Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Fading looks

Jump to newest

By *astello OP   Woman
47 weeks ago

Far far away

With the usage of filters, botox and other facial or body enhancements. Do people worry about age and growing and looking old!

Are you an embrace or race away from age changes.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aucyladMan
47 weeks ago

Dublin

It is what it is, I do think we can reduce our risks healthwise by taking better choices, but looks wise we grow old gracefully or intervene with fakeness. I don't like putting too much onus on looks and like to think a personality has an important part to play. We can't stop aging, embrace it I say. Yes we can mask some of it such as makeup, but the fillers,and implants I'm not in a position to comment on. All I know is that people are looking better now than ever because we are more conscious and self aware of ourselves than perhaps previously.

By *xcited And CuriousCouple
46 weeks ago

Dublin

Mr here (55 yo)...

The older we get, the more negative the impact of all the usual stuff has on how we look.

A beer belly and a life-time smoker's wheeze aren't going to do a 50 year-old man any favours...

A trim or even lean physique (not necessarily gym-body), a bit of care in how we dress, and some basic grooming can make all the difference for an older man.

Once our appearance has attracted some interest, obviously then it's down to our personality, wit, charm, humour, sincerity, divilment / playfulness, self-confidence, etc., whether we can retain that interest.

I personally prefer how I looked when I was 26, but I can't change time... P (Mrs) seems to find me attractive, and I certainly find her very attractive. Neither of us are in amazing shape, but neither are doing too bad at our age.

But P's sex-appeal, X-Factor, pheromones, whatever, really have a huge affect on me, independent of her looks.

Both OK with how we've aged, but could each do with some minor improvements...

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
46 weeks ago

ireland

We re growing old disgracefully,we still find each other attractive no matter what anyone else thinks. Would never go down the route of botox etc ,would rather spend our money on a nice holiday tbh .

By (user no longer on site)
46 weeks ago

Hair gone since 2010, beard since 2015 which is getting decidedly more salt n pepper with every passing day.

Ultimately it is what it is, can't beat the clock so may as well get on with it and enjoy life rather than get bogged down with it.

By *adger BrocMan
46 weeks ago

Co. Cork

As someone who has seen my boyish good looks fade gradually over the years, hair recede and what remains turn grey, and waistline expand I know only too well one cannot hold back the march of time.

But for all that I have lost I have gained the confidence that only the wisdom of age can bring.

I have also achieved the freedom to embrace the changes and enjoy the ride wherever it takes me whenever it comes my way.

It saddens me to see younger people going through the suffering and stress that normal life brings but which I no longer have to endure.

"Aging is not 'lost youth' but a new stage of opportunity and strength."

Get out into nature where there are no mirrors to reflect the passage of time only the movement of the sun towards its setting with the promise of bright new tomorrows to enjoy.

Living the dream.

PS. Watch out for an upcoming post on a fab hillwalking group.

By *og-ManMan
46 weeks ago

somewhere

Each to their own and I'm the age on my profile and I'm never going to lie about it

I don't see any harm if someone needs to use botox or a hair transplant or an operation to lose weight ....but I am amazed on here by some men who's age has gone down since I joined 5 years ago

Why bother

By *orYourThighsOnlyMan
46 weeks ago

Midlands

"Hair gone since 2010, beard since 2015 which is getting decidedly more salt n pepper with every passing day.

Ultimately it is what it is, can't beat the clock so may as well get on with it and enjoy life rather than get bogged down with it. "

Fact. Unfortunately aging is ahead of everyone from the cradle to the grave. Modern technology, medicine, nutrition supplements etc all can help with the ailments of aging but ultimately time catches up with us all and we’ve to play the hand we’re dealt.

As far as Botox, hair replacement etc do what makes you more comfortable and confident with the medical toolkit available if necessary. But gaining more and more fat in the body with aging is counterproductive and exercise, diet and blood work can help along with corrective measures.

As far as selfies and photo filters etc. I dread the sight of them. I was told my pics could be filtered to remove lines, remodel hairline etc. but what’s the point. Ugly is ugly.

If I want to be better looking, I hang around with uglier people Lol.

When I was born my mother wouldn’t even breastfeed me, she liked me more as a friend. lol.

The cat used to cover me up with kitty litter. lol.

