Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

What is a timewaster here

Jump to newest

By *olverine OP   Man
40 weeks ago

ennis

Seen a lot of people giving out about timewasters here lately, so a question what defines a timewaster or do people just see people wasting there time on the site trying to connect with then when they have already closed the door to ordinary guinne people....let's have a chat about it...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ilthyNightsCouple
40 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Saying no, or not replying, is not time wasting. Timewasting is saying yes and then not actually carrying through

By *ealitybitesMan
40 weeks ago

Belfast

"Saying no, or not replying, is not time wasting. Timewasting is saying yes and then not actually carrying through"

More often than not the term is aimed at people who say no.

For me a timewaster is someone who has no interest in anything said on my profile and are just wasting their own time getting in touch.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
40 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

"Saying no, or not replying, is not time wasting. Timewasting is saying yes and then not actually carrying through

For me a timewaster is someone who has no interest in anything said on my profile and are just wasting their own time getting in touch. "

Totally disagree. Saying no is the opposite of wasting time. It's being honest and not causing anyone to spend time me expecting or hoping for something to happen when it's not going to.

By *ealmc1973Man
40 weeks ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipperary

As above...according to many, Timewaster on Fab is a bloke, who won't do meeting on drop of hat

By *otass and scorpioCouple
40 weeks ago

limerick cork tipperary clare waterford

Timewasters for us are ppl who are all go for a meet , the day comes and they back out with the lamest of excuses , leaving it too late to sort something else !

By (user no longer on site)
40 weeks ago

Not being interested in someone is not time-wasting. Nor is saying no or having a preference for something other than what has been offered. Not being able to genuinely find a mutually convenient time to meet is not time-wasting. Wanting to chat and get to know someone before meeting them, and in the interim finding you're not compatible after all, is not time-wasting. Chatting to someone for a while, then seeing them and deciding you're not attracted to them, is not time-wasting.

By *ealmc1973Man
40 weeks ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipperary

BTW, I have nothing against chat or the odd PM, even though both parties are aware that meeting in the real world will be highly unlikely. As long as it's done with this in mind, nothing wrong with that.

To me, personally, it's part of social scene on here.

By *ealitybitesMan
40 weeks ago

Belfast

"Saying no, or not replying, is not time wasting. Timewasting is saying yes and then not actually carrying through

For me a timewaster is someone who has no interest in anything said on my profile and are just wasting their own time getting in touch.

Totally disagree. Saying no is the opposite of wasting time. It's being honest and not causing anyone to spend time me expecting or hoping for something to happen when it's not going to. "

I agree with you. I meant that people who say no are often called timewasters by those they turn down.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
40 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Totally disagree. Saying no is the opposite of wasting time. It's being honest and not causing anyone to spend time me expecting or hoping for something to happen when it's not going to.

I agree with you. I meant that people who say no are often called timewasters by those they turn down. "

sorry I think I misunderstood you.

There is a word for people who don't accept people saying no, and it's not "timewaster"

By *ung guyMan
40 weeks ago

kildare

"Saying no, or not replying, is not time wasting. Timewasting is saying yes and then not actually carrying through"
my idea of a time waster is. Someone who goes all the way pictures exchanged loads of chatting plan a meet then just disappears and won’t write back. So all that time was wasted really. Because we all know lad's this site ain’t easy at all for us and it takes up a lot of time

40 weeks ago

A timewaster is someone who doesn't turn up for a pre-arranged meet.

Anyone who thinks they're owed something just because they exchanged a few emails needs to take a serious look at themselves.

By *UIETELLE2052Couple
40 weeks ago

Dundrum/Rathfarnham

Agree we have had a few but it’s one chance only that’s it

By *ealitybitesMan
40 weeks ago

Belfast

Unless I've actually met the person I don't see anything as time wasted and even if I have met them it's only a chat over a coffee so nothing wasted either.

If you go into every conversation with an expectation of sex there is a good chance you will feel someone is wasting your time if it doesn't turn out that way.

I never do so that's probably why I've never had my time wasted and never had a no show.

By *otorman20021Man
40 weeks ago

East Cork

"Unless I've actually met the person I don't see anything as time wasted and even if I have met them it's only a chat over a coffee so nothing wasted either.

If you go into every conversation with an expectation of sex there is a good chance you will feel someone is wasting your time if it doesn't turn out that way.

