FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Getting verified. A survey for single men.

Jump to newest

By *electableicecream OP   Man
50 weeks ago

The West

Getting verified opens the doors to meets, events and parties and can be a challenge to get for a lot of single men.

I have some ideas for events that might help alleviate the backlog and I am willing organise them.

If you are a single guy, answering the following questions may help out going forward.

------------------------------

Questions for unverified guys:

How long have you been on fab?

Do you send direct messages?

Have you been to an event?

Have you tried the Help a Fabber thread here in the forum?

Would you attend a mixed gender event aimed specifically at verifying single men?

Would you accept a verification from a well verified heterosexual guy?

Would you accept a verification from a well verified bi or homosexual guy?

Would you prefer a verification from a woman? Could you explain why?

Are you willing to travel to get verified?

Questions for verified men:

How long have you been on Fab?

How long did it take to get your first verification?

How did you get your first verification?

Would you verify another guy?

You can answer here or in private message to me and your privacy will be respected and maintained.

If there is enough interest I will put together some events focused on getting single men verified.

D

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aptain Caveman41Man
50 weeks ago

Home

Does it really open up everything because I'm verified and very little has changed unfortunately being a single fella is the biggest stumbling block on here

50 weeks ago

The West

"Does it really open up everything because I'm verified and very little has changed unfortunately being a single fella is the biggest stumbling block on here "

It's not a magic key but you now have access to many events that you didn't before and events are the single most effective way for guys to meet women and couples.

Would you consider answering the questions above? All info is useful

By *ealitybitesMan
50 weeks ago

Belfast

This is my fourth profile and it's never taken me longer than 6 weeks to get my first verification on each profile. I've never been verified by someone I met on a previous profile.

The first 2 profiles were verified through private messaging only and one in one meets.

The last started out exactly the same and then I had multiple veries through membership of a fab hiking group.

I had never used the forums until I created this profile 4½ years ago and every one on one or group social verification since has been initiated by forum engagement because I don't send private messages and haven't in more than 3 years.

I have offered publicly in the past on the forums to verify other men complaining about not being able to get verified but none have taken me up on it.

I'm no longer meeting so I won't be offering again.

50 weeks ago

The West

Thanks RB

By *og-ManMan
50 weeks ago

somewhere

5 years

4 months

Was naked in a jacuzzi with 7 other fabbers and got chatting about fab

I have

By *eralt80Man
50 weeks ago

cork

I’m here about 5 years

First verification took me about 18 months

I went to a group coffee social

If I was asked to then I would.

50 weeks ago

The West

Thanks Bog Man and Geralt

By *urfdudeMan
50 weeks ago

WEXFORD

A Verification should be based on a physical meet, in my book a social meet does not qualify as a veri, its taking the easy route.

50 weeks ago

The West

"A Verification should be based on a physical meet, in my book a social meet does not qualify as a veri, its taking the easy route."

Thank you.

Would you considering answering the questions for verified guys? Every little helps.

By *rRiosMan
50 weeks ago

dublin

How long have you been on fab?

Two weeks

Do you send direct messages?

Sometimes, rarely get a reply (no shade, I get it)

Have you been to an event?

Not yet.

Have you tried the Help a Fabber thread here in the forum?

No, but I can only post on the forum from today. Hello!

Would you attend a mixed gender event aimed specifically at verifying single men?

Sure

Would you accept a verification from a well verified heterosexual guy?

In theory, yes (see below)

Would you accept a verification from a well verified bi or homosexual guy?

In theory, yes (see below)

Would you prefer a verification from a woman? Could you explain why?

Yes, for optical reasons. But how do women feel about men who have been verified by hetro/bi/gay men in regards to the two questions about. I suppose I would be different for everyone…

Are you willing to travel to get verified?

Not really, but I am centrally based.

By *otownkid1967Man
50 weeks ago

Portlaoise

Well done OP

50 weeks ago

The West

"Well done OP "

Cheers. Your well verified. It would be great if you had a minute to answer the questions. Understanding what it takes to make it work on fab is an important part of breaking through the verification wall.

50 weeks ago

The West

"How long have you been on fab?

Two weeks

"

Cheers dude. Fair play.

By *otownkid1967Man
50 weeks ago

Portlaoise

"Well done OP

Cheers. Your well verified. It would be great if you had a minute to answer the questions. Understanding what it takes to make it work on fab is an important part of breaking through the verification wall."

Will reply later when I get home from work

By *ork35Man
50 weeks ago

Somewhere in Cork

[Removed by poster at 10/10/23 19:01:39]

By *ork35Man
50 weeks ago

Somewhere in Cork

How long have you been on Fab? 7 months

How long did it take to get your first verification? 1 week

How did you get your first verification? Coffee meet

Would you verify another guy? Yes. See below

Folks, ive posted on the help a fabber out thread a few times offering my help for fabbers get a veri.

A lot of people think that a Veri from the same sex would give the impression to otheres that they're Bi, gay, or curious. The idea of these threads is for unverified members to meet up socially and all going well,get verified. It's irrelevant wether it's a Guy/Lady/couple/TV/TS, CD or any other person that meets you. A veri simply shows that you're real,showed up,were on time and were hopefully respectful! I've offered on many of these threads to meet for coffee and the offer has been accepted. Its never bothered me if it was a guy, girl, tv etc. So people,relax and enjoy the coffee and scone, pint, glass of wine, water, soda what ever suits,even if it's with a bloke, lady, tv,cd.

Remember, the person who messages you asking for a veri is more nervous and regardless of your preference any request should be honoured

By *ohnFKMan
50 weeks ago

Where the Streets Have No Name

PM sent OP

Good luck with your research

50 weeks ago

The West

Cheers cork. I feel like the reluctance to meet for a guy meet another guy, arranged through a sex site is pretty legit. I've made the same points as yourself there but on reflection I get it.

It might just be possible to create another kind of event where the sole purpose is to offer single guys a chance to get verified by fab members who are in good standing.

Maybe it's not possible to change something that's engrained in the culture but I'll give it a red hot go.

By *itcher11Man
50 weeks ago

I've replied via private message.