By *rish_GuyMan
46 weeks ago

Foxford

Personally, getting older or whatever you want to call it doesn't bother me. I try it, not to anyway's. Even when I could see I was losing my hair & I'd get my hair cut I'd say it's going anyway's. There's nothing I could or would do about it. If I don't shave for a few days, grey starts to come out through the stubble, there's nothing I can, could or want to do about that either. If grey hair is appearing anywhere on me, I'm not going to change it, even if I can.

Body/ weight wise I'm in better shape,thinner now, then I was in my twenties. I'll look into trying to keep it like that, going forward. In other words there's not alot I can or will do my age & look's, as I get older, be that on here or in the normal world. Just like, if nothing happens for me on here, it'll be fine, I'll move on with my life.

I've alot of other thing's I need to work on & is more important to me personally.

That said, anybody that wants to have an operation for whatever reason or use botox, that's up to them, not me.

By *elfastDMan
46 weeks ago

belfast

I’m growing old and enjoying the change, you should join the club Costello and enjoy us older men as we mature and enjoy the change

By *dfabMan
46 weeks ago

Dunboyne

I am what I am.

Can't change it

By *ealitybitesMan
46 weeks ago

Belfast

Can't say I embrace it but I'm almost 5 years older than my father was when he passed away 36 years ago.

Back then people looked older than they do now.

I try to keep fit and healthy even if the second part has eluded me the last couple of years.

I understand why some people decide to go under the knife but it wouldn't be something I would consider.

I was offered Botox years ago but as a solution to a damaged facial nerve rather than a cosmetic option and I turned it down probably with the same mindset I've always had for never touching alcohol, dr*gs or even smoking.

I've seen up close what 2 of those did to a previous generation and why they didn't make it out of their 50s so I'm hoping to buck the trend.

By *lorentino ArizaMan
46 weeks ago

Killarney

"...men blossomed in a kind of autumnal youth, they seemed more dignified with their first gray hairs, they became witty and seductive, above all in the eyes of young women, while their withered wives had to clutch at their arms so as not to trip over their own shadows. A few years later, however, the husbands fell without warning down the precipice of a humiliating aging in body and soul, and then it was their wives who recovered and had to lead them by the arm as if they were blind men on charity"

-Gabrielle García Márquez

By *astello OP   Woman
46 weeks ago

Far far away

Thanks everyone for their very considered and thoughtful posts.

As someone facing into the mid century mark, the psychology of aging is fascinating and those that have contributed are embracing with aplomb.

I fear though that the outside of fab world, the advancing of time is a far more threatening process.

By *adger BrocMan
46 weeks ago

Co. Cork

While the OP is female, and a very beautiful one indeed if I may say so, it is notable that it is almost totally men who have posted on this thread. And most are of an older vintage.

Are younger fabbers of both sexes, and females in particular, totally unconcerned by the changes the passage of time inevitably brings, are they too scared to consider the prospect or have they supped from the fountain of eternal youth. If so please let us know the source of such a wonderful, time suspending, elixir.

By *chochamberWoman
46 weeks ago

Limerick

At 44, I think I m holding my own, I ld hate to lose my curves. I like living in a feminine body and the attention an hourglass figure triggers.

I think it's important to keep our hair coiffed, and bodies relatively healthy. Other than that it's about enjoying life, there have been times when I havnt felt physically vivacious and I ve had to drag myself out of bed. During that time I ld say to myself, "the day will come when you ll beg to feel this fucking good", and it's true, if we have our health, we can work on everything else.

46 weeks ago

"While the OP is female, and a very beautiful one indeed if I may say so, it is notable that it is almost totally men who have posted on this thread. And most are of an older vintage.

Are younger fabbers of both sexes, and females in particular, totally unconcerned by the changes the passage of time inevitably brings, are they too scared to consider the prospect or have they supped from the fountain of eternal youth. If so please let us know the source of such a wonderful, time suspending, elixir."

Badger for me personally aging is gonna come to all of us no matter what.

You can go out there and spend your hard earned cash on all these potions but it won’t stop it.

Good diet not smoking cutting out drinking exercising. Eliminating unnecessary stress from your life can help immensely with one having healthier looking skin as so to say. All these things are free and would have a much better impact on your life. Then throwing on a 400 euro moisturiser on your face everyday.

As for Botox/filler it should be restricted to the 50 plus market.

Why people in their late 30’s (some younger even) early 40’s feel the need to pump their face is madness. Embrace who you are is what I say

By *adger BrocMan
46 weeks ago

Co. Cork

One of the few positive things to come out of the Covid pandemic was the mumber of people who started to get out and exercise more and the number of ladies who stopped dyeing their hair in favour of a more "natural beauty" look.

