Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

New car prices

Jump to newest

By *ovemberguy2018 OP   Man
34 weeks ago

kilkenny

Just pricing changing to a 241 plate . Have gotten a ball park figure from a few dealers there all in around the same. Just wondering how much wiggle room is there or are they willing to drop to get a deal over the line.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ingerNNutsCouple
34 weeks ago

dublin

I’ve never had a dealer drop their price when buying a brand new car. We looked at a hybrid recently and there’s currently a waitlist until April…not sure buyers have the upper hand with them atm. Only wiggle room we’ve ever been able to manage with new cars is trade in pricing. Good luck

34 weeks ago

kilkenny

Apologies yea I meant the trade in price. Somebody said there first offer they go in hard and try ride you on the trade in. They catch you every way

By *orYourThighsOnlyMan
34 weeks ago

Midlands

Hear there’s little wiggle room in brand new ones but there is in extras like draw bar, roof rack, customising etc.

More wiggle room in second hand ones but too a point. Market is strong so prices are strong.

By *ublustMan
34 weeks ago

Dublin

Sold privately and got a decent discount on a new car in July. Deals are out there if you're flexible on the exact model.

By *leasurer77Man
34 weeks ago

Athlone

"Apologies yea I meant the trade in price. Somebody said there first offer they go in hard and try ride you on the trade in. They catch you every way "

Put your own car on one of the car selling sites. Last year I was buying a car and got a quote of 18k including trade in. I put my own car on Dd and got 5500 for it. Went back to the dealer and bought the other car for 20500.

By *exesrangerMan
34 weeks ago

city

"I’ve never had a dealer drop their price when buying a brand new car. We looked at a hybrid recently and there’s currently a waitlist until April…not sure buyers have the upper hand with them atm. Only wiggle room we’ve ever been able to manage with new cars is trade in pricing. Good luck"

Jaysus don't buy a hybrid

34 weeks ago

kilkenny

Texas

Would you not recommend ??

By *exesrangerMan
34 weeks ago

city

"Texas

Would you not recommend ??"

No I wouldn't. Not at this point anyway. If only doing short runs around town then maybe but even then if be hard pressed to buy a hybrid. Why carry a big heavy engine and a pile of batteries around as well? Those yolks drink petrol when it in the open road. Second hard market for full electric is pretty good tbf

By * la carteCouple
34 weeks ago

Dublin

"Texas

Would you not recommend ??

No I wouldn't. Not at this point anyway. If only doing short runs around town then maybe but even then if be hard pressed to buy a hybrid. Why carry a big heavy engine and a pile of batteries around as well? Those yolks drink petrol when it in the open road. Second hard market for full electric is pretty good tbf"

There are different types of hybrid - it's really important to differentiate here!

I drive a hybrid which can't be plugged in and actually runs on petrol. The battery is self charging, using the onboard fuel. I get between 5.5 - 6 liters per 100km in a 1.6 liter petrol engine which I find quite efficient compared to when I drove a 1 liter Polo which used that.

I'd never buy a plug in though!

By *anifestoMan
34 weeks ago

dublin

I bit the bullet and got an ID4 coming in January. No more 1.83 a litre of diesel!

By *nnetteTV/TS
34 weeks ago

Enniscorthy

Have a Suzuki Swace hybrid (google it, same as Toyota Corolla touring estate), self charging, 1.8 petrol, automatic, huge boot, great comfort, 24.6 km per litre, 46,000km up, changing next year to same.

By *exesrangerMan
34 weeks ago

city

"I bit the bullet and got an ID4 coming in January. No more 1.83 a litre of diesel! "

You can point and laugh at the petrol stations as you pass them

By (user no longer on site)
34 weeks ago

I drive a Toyota self charging hybrid , fuel economy is very good , id never switch back now honestly

By (user no longer on site)
34 weeks ago

Who buys new!! Depreciation is massive

Post new Message to Thread