Relatively new here, so could cover most of the questions.

Hope it helps......

By *og-ManMan
50 weeks ago

somewhere

"Cheers cork. I feel like the reluctance to meet for a guy meet another guy, arranged through a sex site is pretty legit. I've made the same points as yourself there but on reflection I get it.

It might just be possible to create another kind of event where the sole purpose is to offer single guys a chance to get verified by fab members who are in good standing.

Maybe it's not possible to change something that's engrained in the culture but I'll give it a red hot go.

"

Dont DV8 run socials for unveried folks

By *ealitybitesMan
50 weeks ago

Belfast

"Cheers cork. I feel like the reluctance to meet for a guy meet another guy, arranged through a sex site is pretty legit. I've made the same points as yourself there but on reflection I get it.

"

On my last profile I was given a fake veri by a man claiming to have been on a fab hike.

He wasn't a member of the group and had never attended any of the events.

He also verified a number of others who were there but nobody had ever heard of him before.

When it was discussed in the group chat the 20+ women in the hiking group were asked if they would consider a veri from a man on a straight males profile a red flag.

Only one of them said that they wouldn't.

All the others said they would immediately think the guy was actually only fab straight.

Admin eventually removed the veri and I never displayed it or the verification summary until they did as a direct result of that group vote.

By *ofusplusCouple
50 weeks ago

Limerick

1. Don't display the veri from the other guy

2. Don't display your verification summary

3. Get the green tick

4. Build on it by getting veris that you want to display

50 weeks ago

The West

Dont DV8 run socials for unveried folks "

I have something a little bit different in mind bog.

50 weeks ago

The West

[Removed by poster at 10/10/23 20:03:46]

By *affa31Woman
50 weeks ago

Galway

Dont DV8 run socials for unveried folks "

From what I’ve seen, they’re mostly midweek which doesn’t work usually for people outside Dublin.

50 weeks ago

The West

"

When it was discussed in the group chat the 20+ women in the hiking group were asked if they would consider a veri from a man on a straight males profile a red flag.

Only one of them said that they wouldn't.

All the others said they would immediately think the guy was actually only fab straight.

"

This is a solvable problem.

By *og-ManMan
50 weeks ago

somewhere

Dont DV8 run socials for unveried folks

From what I’ve seen, they’re mostly midweek which doesn’t work usually for people outside Dublin. "

Right I've never been so never checked dates or days

By *rRiosMan
50 weeks ago

dublin

"1. Don't display the veri from the other guy

2. Don't display your verification summary

3. Get the green tick

4. Build on it by getting veris that you want to display "

If this is the case I don’t even see how it’s a problem. I thought you could hide publications but not the sex of the verification.

Also, am I inferring fab straight as “straight” ?

By *rinibooWoman
50 weeks ago

clare

I know a few lady’s ran evening meets in limerick for unverified men . I can pm you names of you want to ask them how there attendance was

By *otownkid1967Man
50 weeks ago

Portlaoise

Been on fab for over 10 years both as a couple and single man.

First veri was a lady who introduced me to swinging so would say literally days.

Yes I have verified a bloke from Cork who is straight and contributes to the forums.

For any newbies my advice would be to attend some meet and greets and Contribute to the forums.

If you do message someone and don't get a reply...just move on as the other person most likely isn't interested. Lastly just be yourself and don't expect it to be dialaride.

By *ofusplusCouple
50 weeks ago

Limerick

"I thought you could hide publications but not the sex of the verification. "

Yes you can hide the verification summary in the Manage Verifications section

By *adger BrocMan
50 weeks ago

Co. Cork

1 year

5/6 weeks

Coffee meet from "help a fabber thread".

(I still consider her my Fab Angel.)

Absolutely

By *rAndMrsRightCouple
50 weeks ago

newtownabbey

Not a single man's perspective per say, but we've a lot of "experience" with single men (no, not the beroom kind)...

Separately 2+ years. Together 5 years. So... 7ish total years.

Took Dirk a month.

By meeting a woman over a coffee.

Yes, we both have from our single profiles.

If there is enough interest I will put together some events focused on getting single men verified.

Now my personal (missus) view and our first hand experience:

From the beginning of time I always advocated for single men. Let's face it - they are what makes the site lively as it's them who fab all photos, send most messages and give people something to gurn about. I have always believed that most single men deserve a chance at stepping a foot into this environment, they're just unsure how to approach it.

So around 4 years ago we both came up with a concept event. A private venue with coffee and traybakes where single men can come along, and socially mingle with experienced couples and women and get some advice on how to get started. No loud music, no getting d*unk, just a group of adults having a civilised conversation.

There was a small cost involved in booking the venue (price was a tenner which covered the room and refreshments provided by venues catering company).

Messages we have received in our inbox for it:

*will there be play rooms? If not - what's the point in me going?

*am I at least going to get a bj?

*is everyone just going to fuck in one room?

*yous are money grabbing bastards trying to profit off single men (even if it was booked out to full capacity, if we would divide the many hours we put into talking to 100 people at once would have left us with around £40 between us. Divide that by around 40hours in total spent organizing it - it would have left us with a grand total of "profit" of £0.50 an hour (that's if everyone showed up lol).

*it's not worth my time to listen to lectures

*I'm just here to fuck. Who cares about socials.

*am I allowed to just fuck everyone or do I have to ask first?

*I'm not sure if I want to be in a room with other men.

This is a tiny snippet of the crap we were receiving for weeks.

My head was demented with it and I made a final call to pull the plug on the whole thing and scrap the idea for good. If people can't act like human beings - I'm not here to save them.

Since then we haven't offered to meet many single men to verify them, but 100% of those who we offered to meet either didn't show up or canceled last minute. I have to also mention - cancelations usually happened shortly after I made it super clear a social is a social and no sexual activities will take place over a coffee or a pint in a public place.

Good few months ago we posted a status up that we're going out for a pint and invited anyone to come say hi.

16 unverified men expressed interest and swore they would love a chance to come along and get verified. 1 showed up.

We are currently planning a lil pub crawl on 21st of October afternoon. Super casual, nothing serious, just a few pints and chats.

