Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Manners it costs nothing

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
39 weeks ago

So iv been on here and browsing through some really good profiles and I decided to send a message polite respectful messages with reading profiles ie age group ECT what the profile is looking for out of maybe close to 50 messages sent iv received back to replies is it so difficult to just respond and say no thanks or not for me ECT as it says manners cost nothing

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ealitybitesMan
39 weeks ago

Belfast

It's a common complaint with hundreds of forum threads on the subject but with a very simple answer which is in the site FAQ's.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan
39 weeks ago

Tipperary

"So iv been on here and browsing through some really good profiles and I decided to send a message polite respectful messages with reading profiles ie age group ECT what the profile is looking for out of maybe close to 50 messages sent iv received back to replies is it so difficult to just respond and say no thanks or not for me ECT as it says manners cost nothing "
what it comes down to is the volume of men on the site to women. There is way more men on here so women have the choice. She’s also probably getting a fair number of messages and can’t reply to them all.

By *ixenforfunWoman
39 weeks ago

banes mask

Its like this. I look at a profile before i answer a message. If theres nothing in there for me ill delete. Yes manners dont cost anything but when you are hit constantly with why nots, eff you youre just a such and such so i stopped answering with no thanks. Even with my filters i still get a chunk of mail every day. I dont want to spend my evenings sending no thanks messages when i could be having chats with people i want to meet. The FaQs quite clearly state the stance on no replies.

By *rAndMrsRightCouple
39 weeks ago

newtownabbey

OP, please read and reply to every single post below. It's only a polite thing to do. Manners cost nothing:

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/introductions/1508135

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/1410052

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/1284191

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/1327454

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/wales/1265363

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/1254220

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/1235512

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/1201921

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/1140611

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/ireland/1069151

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/956923

That's just a few.... there's hundreds if not thousands of more where it came from.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
39 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

Profile pics also cost nothing

Why would anyone respond to a profile that can’t even be bothered to put a photo up to show even vaguely anything about them

Put the violin away

By *ilthyNightsCouple
39 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Wouldn't even open a message from a profile with no profile pic. If opened it by accident we would have zero interest as there are no profile pics either.

By *osyRedLipsWoman
39 weeks ago

Kildare

Picture this the roles are reversed and men of Fab are highly in demand. Your inbox has hundreds of messages from women. Most of them not your type too far away or have blank profiles or just send hi messages.

Are you honestly going to spend all that time every day replying no thanks to every single message. Then reply all over again when they don't take no for a answer?

By *antas_number_one_elfWoman
39 weeks ago

dublin

Nobody owes you a reply, and it doesn’t mean the person you message lacks manners, it means they’re not interested and there’s no point in wasting anyone’s time dragging that out.

By *imisugarWoman
39 weeks ago

Rugby

You may get more responses if you work on your profile.

By *aracarCouple
39 weeks ago

waterford

I think people need to be thick skinned on this site people are not gonna reply to every message so move on. As long as your not getting rude replies just accept it's not you.

By *osyRedLipsWoman
39 weeks ago

Kildare

I sent messages yesterday some weren't replied to some were left unread. Did I feel the need to call a Wambulance no I just got over it!

By (user no longer on site)
39 weeks ago

"I sent messages yesterday some weren't replied to some were left unread. Did I feel the need to call a Wambulance no I just got over it! "

If you send me a message I will read it and respond

By *hoenixagamTV/TS
39 weeks ago

Rural

Maybe you should alter your profile, trying to get into someone's mind would freak me out. Basically I'm impenetrable and quite savvy and self aware Sinclair couldn't even get into my psyche,I'm too clued in for any bullshit l.

Saying you like to push boundaries sounds like you're not really interested in boundaries and pushing someone's boundaries could be considered undermining someone's trust or ability to feel safe and comfortable

Pic's help too and desperation is definitely a red flag in my observations .

39 weeks ago

If you want genuine feedback why not post one of the messages, maybe someone might give you some advice and it could help. Or don't.

It really is ladies choice all night , Evey night.

By *exesrangerMan
39 weeks ago

city

Jaysus !!!!

I can't believe you sent out almost 50 msgs in just one sitting. 50?

How did it go ?

Super hot women

Hot women, and so on

All subjective to ones likes and dislike of course but you've no profile pic so it begs the question. How many msgs did you send to ppl with no profile pic ??

