Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Preferred shaving methods

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
45 weeks ago

Morning all! Question about groin shaving, not face

For a long time I shaved my bits with an electric trimmer which was marketed as being for that purpose. Was reasonably happy with the results but it was never 100% smooth and I’d get the occasional nick which is always a pain especially if it happens the day of a meet.

Asking around for other options it was suggested I try the good old fashioned razor and gel which to be honest had never occurred to me. I’ve had a beard for over 20 years so don’t even own a razor. I always assumed I’d cut myself to ribbons if I went manual.

I went out, got the necessaries and couldn’t believe how much faster and easier it was, and how much better of a result, too.

So my question is - for both ladies and guys- how do you shave and did you ever have a similar epiphany? Or am I just slow?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eanjamescoolMan
45 weeks ago

cork

"Morning all! Question about groin shaving, not face

For a long time I shaved my bits with an electric trimmer which was marketed as being for that purpose. Was reasonably happy with the results but it was never 100% smooth and I’d get the occasional nick which is always a pain especially if it happens the day of a meet.

Asking around for other options it was suggested I try the good old fashioned razor and gel which to be honest had never occurred to me. I’ve had a beard for over 20 years so don’t even own a razor. I always assumed I’d cut myself to ribbons if I went manual.

I went out, got the necessaries and couldn’t believe how much faster and easier it was, and how much better of a result, too.

So my question is - for both ladies and guys- how do you shave and did you ever have a similar epiphany? Or am I just slow? "

By *eanjamescoolMan
45 weeks ago

cork

Waxing a little painful on the day but we'll worth it

By *oxyvixen99Woman
45 weeks ago

Newtownabbey

Sugaring

By (user no longer on site) OP   
45 weeks ago

Ah yes, forgot to mention waxing/sugaring. I suppose I steer away from that because yeah it gives a great result but how long does it last before you’d feel like shaving/waxing again? I do prefer to be smooth for any given encounter.

I confess to never having tried waxing. Maybe I’ll have to.

By (user no longer on site)
45 weeks ago

For me, K, I use a gentle exfoliator then a shave gel for sensitive skin with a men's 5 blade razor (always use a new blade every time for best results and to prevent any germs getting into accidental nicks), then a very light moisturiser afterwards.

E tends to keep himself tightly trimmed these days rather than completely smooth

By *oxyvixen99Woman
45 weeks ago

Newtownabbey

"Ah yes, forgot to mention waxing/sugaring. I suppose I steer away from that because yeah it gives a great result but how long does it last before you’d feel like shaving/waxing again? I do prefer to be smooth for any given encounter.

I confess to never having tried waxing. Maybe I’ll have to. "

3-4 weeks

45 weeks ago

Same as above, gotta be a new 5 blade or the job won’t get done

By *ealitybitesMan
45 weeks ago

Belfast

Philips groin gouger when trimming but if going smooth I'll always use a razor with hair conditioner rather than shaving gel or foam.

It's a game changer.

By *eard and BoobsCouple
45 weeks ago

Portstewart

Veet or nair also do a decent job just don't overdo it

By * la carteCouple
45 weeks ago

Dublin

Electric trimmer for a close trim, wet shave with shaving gel for a clean shave

By *otownkid1967Man
45 weeks ago

Portlaoise

Personally, I tend to use a good razorback with plenty of shaving foam after a bath,then moisturiser 2 x times a week.

45 weeks ago

"Philips groin gouger when trimming but if going smooth I'll always use a razor with hair conditioner rather than shaving gel or foam.

It's a game changer. "

Groin gouger

By *thDubSubTV/TS
45 weeks ago

Southside

Cutthroat blade all the way, living on the edge

Post new Message to Thread