I never do so that's probably why I've never had my time wasted and never had a no show. "

Couldn’t agree more here, this place is a marathon and not a sprint, you need a lot of patience and of course politeness never hurts either ??

By *yselfAndHerCouple
40 weeks ago

Coventry

"Seen a lot of people giving out about timewasters here lately, so a question what defines a timewaster or do people just see people wasting there time on the site trying to connect with then when they have already closed the door to ordinary guinne people....let's have a chat about it..."

Timewasting is bothering people when the answer is in their profile.

By *MCOUPLECouple
40 weeks ago

North Coast

Time wasters for us is the amount of couples that message and agree to meet and then totally disappear.

We have all but given up on the scene in the north now and it seems unless you’re young and very fit then there’s nothing out there. We’ve had fun with loads of single males but it’s not where we are just now.

By *andytownMan
40 weeks ago

Gods Own Country

For me it's arranging a meet and not showing up, plain and simple wasters

By *adylaceWoman
40 weeks ago

Waterford City

For me a timewaster is someone that arranges a meet and just doesn't show up or ghosts you that day. All of the rest can be a case of miscommunication and genuine reasons.

By *electableicecreamMan
40 weeks ago

The West

Tire kickers

By *antra MassageMan
40 weeks ago

south side

I haven't come across anyone wasting my time. About 80% of people who contact me get to meet me. Sometimes it takes months for all 3 of us to get together at the same time in the same place. Early chats

By *electableicecreamMan
40 weeks ago

The West

I get lads messaging me wanting to talk about meets I've had.

By *antra MassageMan
40 weeks ago

south side

Early chats, getting to know each other, are all necessary to decide if we might be a match, or maybe to re arrange a meet for

a few months time, when we're all available.

By *ioandPabloCouple
40 weeks ago

Mullingar

"Early chats, getting to know each other, are all necessary to decide if we might be a match, or maybe to re arrange a meet for

a few months time, when we're all available. "

PM us if youd like apologise for doing it on forum but a girl can dream

By *ioandPabloCouple
40 weeks ago

Mullingar

We've had a few fake accounts message and chat for abit but for us the biggest 'timewaster' happend only recently. Mrs was feeling quite flirty and wanted a special guest for the night so had a look at local lads. A new account made only 30mins before.. thought fuck it we chat and see. Gorgeous lad, very close, seemed respectful in chats.. worked out good until he just didnt show up. Thankfully wed enough of a chance to get someone else in but it was abit of an annoyance.

40 weeks ago

Hi, I'm quite new to the Forums....

To me a time waster can actually be a Cat Fish....

Dated photos is Cat Fishing

Also....

Extreme Incorrect Age

Lieing About Height

Saying Single When Married

&

Many More....

Basically Saying You're Something You're Not Is Time Wasting For The Person These Cat Fish Contact

40 weeks ago

"A timewaster is someone who doesn't turn up for a pre-arranged meet.

Anyone who thinks they're owed something just because they exchanged a few emails needs to take a serious look at themselves."

40 weeks ago

Ahhh the good ol' timewaster, is one who never has any intention of ever meeting, will string you along ..then .. absolutely nothing...sad thing really is you have to go through that experience of chatting to that person not knowing they are a timewaster until push comes to shove ..a timewaster will never suggest meeting you simply because they never had any intention of doing so ...yup the good ol' timewaster.

By *antra MassageMan
40 weeks ago

south side

"Early chats, getting to know each other, are all necessary to decide if we might be a match, or maybe to re arrange a meet for

a few months time, when we're all available.

PM us if youd like apologise for doing it on forum but a girl can dream "

Hello!

You've blocked guys. Let's chat.

By *ommando4Man
40 weeks ago

South Co. Dublin

Anyone who thinks they're owed something just because they exchanged a few emails needs to take a serious look at themselves.

"

This exactly

By *liviaSisTV/TS
40 weeks ago

City

I find. I ask to meet respectful only. I can get 5 respectful messages and then it may turn crude. I find this wastes a lot of my time thinking I've connected with someone when they really just want a quick wank.

40 weeks ago

probably 95% of the site??

By *ildarekinkstersCouple
40 weeks ago

kinkytown

Given this a lot of thought. For us a time waster is a person who doesn't show up for agreed meets and either doesn't give a reason or some bullshit reason.