By *rAndMrsRightCouple
39 weeks ago

newtownabbey

"Jaysus !!!!

I can't believe you sent out almost 50 msgs in just one sitting. 50?

How did it go ?

Super hot women

Hot women, and so on

All subjective to ones likes and dislike of course but you've no profile pic so it begs the question. How many msgs did you send to ppl with no profile pic ?? "

FANTASTIC point! Bravo!

By *astelloWoman
39 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

Manners cost nothing

But somedays I just want to be a bitch

But I am nice

By *adrarfjordr VoyeurMan
39 weeks ago

Waterford

"So iv been on here and browsing through some really good profiles and I decided to send a message polite respectful messages with reading profiles ie age group ECT what the profile is looking for out of maybe close to 50 messages sent iv received back to replies is it so difficult to just respond and say no thanks or not for me ECT as it says manners cost nothing "

A friend of mine got about 100 messages in the first 20 minutes after registering here and she had over 300 by the end of the first hour so it can be difficult to get around to reading messages never mind replying

By *rBandMrsGCouple
39 weeks ago

Kilkenny

"Picture this the roles are reversed and men of Fab are highly in demand. Your inbox has hundreds of messages from women. Most of them not your type too far away or have blank profiles or just send hi messages.

Are you honestly going to spend all that time every day replying no thanks to every single message. Then reply all over again when they don't take no for a answer? "

Few weeks back somebody shared a screenshot of their profile on kik and it had over 80 unread messages. From what I understand that can be on the low side for some people.

I can barely clear my personal email account and my work email, that many messages on fab would make me want to hire somebody for the fabmin

By *osepearlWoman
39 weeks ago

bray

[Removed by poster at 05/10/23 20:12:24]

By *osepearlWoman
39 weeks ago

bray

[Removed by poster at 05/10/23 20:12:38]

39 weeks ago

It also helps if you don’t just copy and paste other people’s bios…I’ve a good memory and I’ve read those ‘lines’ before

By *osepearlWoman
39 weeks ago

bray

"Picture this the roles are reversed and men of Fab are highly in demand. Your inbox has hundreds of messages from women. Most of them not your type too far away or have blank profiles or just send hi messages.

Are you honestly going to spend all that time every day replying no thanks to every single message. Then reply all over again when they don't take no for a answer?

Few weeks back somebody shared a screenshot of their profile on kik and it had over 80 unread messages. From what I understand that can be on the low side for some people.

I can barely clear my personal email account and my work email, that many messages on fab would make me want to hire somebody for the fabmin "

I have over 500 messages and I can’t get rid off even half of them, help

By *osepearlWoman
39 weeks ago

bray

"It also helps if you don’t just copy and paste other people’s bios…I’ve a good memory and I’ve read those ‘lines’ before "

Agree it’s so nothing when copy paste, I ignore them too

By *electableicecreamMan
39 weeks ago

The West

I'm offering a fabmin service going forward.

Will work for food.

By *rBandMrsGCouple
39 weeks ago

Kilkenny

"

I have over 500 messages and I can’t get rid off even half of them, help "

500!

How does somebody even manage with that?

Occasionally just select all and delete?

By *og-ManMan
39 weeks ago

somewhere

I just think its all the bloody womens fault

Feck sake ladies get your act together

By *rBandMrsGCouple
39 weeks ago

Kilkenny

First day we created our profile it got about 30 messages first day and that was with no photos, it being a couple profile and very little text.

We blocked single men after that, even with our clear profile when we unblocked them a few weeks back we still got lots of messages

So blocked them again...

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple
39 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

Am I out of touch?

No, it's the ladies who are wrong.

39 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 05/10/23 21:15:53]

39 weeks ago

"Nobody owes you a reply, and it doesn’t mean the person you message lacks manners, it means they’re not interested and there’s no point in wasting anyone’s time dragging that out. "

With some of the messages you’ve received and posted on on your profile… I can understand a complete reluctance to even open unsolicited messages

Very funny profile btw

39 weeks ago

dublin

"Nobody owes you a reply, and it doesn’t mean the person you message lacks manners, it means they’re not interested and there’s no point in wasting anyone’s time dragging that out.

With some of the messages you’ve received and posted on on your profile… I can understand a complete reluctance to even open unsolicited messages

Very funny profile btw"

Thank you I still lol when I read them too

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
39 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

"Am I out of touch?