It's the cut not the colour that makes it stylish.

Embrace the grey. After all there are 50 shades.

By *electableicecreamMan
46 weeks ago

The West

I'm turning 43 tomorrow and I have to say I'm very happy with my whole self.

I grew up fit as a fiddle and got used to being in very good shape. When I turned forty life happened and I put on a few stone. I took it pretty hard having to buy a whole new wardrobe.

These days I've settled into my natural weight. I'm not ripped or gym fit but it doesn't seem to matter anymore.

I feel lucky to be happy in my own skin. I still have all my own hair and I like the grey appearing in my beard.

I do look after myself and personal grooming is something I enjoy more and more.

All in all I'm looking forward the next decade.

By *chochamberWoman
46 weeks ago

Limerick

Happy birthday xx

By *ildarekinkstersCouple
46 weeks ago

kinkytown

I have had botox and fillers and will continue to get as I grow older. Its very minute tweaks that make me happy, I'm more confident as a result. Could not give a fiddlers what other people do as its each to their own at the end of the day and once the person is happy, anyone with a judgement over it could shove it

By *chochamberWoman
46 weeks ago

Limerick

Agree, shove the judgment up yer Jacksies, x

By *ickin2Man
46 weeks ago

Kilkenny

It's what's inside that really matters.

Age is just a number

By *itlbeeCouple
46 weeks ago

Ireland

I think all women worry about this.

I'm younger than many on Fab and I still worry a lot as I see the signs of getting older start to appear.

Media doesn't help as literally every older celebrity has some Botox or other intervention, skewing what we expect as we age.

One of the few advantages of disproportionate ratio of men to women on here, is that we'll always find someone interested no matter what we look like.

But I think it gets to us all, the majority of pictures on here are of women too, so it's very hard not to compare yourself to other women.

By *chochamberWoman
46 weeks ago

Limerick

Comparison is the thief of joy, honestly it's so unhealthy for any of us to benchmark ourselves against other people. It's not a competition, we need to nurture ourselves.

By *oxxxVixenCouple
46 weeks ago

Tipp, Clare,

Some things are meant to be flawed, therein lies the beauty

By *airlySound007Man
46 weeks ago

Dublin

Really interesting thread! From a man's perspective I find that older men and women have the confidence and freedom of being comfortable in their own skin and knowing what they like/want. That in of itself oozes sex appeal. And sex appeal tips the scale over looks for me personally.

I'm embracing my emerging grey hairs but I'm also conscious of keeping myself fit & healthy for as long as I can.

Longevity over vanity

By *ommando4Man
46 weeks ago

South Co. Dublin

Well over 50 myself so cant mail most people due to their filters. I look at it as their loss rather than mine as I'm fitter and a far better lover now than in my early forties. I plan to continue to age disgracefully.

By *igger68Man
46 weeks ago

Ask

Pmsl never had the looks anyways so just growing old disgracefully

46 weeks ago

"Pmsl never had the looks anyways so just growing old disgracefully "

Digger your a handsome fecker

By *igger68Man
46 weeks ago

Ask

"Pmsl never had the looks anyways so just growing old disgracefully

Digger your a handsome fecker "

I wish

By *ofusplusCouple
46 weeks ago

Limerick

It's quite different ageing as a man and ageing as a woman. Society views women as 'past their best' much younger than it does men and some men look better the older they get.

I have no interest in Botox but I have found a really nice foundation by Charlotte Tilbury (I think its called 'Beautiful face') which sinks in really nicely and looks great. Mrs.

By *adger BrocMan
46 weeks ago

Co. Cork

"It's quite different ageing as a man and ageing as a woman. Society views women as 'past their best' much younger than it does men and some men look better the older they get.

I have no interest in Botox but I have found a really nice foundation by Charlotte Tilbury (I think its called 'Beautiful face') which sinks in really nicely and looks great. Mrs."

I have to disagree.

Most areas of society put much more value on age and experience than the fickle flashy flaunting of youthful exuberance.

Beauty and good looks are not the sole preserve of younger people and lack of life experience often leads to shallowness in terms of personality.

Beauty is indeed more than skin deep and there is often much more beauty hidden among those wrinkles than behind the clear complexion of youth which may have very little of any substance beneath its blemish free exterior.

By *ommando4Man
46 weeks ago

South Co. Dublin

"It's quite different ageing as a man and ageing as a woman. Society views women as 'past their best' much younger than it does men and some men look better the older they get.