Also people who will lead you on about meeting for weeks or months with no intention to meet.

(find these are the ones that are usually looking for dirty talk or pics which they won't get from us until there's at least a coffee to verify whether we want to take it further)

By *ork35Man
40 weeks ago

Somewhere in Cork

For me time waster(s) is a person(s) who doesn't show up for an agreed meet and either doesn't give a reason or some lame crap and idiotic reason.

People who will lead you on about meeting for weeks or months with no intention to meet.

Posting I can accommodate now and never respond when you say I can meet you.

Refusing to meet for a coffee is my sign

By *llthewaysMan
40 weeks ago

Somewhere

For me time wasters are the people who never intend to meet you when exchanging messages.

Plenty of people will have things change and can't meet but the people who have zero intention can bother me.

40 weeks ago

"For me time wasters are the people who never intend to meet you when exchanging messages.

Plenty of people will have things change and can't meet but the people who have zero intention can bother me."

How do you know they had zero intention to meet? You may have said or done something that just made them realise that you're not compatible after all..

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple
40 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

Women who take FOREVER to cum. Like... You're a grown woman, how have you not figured out how to get in the mindframe to cum yet?? Get on with it and quit wasting my time before I get an ergonomic injury here.

By *liviaSisTV/TS
40 weeks ago

City

"Women who take FOREVER to cum. Like... You're a grown woman, how have you not figured out how to get in the mindframe to cum yet?? Get on with it and quit wasting my time before I get an ergonomic injury here. "

Classic

40 weeks ago

"For me time wasters are the people who never intend to meet you when exchanging messages.

Plenty of people will have things change and can't meet but the people who have zero intention can bother me.

How do you know they had zero intention to meet? You may have said or done something that just made them realise that you're not compatible after all.."

If they have zero intention to meet from the start they will say so either on their profile or in a message, either way a person knows , people who have no intention to meet from the get go and do not say so will string people along for the kick of it .

By *entlemuleMan
40 weeks ago

all over Tipperary and the Midlands

Anyone who thinks they're owed something just because they exchanged a few emails needs to take a serious look at themselves."

I Completely agree. In the vanilla world its called being stod up. I had one chatting all the time. I drove over an hour for a coffee. When I arrived loged off Disappeared. Were all adults here. If your not interested in meeting just say your not.

By *amson4DelilahCouple
39 weeks ago

ballina

Just had my 1st time water experience.. This fella.. mad to meet.. all chat for weeks..agreed to meet him tomorrow evening.. & he's gone to ground.. profile hidden..

It's just hilarious really.. I suppose either his mammy has him grounded.. or his secret GF/wife has plans for tomorrow.. hope he doesn't run out of tissues or socks to wank into..

By *entlemuleMan
39 weeks ago

all over Tipperary and the Midlands

"Just had my 1st time water experience.. This fella.. mad to meet.. all chat for weeks..agreed to meet him tomorrow evening.. & he's gone to ground.. profile hidden..

It's just hilarious really.. I suppose either his mammy has him grounded.. or his secret GF/wife has plans for tomorrow.. hope he doesn't run out of tissues or socks to wank into.. "

Don't you know he will. And I'm being presumptious here but maybe he may arrive prematurely. Lol.

39 weeks ago

"Just had my 1st time water experience.. This fella.. mad to meet.. all chat for weeks..agreed to meet him tomorrow evening.. & he's gone to ground.. profile hidden..

It's just hilarious really.. I suppose either his mammy has him grounded.. or his secret GF/wife has plans for tomorrow.. hope he doesn't run out of tissues or socks to wank into.. "

Socks ???

By *aNi_UncensoredCouple
39 weeks ago

Dublin

"Given this a lot of thought. For us a time waster is a person who doesn't show up for agreed meets and either doesn't give a reason or some bullshit reason.

Also people who will lead you on about meeting for weeks or months with no intention to meet.

(find these are the ones that are usually looking for dirty talk or pics which they won't get from us until there's at least a coffee to verify whether we want to take it further)"

This

One guy blew us off one week before. The next message we get was ‘can’t believe anyone would stand you up. Wouldn’t be me. I’m available this Friday if you still want to explore’

No prizes for what happen this Friday. Ghosts us and blew us off and not a word from him. That’s a time waster and that’s very typical single men on here. There are exceptions of course, but IMO, exception to the rule

By *olverine OP   Man
39 weeks ago

ennis

"Given this a lot of thought. For us a time waster is a person who doesn't show up for agreed meets and either doesn't give a reason or some bullshit reason.

