Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Kink Tests (2nd try)

Jump to newest

By *panishRebel OP   Man
40 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

After a discussion with a fab friend we wanted to see what people thought about the kink tests and see if they would be posted.

I originally copied and pasted my result but forgot to take the link to another site out and thereby accidentally broke the rules. So no links to other sites please.

Remember this is a little bit of fun.

You may respond how you feel fit.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *panishRebel OP   Man
40 weeks ago

== Results from a nameless online site

93% Switch

81% Non-monogamist

79% Dominant

78% Primal (Hunter)

75% Vanilla

71% Brat tamer

62% Experimentalist

59% Rigger

57% Voyeur

55% Exhibitionist

51% Submissive

43% Primal (Prey)

40% Brat

36% Rope bunny

27% Owner

26% Masochist

24% Daddy/Mommy

18% Pet

17% Master/Mistress

5% Sadist

4% Degrader

1%.......... Can't mention this

0% Boy/Girl

0% Degradee

0% Ageplayer

By *llthewaysMan
40 weeks ago

Somewhere

Never bothered to take any of those I must admit. I just know what I like.

By *abrielxMan
40 weeks ago

Dunmanway

"Never bothered to take any of those I must admit. I just know what I like."

See now many prople say this but surely the best thing about all these lovely people is when something you didnt know about rings a bell so loud you cant go back..

By *panishRebel OP   Man
40 weeks ago

I do think it would be cool if there was a list of 100 or so kink tests on here with comments...

By *electableicecreamMan
40 weeks ago

The West

Usually when I see a list of stats attached to someone bio I just gloss over it or take a pass.

Just my preference but I'd rather find out all the same things through mutual exploration.

I know loads of people who like survey style tests though so I get that there is appeal there.

By (user no longer on site)
40 weeks ago

== Results

70% Vanilla

56% Submissive

54% Rigger

52% Dominant

49% Switch

39% Rope bunny

37% Voyeur

36% Experimentalist

34% Non-monogamist

29% Sadist

18% Brat tamer

9% Masochist

7% Daddy/Mommy

7% Owner

6% Master/Mistress

5% Exhibitionist

5% Primal (Hunter)

3% Slavx

2% Degrader

0% Primal (Prey)

0% Pet

0% Brat

0% Boy/Girl

0% Degradee

0% Ageplayer

By *astelloWoman
40 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

These tests mean nothing to me nor do I entertain them. It's a discussion between 2 parties so that's where the test is tested.

40 weeks ago

"These tests mean nothing to me nor do I entertain them. It's a discussion between 2 parties so that's where the test is tested."

The questions are weird and as you say it's a discussion with 2 people,

By *electableicecreamMan
40 weeks ago

The West

The number's are oddly specific too.

By *ensualMan
40 weeks ago

Sutton

"These tests mean nothing to me nor do I entertain them. It's a discussion between 2 parties so that's where the test is tested."

I find if I am looking to meet someone to do a "BDSM" scene or tentatively start a relationship (rather than swinging kink), I ask to see their BDSM Test. It is an easy first filter. It is also good place to start that essential discussion/ negotiation about going forward. It is one of the tools, that can be used to drill down to understand the other person.

By *ealitybitesMan
40 weeks ago

Belfast

I remember doing one of those tests years ago and it meant nothing to me but I took a screenshot of it at the time.

Sometime later I was having a conversation on here about them and I couldn't find the screenshot so I did the test again.

A few days later I found the original and compared the two and they were completely different so I knew then they weren't very accurate.

By *eroLondonMan
40 weeks ago

Mayfair

"I remember doing one of those tests years ago and it meant nothing to me but I took a screenshot of it at the time.

Sometime later I was having a conversation on here about them and I couldn't find the screenshot so I did the test again.

A few days later I found the original and compared the two and they were completely different so I knew then they weren't very accurate. "

Totally agree. I did the same thing when I first joined Fab to see what the fuss was all about. I copied the URL to save my results for no purpose whatsoever. About a year later I did it again and it bore no resemblance to my previous results.

Basically I'm vanilla with a little experimentation thrown in or, in my own self-coined phrase, 'enhanced vanilla'. For me personally I find these tests are as much use as tits on a fish.

By *electableicecreamMan
40 weeks ago

The West

"These tests mean nothing to me nor do I entertain them. It's a discussion between 2 parties so that's where the test is tested.

I find if I am looking to meet someone to do a "BDSM" scene or tentatively start a relationship (rather than swinging kink), I ask to see their BDSM Test. It is an easy first filter. It is also good place to start that essential discussion/ negotiation about going forward. It is one of the tools, that can be used to drill down to understand the other person."

That's interesting. Do you find in general that your getting an accurate feel for that person that holds up when you meet them?

By *ensualMan
39 weeks ago

Sutton

"These tests mean nothing to me nor do I entertain them. It's a discussion between 2 parties so that's where the test is tested.

I find if I am looking to meet someone to do a "BDSM" scene or tentatively start a relationship (rather than swinging kink), I ask to see their BDSM Test. It is an easy first filter. It is also good place to start that essential discussion/ negotiation about going forward. It is one of the tools, that can be used to drill down to understand the other person.

That's interesting. Do you find in general that your getting an accurate feel for that person that holds up when you meet them?"

Firstly, I don't switch. My top 3 characteristics from the test in no particular order are "Rigger, sadist, and dominant". There is little point in me meeting someone who matches me, unless they have switch in their test or they make it clear they are looking for non-hierarchical play or therapeutic play.

It's a bit like people on Fab who ask for a picture before they start a conversation. It does not define a person but it gives a quick impression of whether you want to continue with the person.

It is just a first step in a quite a long process. Unless it is pick up play at a dungeon or peer rope, I only want to get involved BDSM wise with people willing to do the work to know themselves and to establish where they are in regard to: likes and dislikes in terms of doing a scene; and emotional and relationship wants and needs.

Plus a few socials in a non pressurised situation (cafe or pub) to see if they are a person, I would want to spend time with irrespective of the play and to work through the negotiation.

I hope that helps,feel free to ask any (reasonable) BDSM questions.

By *electableicecreamMan
39 weeks ago

The West

That makes sense. I can see the benefits of already knowing that the top line kinks aren't going to match up.

Cheers for the explanation.

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
39 weeks ago

ireland

"Usually when I see a list of stats attached to someone bio I just gloss over it or take a pass.

Just my preference but I'd rather find out all the same things through mutual exploration.

I know loads of people who like survey style tests though so I get that there is appeal there."

Same !

39 weeks ago

My results from bdsm test: It's accuracy is not taken too seriously though. However, it was interesting how my love of being naked, an exhibitionist and a voyeur topped the charts. I could switch a few other outcomes around but in general it was fun to complete and the resuly wasn't bad either.

100% Voyeur

100% Exhibitionist

100% Switch

94% Experimentalist

92% Non-monogamist

91% Masochist

86% Rigger

85% Owner

85% Brat

80% Rope bunny

75% Master/Mistress

73% Degrader