Unverified people are welcome.

There are 20 people in a group chat so far, 10 of them we know personally and looking forward to meeting for catch up and 10 newbies.

So far stuff we got from newbies:

*so is there going to be a venue booked where everyone will play after?

*should we all get an apartment for play?

*can I play just play with you guys and not with anyone else?

Chances are high that only ones who are actually verified will show up... I'll update my post after 21st

In conclusion : newbies want sex! Just sex! Sexy sex with sexy sexers. No matter how loud you speak when saying "social is a SOCIAL, there will be nobody sucking anyone's dick" they will still double check if maybe you meant that nobody will suck a dick in public, but you'll provide play rooms with maybe a glory hole...

Good luck OP with your ventures.

Personally... I'd much rather let someone else to deal with unverified men

Missus

50 weeks ago

The West

"I know a few lady’s ran evening meets in limerick for unverified men . I can pm you names of you want to ask them how there attendance was "

I'd hazard a guess about 30 - 50%?

I'm very happy to hear from anyone who runs events about their experience absolutely.

50 weeks ago

The West

"

Missus "

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. It's both illustrative and harrowing!

By *rAndMrsRightCouple
50 weeks ago

newtownabbey

"I know a few lady’s ran evening meets in limerick for unverified men . I can pm you names of you want to ask them how there attendance was

I'm very happy to hear from anyone who runs events about their experience absolutely."

Oh they ran those events around the same time as we had posted outs. They also got completely demented with absolutely horrible messages as well as some crap from seasoned fabbers

50 weeks ago

The West

"Sexy sex with sexy sexers."

I think I need to put this in my bio.

By *itlbeeCouple
50 weeks ago

Ireland

Sad to read the stories of the awful.messagea some single men send.

Single men need to empathize with women.

Women approach casual sex from the position fearing violence and bad treatment. That power imbalance will always be the biggest issue that makes women wary. That's why we're looking at verifications. We want to know this person is safe and treats others well.

Too many single blokes treat women like we're all just free sex workers, they genuinely can't seem to see us as people with our own desires and preferences.

By *otownkid1967Man
50 weeks ago

Portlaoise

"Questions for verified men:

Not a single man's perspective per say, but we've a lot of "experience" with single men (no, not the beroom kind)...

Separately 2+ years. Together 5 years. So... 7ish total years.

Took Dirk a month.

By meeting a woman over a coffee.

Yes, we both have from our single profiles.

Now my personal (missus) view and our first hand experience:

From the beginning of time I always advocated for single men. Let's face it - they are what makes the site lively as it's them who fab all photos, send most messages and give people something to gurn about. I have always believed that most single men deserve a chance at stepping a foot into this environment, they're just unsure how to approach it.

So around 4 years ago we both came up with a concept event. A private venue with coffee and traybakes where single men can come along, and socially mingle with experienced couples and women and get some advice on how to get started. No loud music, no getting d*unk, just a group of adults having a civilised conversation.

There was a small cost involved in booking the venue (price was a tenner which covered the room and refreshments provided by venues catering company).

Messages we have received in our inbox for it:

*will there be play rooms? If not - what's the point in me going?

*am I at least going to get a bj?

*is everyone just going to fuck in one room?

*yous are money grabbing bastards trying to profit off single men (even if it was booked out to full capacity, if we would divide the many hours we put into talking to 100 people at once would have left us with around £40 between us. Divide that by around 40hours in total spent organizing it - it would have left us with a grand total of "profit" of £0.50 an hour (that's if everyone showed up lol).

*it's not worth my time to listen to lectures

*I'm just here to fuck. Who cares about socials.

*am I allowed to just fuck everyone or do I have to ask first?

*I'm not sure if I want to be in a room with other men.

This is a tiny snippet of the crap we were receiving for weeks.

My head was demented with it and I made a final call to pull the plug on the whole thing and scrap the idea for good. If people can't act like human beings - I'm not here to save them.

Since then we haven't offered to meet many single men to verify them, but 100% of those who we offered to meet either didn't show up or canceled last minute. I have to also mention - cancelations usually happened shortly after I made it super clear a social is a social and no sexual activities will take place over a coffee or a pint in a public place.

Good few months ago we posted a status up that we're going out for a pint and invited anyone to come say hi.

16 unverified men expressed interest and swore they would love a chance to come along and get verified. 1 showed up.

We are currently planning a lil pub crawl on 21st of October afternoon. Super casual, nothing serious, just a few pints and chats.

Unverified people are welcome.

There are 20 people in a group chat so far, 10 of them we know personally and looking forward to meeting for catch up and 10 newbies.

So far stuff we got from newbies:

*so is there going to be a venue booked where everyone will play after?

*should we all get an apartment for play?

*can I play just play with you guys and not with anyone else?

Chances are high that only ones who are actually verified will show up... I'll update my post after 21st

In conclusion : newbies want sex! Just sex! Sexy sex with sexy sexers. No matter how loud you speak when saying "social is a SOCIAL, there will be nobody sucking anyone's dick" they will still double check if maybe you meant that nobody will suck a dick in public, but you'll provide play rooms with maybe a glory hole...

Missus "

I have to say that I attended one of your socials. The effort that you both put into it was amazing. Yes there was a big crowd and good mix of single ladies,men and couples. The night was a great success and I spent most of the night chatting to lots of interesting people. Although there was no play, I never expected there to be anyway. Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing you guys over Xmas or New year.

By (user no longer on site)
50 weeks ago

Doesn't make any difference quite frankly. Verified for ages and zero meets since despite following every single bit of advice and never being pushy or impolite etc.

In any case this isn't the place for single guys to meet women. The regular dating sites are way more appropriate and fruitful.

Just bide your time and go to social parties and clubs to get your foot in the door.

50 weeks ago

The West

"Sad to read the stories of the awful.messagea some single men send.

Single men need to empathize with women.

Women approach casual sex from the position fearing violence and bad treatment. That power imbalance will always be the biggest issue that makes women wary. That's why we're looking at verifications. We want to know this person is safe and treats others well.

Too many single blokes treat women like we're all just free sex workers, they genuinely can't seem to see us as people with our own desires and preferences.