(find these are the ones that are usually looking for dirty talk or pics which they won't get from us until there's at least a coffee to verify whether we want to take it further)

This

One guy blew us off one week before. The next message we get was ‘can’t believe anyone would stand you up. Wouldn’t be me. I’m available this Friday if you still want to explore’

No prizes for what happen this Friday. Ghosts us and blew us off and not a word from him. That’s a time waster and that’s very typical single men on here. There are exceptions of course, but IMO, exception to the rule "

What about the guinne single guys looking to meet, you start a chat with a lady or couple everything go great but frist words about meeting up fora social or play meet, get ghosted or block, it that not time wasting..

By *aNi_UncensoredCouple
39 weeks ago

Dublin

I don’t know, what some considers as “time wasted” is subjective surely.

Do you feel like it’s time wasted by talking to people on the internet? If you do, then they are time wasters

By *olverine OP   Man
39 weeks ago

ennis

"I don’t know, what some considers as “time wasted” is subjective surely.

Do you feel like it’s time wasted by talking to people on the internet? If you do, then they are time wasters "

You miss the point, when you want to meet in the real world you get nothing in return not a yes or a no..nothing the chat stops...

By *ealitybitesMan
39 weeks ago

Belfast

This

No prizes for what happen this Friday. Ghosts us and blew us off and not a word from him. That’s a time waster and that’s very typical single men on here. There are exceptions of course, but IMO, exception to the rule

What about the guinne single guys looking to meet, you start a chat with a lady or couple everything go great but frist words about meeting up fora social or play meet, get ghosted or block, it that not time wasting.."

No it's not. That's just a conversation fizzling out and one party losing interest.

Do you feel every one off conversation you have with people in the pub or the supermarket is a waste of your time as well?

If you find that conversation in general is a waste of your time that might explain your frustration.

39 weeks ago

Time wasters to me are people with doctored or ancient photos , untruths about their interests and availability. If you go to meet a certain person and they are not what they advertised, that's a timewaster to me.

By *hilaboutMan
39 weeks ago

kilkenny

Have been on here 5yrs now and have yet to experience my first timewaster.

I'm presuming they in the minority here and plenty of genuine honourable people about

39 weeks ago

This

What about the guinne single guys looking to meet, you start a chat with a lady or couple everything go great but frist words about meeting up fora social or play meet, get ghosted or block, it that not time wasting.."

No. Unless you expect everyone you're chatting with to meet you. In which case I'd suggest you might want to readjust your expectations.

Yet another reason why I don't generally engage in "chat" with individuals. Invariably it's taken as some sort of commitment to meeting them

By *olverine OP   Man
39 weeks ago

ennis

This

What about the guinne single guys looking to meet, you start a chat with a lady or couple everything go great but frist words about meeting up fora social or play meet, get ghosted or block, it that not time wasting..

No. Unless you expect everyone you're chatting with to meet you. In which case I'd suggest you might want to readjust your expectations.

Yet another reason why I don't generally engage in "chat" with individuals. Invariably it's taken as some sort of commitment to meeting them"

Well I try to live in the real world not cyberspace, meet people for chat and a coffee look like a thing off the past....

By *ustBoWoman
39 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

To me a time waster would be someone who just wants wank material and tries to claim they want to meet but actually has no intention. But they are easy to spot and avoid. The main ones I think would be people who ghost on the day of a meet.

Some of the comments on here is exactly why I don't do new chats because it seems that people expect a meet from just a chat,and it has happened to me on more than one occasion even when I have said at the very start that I'm not interested in meeting them. They asked can we just chat as that's all they want as it's hard to get even a reply,but sure enough within a few messages they start asking me to meet,then act all stroppy when I pointed out that they were told at the very start I'm not doing new meets. It's also on my profile for the last while.So while they may have seen me as a timewaster the truth they ignored what they were told at the start.After the last strop from a so called nice guy I decided that it's easier to just not chat at all on here,until I decide if and when I want to do new meets.

39 weeks ago

This

Yet another reason why I don't generally engage in "chat" with individuals. Invariably it's taken as some sort of commitment to meeting them

Well I try to live in the real world not cyberspace, meet people for chat and a coffee look like a thing off the past...."

