Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Boudoir, Nude, Lingerie Photography

Jump to newest

By *riendly_fun_guy OP   Man
36 weeks ago

Dublin

I love taking pictures.. mostly I take pictures of sport but I’ve previously worked on developing a website for a professional photographer who ran courses on all types of photography including Boudoir, Nude and Lingerie photography… for a long time I’ve wanted to try this out… there are some people on here who take really good shots! But I’m wondering would anyone like to model for this? All pictures would be yours, I’m an experienced amateur not a professional and this would be a new area for me…? Does anyone else here do it?? Have you any advice?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ingletWoman
36 weeks ago

Kilkenny

My other half WW man has done this type of photography for a long time I'm sure he would be happy to chat to you

36 weeks ago

Dublin

"My other half WW man has done this type of photography for a long time I'm sure he would be happy to chat to you "

Thanks I’ll drop him a message.

By *xcited And CuriousCouple
36 weeks ago

Dublin

One facet of this has recently come up as a conversation with us (in a different context, but perhaps still relevant)...

Are portrait photographers (ie, photographers who photograph people) required to be Garda vetted? A lot of professions who deal with the public are.

If someone I cared about was going to get their (nude / intimate) photos taken, I'd need to know the bone fides of the photographer before the camera came out of its case.

I'm sure some people will be happy to have their photos taken without this requirement, but for some it may be just this aspect that's holding them back?

Are ANY professional photographers required to be Garda vetted?

By *asual777Man
36 weeks ago

i travel all over

Garda vetting is only required for working with children and vulnerable adults

36 weeks ago

Dublin

"Garda vetting is only required for working with children and vulnerable adults "

This… only required for limited circumstances - in fact I’ve been Garda vetted for 4 different organizations as it only applies to the specific job or the organisation you are involved with.

Given the times we are in with social media and the number of pictures used by people on fake profiles here, I’ve had this happen here as part of a couple, I do understand the concerns.

I guess therefore it being done as a paid service by a full time professional gives a greater level of security.

By *electableicecreamMan
36 weeks ago

The West

Probably not a bad idea to use your own gallery to display your photography skills.

It's a great shop window.

By *xBelMorriganMan
36 weeks ago

Dublin

I'm an adult performer so regularly model. I have found that models who do this full time avoid hobbyist photographers and will only work with trusted professionals in the industry because more often than not hobbyists are getting into nude photography for the wrong reasons.

By *antra MassageMan
36 weeks ago

south side

"Garda vetting is only required for working with children and vulnerable adults "

And as far as I can gather, you can only get vetted if you work for an organisation. A self employed person can't be vetted.

36 weeks ago

Dublin

Thanks for the feedback. And makes perfect sense. And they could potentially be wasting their time not getting the results they expect too.

By *electableicecreamMan
36 weeks ago

The West

"Garda vetting is only required for working with children and vulnerable adults

And as far as I can gather, you can only get vetted if you work for an organisation. A self employed person can't be vetted. "

You can be vetted as a self employed person if you're contracted by an organisation that requires and qualifies for Garda vetting.

36 weeks ago

Dublin

"Garda vetting is only required for working with children and vulnerable adults

And as far as I can gather, you can only get vetted if you work for an organisation. A self employed person can't be vetted. "

That could be true, I am self employed and only required Garda Vetting when I was contracting into another organisation.

My friends wife got some pictures taken for her husband and she was really disappointed with them. She knew I took pictures and she turned to him one night we were over and said I would have taken better pictures… followed by awkward laugh… !!

By *3nsesMan
36 weeks ago

Dublin

Try modelmayhem.com. Work towards developing deceloping a good portfolio of clothed women first and then work towards lingerie/boudoir.

I wouldnt waste my time trying to get people on fab, everyone will just assume you're a creep with a camera.

Best of luck with it.

By (user no longer on site)
36 weeks ago

I had my first shoot last weekend and I absolutely loved it I was so nervous and scared before, but once we were introduced I felt totally comfortable and at ease.

Highly recommend it and I can't wait to do it again

By (user no longer on site)
36 weeks ago

"I love taking pictures.. mostly I take pictures of sport but I’ve previously worked on developing a website for a professional photographer who ran courses on all types of photography including Boudoir, Nude and Lingerie photography… for a long time I’ve wanted to try this out… there are some people on here who take really good shots! But I’m wondering would anyone like to model for this? All pictures would be yours, I’m an experienced amateur not a professional and this would be a new area for me…? Does anyone else here do it?? Have you any advice?"

Create an account on Purple Port and pay 2 or 3 of models to take some photographs and then create your own website. It could then become a hobby.

By *antra MassageMan
36 weeks ago

south side

There is a website Deviant Art, I've modelled for amateur photographers on it. The process of finding and hiring a model is quite professional. Consider upping your game, that is, good equipment, , use of a studio/premises, and paying your model. This gets the best results. All the amateur photographers I met found out that working with a professional model made life so easy. They're punctual, reliable, bring their own outfits,food and drink, and are tolerant of your clumsiness.

36 weeks ago

Dublin

Folks thanks for all the really good advice! I will be following up on some of the suggestions made here.

By *inxySTV/TS
36 weeks ago

dublin

Good point on the garda vetting, I have is for the fire service. I've been into portrait and amateur photography for years and having something like vetting I'm sure would be a great selling point.

Also in all the people who have offered their photography service here over the years I've never seen one who has been successful without showing a decent standard in their own personal photos here. People tend not to have the trust of others without a good portfolio to show people.

By *xBelMorriganMan
36 weeks ago

Dublin

Other advice I would give is work with models of all genders and body types

If a model sees that a photographer only shoots skinny white women it gives off red flags.

36 weeks ago

Dublin

"Other advice I would give is work with models of all genders and body types

If a model sees that a photographer only shoots skinny white women it gives off red flags. "

That’s a good point and definitely something that I’ll keep in mind. I think getting started like in everything is the biggest step. Once people see that you are genuine and it’s not just a short cut to a fab meet they would be more likely to engage.

Post new Message to Thread