"

Thanks guys. This is an important subject on fab and probably better off in its own thread.

This thread is about gathering info and advocating for the good guys who would like to get verified and are lacking in opportunities.

Thank you everyone who has sent answers by PM. Keep them coming in here or in DM

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
50 weeks ago

Tipperary

"Doesn't make any difference quite frankly. Verified for ages and zero meets since despite following every single bit of advice and never being pushy or impolite etc.

In any case this isn't the place for single guys to meet women. The regular dating sites are way more appropriate and fruitful.

Just bide your time and go to social parties and clubs to get your foot in the door."

or go out on a weekend and meet women the old fashioned face to face way. Dating sites etc are totally lobsided numbers wise. Way more men use them than women. As u say , it’s hard then to get your foot in the door or make yourself known if actively looking. I also think men have a view when they sign up to dating sites it’s going to be easy but it’s actually often quiet the opposite.

50 weeks ago

The West

"Doesn't make any difference quite frankly. Verified for ages and zero meets since despite following every single bit of advice and never being pushy or impolite etc.

Just bide your time and go to social parties and clubs to get your foot in the door.or go out on a weekend and meet women the old fashioned face to face way. Dating sites etc are totally lobsided numbers wise. Way more men use them than women. As u say , it’s hard then to get your foot in the door or make yourself known if actively looking. I also think men have a view when they sign up to dating sites it’s going to be easy but it’s actually often quiet the opposite. "

Would you care to take the survey?

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

Years (don’t know how long been honest). Have been off more then on due to private issues in the last few years.

About 8 months. Impossible the first few months on here. You could do everything you’re told to do and still not succeed. Your best chance is to go 2 a social, meet and greet etc but a lot sign up here wanting to meet 1-1 and not into the party scene. A lot of non true swingers on the site.

Luck I guess.

If I met him at something but wouldn’t meet men 1-1

50 weeks ago

Verified? I'd just like to get a reply to a DM to be honest. Would be a start.

50 weeks ago

The West

"Verified? I'd just like to get a reply to a DM to be honest. Would be a start."

It's bit of chicken and egg for sure. 7 weeks on fab isn't long though.

Many people won't respond to an unverified account. Would you consider attending an event? Would you travel?

I see a pub crawl mentioned in a post above here.

50 weeks ago

"Verified? I'd just like to get a reply to a DM to be honest. Would be a start.

Many people won't respond to an unverified account. Would you consider attending an event? Would you travel?

I see a pub crawl mentioned in a post above here. "

To be honest I just don't think the site is for me. I'm quite an introverted person so I think I'd just sink into the background at events, lose heart and leave.

By *leasurer77Man
50 weeks ago

Athlone

How long have you been on Fab? About a year.

How long did it take to get your first verification? 3 or 4 months

How did you get your first verification? Sent a frustrated message to a very sound lady who gave me a chance of a social meet.

Would you verify another guy? No because of the risk of women incorrectly assuming I'm bi and fucking guys bareback. I don't even ask women to verify me anymore because I've been told by more than one that other women won't meet guys who have met them. So in short, verifications can be more negative than positive.

By *ofusplusCouple
50 weeks ago

Limerick

"I know a few lady’s ran evening meets in limerick for unverified men . I can pm you names of you want to ask them how there attendance was

I'm very happy to hear from anyone who runs events about their experience absolutely.

Oh they ran those events around the same time as we had posted outs. They also got completely demented with absolutely horrible messages as well as some crap from seasoned fabbers "

From speaking with one of those lovely ladies, the event was a damp squib with very few turning up despite committing to it. They haven't organised any events like that since

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

I see a pub crawl mentioned in a post above here. "

id probably slightly disagree. 2 months on any site where one of the main objectives is meeting is a decent length of time. If you’re a man who signs up here and is actively using the site and trying every week to get places with women and is nowhere after 2 months, he’s going to loose interest very quickly. As I also said yesterday, a lot sign up here looking for one to one meets but have no interest in the meet and greet party social scene. They’re not true swingers for all the world

50 weeks ago

The West

I see a pub crawl mentioned in a post above here. id probably slightly disagree. 2 months on any site where one of the main objectives is meeting is a decent length of time. If you’re a man who signs up here and is actively using the site and trying every week to get places with women and is nowhere after 2 months, he’s going to loose interest very quickly. As I also said yesterday, a lot sign up here looking for one to one meets but have no interest in the meet and greet party social scene. They’re not true swingers for all the world "

Plenty of guys on here a lot longer than that and still haven't lost interest.

I don't think anyone that is single is a true swinger though. For a given definition of 'true'.

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

I see a pub crawl mentioned in a post above here. id probably slightly disagree. 2 months on any site where one of the main objectives is meeting is a decent length of time. If you’re a man who signs up here and is actively using the site and trying every week to get places with women and is nowhere after 2 months, he’s going to loose interest very quickly. As I also said yesterday, a lot sign up here looking for one to one meets but have no interest in the meet and greet party social scene. They’re not true swingers for all the world

I don't think anyone that is single is a true swinger though. For a given definition of 'true'.

"

id wager a bet there is very few men on here longer then 2 months actively looking with no meet who Still have complete interest. You’re bound to go down other avenues. 100 % agree with your last sentence.

50 weeks ago

The West

"

id wager a bet there is very few men on here longer then 2 months actively looking with no meet who Still have complete interest. You’re bound to go down other avenues. 100 % agree with your last sentence. "

What would you wager? That data is being collected in this survey.

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

"

id wager a bet there is very few men on here longer then 2 months actively looking with no meet who Still have complete interest. You’re bound to go down other avenues. 100 % agree with your last sentence.

What would you wager? That data is being collected in this survey. "

id bet 50 euro on it that men actively looking and getting no where after 2 months get totally pissed off of the site.

50 weeks ago

on 2 years

first veri after 2 months

I don't think I'd veri a guy or display one from a guy. women are the vast minority and a male veri on a male profile won't do anything for them.

50 weeks ago

The West

"

What would you wager? That data is being collected in this survey. id bet 50 euro on it that men actively looking and getting no where after 2 months get totally pissed off of the site. "

Ah you've changed the parameters now. No dice.