I have no interest in Botox but I have found a really nice foundation by Charlotte Tilbury (I think its called 'Beautiful face') which sinks in really nicely and looks great. Mrs.

I have to disagree.

Most areas of society put much more value on age and experience than the fickle flashy flaunting of youthful exuberance.

Beauty and good looks are not the sole preserve of younger people and lack of life experience often leads to shallowness in terms of personality.

Beauty is indeed more than skin deep and there is often much more beauty hidden among those wrinkles than behind the clear complexion of youth which may have very little of any substance beneath its blemish free exterior. "

Sounds like an add for Dulux Weathershield

By *igger68Man
46 weeks ago

Ask

I have to disagree.

Beauty is indeed more than skin deep and there is often much more beauty hidden among those wrinkles than behind the clear complexion of youth which may have very little of any substance beneath its blemish free exterior.

Sounds like an add for Dulux Weathershield"

I swear I saw the sheepdog

By *adger BrocMan
46 weeks ago

Co. Cork

An "Old" English Sheepdog.

Very appropriate.

46 weeks ago

A lady told me recently that when she reached a certain age she felt she became invisible’. That really struck me.

By *DSGCouple
46 weeks ago

That place in

I'm old,I hace winkles,gray hair and curves do I care,no!

MD on the other hand is just perfect

By *aelegoMan
46 weeks ago

Limerick

Looks get less important as you get older no? If you're around people who focus on conventional looks too much then you're around the wrong people surely

By *ofusplusCouple
46 weeks ago

Limerick

"A lady told me recently that when she reached a certain age she felt she became invisible’. That really struck me. "

That's only in her own head. Tell her to join Fab for a quick mindset change

By *ickin2Man
46 weeks ago

Kilkenny

Your health is the most important thing regardless of your age

Confident in your own skin

Confident and comfortable in what you are wearing

Respect and good manners go along way.

I'm at the wrong side of the speed limit for most ladies on here. Enjoying my time on here and that's all that matters

By *adger BrocMan
46 weeks ago

Co. Cork

"A lady told me recently that when she reached a certain age she felt she became invisible’. That really struck me.

That's only in her own head. Tell her to join Fab for a quick mindset change "

Again I am sorry to have to disagree with you. The majority of fab profiles will have mid 50's set as their preferred maximum age limit....and yes, they are absolutely entitled to set such a limit if they so wish. Anyone over that age is consigned to obscurity as far as those fabbers are concerned. So joining fab could in fact make one feel even more invisible than in normal society where people are at least obliged to interact with you in work, family, retail, community and other situations.

If someone is feeling vulnerable by virtue of their age seemingly making them invisible then fab is certainly not the place to seek solice.

By *electableicecreamMan
46 weeks ago

The West

"A lady told me recently that when she reached a certain age she felt she became invisible’. That really struck me.

Again I am sorry to have to disagree with you. The majority of fab profiles will have mid 50's set as their preferred maximum age limit....and yes, they are absolutely entitled to set such a limit if they so wish. Anyone over that age is consigned to obscurity as far as those fabbers are concerned. So joining fab could in fact make one feel even more invisible than in normal society where people are at least obliged to interact with you in work, family, retail, community and other situations.

If someone is feeling vulnerable by virtue of their age seemingly making them invisible then fab is certainly not the place to seek solice.

"

I feel like what your saying there is at odds with the number of verifications you have and who you have then from.

By *ustBoWoman
46 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I embrace it no point in running away from what I can't change

By *ofusplusCouple
46 weeks ago

Limerick

"

You are speaking very much from a man's point of view

By *allyWally19Woman
46 weeks ago

The Road to Nowhere

"With the usage of filters, botox and other facial or body enhancements. Do people worry about age and growing and looking old!

Are you an embrace or race away from age changes.

"

I absolutely used to be concerned with growing old/looking my age etc. Now, I feel I embrace it. I joke & kid saying my 28 but I whole heartedly know my face & the way my body feels at times, tells the truth. I enhace what I gots with make up of course but honestly? I want to grow old disgracefully & enjoy myself as I go Right now, that's my main concern

46 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 12/11/23 21:41:04]

46 weeks ago

You are speaking very much from a man's point of view "

I don't know if he is or not!

I'm honest about my age (62) and been on Fab in my 50's and had a great time but I do have to agree that Fab is certainly different for a female in the older age group than younger.

I have heard men say that once you are late 50's and older you are out of most womens stated age range, well the same can be said for older females. Unless, of course, the males state up to 99, which to me is just looking a pulse ( sorry guys!)

