Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Seeking conversation closure

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
40 weeks ago

This could be a hugely naive post, but do other people find a conversation suddenly dies after sharing a face pic.

I've had a few people be upfront and say sorry, not my type, but unfortunately they're few an far between.

How do you end a chat if you suddenly don't feel it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
40 weeks ago

Better for it to happen here, then agree to meet when you’re unsure. Then you meet and there is no attraction and now you have to explain why and try not to hurt anyone’s feelings. We all say honesty is the best policy but you don’t want to be unkind.

By *osyRedLipsWoman
40 weeks ago

Kildare

Could be worse if you're on Feeld etc it's brutal. If you send a face picture and if they aren't into you they disconnect the conversation.

By *electableicecreamMan
40 weeks ago

The West

Easy come easy go. That's the nature of the beast. It's the same, if not worse as Rosy said, on the apps.

40 weeks ago

I’ve sent face pics and got blocked straight away, at other times they’ve sent a pic back but the conversation just stops. They don’t block you or any they just don’t reply to messages. In some cases you end up thinking what have I done, other times it pretty obvious they’re not into you.

Mostly when that happens the other person doesn’t want to end the conversation by saying you’re not their type incase you get nasty and they just don’t say anything. Most women on here I feel aren’t attracted to me, sending private messages is something I very rarely do these days. Women and couples are inundated with messages, hundreds every day.

Sometimes It feels like I did something wrong in the first place by sending a message when the other person doesn’t reply. Other times I think to myself that person wouldn’t be interested in me purely by what it said in their profile and their profile pics so I don’t send them a message. Is this purely negativity from me?, yes it is, but surely I’m not the only person to feel the same way!

By *osyRedLipsWoman
40 weeks ago

Kildare

Can I just suggest to any guys having this issue have a look at the face picture your sending. Us women have perfected the selfie but a lot of men can't seem to take a good one. I've met men in person at events and they look completely different in person. Your selfie is like your calling card so put a bit of effort in.

By *osyRedLipsWoman
40 weeks ago

Kildare

Try taking selfies from different angles to find the most flattering one. In most instances, holding the camera slightly above your head is the optimal angle. Holding it below your head and looking down can create an unflattering double chin. Play around with light as well.

By *olverineMan
40 weeks ago

ennis

"Can I just suggest to any guys having this issue have a look at the face picture your sending. Us women have perfected the selfie but a lot of men can't seem to take a good one. I've met men in person at events and they look completely different in person. Your selfie is like your calling card so put a bit of effort in. "

What about the people that have totally photo shoped there photos and look nothing like what they put up is that not miss leading..

By *osyRedLipsWoman
40 weeks ago

Kildare

"Can I just suggest to any guys having this issue have a look at the face picture your sending. Us women have perfected the selfie but a lot of men can't seem to take a good one. I've met men in person at events and they look completely different in person. Your selfie is like your calling card so put a bit of effort in.

What about the people that have totally photo shoped there photos and look nothing like what they put up is that not miss leading.."

I'm not telling them to do that do I wouldn't condone that I'm saying make a effort not stick a million filters on

By *erry cMan
40 weeks ago

Longford westmeath

"Can I just suggest to any guys having this issue have a look at the face picture your sending. Us women have perfected the selfie but a lot of men can't seem to take a good one. I've met men in person at events and they look completely different in person. Your selfie is like your calling card so put a bit of effort in.

What about the people that have totally photo shoped there photos and look nothing like what they put up is that not miss leading..

I'm not telling them to do that do I wouldn't condone that I'm saying make a effort not stick a million filters on "

ì tried taking pic Camera broke what does that tell u

By *electableicecreamMan
40 weeks ago

The West

[Removed by poster at 01/10/23 09:12:46]

By *electableicecreamMan
40 weeks ago

The West

"Can I just suggest to any guys having this issue have a look at the face picture your sending. Us women have perfected the selfie but a lot of men can't seem to take a good one. I've met men in person at events and they look completely different in person. Your selfie is like your calling card so put a bit of effort in. "

This is so true. I've deleted a thousand photos of my face.

I have exactly two face photos that I'm happy with and one of them has someone else's puppy in it.

By *eijaWoman
40 weeks ago

City Centre

A really good tip for taking pics is to do a video and you can extract the best frames from it.

B x

By (user no longer on site) OP   
40 weeks ago

All good point, cheers folks will take all the above on board!

40 weeks ago

I think seeking "normal" conversation closure here is fruitless. There are a myriad of ways that people will tell you you're not for them - no response to a face photo is just one of them.

By *r_Insatiable666Man
40 weeks ago

Cork

Simplest answer. You'll get used to it.

If you want to avoid it, seriously question if you're into whoever is asking, if it's worth it, go ahead. If it's not, don't bother.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
40 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

Realistically I’ve spent minutes typing to these people so I’ve no emotional attachment and no need for closure.

If it clicks, it clicks, otherwise move onwards and upwards

By *ikey2022EireMan
40 weeks ago

Clare

I always think their loss, fok em.

By *rAndMrsRightCouple
40 weeks ago

newtownabbey

OP, your experience is one of many reasons why we believe it's best to exchange face photos upon first contact.

By *ittlekinks38Woman
40 weeks ago

outside belfast x

Unfortunately that's how it goes I've made a fair few friends on fab who show faces or I show them and we still talk even if we're not for each other....to me there's too much selection and if they don't instantly like you or your chat they ghost you .. the joys of chatting online on here or even dating sites it's all the same...if people aren't interested they go quiet....

Post new Message to Thread