Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ind PaddyMan
51 weeks ago

South County Dublin

I'm not running it but I have volunteer to help out

By (user no longer on site)
51 weeks ago

Definitely doing a marathon next year. Possibly not the Dublin marathon though as I hear it’s difficult to get an entry. There are plenty of others

By *tarman44Man
51 weeks ago

waterford

Yea , training away for it

By *acob12369Man
51 weeks ago

URPANTS

Naturally fit , might give it a go.

By *hewayitgoesMan
51 weeks ago

London

Yes. I'm my ninth Dublin marathon

By *atherjackhackettMan
51 weeks ago

Tipperary

Should this be the Dublin City Snickers?

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple
51 weeks ago

kinda dublin

When I was a young pup and full of notions, I signed up my 1st Marathon series,but had accidentally downloaded the schedule for a previous year!

I came back from holidays thinking I had another week or so to recover from holidays and get back in shape for the half marathon, but my t shirt had arrived in the post with tomorrow's date printed on it.

Zero food in the house, didn't carb load or sleep well before. It was the most horrible gruelling experience of my life. Wouldn't recommend it

By *ealitybitesMan
51 weeks ago

Belfast

"When I was a young pup and full of notions, I signed up my 1st Marathon series,but had accidentally downloaded the schedule for a previous year!

I came back from holidays thinking I had another week or so to recover from holidays and get back in shape for the half marathon, but my t shirt had arrived in the post with tomorrow's date printed on it.

Zero food in the house, didn't carb load or sleep well before. It was the most horrible gruelling experience of my life. Wouldn't recommend it "

At least you weren't like the guy in the half marathon in Wales who took a 2 mile shortcut and queried why he wasn't on the leaderboard.

His gps tracker showed were he was at the halfway stage and he would have needed a world record time to reach the finish line when he did.

He sent the gpx file from his smartwatch as evidence that he had done it but it was for a different route completed in 2022.

Now banned from all official events in Wales.

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple
51 weeks ago

kinda dublin

"When I was a young pup and full of notions, I signed up my 1st Marathon series,but had accidentally downloaded the schedule for a previous year!

Zero food in the house, didn't carb load or sleep well before. It was the most horrible gruelling experience of my life. Wouldn't recommend it

At least you weren't like the guy in the half marathon in Wales who took a 2 mile shortcut and queried why he wasn't on the leaderboard.

His gps tracker showed were he was at the halfway stage and he would have needed a world record time to reach the finish line when he did.

He sent the gpx file from his smartwatch as evidence that he had done it but it was for a different route completed in 2022.

Now banned from all official events in Wales. "

Haha. Cheaters never prosper.

By *rish10ladMan
51 weeks ago

Dublin

Yes,I am. Into week 13 now, nearly there. Can't wait for a proper session after it

By *ikey2022Eire OP   Man
51 weeks ago

Clare

"Yes,I am. Into week 13 now, nearly there. Can't wait for a proper session after it "

Best of luck with it, a brilliant day out.

By *ilo86Man
49 weeks ago

bristol

I'm running it, arrive on Friday. Haven't done enough long runs but should get round it sub 3.45 hopefully

By *ikey2022Eire OP   Man
49 weeks ago

Clare

Best of luck

Post new Message to Thread