Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Is creativity dead?

Jump to newest

By *r_Insatiable666 OP   Man
32 weeks ago

Cork

When was the last time you heard or saw something creative? Whether it be an insult, a costume, a movie, whatever sure.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ildarekinkstersCouple
32 weeks ago

kinkytown

I see creative things every day, be it creative solutions to problems or creative shoes or clothes. Literally brainstorm to create ideas for pictures and videos for our sideline.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
32 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

What about art? One off creative expressions are constantly being made

32 weeks ago

Cork

The title might be a little bit of hyperbole I'll admit. You can find creativity anywhere but I'm curious to what sticks out to people here

By *ealitybitesMan
32 weeks ago

Belfast

On here there may be creativity in pics and bios but very little on the forums.

If it hasn't been begged borrowed or swiped from somewhere else it's an endless loop of the same games, questions and complaints.

Kids don't have the same outlets to express their hands on creativity as they used to but are more than capable of showing their talents online.

32 weeks ago

Cork

"On here there may be creativity in pics and bios but very little on the forums.

If it hasn't been begged borrowed or swiped from somewhere else it's an endless loop of the same games, questions and complaints.

Kids don't have the same outlets to express their hands on creativity as they used to but are more than capable of showing their talents online. "

Making a successful forum post is a bit of challenge. Hence this one

I was in a local goods store and I saw some accessories made by kids. It was really impressive.

By *etergemmaCouple
32 weeks ago

South Dublin Area

Theres little to no creativity anymore in music or cinema.

Theres also very little in fashion, its just a rehash of the 80s currently.

The last two decades have seemed into one and there's no definition between either of them.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
32 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

“Anything Anywhere All at Once”

Most original and creative thing I’ve seen in a very long time, particularly for a film

By *etergemmaCouple
32 weeks ago

South Dublin Area

"“Anything Anywhere All at Once”

Most original and creative thing I’ve seen in a very long time, particularly for a film"

So creative that it changed the name

32 weeks ago

Cork

"Theres little to no creativity anymore in music or cinema.

The last two decades have seemed into one and there's no definition between either of them.

"

Cinema has the odd hit, it's just more logical from an financial point of view to have a sequel/prequel or remake.

I can find some great newer music but some of my favourite artists would have felt more at home in the 80s and 90s I'd imagine.

By *hoenixagamTV/TS
32 weeks ago

Rural

I'm a designer myself, old school.

So I'm around crafty people regularly

By *panishRebelMan
32 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

I try to live creative.

We can all consume and be bored by the providers..

But to live creative, is always original.

There you go.... My fortune cookie writer application....

By *antra MassageMan
32 weeks ago

south side

I like art, particularly nudes, landscapes, erotica.

I'm very creative in how I give a massage. It's an art form for me, and my hands are paintbrushes caressing a beautiful living canvas.

I like to use my hands in other creative ways too, recycling, restoring, beautifying.

My favourite cinemas are the IFI and Lighthouse, for off beat thought provoking movies.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
32 weeks ago

"“Anything Anywhere All at Once”

Most original and creative thing I’ve seen in a very long time, particularly for a film

So creative that it changed the name "

*every not any

I was so overcome with creativity, I forgot how to type

By *astelloWoman
32 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

I work in a creative industry. Im definitely at home with it.

By *electableicecreamMan
32 weeks ago

The West

Fab itself is an exercise in creativity.

Talking and flirting via messaging

Chatting or playing in the forum

Taking photos.

And what could be more creative than sex?

By *umon337Man
32 weeks ago

Offaly

I agree that the mainstream artistic output can be dire atm.

The mainstream output of the arts can often be very repetitive and bland because the mass appeal can be monetised.

Go off the beaten track and you'll find lots of creativity and ingenuity, especially in our cities.

Most county towns have art centres where there's a hive of fresh culture and arts.

By *orYourThighsOnlyMan
32 weeks ago

Midlands

Time waits for nobody. We’re in an age of fast moving consumer goods. Everything is made not to last and to be dumped and replaced with a newer model/better model than before. Music and film is the same now a days. Here today gone tomorrow.

Only groundbreaking things I can think off is-

Medicine new and novel components constantly being investigated and developed.

Apple - iPod, I pad , I mac , and most popular is the I phone.

The internet. Email. Facebook. Google. Fab- for the pervs like us

Virgin Airways - introduces spacious seats, branded edible food and portions, 1st to invent the onboard screen in seat in front you so you can personalise music, videos. GPS to track your movements.

Virgin Galactic - space travel for the public, composite materials that’s cheaper to build and cheaper to lift off than nasa rocket.

