Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

The price is right

Jump to newest

By *r_Insatiable666 OP   Man
49 weeks ago

Cork

So one of my older hobbies caught my attention today and I went to check out the current market. It would basically cost me an arm and a leg to get something I might get a weeks use out of.

Has a hobby ever got too expensive for you? Or you will stick with it no matter the cost?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ilthyNightsCouple
49 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

I'm a bit miffed at the price of the new raspberry pi 5. Also the price of modern GPUs. It makes my tinkering a bit pricier then I'd like.

By *eralt80Man
49 weeks ago

cork

The price of the bigger Lego sets. The first €1000 set isn’t too far away

49 weeks ago

Cork

"The price of the bigger Lego sets. The first €1000 set isn’t too far away"

I knew I wasn't the only one! The specific model I saw was the UCS Venator. I always said I'd buy it if it ever came out but 650 euro today for that is a lot of money. I'd bet that much money however that it will be Star wars Lego that will be the first to sell a set over a grand

By *og-ManMan
49 weeks ago

somewhere

I was going to ask is Lego gone over €200

By *eralt80Man
49 weeks ago

cork

"The price of the bigger Lego sets. The first €1000 set isn’t too far away

I knew I wasn't the only one! The specific model I saw was the UCS Venator. I always said I'd buy it if it ever came out but 650 euro today for that is a lot of money. I'd bet that much money however that it will be Star wars Lego that will be the first to sell a set over a grand"

Probably the next Death Star. The millennium falcon is 850 already shur

By *eralt80Man
49 weeks ago

cork

"I was going to ask is Lego gone over €200 "

There are minifigures worth €200. It’s mad

By *og-ManMan
49 weeks ago

somewhere

"I was going to ask is Lego gone over €200

There are minifigures worth €200. It’s mad "

They obviously hold their value for collectors

By *eralt80Man
49 weeks ago

cork

They obviously hold their value for collectors "

Same as everything, rarity can bring value to the most mundane of things.

By *ealitybitesMan
49 weeks ago

Belfast

They obviously hold their value for collectors

Same as everything, rarity can bring value to the most mundane of things. "

There's hope for me yet then

By *og-ManMan
49 weeks ago

somewhere

My hobbies are music and technology .....I even went on my own to the Millennium Dome in London a week after it opened in 2000 to see it and watch the Peter Gabriel show in it ....loved that

Next weekend I'm spending a fair few euro going to Vegas for a week to see U2 in The Sphere and I've also booked another couple of shows while there

By *ingerrrrWoman
49 weeks ago

Meath

My hobby turned into my job and then it wasn’t fun anymore and it’s gone that the price of metal makes it that I can’t mess about making weirdo stuff it has to be orders or I’m not forking out for the metal…

49 weeks ago

Cork

"My hobby turned into my job and then it wasn’t fun anymore and it’s gone that the price of metal makes it that I can’t mess about making weirdo stuff it has to be orders or I’m not forking out for the metal… "

What's the hobby there? I've noticed in your profile you train quite a lot, any recommendations on protein powder? I've broke my wallet this week getting some in

By *ealitybitesMan
49 weeks ago

Belfast

I've never had a hobby that required a lot of investment.

One off purchases that with proper care could last a couple of years.

My cut off point for equipment is £100 but I might go over that in certain circumstances.

If I can't afford something I make do with a cheaper alternative otherwise it wouldn't be a hobby anymore.

By *anandJCouple
49 weeks ago

Citywest

You think it’s expensive?

Take an interest in photography

By *ingerrrrWoman
49 weeks ago

Meath

"My hobby turned into my job and then it wasn’t fun anymore and it’s gone that the price of metal makes it that I can’t mess about making weirdo stuff it has to be orders or I’m not forking out for the metal…

What's the hobby there? I've noticed in your profile you train quite a lot, any recommendations on protein powder? I've broke my wallet this week getting some in"

Messaged you there

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple
49 weeks ago

kinda dublin

"I'm a bit miffed at the price of the new raspberry pi 5. Also the price of modern GPUs. It makes my tinkering a bit pricier then I'd like. "

On the plus side, the raspberry pi 4 is available again. It's been in zero stock everywhere for well over a year, and that's the 1st one that can connect to WiFi.

49 weeks ago

Cork

"I'm a bit miffed at the price of the new raspberry pi 5. Also the price of modern GPUs. It makes my tinkering a bit pricier then I'd like.

On the plus side, the raspberry pi 4 is available again. It's been in zero stock everywhere for well over a year, and that's the 1st one that can connect to WiFi. "

I haven't messed with a raspberry pi since college, with what you guys are saying, I probably won't take it up as a hobby for a while

By *ilthyNightsCouple
49 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Also... Festival tickets! I'm hearing up for the Glastonbury ticket sale beginning of Nov. First time I went it was £59. Now it's £360. That's €413.

By *orkGuyFunGuyMan
49 weeks ago

Cork

"I'm a bit miffed at the price of the new raspberry pi 5. Also the price of modern GPUs. It makes my tinkering a bit pricier then I'd like. "

The 2080TI is going for stupid money can only I is gone what the new RTX 4060 is going for I’m afraid to look

By *lueDressWoman
49 weeks ago

Bath

I started collecting fully fashioned seamed stockings from the 40's and 50's when I was in My 20s. I would get pairs from charity shops for as little as 10p. Now they are very difficult to find. And even the faux seamed types go for as much as like three pounds a pair.Which Im not into.

Ive stopped collecting them.

I need a new hobby.

Maybe collecting designer scarves and sunglasses.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
49 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

"I'm a bit miffed at the price of the new raspberry pi 5. Also the price of modern GPUs. It makes my tinkering a bit pricier then I'd like.

The 2080TI is going for stupid money can only I is gone what the new RTX 4060 is going for I’m afraid to look"

The 4060 can be had for around 300euro, but I want something 4k capable and the 4060 is a bit underpowered for that. Plus it's only 8gb VRAM so not v futureproof.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
49 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

The 2080TI is going for stupid money can only I is gone what the new RTX 4060 is going for I’m afraid to look"

I think a 4060 is v similar performance to a 2080ti

By *ilthyNightsCouple
49 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

(I can almost hear the vaginas drying up as I type)

By (user no longer on site)
49 weeks ago

No.

By *ichael CoolMan
49 weeks ago

unknown

My hobby was farming which is expensive, so in the end I studied as a vet,qualified and now that I do something I love it means you never work a day in your life

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple
49 weeks ago

kinda dublin

On the plus side, the raspberry pi 4 is available again. It's been in zero stock everywhere for well over a year, and that's the 1st one that can connect to WiFi.

I haven't messed with a raspberry pi since college, with what you guys are saying, I probably won't take it up as a hobby for a while "

Only thing I use it for is a Plex Server. Any tv shows or movies I wanna watch that isn't easily gotten by streaming, I torrent into it.

And then I can watch them on the firestick or whatever.

Post new Message to Thread