Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Best time on fab

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
34 weeks ago

When is the best time to be on fab, would there be more going on in the run up to Xmas now that ppl will be out more and summer holidays are over/kids back to school??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rishhotwifeyCouple
34 weeks ago

dublin

I’d say less around Christmas but I mean depends I think it’s always busy

34 weeks ago

Everyone not a bit more frisky during silly-season?

By (user no longer on site)
34 weeks ago

I don't think there is a best or a worse time to be on fab .. just enjoy your fab Journey.. the more you interact on the forums the more people will get to know your personality,

34 weeks ago

And try not to look or sound like a gobshite…….it’s what I try to do everyday

34 weeks ago

"And try not to look or sound like a gobshite…….it’s what I try to do everyday "

Good on ya

By *erry cMan
34 weeks ago

Longford westmeath

"And try not to look or sound like a gobshite…….it’s what I try to do everyday

Good on ya "

u doing a good job

34 weeks ago

"When is the best time to be on fab, would there be more going on in the run up to Xmas now that ppl will be out more and summer holidays are over/kids back to school??"

You would think so! I am not sure on this site fab! So dead here

34 weeks ago

Surely once Xmas party season kicks off, everyone has a glint in their eye then

By *og-ManMan
34 weeks ago

somewhere

Its also the most expensive time of the year for those with families so things quieten down anyway

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
34 weeks ago

Tipperary

Forums are totally different now to when I was first on fab.

By *rRiosMan
34 weeks ago

Dublin

"Forums are totally different now to when I was first on fab. "
genuine question, in what way? How long are you on fab?

By *XlalaXXWoman
34 weeks ago

tipperary

Aww r u new ? 1st time on here ?

By *rRiosMan
34 weeks ago

Dublin

"Aww r u new ? 1st time on here ? "
Yes and yes, will you take me by the hand and show me the lay of the land?

34 weeks ago

Tipperary

"Forums are totally different now to when I was first on fab. genuine question, in what way? How long are you on fab? "
first time here years ago. Way more interaction on forums, craic on threads /banter etc. like with anything though, people leave and new join.

By *erry cMan
34 weeks ago

Longford westmeath

First time here a whole new experience for me don't have a clue about it trying to figure it out

By *ichael McCarthyMan
34 weeks ago

Lucan

"Forums are totally different now to when I was first on fab. genuine question, in what way? How long are you on fab? first time here years ago. Way more interaction on forums, craic on threads /banter etc. like with anything though, people leave and new join. "

It's sterile now compared to what it used to be like. Maybe it's better but it used to be great craic with all the rows and ructions.

34 weeks ago

Tipperary

"Forums are totally different now to when I was first on fab. genuine question, in what way? How long are you on fab? first time here years ago. Way more interaction on forums, craic on threads /banter etc. like with anything though, people leave and new join.

It's sterile now compared to what it used to be like. Maybe it's better but it used to be great craic with all the rows and ructions. "

most deffo. I can’t remember the name of the lad who used bother a few.

By *og-ManMan
34 weeks ago

somewhere

"Forums are totally different now to when I was first on fab. genuine question, in what way? How long are you on fab? first time here years ago. Way more interaction on forums, craic on threads /banter etc. like with anything though, people leave and new join.

It's sterile now compared to what it used to be like. Maybe it's better but it used to be great craic with all the rows and ructions. "

Did forum bans happen in those days at all

By *ichael McCarthyMan
34 weeks ago

Lucan

It's sterile now compared to what it used to be like. Maybe it's better but it used to be great craic with all the rows and ructions. most deffo. I can’t remember the name of the lad who used bother a few. "

What's that Michael Jackson song again, something to do with a man in the mirror?

Jaysus, there was a woman from Tipp who used to go mental as well. Hilarious stuff. Then there was a few mass invasions of the UK forum to take the piss out of them. That wasn't popular with the gods though.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
34 weeks ago

Lucan

It's sterile now compared to what it used to be like. Maybe it's better but it used to be great craic with all the rows and ructions.

Did forum bans happen in those days at all "

Constantly. One of my early ones was for writing a thank you as Gaeilge... "we won't be having any of those foreign languages here mate" was pretty much the explanation.

34 weeks ago

Tipperary

It's sterile now compared to what it used to be like. Maybe it's better but it used to be great craic with all the rows and ructions. most deffo. I can’t remember the name of the lad who used bother a few.

What's that Michael Jackson song again, something to do with a man in the mirror?

Jaysus, there was a woman from Tipp who used to go mental as well. Hilarious stuff. Then there was a few mass invasions of the UK forum to take the piss out of them. That wasn't popular with the gods though. "

ah the forums are not the same as that at all now. You get banned over nothing on here, playground stuff or maybe its others reporting, I don’t know.

By *ayarMan
34 weeks ago

Wirral

"Forums are totally different now to when I was first on fab. genuine question, in what way? How long are you on fab? first time here years ago. Way more interaction on forums, craic on threads /banter etc. like with anything though, people leave and new join. "

World has changed massively in the last 10 years even, social media has meant less face to face interaction. Currently seems to be a media led campaign to divide everybody based on colour, creed, sexuality, you name it they want you to hate them or pick sides.. strange times

By *ichael McCarthyMan
34 weeks ago

Lucan

It's sterile now compared to what it used to be like. Maybe it's better but it used to be great craic with all the rows and ructions. most deffo. I can’t remember the name of the lad who used bother a few.