OP I think you’re correct. There is some good music and films out but the absolute best came out in 70s/80/90 like Michael Jackson Whitney, Madonna. Nirvana, snoop dogg, Jaws, Jurassic park, knight rider, a- team (I piddy da foool) etc

By *etergemmaCouple
32 weeks ago

South Dublin Area

"Theres little to no creativity anymore in music or cinema.

Cinema has the odd hit, it's just more logical from an financial point of view to have a sequel/prequel or remake.

I can find some great newer music but some of my favourite artists would have felt more at home in the 80s and 90s I'd imagine. "

Outside of Christopher Nolan there is no one making original cinema that is doing well at the box office. Its really shocking.

The majority of big movies from 80s and 90s were original and sleeper hits.

The Matrix, Independence Day, Ghost, Pretty Woman even Sister Act all original movies from the 90s that were absolute smash hits

By *og-ManMan
32 weeks ago

somewhere

2 weeks ago in The Sphere

U2 re-invented how a concert sounds and looks just like they did for Zoo Tv 30 years ago

A privilege to be there

By *etergemmaCouple
32 weeks ago

South Dublin Area

"2 weeks ago in The Sphere

U2 re-invented how a concert sounds and looks just like they did for Zoo Tv 30 years ago

A privilege to be there "

You're just bragging now.

How much input did they have in creating this event? Or is it a technical marvel like so many other things invented in last few years.

By *ickin2Man
32 weeks ago

Kilkenny

Creativity is not dead and will not stop until the world ends when ever that happens.

Just look at Fab.

Everyone is thinking all the time and trying to create that perfect sentence that will impress the person of their choice. To create that perfect response that puts you ahead of all the others

By *og-ManMan
32 weeks ago

somewhere

A privilege to be there

How much input did they have in creating this event? Or is it a technical marvel like so many other things invented in last few years."

https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a45519826/u2-at-the-sphere/

Have a read .....

By *electableicecreamMan
32 weeks ago

The West

A privilege to be there

How much input did they have in creating this event? Or is it a technical marvel like so many other things invented in last few years.

Have a read ..... "

That sounds incredible. Great read

By *ohnFKMan
32 weeks ago

Where the Streets Have No Name

A privilege to be there

Have a read ..... "

Thanks for the link

By *alvin.Man
32 weeks ago

Cork/Dublin

"I agree that the mainstream artistic output can be dire atm.

The mainstream output of the arts can often be very repetitive and bland because the mass appeal can be monetised.

Go off the beaten track and you'll find lots of creativity and ingenuity, especially in our cities.

Most county towns have art centres where there's a hive of fresh culture and arts. "

This

By *alvin.Man
32 weeks ago

Cork/Dublin

Creativity is a messy curiousty. It drives innovation. Everything is a creative process or can be.

My answer OP. Creativity is alive and kicking. It's everywhere.

By *astelloWoman
32 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

I do feel that creativity has stagnated a bit. Youth are becoming homogeneous as no one wants to be an outlier. The ability to obtain information at a click of a button stops real cerebral processing.

Everyday l say "Think creatively" yet it's a Chatgpt answer or AI doing the creativity.

By *og-ManMan
32 weeks ago

somewhere

Are influencers creative

32 weeks ago

kinkytown

"Are influencers creative "

I would say some are. There's an American one (sofiaspams) I followed whose photography is brilliant. Didn't realise she was an influencer till later on.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
32 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

"Are influencers creative "

Some are. Others are just copying what they see others do

By *ungry CatCouple
32 weeks ago

Belfast

What an interesting post.

We see and do creative things almost daily.

Be it art, music, food, work... everything must have a creative and adventurous flair in it.

By *etergemmaCouple
32 weeks ago

South Dublin Area

A privilege to be there

Have a read ..... "

Want need a cuppa for that read

By *og-ManMan
32 weeks ago

somewhere

Can I also say and this is not lick arseing

The event and social organisers are very creative......especially with the reasons why 100 fabbers are meeting in a hotel

I've been to so many college reunions and I never even did my leaving cert

By *ofusplusCouple
32 weeks ago

Limerick

"Can I also say and this is not lick arseing

The event and social organisers are very creative......especially with the reasons why 100 fabbers are meeting in a hotel

I've been to so many college reunions and I never even did my leaving cert "

We've attended so many 50ths now I've lost count

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS
32 weeks ago

Dublin

"When was the last time you heard or saw something creative? Whether it be an insult, a costume, a movie, whatever sure. "

I went to a Goth festival (WGT - Wave Gotik Treffen) in Germany in summer.

Now there's a place to see creativity in action with outfits, make up and music

32 weeks ago

kinkytown

"When was the last time you heard or saw something creative? Whether it be an insult, a costume, a movie, whatever sure.

