Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Self Reflection

Jump to newest

By *eohbe96 OP   Man
35 weeks ago

So men/guys/lads, long story short, we all know there’s a lot of threads on here saying “I can’t get a meet” and “women never reply” and this and that, but if you were to actually look at your own profile or anyone that replies and relates to this, what do you think stops your profile from being one of the stand out ones and getting replies?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ealitybitesMan
35 weeks ago

Belfast

The first line.

By *ufflerloverMan
35 weeks ago

Sligo

I don’t think the profile matters much, this site is mostly for couples and single women and probably good for gay men. Single men shouldn’t take this site too seriously, if something happens great, if not, enjoy the forums which are a bit of craic, but that’s it.

By *ofusplusCouple
35 weeks ago

Limerick

From my extensive research and experience, I would surmise that most who complain don't consider their profile to have any bearing on their message reply rate

By *ufflerloverMan
35 weeks ago

Sligo

Even though single guys are surplus to requirements on this site, that being completely understandable because the clue is in the name. On the other hand, I would take advice and I have taken advice, on updating my profile because why not, it’s no ordeal. So if anyone has any advice for me I would appreciate it.

But again this site isn’t really for single straight men apart from enjoying the forums.

By *eohbe96 OP   Man
35 weeks ago

"Even though single guys are surplus to requirements on this site, that being completely understandable because the clue is in the name. On the other hand, I would take advice and I have taken advice, on updating my profile because why not, it’s no ordeal. So if anyone has any advice for me I would appreciate it.

But again this site isn’t really for single straight men apart from enjoying the forums."

I completely agree with this, genuinely think part of the problem with complainers is that they just don’t understand that this isn’t a dial and ride, but like you I’m here to have a glance at the forums, the odd chat and anything else is a bonus

By *affa31Woman
35 weeks ago

Galway

Single men are definitely not surplus to requirements. There are many of us who exclusively meet single men.

However, there are a lot of ye so making an effort to stand out is a good idea. That includes your profile text, pics and the messages you send.

By *ainted SlutTV/TS
35 weeks ago

Longford Town Area

"Single men are definitely not surplus to requirements. There are many of us who exclusively meet single men.

However, there are a lot of ye so making an effort to stand out is a good idea. That includes your profile text, pics and the messages you send. "

This. Couldn't have worded it better myself

By *olverineMan
35 weeks ago

ennis

"Single men are definitely not surplus to requirements. There are many of us who exclusively meet single men.

However, there are a lot of ye so making an effort to stand out is a good idea. That includes your profile text, pics and the messages you send. "

You forgot be a supermodel..

By *ealitybitesMan
35 weeks ago

Belfast

Claiming that people are fed up of single men complaining and then saying the site doesn't cater for single men is in itself a baseless complaint.

The site is anything you want it to be if you make an effort and are patient.

By *eohbe96 OP   Man
35 weeks ago

"Claiming that people are fed up of single men complaining and then saying the site doesn't cater for single men is in itself a baseless complaint.

The site is anything you want it to be if you make an effort and are patient."

Absolutely and a lot of single or “single” men here really don’t help themselves either

By *affa31Woman
35 weeks ago

Galway

However, there are a lot of ye so making an effort to stand out is a good idea. That includes your profile text, pics and the messages you send.

You forgot be a supermodel.."

I’m sure some only meet the type that you would refer to as a supermodel but that’s not the case across the board.

Personality, being able to have a conversation, being able to have a laugh, not whinging and not taking yourself too seriously matter a lot more to most of us.

By *olverineMan
35 weeks ago

ennis

You forgot be a supermodel..

I’m sure some only meet the type that you would refer to as a supermodel but that’s not the case across the board.

Personality, being able to have a conversation, being able to have a laugh, not whinging and not taking yourself too seriously matter a lot more to most of us. "

Say nothing and keep saying it _olverine..lol

By *ufflerloverMan
35 weeks ago

Sligo

"Claiming that people are fed up of single men complaining and then saying the site doesn't cater for single men is in itself a baseless complaint.