I have very tight filters and tbh generally have my profile hidden as not interested in meeting anyone.

So yes, Fab can be lonely for any age, but for a woman joining Fab if over 60, with no experience of the site, it could well effect their confidence.

46 weeks ago

In answer to the original post, no I would never be tempted to get bottox or any surgery. I know people who have and fair play as it was what they wanted and made them feel better about themselves.

I am happy with me as I am

46 weeks ago

I'm proud of my droopy boobs and wrinkly arse lol .. even if I had the money I wouldn't change anything.. keep it real not keen on fake

46 weeks ago

Couldn't be arsed. It's nature. Let it happen.

By *ickin2Man
46 weeks ago

Kilkenny

"I'm proud of my droopy boobs and wrinkly arse lol .. even if I had the money I wouldn't change anything.. keep it real not keen on fake "

Delicious honesty

By *erry cMan
46 weeks ago

Longford westmeath

"I'm proud of my droopy boobs and wrinkly arse lol .. even if I had the money I wouldn't change anything.. keep it real not keen on fake "
Love the pics fair play fab

46 weeks ago

my photos are crap and my face ones aren't great either. zero filters either. I always enjoy being told I'm far better looking in real life.

By *adforit1304Man
46 weeks ago

Limerick/Clare

What you see is what you get

By *adger BrocMan
46 weeks ago

Co. Cork

I feel like what your saying there is at odds with the number of verifications you have and who you have then from."

If I were 15 or 20 years younger I would probably have a lot more verifications and from an even younger cohort of fabbers.

But yes....I do quite well, thank you very much, for someone who is literally "grey as a badger. Hard work always brings its own reward.

My verifications are perhaps proof that age does bring confidence and a certain level of charm which some people find attractive.

And persistence does pay off...eventually.

By *adger BrocMan
46 weeks ago

Co. Cork

You are speaking very much from a man's point of view "

Absolutely, as my only experience on fab and in life in general, is from a male perspective. But there are elements of growing old which are common to both males and females and the feeling of being pushed aside and ignored by younger folk is I believe common to both sexes.

And I think from other comments on here my opinions are valid and shouldn't be dismissed by a "pain of childbirth versus a kick in the testicles" style argument.

It is possible for mature openminded men to understand the female psyche and empathize with the female condition and vice versa.

By *ealitybitesMan
46 weeks ago

Belfast

Have to say I completely disagree with the idea of joining fab to become visible.

I've spoken to lots of women over the years who are no longer here because they were made to feel invisible. Those were their exact words.

I remember one of them saying that there is a big different between attention and visibility.

They got attention simply because they were a woman but remained invisible as an individual.

Some struggled with the fact that people, including other women and especially couples were only interested in an older woman.

They weren't interested in her at all, just the idea of her.

I've said many times on here that I felt invisible for most of my life but that changed a couple of years before joining here and was one of the reasons I joined.

If I had joined while still feeling invisible I wouldn't be here now because whatever tiny degree of confidence I had back then would have been shredded completely.

I'll still take invisibility over fake and shallow attention though.

By *eijaWoman
46 weeks ago

City Centre

"Have to say I completely disagree with the idea of joining fab to become visible.

I've spoken to lots of women over the years who are no longer here because they were made to feel invisible. Those were their exact words.

I remember one of them saying that there is a big different between attention and visibility.

They got attention simply because they were a woman but remained invisible as an individual.

Some struggled with the fact that people, including other women and especially couples were only interested in an older woman.

They weren't interested in her at all, just the idea of her.

I've said many times on here that I felt invisible for most of my life but that changed a couple of years before joining here and was one of the reasons I joined.

If I had joined while still feeling invisible I wouldn't be here now because whatever tiny degree of confidence I had back then would have been shredded completely.

I'll still take invisibility over fake and shallow attention though.

"

Well said RB I totally agree. You definitely need to be in the right frame of mind for here. I have discussed this on many occasions with my friends. Fab is certainly not the place to be if you do not love yourself or are not comfortable in your own skin.

No one ever believes my age and I'm definitely aging disgracefully. You only live once

B x

By *immmy2023Man
46 weeks ago

Monaghan

Im 65 and Im enjoying this time in my life, "getting old is a pleasure denied to many"

I've still got my teeth, I've a full head of hair which is very long tied back, and I keep reasonably healthy.

I'm also very sexually active. Life's good x

Post new Message to Thread