Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

The Fab Four

Jump to newest

By *arrot_in_a_box OP   Couple
35 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

Any other Beatles fans here? What did you think of Now & Then, the "new" song they released today.

Pretty amazing that 60 years on, they're still pioneering technology like never before to create music.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
35 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

I’m a Rolling Stones man, let that settle in

35 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

"I’m a Rolling Stones man, let that settle in"

Ah, sure they also released a new album a couple of weeks ago!

*what year is it???*

By *ealitybitesMan
35 weeks ago

Belfast

I'm not a Beatles fan as such but enjoy some of their music.

Haven't heard the new offering but just started listening to a podcast called Eras all about them and narrated by Martin Freeman.

They have some never before heard interviews.

35 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

"I'm not a Beatles fan as such but enjoy some of their music.

Haven't heard the new offering but just started listening to a podcast called Eras all about them and narrated by Martin Freeman.

They have some never before heard interviews. "

Nice one! Gonna give that a whirl!

By *og-ManMan
35 weeks ago

somewhere

"I’m a Rolling Stones man, let that settle in"

Angry with me was a fantastic song and very sexy video

35 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

"I’m a Rolling Stones man, let that settle in

Angry with me was a fantastic song and very sexy video "

Hard to believe it's a song written and performed by a bunch of 80 year olds! Mick Jagger's voice is incredible in it.

By *DSGCouple
35 weeks ago

That place in

I like it, nice to hear their style again,good wee tune

By *og-ManMan
35 weeks ago

somewhere

Just out of The Beatles LOVE by Cirque Du Soleil in Vegas

Bought the CD of this show in 2006 and fell in love with them all over again tonight ...some songs

By *ilthyNightsCouple
35 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

"Any other Beatles fans here? What did you think of Now & Then, the "new" song they released today.

Pretty amazing that 60 years on, they're still pioneering technology like never before to create music."

It really has been a Long and Winding Road for this track. The Revolution in AI allowed Paul and Ringo to Get Back the vocal, and Let It Be heard again. It's sad that this is the last time the band will Come Together, but in the end All Things Must Pass.

By *andytownMan
35 weeks ago

Gods Own Country

Decent enough track, simply wonderful thou to hear "new" stuff and yet quite sad that thats it...its over.

By *oxyvixen99Woman
35 weeks ago

Newtownabbey

I love them, my husband is a huge fan too. Can't beat a cavern club night for a great night. New track is simple and beautiful. Nice to hear something like that nowadays.

By *heLoveMachine007Man
35 weeks ago

Dublin

Cavern club regular here what a bunch of lads

By *iny DelightWoman
35 weeks ago

City Centre

"Just out of The Beatles LOVE by Cirque Du Soleil in Vegas

Bought the CD of this show in 2006 and fell in love with them all over again tonight ...some songs "

As a bit of a Beatles fan LOVE is one of the best shows I was ever at. It's a great album too.

I got quite emotional watching the accompanying documentary on how they made Now and Then.

By *ealitybitesMan
35 weeks ago

Belfast

Just finished the podcast and the last episode is all about Peter Jacksons contribution to extracting the audio for the new song.

Turned off the pod and the new song was playing on the radio.

Freaky as fuck.

35 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

"Just out of The Beatles LOVE by Cirque Du Soleil in Vegas

Bought the CD of this show in 2006 and fell in love with them all over again tonight ...some songs "

I think Love is def the best compilation album by a mile. Mr Kite is actually fits in and is enjoyable on that album

35 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

"Any other Beatles fans here? What did you think of Now & Then, the "new" song they released today.

Pretty amazing that 60 years on, they're still pioneering technology like never before to create music.

It really has been a Long and Winding Road for this track. The Revolution in AI allowed Paul and Ringo to Get Back the vocal, and Let It Be heard again. It's sad that this is the last time the band will Come Together, but in the end All Things Must Pass."

There's been some criticism of the song online, but some people just can't get no satisfaction.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
35 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Ahh those people can take a long walk down the Highway to Hell and should be Thunderstruck for saying that.

By *ufflerloverMan
35 weeks ago

Sligo

Yes, I’m a Beatles fan, probably not the most knowledgeable though, Now and Then is good, I have to think Lenin would have thrown a few more chords in there, a discordant note or two before releasing it. Great to hear though, any Beatles is worth listening to.

By *oxyvixen99Woman
34 weeks ago

Newtownabbey

One thing that did strike me watching the programme on it, is how old Paul sounds. I know he is 81 but when I see him performing or in pics I've never thought of him as old

By *ofusplusCouple
34 weeks ago

Limerick

"One thing that did strike me watching the programme on it, is how old Paul sounds. I know he is 81 but when I see him performing or in pics I've never thought of him as old "

Didn't he headline Glastonbury last year? His voice sounded pretty good to me, I'm wondering if there is such a thing as voice altering amplification?

By *oxyvixen99Woman
34 weeks ago

Newtownabbey

I meant his narration, speaking voice

By *ealitybitesMan
34 weeks ago

Belfast

"I meant his narration, speaking voice "

I listened to a full podcast where he was talking about his life in relation to the lyrics of songs he had written and his voice was very unusual. I thought he sounded as though he had a lot of facial work done and couldn't open his mouth normally.

In the Eras podcast the difference in his younger speaking voice and the way he speaks now was very very noticeable. It was like listening to 2 different people.

By *ommando4Man
34 weeks ago

South Co. Dublin

Latest single is tripe unfortunately

By *ilthyNightsCouple
34 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

"Latest single is tripe unfortunately"

Got to agree. Totally forgettable