The site is anything you want it to be if you make an effort and are patient.

Absolutely and a lot of single or “single” men here really don’t help themselves either "

I found out about this site on the radio, on one of the main national channels, I don’t remember the guys name but he said that fabswingers is mainly for couples and women.

I became a member out of curiosity and found that there are a lot of single men here, too many really because it would be impossible for them all to get meets. That point has been well made previously. So, just enjoy the forums and as I said don’t expect anything, don’t take fs too seriously.

By (user no longer on site)
35 weeks ago

You forgot be a supermodel.."

And not constantly whining "woe is me"

By *elfastDMan
35 weeks ago

belfast

I have done some self reflection and I’m happy with the number of replies I get. A sense of humour appears to be more appreciated than anything, just like real life, surprising I know

Oh and a great arse pic, women love a good arse pic

By *ufflerloverMan
35 weeks ago

Sligo

"Even though single guys are surplus to requirements on this site, that being completely understandable because the clue is in the name. On the other hand, I would take advice and I have taken advice, on updating my profile because why not, it’s no ordeal. So if anyone has any advice for me I would appreciate it.

But again this site isn’t really for single straight men apart from enjoying the forums.

I completely agree with this, genuinely think part of the problem with complainers is that they just don’t understand that this isn’t a dial and ride, but like you I’m here to have a glance at the forums, the odd chat and anything else is a bonus "

Yes, no point in getting upset for no meets on a swingers site, it’s not mart and market ??

By *rish_GuyMan
35 weeks ago

Foxford

Personally, when I started on here, I had only 1 pic & a long enough bio. Sent a few messages, got no reply. The longer I was on here & looked at other profiles. I seen that they were changing their pic & bio. Over time I've added more pic, changed my bio abit, got some advice aswell. I realized is that if you don't change thing's around abit, every so often. People will look at your profile 1's maybe 2's & that's it, you'll fade away into the darkness & your forgotten about(so to speak). Which can lead to a single guy's thinking that this site is just for women & couples. It'd be hard not to think like that, that's for sure.

I use the forum to interact with other's, let them get a feel for me as a person. They can make up they're own mind about me, good or bad. Aswell as the craic that can be had on the forum aswell. If something else happens GREAT.

If not it's find, no harm done, move on.

I'll try to get to a few socials aswell. As face to face interaction can possibly lead to something in the future aswell.

If I feel after a period of time, that it's not for me, it's not working out for me, I'll leave & get on with my normal life(so to speak).

After saying all of that, it's not easy for a single on here, is true in (MOST) cases. As it'll happen alot easier, faster for some guy's before other's. I'd personally would put that down to life in general, more so than anything to with Fab or the likes.

By *r_Insatiable666Man
35 weeks ago

Cork

You really start to notice on forums the difference between single males on here.

There is the camp of single guys that just like to have a laugh and seem like they'd have a pint with anyone, expecting absolutely nothing. I hope to be in that camp.

Then there are the guys that feel they are downtrodden. The type who go to their first event and wonder why people are wearing clothes and the women aren't lining up to suck his cock.

If your psychology is more like the latter, probably change it and not only for your fab life.

By *0emMan
35 weeks ago

My Town

I think if you are on a site and just complain you really should be calling Joe Duffy and are on the wrong site. If you come on here to enjoy yourself and the whole experience then having girls and couples not beating your door down all day to meet means w really are on the wrong site. People gotta respect what other people want and need every person on here has a different need would be so boring if that wasn’t the case. If something doesn’t work out how I want it w I don’t complain what’s the point just get over myself and enjoy

By *ichael McCarthyMan
35 weeks ago

Lucan

"You really start to notice on forums the difference between single males on here.

There is the camp of single guys that just like to have a laugh and seem like they'd have a pint with anyone, expecting absolutely nothing. I hope to be in that camp.

