Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Expectations unwritten rules etc

Jump to newest

By *panishRebel OP   Man
49 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

Living in Spain, and using fab, which the way fab users here functions differently to both Ireland and UK.

For example.

Profiles post in the forum section that they will be visiting an area. Ie Benidorm or Malagasy between x date and x date.

From this people comment Wether they will be there or not, and contact plus meets often happen.

I have noticed a frowning on this kind of post in the Irish forums.

The unwritten rule seems to be that this is not the way to get meets. Frequently I have read comments to that effect.

It's got me thinking, about all the other unwritten Fab rules, expectations etc.

There seems to be individual version's and collective versions and even rival factions.

I thought it would be good to have a discussion around this.

Let me know your thoughts.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By * la carteCouple
49 weeks ago

Dublin

"Living in Spain, and using fab, which the way fab users here functions differently to both Ireland and UK.

For example.

Profiles post in the forum section that they will be visiting an area. Ie Benidorm or Malagasy between x date and x date.

From this people comment Wether they will be there or not, and contact plus meets often happen.

The unwritten rule seems to be that this is not the way to get meets. Frequently I have read comments to that effect.

It's got me thinking, about all the other unwritten Fab rules, expectations etc.

There seems to be individual version's and collective versions and even rival factions.

Let me know your thoughts. "

Fab would have to be used differently considering the fact there is no other way of searching by location in Spain, no?

I don't read those threads so I can't comment on the reaction of others.

If you don't like the title of a forum section or thread, don't read it - easy peasy

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple
49 weeks ago

kinda dublin

Irish people love an old whine ns a moan.

By *ichael McCarthyMan
49 weeks ago

Lucan

There's a meets and events section of the site specifically for this purpose.

By * la carteCouple
49 weeks ago

Dublin

"There's a meets and events section of the site specifically for this purpose. "

The Spanish stuff would probably get lost in all the UK events, in fairness

By *ealitybitesMan
49 weeks ago

Belfast

My unwritten rule is that I don't post where I am or going to be in the hope of meeting random people.

I don't meet anyone I haven't been chatting to for a while.

I've been in Donegal, Mayo and Northern Spain this year and it never entered my head to let anyone know my business.

By *ey-Enigma2Couple
49 weeks ago

Dublin

"Living in Spain, and using fab, which the way fab users here functions differently to both Ireland and UK.

For example.

Let me know your thoughts. "

Travel broadens the mind, eh? But don't bring any of those fancy ideas back here! (Just kidding).

We guess, well, we know, there's a big fear here that, with Ireland being so small, that one of these days you're going to bump into your boss or aunt and uncle at one of these meets!!

By *panishRebel OP   Man
49 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

Yep, travel definitely broadens the mind.... But I wouldn't dream of bring any fancy ideas back to dear old Ireland.... Shock and horror!

Post new Message to Thread