So I chat to you and you expect that I'll meet you.

I do the same for every other person that wants to chat and they all expect the same.

Can you see where this is going?

It's neither realistic,possible nor sustainable.

39 weeks ago

Attitudes like the one shown by the OP we would see as a major red flag tbh

By *olverine OP   Man
39 weeks ago

ennis

"Attitudes like the one shown by the OP we would see as a major red flag tbh"

In what way..

39 weeks ago

"Attitudes like the one shown by the OP we would see as a major red flag tbh

In what way.."

The attitude that simply exchanging a few messages leads to some kind of obligation.

By *olverine OP   Man
39 weeks ago

ennis

In what way.."

I opened this forum to debate what people see as at timewaster is..there are a lot of different options on it..so why single me out..

39 weeks ago

In what way..

I opened this forum to debate what people see as at timewaster is..there are a lot of different options on it..so why single me out.."

I think you've achieved that all by yourself

By *olverine OP   Man
39 weeks ago

ennis

In what way..

I opened this forum to debate what people see as at timewaster is..there are a lot of different options on it..so why single me out..

I think you've achieved that all by yourself "

Why because you don't want to see where in come from..

39 weeks ago

In what way..

I think you've achieved that all by yourself

Why because you don't want to see where in come from.."

On the contrary, I believe I see exactly where you are coming from.

39 weeks ago

Exchanging a few messages with people does not mean they are obliged to follow up with a "coffee and chat". If they are not interested, move on.

By *ucka39Man
39 weeks ago

Newcastle

Making arrangements then not informing that they'll not be there as you've used your time to get ready and travel which has taken time to do

By *olverine OP   Man
39 weeks ago

ennis

"Exchanging a few messages with people does not mean they are obliged to follow up with a "coffee and chat". If they are not interested, move on. "

Yes I understand that, but the point I am try you to get is if people doge the question about meeting, won't give a reply, but still want to chat,

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
39 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

"I don’t know, what some considers as “time wasted” is subjective surely.

Do you feel like it’s time wasted by talking to people on the internet? If you do, then they are time wasters

You miss the point, when you want to meet in the real world you get nothing in return not a yes or a no..nothing the chat stops..."

It takes two to tango

Just because YOU want to meet doesn’t mean the other side does

Perhaps if you considered the other parties point of view and what they want instead of just what you want, you might have more success

39 weeks ago

"Exchanging a few messages with people does not mean they are obliged to follow up with a "coffee and chat". If they are not interested, move on.

Yes I understand that, but the point I am try you to get is if people doge the question about meeting, won't give a reply, but still want to chat, "

Then choosing to pursue what they obviously don't want is wasting your own time.

39 weeks ago

"Exchanging a few messages with people does not mean they are obliged to follow up with a "coffee and chat". If they are not interested, move on.

Yes I understand that, but the point I am try you to get is if people doge the question about meeting, won't give a reply, but still want to chat, "

Then you make the call that you're not on the same page, and either withdraw from the chat or continue chatting accepting the fact that they don't want to meet you.

By *og-ManMan
39 weeks ago

somewhere

Op

I chat to a few people on here every now and then

Nothing major ...usually just catching up or forum discussion...just small talk

I've met nearly everyone that I chat to .....99% for coffee or at a social

There's 2 couples that I'd love to meet for coffee that I chat too every now and then ....hopefully I'll meet them eventually but I wouldn't classify any conversation I've had on here as time wasting

Its all good and part of fab life

Hard to believe but you dont have to want to get into their knickers to chat to anyone

By *ucka39Man
39 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Op

I chat to a few people on here every now and then

Nothing major ...usually just catching up or forum discussion...just small talk

I've met nearly everyone that I chat to .....99% for coffee or at a social

There's 2 couples that I'd love to meet for coffee that I chat too every now and then ....hopefully I'll meet them eventually but I wouldn't classify any conversation I've had on here as time wasting

Its all good and part of fab life

Hard to believe but you dont have to want to get into their knickers to chat to anyone "

Nicely done

By *orYourThighsOnlyMan
39 weeks ago

Midlands

Time waster = no effort. Or all hot to Trot and the. Arrange meet then communication slows or stops.

Fab is a fun site most forget that - exchange pleasantries have a laugh. Have some naughty fun

Post new Message to Thread