Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Pressure and fun

Jump to newest

By *ickin2 OP   Man
35 weeks ago

Kilkenny

Been taking part on some of the threads and reading more over the weekend.

The 1 thing that I noticed is the underlying current of pressure .

At at any given time there are 300+ men online.

There is that little bit of pressure to get the first meet to get verified. That is 1 foot on the ladder.

There is pressure to get your first fun meet with the person of your choice. Then you have 2 feet on the ladder and the pressure is lifted. Respect and good manners go along way.

At any given time this is between 40 and 80 Ladies online.

So if a Lady comes online it is quite possible to get 300 messages in a short space of time

Pressure to read all of them ?

Pressure to pick and choose ?

Pressure to delete all of them ?

So I think that there is alot of pressure on everybody on here even though we are all here for fun. It can affect some more than others and it can play on your mind.

Mental Health- fair play to Life is fun for posting this thread on the Forum.

We all have our own way of dealing with pressure .

If you are not in a good space then post a message on this thread and people will chat with you

Us Ladies have a tough time too.

The Lady posted this tread on the forum a couple of days ago.

She was judged an rejected because of her swinging background. I can only imagine how she felt when she read that message. Despicable behaviour in my eyes.

I don't think any of us have the right to judge anyone else on here. We are all adults just looking for some fun. Respect and be respected.

Not a journalist so better stop scribbling.

BTW I'm human and I have mistakes on here also

Hope you all had a Happy Hallowee

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ustBoWoman
35 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I'm not in a bad place and if I was I wouldn't be posting on here thinking it would help. But that is just me. Others might find it helps them.

On fab I've never felt pressure to reply to people,read messages from people who don't interest me or anything else.I have said this before but I learnt early on to keep filters tight as a ducks ass so no I don't get inundated with messages. Yes when I first got some abusive ones it shocked me,now I rarely get any and when I do it just makes me roll my eyes as I delete it. Why would I get upset over some random person who I will never meet throwing a strop at me. It says more about them than anything else.I have made first contact with people on here that interest me and personally I found that a better way to meet anyone than expecting that person to message me first.

Fab is somewhere I go as a bit of an escape if I found it added pressure to my life I'd just leave. Life can be a hard enough grind at time without adding extra stress due to a site where a lot of people are not going to be people you want to interact with anyhow.

By *ickheadcuntCouple
35 weeks ago

Cork Ireland

The "Pressure" you keep mentioning is only put on yourself by yourself life is so much easier when the mind is clear

By *ilthyNightsCouple
35 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

There are many who like to tell others they are doing stuff wrong. Ignore them. Do it your way and the only pressure will be what you choose to put on yourself.

By *electableicecreamMan
35 weeks ago

The West

Can't we give ourselves one more chance?

Why can't we give love that one more chance?

Why can't we give love, give love, give love, give love

Give love, give love, give love, give love?

By *ikewantstoplayMan
35 weeks ago

somewhere

Pressure is for tyres & bouncy castles

When the fun stops stop

By *r_Insatiable666Man
35 weeks ago

Cork

Pressure is only for tyres

By *ealitybitesMan
35 weeks ago

Belfast

Pressure is for tyres.

Anyone trying to put pressure on me on here will have the air let out of them very quickly.

The day I feel pressured on fab is the day I call it quits.

I've too much self respect for that crap.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
35 weeks ago

Lucan

Hydraulic systems as well lads. Don't forget them.

By *og-ManMan
35 weeks ago

somewhere

Have to say it feels like you're putting all the pressure on yourself because no one else is

Forget all the figures...50 women plus 1000 men for everyone of them

You only need to meet one ( or in a group ) a few women so why worry about the others

You're only trying to beat yourself up and if you get a meet then it starts all over again

Feck that

Its meant to be about pleasure not pressure

By *ickin2 OP   Man
35 weeks ago

Kilkenny

Hi. I'm not under any pressure. Been verified like all of you that have replied and still in in regular contact with one of the Ladies. Very enjoyable I must say.

I was merely commenting on what I read over the long weekend. We are all enjoying our time here because we have all climbed the ladder.

It's the people who have not been so lucky and who have not been verified and even looking for advice or how to improve their profile so that they can get the first step up on to the ladder

Only giving my opinion. I value your opinions also. Thank you

By *ickin2 OP   Man
35 weeks ago

Kilkenny

Only people with verifications have replied. Wondering what other folks think

By *ickheadcuntCouple
35 weeks ago

Cork Ireland

"Only people with verifications have replied. Wondering what other folks think "

Dude your looking at this all wrong

By *ickin2 OP   Man
35 weeks ago

Kilkenny

"Only people with verifications have replied. Wondering what other folks think

Dude your looking at this all wrong "

Nice to know that I am wrong. Thank you. From a Rebel working in Kilkenny.

Up the Rebels

By *ilthyNightsCouple
35 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

People here with verifications used to be people without verification. I don't see that as climbing a ladder. It's just people who turned up to something and met someone.