No, it's the ladies who are wrong."

Thank god, someone who gets it

By *rish_GuyMan
39 weeks ago

Foxford

True, it doesn't alright.

That said, you say on your profile that you were on here before. Did you do this back then?

How did you get on then?

50 messages? That took some work. Fair do's to you.

Like what was said already, by the different posters.

You didn't help yourself, by doing that, considering you were on here in the past. Look after your own profile, interact on here more, then they (MIGHT) be willing to answer/interact with you. It mightn't be nice or easy. It's the luck of the draw, with being on here, more or less OP.

39 weeks ago

"Nobody owes you a reply, and it doesn’t mean the person you message lacks manners, it means they’re not interested and there’s no point in wasting anyone’s time dragging that out.

Very funny profile btw

Thank you I still lol when I read them too "

My favourite is the one about you disappointing your ancestors. That must have hurt

39 weeks ago

I’ll fire off some messages every now and then but usually include a face pic… some people reply some don’t… with all of the normal dating apps that people are used to seeing photos so it’s a bit 90’s to message someone with none up… can’t see you ever really getting anywhere without some visible…

39 weeks ago

dublin

Very funny profile btw

My favourite is the one about you disappointing your ancestors. That must have hurt "

Not even a little bit. With the accommodation crisis I’m kind of honored to live rent free in those peoples head haha

By *ind PaddyMan
39 weeks ago

South County Dublin

Very funny profile btw

Thank you I still lol when I read them too "

Did someone really offer you 4,000.00 euros

39 weeks ago

dublin

Very funny profile btw

Did someone really offer you 4,000.00 euros"

all of those messages are direct copy and paste! Someone asked me if I was on EI and got annoyed when I asked what EI was

39 weeks ago

Very funny profile btw

Did someone really offer you 4,000.00 eurosall of those messages are direct copy and paste! Someone asked me if I was on EI and got annoyed when I asked what EI was "

What is EI

By *ind PaddyMan
39 weeks ago

South County Dublin

Very funny profile btw

Did someone really offer you 4,000.00 eurosall of those messages are direct copy and paste! Someone asked me if I was on EI and got annoyed when I asked what EI was "

What is EI anyway. I've read your profile and some of the replies leave a lot to be desired. Half of those guys must be keyboard warriors. I've been to a few socials and most of the guys lads and ladies are sound. Sorry about the replies thankfully not all men are like that.

By *xplicitMan
39 weeks ago

donegal

I accompanied a girl to a few socials parties and we also met on our own a few years back. At one point she had 1300 unread mails . OP I’m assuming you’re inexperienced on here, but you will soon realise sending unsolicited mail on its own simply doesn’t work .

39 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 05/10/23 23:05:16]

39 weeks ago

Ok now we know what E.I is everyday is a school day

By *osepearlWoman
39 weeks ago

bray

"

I have over 500 messages and I can’t get rid off even half of them, help

500!

How does somebody even manage with that?

Occasionally just select all and delete?

"

I can’t delete al as I chatting with few guys and I don’t want to mess with them. I have a lot filters , but it’s not really working. 5 minutes online I will get from 5 messages and up.

By *llthewaysMan
39 weeks ago

Somewhere

No reply is a reply on Fab. Simple as.

It sucks but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

By *inkywife1981Couple
39 weeks ago

A town near you

Have a read of our profile and you may realise why most don't reply esp as you say you've seen some really good profiles!

By *indenMan
39 weeks ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

Only 50 messages?

Phhhh, amateur……

Did you remember to attach a dic pic, just in case?

In this instance manners cost time, and some people don’t have much to waste, their saving their time by not replying and they’re saving your time by not giving to read a rejection, you really should be more grateful…..

To all who haven’t replied to my messages, thank you, I appreciate it…..

39 weeks ago

Look if u can't bother putting up a pic or two, why should anyone bother answering u

By *iraeireMan
39 weeks ago

Dublin

Ah, the struggle is real. Even with a profile filled with enticing pics and a captivating bio, the chances on fab can still be slim. It seems that real women are quite rare around here.

By *inkywife1981Couple
39 weeks ago

A town near you

"Ah, the struggle is real. Even with a profile filled with enticing pics and a captivating bio, the chances on fab can still be slim. It seems that real women are quite rare around here."

Lots of Real women but just the ratio of men is crazy so the odds are stacked.

Post new Message to Thread