Then there are the guys that feel they are downtrodden. The type who go to their first event and wonder why people are wearing clothes and the women aren't lining up to suck his cock.

If your psychology is more like the latter, probably change it and not only for your fab life."

Damn!

By *uriousVoyeurMan
35 weeks ago

Northside

"I have done some self reflection and I’m happy with the number of replies I get. A sense of humour appears to be more appreciated than anything, just like real life, surprising I know

Oh and a great arse pic, women love a good arse pic "

I can personally vouch for this...my inbox is bursting with messages!! Actually,hang on....just checked again,it's my outbox!!! Shite! But women do love a good arse pic! Not my arse apparently...it's just men who compliment me on mine!!!

35 weeks ago

Just here for the ride , pretty straightforward and honest about it.

By *irishladMan
35 weeks ago

Malahide

OP you’ve admitted in your second post that you came here with a pre formed opinion of what the site is, that’s never a good starting point.

Am I a supermodel? No

Do I get meets? Yes

How do I get them ? Treat meeting people on here the same way I would if meeting in a bar/club/ cafe.

Have a chat, a laugh and see where it leads.

Simples

By *ikewantstoplayMan
35 weeks ago

somewhere

I often carry out some self reflection.

Dam I love that mirror

35 weeks ago

"So men/guys/lads, long story short, we all know there’s a lot of threads on here saying “I can’t get a meet” and “women never reply” and this and that, but if you were to actually look at your own profile or anyone that replies and relates to this, what do you think stops your profile from being one of the stand out ones and getting replies?"

I’m a dick

By *ofusplusCouple
35 weeks ago

Limerick

"I found out about this site on the radio, on one of the main national channels, I don’t remember the guys name but he said that fabswingers is mainly for couples and women."

He probably said that because he was only looking for couples and women himself. Many single women here only meet single guys and loads of couples also meet them so I disagree with his assertion.

By *adylaceWoman
35 weeks ago

Waterford City

"I found out about this site on the radio, on one of the main national channels, I don’t remember the guys name but he said that fabswingers is mainly for couples and women."

I'm on fab a very long time and most of the women I know here predominantly meet single guys. They like group and girly fun but they are mainly here to meet single men. Like what was said above that man on the radio was speaking from the perspective a man or a couple. They aren't single women so they can't speak for all of us.

By *heLoveMachine007Man
35 weeks ago

Dublin

Wish there was a paddy jobsman here instead of CV advice he gives advice on creating a stand out fab profile…Dragons Den where are you at

By *rMotivator2.0Man
35 weeks ago

Donegal

I wouldn't get too hung up about it if you're mad to get a meet try the socials, as someone said single men are a surplus here the ratio is insane so single women have the pick of the crop and since everyone is different you can't really please them all so I'd say socials are the way to go, I wouldn't take it too seriously

By *amson4DelilahCouple
35 weeks ago

ballina

A bit of humours banter is what makes me engage with single men.

By *uriousVoyeurMan
35 weeks ago

Northside

"A bit of humours banter is what makes me engage with single men. "

Bejaysus

By *astelloWoman
35 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

Yes the ratio of men to women is crazy.

But the ratio of crazy men is also insane.

By *r_Insatiable666Man
35 weeks ago

Cork

"A bit of humours banter is what makes me engage with single men. "

Ah well, I better pack it in, banter is a foreign concept to me

By *ynchsimonMan
35 weeks ago

North county Dublin Meath

"OP you’ve admitted in your second post that you came here with a pre formed opinion of what the site is, that’s never a good starting point.

Am I a supermodel? No

Do I get meets? Yes

How do I get them ? Treat meeting people on here the same way I would if meeting in a bar/club/ cafe.

Have a chat, a laugh and see where it leads.

Simples "

This all day long!!! I don’t see why people don’t get this

Post new Message to Thread