50 weeks ago

The West

"on 2 years

first veri after 2 months

I don't think I'd veri a guy or display one from a guy. women are the vast minority and a male veri on a male profile won't do anything for them.

"

Thanks for your answers.

Was your first verification from a social or a meet?

How did you establish contact?

50 weeks ago

social.

I was lucky with a message I guess.

face pic included.

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

"

What would you wager? That data is being collected in this survey. id bet 50 euro on it that men actively looking and getting no where after 2 months get totally pissed off of the site.

Ah you've changed the parameters now. No dice."

I havnt. That’s exactly what I was saying from the get go.

50 weeks ago

Nearly 10 months here.

Verified by meet after 7wks.

By *leasurer77Man
50 weeks ago

Athlone

I see a pub crawl mentioned in a post above here. id probably slightly disagree. 2 months on any site where one of the main objectives is meeting is a decent length of time. If you’re a man who signs up here and is actively using the site and trying every week to get places with women and is nowhere after 2 months, he’s going to loose interest very quickly. As I also said yesterday, a lot sign up here looking for one to one meets but have no interest in the meet and greet party social scene. They’re not true swingers for all the world

"

Implying Fabswingers should be purely for "true" swingers is like saying a screwdriver should never be used to open a tin of paint!

By *leasurer77Man
50 weeks ago

Athlone

"

id wager a bet there is very few men on here longer then 2 months actively looking with no meet who Still have complete interest. You’re bound to go down other avenues. 100 % agree with your last sentence. "

Complete interest: what does it mean? Nobody has complete interest in anything. Everyone has multiple interests.

By *r_Insatiable666Man
50 weeks ago

Cork

"Getting verified opens the doors to meets, events and parties and can be a challenge to get for a lot of single men.

"

How long have you been on Fab? Could be a year

How long did it take to get your first verification? Max 2 months

How did you get your first verification? My first account, a friend verified me. Second, I believe I met a lovely couple who verified me.

I'm not sure, I haven't verified another guy yet and honestly I don't think I would simply because how different some people (not just men) can be on here.

With unverified men, I think it's basically a case of "once bitten, twice shy". An unverified or verified man could be dangerous, a no show, an absolute clown. You never really know unless you give them a chance. At least with a verified man, if you can trust the person who vouched for them, the likelihood of them being shit is less, not zero but definitely less.

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

Implying Fabswingers should be purely for "true" swingers is like saying a screwdriver should never be used to open a tin of paint!"

one of the biggest differences I have seen over time on fab, is a lot more women will now only meet at a meet and greet social scene etc and not in a 1-1 environment.

By *rAndMrsRightCouple
50 weeks ago

newtownabbey

To be fair... after hearing hundreds of pure horror stories from other women and some of my own horrible experiences, I think if I was single I would only meet new people at socials too.

It's a lot easier to get away from someone in a crowded place if you get a bad juju. Group socials also repel some predators as they're only brave enough to be forceful 1-1 behind closed doors.

Missus

By *exesrangerMan
50 weeks ago

dingle killarney tralee

I see a lot of ppl making lots of efforts to help unverified ppl. I hope it not in vein.

Fair play

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

"To be fair... after hearing hundreds of pure horror stories from other women and some of my own horrible experiences, I think if I was single I would only meet new people at socials too.

It's a lot easier to get away from someone in a crowded place if you get a bad juju. Group socials also repel some predators as they're only brave enough to be forceful 1-1 behind closed doors.

Missus "

The bottom line though still occurs. There are a lot more genuine folk on here then otherwise. The problem is the few bad eggs which are the minority, ruin it. I’m not saying women can’t do what they like on here but if more are more are going the route of social interaction and meet and greets compared to meeting 1:1, you’ll see meets becoming few and far between on here. A lot comes into play before a meet is considered obviously but surely to god, signing up to online sites where you have oodles of people, you realise you’re going to come across a % of strange individuals?! If more and more women go down the route of changing the interpretation of how they interact (meaning they only meet at meet and greets and socials), then fellas signing up here looking for no strings fun and meets in a 1:1 capacity are going to become more frustrated! I’d say you have way more lads signing up here who have no interest whatsoever in the party /social scene. Should you have to attend a party/meet and greet to potentially hit it off with someone in a no strings fun capacity? Imo no, but the site is going alot more that way.

By *amsevenMan
50 weeks ago

cork

"To be fair... after hearing hundreds of pure horror stories from other women and some of my own horrible experiences, I think if I was single I would only meet new people at socials too.

Missus "

This is both infuriating and a sad state of affairs

By *ofusplusCouple
50 weeks ago

Limerick

Missus The bottom line though still occurs. There are a lot more genuine folk on here then otherwise. The problem is the few bad eggs which are the minority, ruin it. I’m not saying women can’t do what they like on here but if more are more are going the route of social interaction and meet and greets compared to meeting 1:1, you’ll see meets becoming few and far between on here. A lot comes into play before a meet is considered obviously but surely to god, signing up to online sites where you have oodles of people, you realise you’re going to come across a % of strange individuals?! If more and more women go down the route of changing the interpretation of how they interact (meaning they only meet at meet and greets and socials), then fellas signing up here looking for no strings fun and meets in a 1:1 capacity are going to become more frustrated! I’d say you have way more lads signing up here who have no interest whatsoever in the party /social scene. Should you have to attend a party/meet and greet to potentially hit it off with someone in a no strings fun capacity? Imo no, but the site is going alot more that way. "

But by it's very nature, swinging IS a social activity, it's a lifestyle, hence the popularity of social events.

What you're describing is not a swinging site but Tinder, Bumble PoF etc.

Unfortunately, swinging sites will attract assholes and strange people more than dating sites (because they think we have no morals and basically anything goes) so I'm not surprised that many ladies (while they may have joined initially for private meets) discover the social side, start making friends, start feeling safer, have a whole lot of fun and decide to only meet guys that way.

By *rAndMrsRightCouple
50 weeks ago

newtownabbey

_ofusplus took words out of my mouth.