Now there's a place to see creativity in action with outfits, make up and music "

I've seen pictures of that festival. Seriously amazing outfits and music

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS
32 weeks ago

Dublin

"When was the last time you heard or saw something creative? Whether it be an insult, a costume, a movie, whatever sure.

Now there's a place to see creativity in action with outfits, make up and music

I've seen pictures of that festival. Seriously amazing outfits and music"

It's class. I'm going again next year!

By *eijaWoman
32 weeks ago

City Centre

I go to stuff all the time...theatre, music, art and dance. We are so lucky in Ireland to have many creative minds and events.

This month I'm seeing the Andy Warhol exhibition in the Hugh Lane Gallery and Sasha & Dig at Index.

The highlight of my last two Summers however was Sonar in Barcelona - the best music, art and technology all in one place...unreal...roll on next year!!

Oh and creative people on here has to go to my friend Miss RosyRedLips - her bio and humourous posts on Forums always put a smile on my face

B x

By *ichael McCarthyMan
32 weeks ago

Lucan

Even politicians in Ireland display creativity at times, none moreso than Bertie Ahern When he came up with numerous unlikely scenarios for where the money that was resting in his account came from. "I won it on the horses"

By *electableicecreamMan
32 weeks ago

The West

"Can I also say and this is not lick arseing

I've been to so many college reunions and I never even did my leaving cert "

Mine is going to be a crocheting event

By *oo32Man
32 weeks ago

tipperary

Today on audible,i saw a homemade card yeaterday,it's def not dead,

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple
32 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

All creativity is guided by the hand of God, whose omnipresence always has been, and always will.

His creativity never weans.

By (user no longer on site)
32 weeks ago

Boredom and necessity..

Either will get you creative

By *ickin2Man
32 weeks ago

Kilkenny

Necessity is the mother of invention so they say

By *oo32Man
32 weeks ago

tipperary

"All creativity is guided by the hand of God, whose omnipresence always has been, and always will.

His creativity never weans. "

Which God is that?our one?or one of the others...was he omnipresent when years and years of abuse happened here and everywhere else...or is he just the creative part of things?is he still around when people die in their hundreds and thousands of famine...war..suicide...murder...Cancer

Or one of the other gods...

Maybe it's the one that's causing all the unrest in the middle east

It could be the one that's the small lad the Buddhists admire...he seems alright...

Tho I'm starting to think it's the first one I thought of...the one the guy in the dress and sometimes the pointy hat talks about on sat and Sunday,

Don't worry if there's a hell I'll be going there....

The guy down there only does orgies and death metal

that sounds a lot better than all the other stuff (the famine and war and the sick and murder) gods omnipresent will

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple
32 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

"All creativity is guided by the hand of God, whose omnipresence always has been, and always will.

Which God is that?our one?or one of the others...was he omnipresent when years and years of abuse happened here and everywhere else...or is he just the creative part of things?is he still around when people die in their hundreds and thousands of famine...war..suicide...murder...Cancer

It could be the one that's the small lad the Buddhists admire...he seems alright...

Tho I'm starting to think it's the first one I thought of...the one the guy in the dress and sometimes the pointy hat talks about on sat and Sunday,

that sounds a lot better than all the other stuff (the famine and war and the sick and murder) gods omnipresent will

"

I can tell by the symbol of Christ on your chest that you too are a devoted follower of the Church. Live long brother, and let God flow through you.

By *oo32Man
32 weeks ago

tipperary

I can tell by the symbol of Christ on your chest that you too are a devoted follower of the Church. Live long brother, and let God flow through you. "

I'd rather nail my nut sack to said cross

By *og-ManMan
32 weeks ago

somewhere

You win the internet today

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
32 weeks ago

RIP Maradona….

By *ofusplusCouple
32 weeks ago

Limerick

Did you copy that from Reddit as well

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple
32 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

Did you copy that from Reddit as well "

Heyyy, I'll have you know I'm a very creative person!

By *og-ManMan
32 weeks ago

somewhere

Heyyy, I'll have you know I'm a very creative person!"

Copy and paste counts

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple
32 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

Heyyy, I'll have you know I'm a very creative person!

Copy and paste counts "

[ChatGPT 3.5]

It's challenging to make a definitive statement about the overall trend in human creativity. People continue to produce innovative work in various fields, but societal changes, technology, and other factors can influence how creativity is expressed. Some argue that certain aspects of creativity may be impacted by factors like increased screen time or standardized education, while others highlight the positive impact of technology on creative collaboration and expression. It's a complex and debated topic without a clear consensus.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
32 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Amen

Post new Message to Thread