Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Blue moon

Jump to newest

By *otass and scorpio OP   Couple
40 weeks ago

limerick cork tipperary clare waterford

You ever hear the saying “ once in a blue moon”? Well tonight it’s 94% , tomorrow night 100% , thurs night back to 94% and it’s a blue moon , so there is your window ….. won’t happen again until 2037 !

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *j1981Man
40 weeks ago

cork

Heard a mention of this rarity this morning....

By *littlteBitMoreWoman
40 weeks ago

Scotland

Hoping the sky is clear

By *j1981Man
40 weeks ago

cork

"Hoping the sky is clear "

The weather of recent here not given many clear nites in weeks...fingers crossed

By *littlteBitMoreWoman
40 weeks ago

Scotland

"Hoping the sky is clear

The weather of recent here not given many clear nites in weeks...fingers crossed"

Prob be cloudy here too, typical lol

By *j1981Man
40 weeks ago

cork

"Hoping the sky is clear

The weather of recent here not given many clear nites in weeks...fingers crossed

Prob be cloudy here too, typical lol"

I imagine your weather mostly similar to ours....

By *hannonTSTV/TS
40 weeks ago

cork suburbs

"You ever hear the saying “ once in a blue moon”? Well tonight it’s 94% , tomorrow night 100% , thurs night back to 94% and it’s a blue moon , so there is your window ….. won’t happen again until 2037 !"

Actually a blue moon happens roughly every two or three years. This one is special because it will be the rare occasion where you have two blue moons in a single year and it's also very close to earth, making it bigger.

The next blue moon is expected end of may 2026. Next time there will be two in a single year is the mentioned 2037

By *hannonTSTV/TS
40 weeks ago

cork suburbs

Correction to my statement above, it's just a super blue moon, not a second blue moon in a year, oops

40 weeks ago

"Correction to my statement above, it's just a super blue moon, not a second blue moon in a year, oops "
so I was right then ?

By *og-ManMan
40 weeks ago

somewhere

Just heard on the radio a Blue moon was the second full moon in a calendar month and a super moon was when its nearest to earth

By *ingobrian70Man
40 weeks ago

tallaght

It was impressive last night..!!

Here’s hoping for a clear sky tonight

40 weeks ago

"Just heard on the radio a Blue moon was the second full moon in a calendar month and a super moon was when its nearest to earth "
yes its a super blue moon , next one is 2037

By *exbi608Man
40 weeks ago

Wexford

I went out to walk on the beach tonight and for the first two hours it was stuck behind clouds, but then it got high enough and looked amazing in the clear sky, so I stripped off and spent as about 45 minutes walking naked on the beach just by the moonlight….was great

By *andA 111Couple
40 weeks ago

Citywest

If anyone is still interested in this living phenomenon... the Blue Moon that will appear in all glory in the sky tonight, owes its name not to the color of the Moon's disc,as it might seem, but to the saying "Once In A Blue Moon", denoting an extremely rare event. That's what a Blue Full or Blue Moon is,that's what we call every second Supermoon in a month that we were last able to observe in 2018. The occurrence of two Supermoons in one month is possible because our natural satellite takes 29.5 days to orbit the Earth.

By *andA 111Couple
40 weeks ago

Citywest

I've been watching everything related to the moon for a long time... tonight I'm also counting on good clarity of the sky... Mmmm sex at night in the bosom of nature, in the moonlight... maybe someone wants to join? hahaha

Aga

By *iny DelightWoman
40 weeks ago

City Centre

"I've been watching everything related to the moon for a long time... tonight I'm also counting on good clarity of the sky... Mmmm sex at night in the bosom of nature, in the moonlight... maybe someone wants to join? hahaha

Aga "

I thought I was the only person that goes out watching the moon. I'll be keeping an eye on cloud coverage and will head off to the beach at 2am with a friend if it clears. I can't explain nor want to but it's amazingly energising.

Unfortunately no sex will be involved

By (user no longer on site)
40 weeks ago

The blue moon will appear about 21.40 tonight. Its also going to be a Supermoon. This means it will the be at its closest point to Earth during its orbit. Thus, its going to be much brighter and appear just under 10% larger than usual. Its going to be a beautiful sight if the sky stays clear.

According to folklore this is the time to offer up all challenges and ask the Universe for the bring you good fortune or luck. I think its a similar acceptance from Tarot followers.

Views are best from rural areas or coastlines as city skylines tend to mask it or create clouds of particles to obscure it.

I hope whoever makes a concerted effort to see it are adequately rewarded by this phenomenon.

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple
40 weeks ago

ireland

Last nights was beautiful,looking forward to tonight's show

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple
40 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

Bom-ba-ba-bom,

ba-bom-ba-ba-bom.

Ba-ba-bom-ba-ba-bom,