I would also like to add that many people who never been to a single social imagine group social events to be some kind of weird group where if a guy walks into a room and everyone just stares at him because he doesn't know anyone or whatever other fantasy they're having.

While in reality it is just a night out in a bar or club like any other vanilla one - only difference is that at an organized social people who are attending are vetted, predators are avoided as much as possible and everyone who's going out are actually interested in meeting people, so everyone is "on a pull". You can attend a group social and still have that 1-1 experience.

To me when a man says he doesn't do socials and prefers private 1-1 rings alarm bells first - why do you not want me to feel safe? As we can perfectly have that private 1-1 surrounded by people who are looking out for me if something goes wrong but simultaneously minding their own business.

Missus

By *ofusplusCouple
50 weeks ago

Limerick

"_ofusplus took words out of my mouth.

I would also like to add that many people who never been to a single social imagine group social events to be some kind of weird group where if a guy walks into a room and everyone just stares at him because he doesn't know anyone or whatever other fantasy they're having.

While in reality it is just a night out in a bar or club like any other vanilla one - only difference is that at an organized social people who are attending are vetted, predators are avoided as much as possible and everyone who's going out are actually interested in meeting people, so everyone is "on a pull". You can attend a group social and still have that 1-1 experience.

To me when a man says he doesn't do socials and prefers private 1-1 rings alarm bells first - why do you not want me to feel safe? As we can perfectly have that private 1-1 surrounded by people who are looking out for me if something goes wrong but simultaneously minding their own business.

Missus "

Agreed and I will add that a man who goes out of his comfort zone to attend socials and makes the effort to talk to people is a very attractive man indeed

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

Missus The bottom line though still occurs. There are a lot more genuine folk on here then otherwise. The problem is the few bad eggs which are the minority, ruin it. I’m not saying women can’t do what they like on here but if more are more are going the route of social interaction and meet and greets compared to meeting 1:1, you’ll see meets becoming few and far between on here. A lot comes into play before a meet is considered obviously but surely to god, signing up to online sites where you have oodles of people, you realise you’re going to come across a % of strange individuals?! If more and more women go down the route of changing the interpretation of how they interact (meaning they only meet at meet and greets and socials), then fellas signing up here looking for no strings fun and meets in a 1:1 capacity are going to become more frustrated! I’d say you have way more lads signing up here who have no interest whatsoever in the party /social scene. Should you have to attend a party/meet and greet to potentially hit it off with someone in a no strings fun capacity? Imo no, but the site is going alot more that way.

But by it's very nature, swinging IS a social activity, it's a lifestyle, hence the popularity of social events.

What you're describing is not a swinging site but Tinder, Bumble PoF etc.

Unfortunately, swinging sites will attract assholes and strange people more than dating sites (because they think we have no morals and basically anything goes) so I'm not surprised that many ladies (while they may have joined initially for private meets) discover the social side, start making friends, start feeling safer, have a whole lot of fun and decide to only meet guys that way."

Been honest about it, I think any site where you meet in this capacity has the potential to draw in weirdos, it’s not just here. I’d also be confident enough in saying, of all the singles who sign up here, I’d say the majority are not swingers. Your position is kinda slightly different in that you’re a couple. I’m more talking about singles.

By *rAndMrsRightCouple
50 weeks ago

newtownabbey

I was talking about it from a singles perspective as I was a single woman on here for a good while.

I was on pof for a few years too and can confidently say that I never felt threatened nor pushed into things I didn't want to do by anyone I met on pof. Yes, there's lots of weirdos on those platforms too.

Fab does attract more men who feel entitled to have their way as they see it women who join a swingers site being easy and anything goes, here to drain their balls. Gosh all you have to do is read some status updates to make your skin crawl.

By *oghunter33Woman
50 weeks ago

on the hill NordWest of

I'm watching the fab circus for many years, I came to the conclusion that if you can't figure out yourself how to make fab work you don't belong here. Simple as that. Fab isn't rocket science.

You can throw all the advise and help out there, the fab failure rate stays the same and you might be giving the wrong people tips.

So I'm afraid OP, imo all your Sidney University research is a waste of time.

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

"I was talking about it from a singles perspective as I was a single woman on here for a good while.

I was on pof for a few years too and can confidently say that I never felt threatened nor pushed into things I didn't want to do by anyone I met on pof. Yes, there's lots of weirdos on those platforms too.

Fab does attract more men who feel entitled to have their way as they see it women who join a swingers site being easy and anything goes, here to drain their balls. Gosh all you have to do is read some status updates to make your skin crawl. "

maybe men see it that way alrite but of the single men who sign up here, like I was saying, most I think want the potential of meeting women for maybe a coffee and see does it develop. They have no interest in the party meet and greet scene. It’s just something I have spotted with women a lot more on this site.

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

"I'm watching the fab circus for many years, I came to the conclusion that if you can't figure out yourself how to make fab work you don't belong here. Simple as that. Fab isn't rocket science.

You can throw all the advise and help out there, the fab failure rate stays the same and you might be giving the wrong people tips.

"

in reality, what I have been saying here is men shouldn’t have to go 2 a party/meet and greet to meet women but it’s more and more going that way.

By *rAndMrsRightCouple
50 weeks ago

newtownabbey

"I was talking about it from a singles perspective as I was a single woman on here for a good while.

Fab does attract more men who feel entitled to have their way as they see it women who join a swingers site being easy and anything goes, here to drain their balls. Gosh all you have to do is read some status updates to make your skin crawl. maybe men see it that way alrite but of the single men who sign up here, like I was saying, most I think want the potential of meeting women for maybe a coffee and see does it develop. They have no interest in the party meet and greet scene. It’s just something I have spotted with women a lot more on this site. "

Absolutely, they shouldn't do anything they don't want to.

But.... from years of experience also - most of the time when you offer someone to meet 1-1 for a coffee and see if you get along.

Most don't show up or cancel as soon as you make it clear that a coffee is just a coffee and there will be no bjs happening.

Go figure.