Perhaps the way to look at it is to think that those who are verified and have been successful are those who don't feel pressure here? Therefore they are more likely to become successful because they aren't worrying about pressure?

By (user no longer on site)
35 weeks ago

Un-der Pressure dun dun dun dun dun du du

35 weeks ago

I have been on Fab 10+ years and never felt any pressure to meet or not meet. My filters are very tight, so I only receive messages from guys who fit my criteria. I have been very lucky over the years and received only 2 or 3 nasty messages so I do believe most guys who message me are nice men so I thank you.

I do hide my profile if I get bored, want a break or if my homelife is busy as that takes priority over Fab which has become a tiny part of my life now.

Men have always outnumbered women on Fab and it is much harder for them to get meet. Though I have to say that with the amout of verification coffee meets offered, it is easier now than previously.

If I was feeling down I would give fab a break as it can get you down. Join the real world and get off line. Get out and meet people the old fashioned way and be yourself!

Finally, I would not lower my standards just to get a meet/sex.

Negativity comes across in messages as can desperation and both are major turnoffs. Sorry but thats a fact!

As someone said, everyone with verifications had none at some stage and it took different lengths of time for everyone to get them.

35 weeks ago

300± men could really be 7 or 800,,even men with a couple of veris will struggle to get meets that's just the nature of this place and like others have said pressure is for tyres

By *ikewantstoplayMan
35 weeks ago

somewhere

Took us a while to get verified on our couples profile.

All we had was our wit and a can-do attitude and we managed it

More frustration at times than pressure from what I remember but then again I do have a terrible memory.

By *angtasticallyMan
35 weeks ago

Drogheda

Just let go and enjoy yourself ask why are you here if its pressure well u may become a diamond are just crumble choice is yours

By *ickin2 OP   Man
35 weeks ago

Kilkenny

General response.

Everyone has responded regarding the pressure.

Only one has responded regarding the mental health aspect.

No one has responded regarding the rejection that the Lady received.

Merely writing about what I had seen on the Forum over the weekend.

Actually I am really enjoying my time on here.

Pressure is for tyres.

I drive around 300km for work 5 days a week. I leave pressure outside my front door every evening because I am home.

Thank you all reading my scribble

By *ealitybitesMan
35 weeks ago

Belfast

"General response.

Pressure is for tyres.

I drive around 300km for work 5 days a week. I leave pressure outside my front door every evening because I am home.

Thank you all reading my scribble "

I deliberately didn't comment on the rejection because there are 3 sides to every story on here and you have posted a tiny part of someone else's story.

I didn't comment on the mental health part either as it didn't jump out at me because once again it was someone else's story and while there are obviously people with mental health issues on fab and on the forums it's not fair to generalise without knowing each individual tale.

Unfortunately it's also a card that many play when an opportunity arises which in itself makes a mockery of those who are genuinely struggling.

By *ickin2 OP   Man
35 weeks ago

Kilkenny

"General response.

Thank you for your honest reply

Pressure is for tyres.

I deliberately didn't comment on the rejection because there are 3 sides to every story on here and you have posted a tiny part of someone else's story.

I didn't comment on the mental health part either as it didn't jump out at me because once again it was someone else's story and while there are obviously people with mental health issues on fab and on the forums it's not fair to generalise without knowing each individual tale.

Unfortunately it's also a card that many play when an opportunity arises which in itself makes a mockery of those who are genuinely struggling."

By *ickin2 OP   Man
35 weeks ago

Kilkenny

"General response.

Pressure is for tyres.

Unfortunately it's also a card that many play when an opportunity arises which in itself makes a mockery of those who are genuinely struggling."

Thank you for your honest reply

By *ickheadcuntCouple
35 weeks ago

Cork Ireland

Mental health is a very subject to each and everyone individually.

Some people cope.

Some people don't.

Some are very good at hiding it.

It can come out in so many different ways and sometimes when you least expect it. And I believe we all have this difficulty, but again it's down to the individual.

Even reading this back every which way it can be taken one way or the other.

One thing I can say from my experience is the older I get the less I get stressed, soon I'll not give a F@ck

By *ickin2 OP   Man
35 weeks ago

Kilkenny

"Mental health is a very subject to each and everyone individually.

Some people cope.

Some people don't.

Some are very good at hiding it.

It can come out in so many different ways and sometimes when you least expect it. And I believe we all have this difficulty, but again it's down to the individual.

Even reading this back every which way it can be taken one way or the other.

One thing I can say from my experience is the older I get the less I get stressed, soon I'll not give a F@ck "

Enjoyed reading that. Thank you

By *ohnFKMan
35 weeks ago

Where the Streets Have No Name

"Took us a while to get verified on our couples profile.

All we had was our wit and a can-do attitude and we managed it

More frustration at times than pressure from what I remember but then again I do have a terrible memory."

- Your wit?: Agreed!

- Your can do attitude?:

- Don't forget your smoking hot wife...

Post new Message to Thread