Jaysus, there was a woman from Tipp who used to go mental as well. Hilarious stuff. Then there was a few mass invasions of the UK forum to take the piss out of them. That wasn't popular with the gods though. ah the forums are not the same as that at all now. You get banned over nothing on here, playground stuff or maybe its others reporting, I don’t know. "

You can't even criticise anyone or anything now without having a pile on. The white knighting still goes on all over the place but it rarely gets mentioned now.

By *0emMan
34 weeks ago

My Town

Best time is when you chat with someone who’s interested in the same things you are though im not here long enough to be an expert on anything just mind the weirdos!

34 weeks ago

Tipperary

Jaysus, there was a woman from Tipp who used to go mental as well. Hilarious stuff. Then there was a few mass invasions of the UK forum to take the piss out of them. That wasn't popular with the gods though. ah the forums are not the same as that at all now. You get banned over nothing on here, playground stuff or maybe its others reporting, I don’t know.

You can't even criticise anyone or anything now without having a pile on. The white knighting still goes on all over the place but it rarely gets mentioned now. "

I must get that lad who used say what he thinks back on here. Think I have a contact for him

By *ealitybitesMan
34 weeks ago

Belfast

I log in early morning and evening and a few times in between.

Maybe 10 times a day but never for more than 5 mins each time so less than an hour in total.

No matter what time of day or night I log in, the same people are there starting threads or commenting on others and I genuinely have no idea where they get the time.

It's not as if they are popping in and out like I am because they are having full scale conversations or disagreements and are on almost every thread I open.

To answer the OP, I haven't a clue what the best time to be on is because I only use the forums and don't look at anything else so my view of the site and it's busy times are influenced by forum activity.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
34 weeks ago

Lucan

Jaysus, there was a woman from Tipp who used to go mental as well. Hilarious stuff. Then there was a few mass invasions of the UK forum to take the piss out of them. That wasn't popular with the gods though. ah the forums are not the same as that at all now. You get banned over nothing on here, playground stuff or maybe its others reporting, I don’t know.

You can't even criticise anyone or anything now without having a pile on. The white knighting still goes on all over the place but it rarely gets mentioned now. I must get that lad who used say what he thinks back on here. Think I have a contact for him "

From memory, I think he had a tendency to say less what he felt himself, and more what he thought might irritate certain others. It was entertainment all the same

By *ealitybitesMan
34 weeks ago

Belfast

You can't even criticise anyone or anything now without having a pile on. The white knighting still goes on all over the place but it rarely gets mentioned now. I must get that lad who used say what he thinks back on here. Think I have a contact for him

From memory, I think he had a tendency to say less what he felt himself, and more what he thought might irritate certain others. It was entertainment all the same "

Somebody from the old days was on here last year and started a thread having a crazy Sunday morning rant at someone.

I'd never heard of her and hadn't a clue who she was but others seemed to know.

For some unknown reason because she spelt a few words wrong, people were reading things into it and I started getting messages from others asking if it was me she was having a go at and what had I done?

Completely bonkers all the same.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
34 weeks ago

Lucan

You can't even criticise anyone or anything now without having a pile on. The white knighting still goes on all over the place but it rarely gets mentioned now. I must get that lad who used say what he thinks back on here. Think I have a contact for him

From memory, I think he had a tendency to say less what he felt himself, and more what he thought might irritate certain others. It was entertainment all the same

Somebody from the old days was on here last year and started a thread having a crazy Sunday morning rant at someone.

For some unknown reason because she spelt a few words wrong, people were reading things into it and I started getting messages from others asking if it was me she was having a go at and what had I done?

Completely bonkers all the same. "

I remember coming on here one Sunday morning to see a thread with my name as the title. It was about how much of a cunt I was.

34 weeks ago

Tipperary

From memory, I think he had a tendency to say less what he felt himself, and more what he thought might irritate certain others. It was entertainment all the same "

I felt he just spoke his mind, no matter what it was. I remember at the time there was a tendency of some to ‘sing off the one hymn sheet’ and if you went against that, there was bother. Some don’t like the against the grain comments. Sure everyone at this stage know how fab works. It’s lobsided like any dating/fun type site on the net. Forums can be a bit of pass the time if u get me.

34 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 07/11/23 11:32:25]

By *ealitybitesMan
34 weeks ago

Belfast

I remember coming on here one Sunday morning to see a thread with my name as the title. It was about how much of a cunt I was. "

Ye but you started it on Saturday night

34 weeks ago

I login in for a few minutes a few times a day.

If I am honest, I look at any messages I receive, then local/friends updates.

Briefly look at the forums sometimes.

By *erverts AnonymousMan
34 weeks ago

Darkest desires

Around 2006 I reckon myself.

By *erry cMan
34 weeks ago

Longford westmeath

I remember coming on here one Sunday morning to see a thread with my name as the title. It was about how much of a cunt I was.

Ye but you started it on Saturday night"

u tell her fair play

By *rRiosMan
34 weeks ago

Dublin

Ye but you started it on Saturday night u tell her fair play"

Sounds like a wilder place alright, though the internet in general was much wilder too! Thanks for responding

Post new Message to Thread