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

Fab does attract more men who feel entitled to have their way as they see it women who join a swingers site being easy and anything goes, here to drain their balls. Gosh all you have to do is read some status updates to make your skin crawl. maybe men see it that way alrite but of the single men who sign up here, like I was saying, most I think want the potential of meeting women for maybe a coffee and see does it develop. They have no interest in the party meet and greet scene. It’s just something I have spotted with women a lot more on this site.

But.... from years of experience also - most of the time when you offer someone to meet 1-1 for a coffee and see if you get along.

Most don't show up or cancel as soon as you make it clear that a coffee is just a coffee and there will be no bjs happening.

Go figure.

"

just out of curiosity, did the men have to travel far for those coffees?

By *rAndMrsRightCouple
50 weeks ago

newtownabbey

Fab does attract more men who feel entitled to have their way as they see it women who join a swingers site being easy and anything goes, here to drain their balls. Gosh all you have to do is read some status updates to make your skin crawl. maybe men see it that way alrite but of the single men who sign up here, like I was saying, most I think want the potential of meeting women for maybe a coffee and see does it develop. They have no interest in the party meet and greet scene. It’s just something I have spotted with women a lot more on this site.

Go figure.

just out of curiosity, did the men have to travel far for those coffees?"

Never. I always refused to meet anyone who didn't live in Belfast just from previous bad experiences where some people expected sexual favours for their trouble.

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

Go figure.

Never. I always refused to meet anyone who didn't live in Belfast just from previous bad experiences where some people expected sexual favours for their trouble. "

and they just never turned up was it? Have you had more positive or negative exp with single men on here?

By *rAndMrsRightCouple
50 weeks ago

newtownabbey

Go figure.

Never. I always refused to meet anyone who didn't live in Belfast just from previous bad experiences where some people expected sexual favours for their trouble. and they just never turned up was it? Have you had more positive or negative exp with single men on here?"

When I was single - there was absolutely less no shows/last min cancelations from single men, zero no shows from women and couples. Although I only ever agreed to meet people I've been chatting to for a while and built a rapport with. Even taking all of that into account - 100% of cancelations and no shows happened after me expressing that a social is a social - nothing sexual will happen, please don't have expectations (disclaimer that I felt I had to add because of previous bad experiences with pushyness and straight up assault).

As a couple- I can count on one hand how many single men showed up to meet us for a coffee or a drink. No shows from women and couples- still zero, all of them show up and never cancel.

Granted these days we don't have the time to chat for ages and ages, so we just prefer now meeting people face to face with very little chat online which I feel is affecting that issue.

It would be a lot more disappointing tho if we did spend a long time chatting online for them to not show up in the end too

By *oghunter33Woman
50 weeks ago

on the hill NordWest of

"I'm watching the fab circus for many years, I came to the conclusion that if you can't figure out yourself how to make fab work you don't belong here. Simple as that. Fab isn't rocket science.

in reality, what I have been saying here is men shouldn’t have to go 2 a party/meet and greet to meet women but it’s more and more going that way. "

Nobody's forcing men to go to socials. It's an easy way to meet other fabbers and part of the scene. If it's not your thing stay away.

There's fair amount of men on here who never went/go to one of those events and still get meets. So it's possible.

You making it sound like it's somehow unfair what men have to do to get their willy dipped

There's no entitlement when signing up here. In other words there's no leg over warranty or fuck vouchers or dial a ride or pity sucks.

If you can't get a meet, fecking tough. For pressure relief use your two hands.

By *alway19Man
50 weeks ago

galway/ Westmeath

For people who are new to fab they have this belief that they are entitled to get reply’s from everyone.

For some (depending on location and other variables) it might be easy to meet people on a weekly, even daily basis. However the reality is it is not a prostitution site. Therefore you will need to put in some kind of effort on your approach to messaging other members.

I am a firm believer in quality over quantity and have met some amazing people on here. Be patient and be willing to go that extra mile especially for someone you have connected with.

Respect

Respect

Respect!

I don’t think that needs to be explained.

Best of luck to all and I think the OP ideas are great.

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

in reality, what I have been saying here is men shouldn’t have to go 2 a party/meet and greet to meet women but it’s more and more going that way.

Nobody's forcing men to go to socials. It's an easy way to meet other fabbers and part of the scene. If it's not your thing stay away.

There's fair amount of men on here who never went/go to one of those events and still get meets. So it's possible.

You making it sound like it's somehow unfair what men have to do to get their willy dipped

There's no entitlement when signing up here. In other words there's no leg over warranty or fuck vouchers or dial a ride or pity sucks.

If you can't get a meet, fecking tough. For pressure relief use your two hands.

"

im making the point that going by what I’m reading more and more women are opting out of the 1:1 scenario, that’s all

50 weeks ago

The West

"

im making the point that going by what I’m reading more and more women are opting out of the 1:1 scenario, that’s all "

What are you basing this on?

I only ask because this has not been my experience and I would add that the forum isn't really representative of fab at large. It's a very tiny percentage of the overall membership.

I've had quite a few one to one coffee socials in the six months I've been on fab.

50 weeks ago

The West

"

Learning new things is always a worthwhile pursuit

By *affa31Woman
50 weeks ago

Galway

The vast majority of my meets are 1:1, not people I meet at socials and this is the way it’s always been for me and always will be.

As the ice cream man said, the forums are not representative of fab and while there are some who prefer to make contacts at socials, I would have said that I’ve seen more couples make that statement than single women.

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

Numerous profile text plus status updates over the last 5/6 months. It’s just a big increase on what I witnessed in the past.

50 weeks ago

The West

"Numerous profile text plus status updates over the last 5/6 months. It’s just a big increase on what I witnessed in the past. "

That's not a lot to go on to be fair.

I have to say the advantages of attending a social event are too many to enumerate but I'll throw out the most obvious ones here.

Most single guys don't turn up.

Read that again.

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

"Numerous profile text plus status updates over the last 5/6 months. It’s just a big increase on what I witnessed in the past.

I have to say the advantages of attending a social event are too many to enumerate but I'll throw out the most obvious ones here.

Read that again.

