27 weeks ago

belfast

"Wondering that myself, if I’m honest. We've had the pleasure of meeting S he's everything a female or couple looks for on fab. Jane xx"

Ah too kind Jane, thanks x

By *ealitybitesMan
27 weeks ago

Belfast

It all depends really on your level of investment.

This is my 4th profile in 8 years.

It has never been a lifestyle choice for me and I've no interest in networking.

It has always been just a hobby.

I haven't sent a message in 4 years and haven't met anyone new in that time either.

I'm content with my level of engagement and because I'm not overly invested I don't feel the need to walk away.

I dip in and out of the forums when I feel like it and don't use any other part of the site.

There is also a small part of me flipping the bird at those who are exhausted from the effort they put into ending my fab journey.

Every time I post on a thread I do so with a smile on my face for that reason alone.

By *ewrideMan
27 weeks ago

KK

Depends on your relationship status I guess

By *rank7737 OP   Man
27 weeks ago

"That's something we've given individually a lot of thought to over the years. We've always gone with the idea that when it's not fun for us anymore we would give it up. Yes we've left and come back multiple times (think this is our third incarnation as a couples profile now)

At the times we left it was either down to personal reasons or we just weren't enjoying it like we use to. The itch came back however. "

Hey i get you 100% and there isn't anything necessarily wrong and i know we can all hide our profiles but i would find it to easily to activity my account again and this is one of the reasons I'm thinking about walking away as i feel sometimes fab isn't the same place i joined a couple of years ago if that makes sense.

By *rank7737 OP   Man
27 weeks ago

"It all depends really on your level of investment.

This is my 4th profile in 8 years.

It has never been a lifestyle choice for me and I've no interest in networking.

It has always been just a hobby.

I haven't sent a message in 4 years and haven't met anyone new in that time either.

I'm content with my level of engagement and because I'm not overly invested I don't feel the need to walk away.

I dip in and out of the forums when I feel like it and don't use any other part of the site.

There is also a small part of me flipping the bird at those who are exhausted from the effort they put into ending my fab journey.

Every time I post on a thread I do so with a smile on my face for that reason alone. "

Very wise words buddy.

By *PANK_and_GIGGLESCouple
27 weeks ago

Belfast

Fab most certainly isn’t what it once was. If it was to shut down tomorrow I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t miss it. Think it’s a couple of things. 1, the sheer amount of time wasters and fantasist’s on the site and 2, we’ve probably got more picky with who we meet.

By *itlbeeCouple
27 weeks ago

Ireland

I think it's very different for couples Vs singles.

As a couple, if you have what you hope to be your forever-person, you might be dipping in and out for as long as you can. Swinging is part of your relationship dynamic.

For a singleton, Fab is often just a way of "getting out there" in between serious relationships. If you know you want to settle down eventually with someone, you have to factor in that your going to be limited in trying to find a serious partner who wants this too.

By *rofguy78Man
27 weeks ago

Dublin

"I think it's very different for couples Vs singles.

As a couple, if you have what you hope to be your forever-person, you might be dipping in and out for as long as you can. Swinging is part of your relationship dynamic.

For a singleton, Fab is often just a way of "getting out there" in between serious relationships. If you know you want to settle down eventually with someone, you have to factor in that your going to be limited in trying to find a serious partner who wants this too. "

This

Imo Fab is simply a different way to meet people with similar mindsets while avoiding the whole 'relationship' issue. You get sick of all sites eventually. If tired of the scene, take a break. A break from anything does you the world of good in the long run.

By *ol_ieMan
27 weeks ago

Dublin west

Hotel California....

Check out any time you like but you can never leave....

By *electableicecreamMan
27 weeks ago

The West

Best of luck whatever you decide Frank. Just make sure you check in for a pint either way

By *rank7737 OP   Man
27 weeks ago

"Best of luck whatever you decide Frank. Just make sure you check in for a pint either way "

Will do buddy as it's been a while. But i'll not be going anywhere soon regarding leaving fab haha it's just something that i have been thinking about and just thought it would be interesting to get other people's thoughts.

By *astelloWoman
26 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

Think we all go through these feelings Frank. The activity on fab ebbs and flows bit like ourselves. It depends what you want outta it and sometimes that expectation may be met or you may get disillusioned.

Taking a break does help IMO. Helps to reground and reconnect with the "real non fab" world.

I dont have any regrets, l met amazingly lovely people and for that I'm grateful.

Good luck with the decision.

By *on655Man
26 weeks ago

Bronte

Frank you aren’t alone in your thought process.

My situation is different to yours in my reasons though.

I attended my first event in over a year during the holiday period purely to catch up with some friends I’ve made on this site over the 5 years I’ve been on it. Fab was always a means to an end for me. I was a single guy looking to enhance my sex life and get my eyes opened and by god I did that and then some. Now I’m in a great relationship with someone who knows of my time on here and is happy for me to continue with my profile as she knows it’s just for conversation with people I’ve met.

That is the wonderful side of fab and it can easily drag you back if you aren’t happy in ‘vanilla’ life as some people describe it. So my advice is don’t close the door completely but don’t keep checking to see if there’s anyone there either. Just do your normal every day life and of the mood takes you some day, check back in

By *elle111Woman
26 weeks ago

NI

The same for me as I’m feeling if I stay here it’s just too easy to clock up the months and years, think I’m on around 7 nearly 8 now. In the beginning as a couple and now as a singleton which I don’t love to be honest. I am feeling that I’m ready to head back into the relationship world and to give that a real shot I probs should just take a break from here. Lol not quite ready to give up just yet though!

By *oxy_xxxWoman
26 weeks ago

Belfast

Since being here as a single lady instead of a couple.

I often wonder should I just leave.

It's comes in waves of fun, either I'm loving it and getting loads of I'm interested and not even trying.

Make it what u want, enjoy what you want and also leave if you want xxx

By *ensualnFunCouple
26 weeks ago

Midlands

I understand fully even though my situation is a bit different as I’m part of a couple.

I have taken regular breaks from fab and taking another longer one soon. But I’m happy for my hubby to keep meeting if he wants.

I used to love fab now not so much but I have made so many friends that attending parties and socials will always be on the cards just to stay in contact with these friends. Or lunch or coffee. Then again I don’t need to stay on fab to do lunch with a fab friend so…

Dipping in and out is the best for me and very common I think.

Post new Message to Thread