"

most single guys I’d say with confidence sign up here for one reason

By *rAndMrsRightCouple
50 weeks ago

newtownabbey

And don't even turn up to that one reason either lol

50 weeks ago

The West

"Numerous profile text plus status updates over the last 5/6 months. It’s just a big increase on what I witnessed in the past.

Read that again.

most single guys I’d say with confidence sign up here for one reason "

Everyone on this site signed up for the same reason.

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

Read that again.

"

and that was part of my initial point. With many, especially females that goes out the window. “Not meeting” “ only meeting at meet and greets socials” etc etc. I wouldn’t say one person signed up here day 1 just for the forum and or meet and greet parties. To me it’s like the few bad eggs put a lot off and also it’s like to some it was unexpected. Signing up to any online site you have to remember there is bad eggs everywhere. Also, the “advice” given to single men on here. All that could be followed and they still might not be successful. It’s the nature of the website but I feel sorry for some men been told what to do on here as if it’s all their fault that they’re not getting anywhere. I personally don’t think it’s always the man’s fault.

50 weeks ago

The West

Read that again.

and that was part of my initial point. With many, especially females that goes out the window. “Not meeting” “ only meeting at meet and greets socials” etc etc. I wouldn’t say one person signed up here day 1 just for the forum and or meet and greet parties. To me it’s like the few bad eggs put a lot off and also it’s like to some it was unexpected. Signing up to any online site you have to remember there is bad eggs everywhere. Also, the “advice” given to single men on here. All that could be followed and they still might not be successful. It’s the nature of the website but I feel sorry for some men been told what to do on here as if it’s all their fault that they’re not getting anywhere. I personally don’t think it’s always the man’s fault. "

I can see your running with your theory that most women won't meet up for one to one socials.

It isn't true.

I think your just being argumentative for the sake of it and have no real dog in this race.

This will be my last reply to you on this thread.

This debate is over.

If anyone else would like to take the survey please to jump on.

I will be publishing the results tomorrow

By *ealitybitesMan
50 weeks ago

Belfast

My experience has been very mixed over the years.

The vast majority of women I've spoken to have never been to a social and have no wish to go to one for various reasons including not being good in large groups to not wanting to bump into someone they know.

I've never once heard anyone say they thought attending socials was a safer option. Most said they preferred to be in control of who they met through the site and they couldn't do that at a group social while a few claimed socials were more dangerous because they had been to some where they had to fend off people they had blocked or had previously met one to one and had no wish to ever see again.

I've left one event due to the male half of a couple pestering my friend for sex from the moment they walked in and apparently did likewise with most of the other women there.

I can only imagine this is not a unique experience for single women attending events.

I've been to a few socials and again the experience has been varied.

Some are very welcoming and mixing is very easy with chatgroups beforehand to put people at ease.

Others are a closed shop despite what they may say.

Those are the ones where the hosts make no effort whatsoever to make newcomers feel welcome or make a few introductions.

I've been told in the past that certain events don't have chatgroups but then asked on the night why I wasn't in the group.

Logistics on the night can also make or break a newbies experience.

The wrong venue that makes it impossible to move around or chat to anyone apart from whoever you are sitting beside and music so loud you can only communicate with sign language.

I don't envy the amount of work that goes into planning and organising an event but they certainly aren't the only answer for someone trying to find their feet and who is already nervous.

50 weeks ago

Tipperary

Read that again.

and that was part of my initial point. With many, especially females that goes out the window. “Not meeting” “ only meeting at meet and greets socials” etc etc. I wouldn’t say one person signed up here day 1 just for the forum and or meet and greet parties. To me it’s like the few bad eggs put a lot off and also it’s like to some it was unexpected. Signing up to any online site you have to remember there is bad eggs everywhere. Also, the “advice” given to single men on here. All that could be followed and they still might not be successful. It’s the nature of the website but I feel sorry for some men been told what to do on here as if it’s all their fault that they’re not getting anywhere. I personally don’t think it’s always the man’s fault.

I can see your running with your theory that most women won't meet up for one to one socials.

It isn't true.

I think your just being argumentative for the sake of it and have no real dog in this race.

This will be my last reply to you on this thread.

This debate is over.

If anyone else would like to take the survey please to jump on.

I will be publishing the results tomorrow "

I never said most women won’t meet up for one to one socials. I said, I have seen an increase going by what women say in the last few months that a lot more are now only meeting at the meet and greet party social stage.

By *tand and DeliverMan
50 weeks ago

the wicked west

This time ~3 weeks

This time ~3 weeks

(First time on fab took a few months at least - this time I was lucky as its a new name and no one I talked to before would probably remember)

A kind woman saw me post on forums and offered to verify me

Probably not

Like other men have said, most women will look at that like it isn't a well enough earned verification at best or dodgy/into men at worst

Plus, I don't want to waste much time on this for what I'm here for

50 weeks ago

That’s the thorn in my side. I can’t get meets without being verified but how can I get verified if no one will meet. Haha it can be a strange place in here on fab or is it me I keep asking myself that’s strange…

50 weeks ago

The West

"That’s the thorn in my side. I can’t get meets without being verified but how can I get verified if no one will meet. Haha it can be a strange place in here on fab or is it me I keep asking myself that’s strange…"

What kind of things have you tried?

50 weeks ago

Ive tried the likes of asking to go on a social for coffee/chat etc still same won’t meet if not verified. So it goes back to how can get verified if won’t meet

By *og-ManMan
50 weeks ago

somewhere

"Ive tried the likes of asking to go on a social for coffee/chat etc still same won’t meet if not verified. So it goes back to how can get verified if won’t meet "

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/ireland/1515519

There you go an ideal social for you run by a great couple

50 weeks ago

The West

I forgot that I was on holidays.

So I'll get back to tabulation on Monday.

By *indenMan
50 weeks ago

Naas which is South West of Dublin

"

"

About 3 years….

About a year….

I posted a picture of my wang and chose a lucky winner from the avalanche of PM’s I instantly received….

(Patience and forum interaction/flirting followed by PM’s.)

Yes, no problem helping with verifications….

50 weeks ago

The West

Thanks Linden.

By *indenMan
50 weeks ago

Naas which is South West of Dublin

"Thanks Linden.

"

Xx…..