Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Verifications gone

Jump to newest

By *inkers OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cork

Just a thought. We got a Savage verification recently, was the latest one too. The owner of the profile obviously deleted his account and we lost the verification off our profile.

Would be a great feature if you could maintain all your verifications even when a profile is deleted. Seems unfair

Just a thought

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ilderMan
over a year ago

dublin

I guess the main reason that happened is that people could have verified themselves and then deleted profiles thus making it impossible to 'research' when checking the verification trail (if you get me).

If a veri is hidden by someone you can ask them to unhide it briefly to do your due diligence. With a deleted profile you couldn't.

By *ohnFKMan
over a year ago

Where the Streets Have No Name

I know what you mean OP.

It is a touch sad when some of the good ones leave & the veri disappears.

I lost lovely verifications from PrincessG, Luna69 and Little_flirt in quick succession recently, as they deleted their profiles (for different (& valid) reasons! )

But yes, I think it would be nice if the content of the veri stayed - much like how forum posts from deleted profiles can still be viewed...

By *ohnFKMan
over a year ago

Actually...what Wilder said!

By *osyRedLipsWoman
over a year ago

Kildare

Yeah it kinda sucks but just a excuse to organise more meets meet new people and make future memories! I know I've annoyed some people in the past when I've departed and my five star Trip Advisor review of their anaconda dick has being permanently erased!

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Having a verification from someone no longer on the site is pointless.

Anyone reading it would have no way of knowing why they were unlos and no way of following the veri trail so if anything it could have a negative effect especially if a profile was full of veris from people no longer here.

It's also unfair on those who have left because they have drawn a line under their time on fab and as it stands now all traces are removed when they leave.

Leaving veris behind is messy.

By *inkers OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cork

"Yeah it kinda sucks but just a excuse to organise more meets meet new people and make future memories! I know I've annoyed some people in the past when I've departed and my five star Trip Advisor review of their anaconda dick has being permanently erased! "

That made me snort laugh

Thank you

By *ohnFKMan
over a year ago

"Having a verification from someone no longer on the site is pointless.

Anyone reading it would have no way of knowing why they were unlos and no way of following the veri trail so if anything it could have a negative effect especially if a profile was full of veris from people no longer here.

It's also unfair on those who have left because they have drawn a line under their time on fab and as it stands now all traces are removed when they leave.

"

Yes, I see what you mean.

I wasn't thinking of veris with regard to the veri trail & potential for fakes/self verifications.

I was thinking more of when someone once had something nice to say - it's a pity you can't always keep it. (Like the way a thoughtful card could be kept on a mantle piece.)

But I agree...for all practical, legitimate & "verification" purposes, it makes perfect sense to not leave them behind.

(However, with regard to ex members 'drawing a line' - I'm not sure all traces are not removed?. as I see the forum posts remain from users who have left.

Maybe those ex members wishing to exercise their right to be forgotten, should have their forum posts deleted, along with their veris?...but I guess that's waaay off topic.)

By *osyRedLipsWoman
over a year ago

Kildare

"Yeah it kinda sucks but just a excuse to organise more meets meet new people and make future memories! I know I've annoyed some people in the past when I've departed and my five star Trip Advisor review of their anaconda dick has being permanently erased!

That made me snort laugh

Thank you"

Well you guys will just have to meet me to get a new five star review. I put my A in Leaving Cert Honours English to good use when writing verifys! I've a million descriptive ways to eloquently describe a penis "his dick was so big he could bate a donkey out of a wet bog with it"

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I wasn't thinking of veris with regard to the veri trail & potential for fakes/self verifications.

I was thinking more of when someone once had something nice to say - it's a pity you can't always keep it. (Like the way a thoughtful card could be kept on a mantle piece.)

But I agree...for all practical, legitimate & "verification" purposes, it makes perfect sense to not leave them behind.

(However, with regard to ex members 'drawing a line' - I'm not sure all traces are not removed?. as I see the forum posts remain from users who have left.

Maybe those ex members wishing to exercise their right to be forgotten, should have their forum posts deleted, along with their veris?...but I guess that's waaay off topic.)"

There are no names attached to old forum posts from people who have left though so they can't be identified.

Verifications from user no longer on site doesn't really have the same ring to it on a profile.

By *ohnFKMan
over a year ago

Maybe those ex members wishing to exercise their right to be forgotten, should have their forum posts deleted, along with their veris?...but I guess that's waaay off topic.)

There are no names attached to old forum posts from people who have left though so they can't be identified.

Verifications from user no longer on site doesn't really have the same ring to it on a profile. "

No, you're right.

There are no names attached to the forum posts

But I guess the same could be possible for the verifications left behind? (If that was afeature)

But yes RB. A lot of veris from 'user no longer on the site' does seem a bit pointless.

(And open to manipulation as _ilder alluded to)

By *he zephyrCouple
over a year ago

The Sol

"I know what you mean OP.

It is a touch sad when some of the good ones leave & the veri disappears.

I lost lovely verifications from PrincessG, Luna69 and Little_flirt in quick succession recently, as they deleted their profiles (for different (& valid) reasons! )

But yes, I think it would be nice if the content of the veri stayed - much like how forum posts from deleted profiles can still be viewed...

"

Screenshot the good ones as they come in and have a nice album of memories for the future

By *osyRedLipsWoman
over a year ago

Kildare

I do agree with John Fk comments about the thoughtful card on the mantlepiece. JohnFk murdered my vagina family flowers only house private donations in liu to the swingers old folks home

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I once met a lady on fab and she screened shot my verification for reasons only known to her tbh , it was nice of her to say it to me in case l left , but verifications from people that have decided to leave are of no benefit to anyone , personally l think veri's only show that the person is real and does indeed exist and to partake in the forum's if desired, other than that they aren't really of much more benefits as a person really isn't gonna write a bad verification and if they do the other person isn't gonna show or display it anyway.

By *tillWaters182Man
over a year ago

Dublin

There's probably an art in reading verifications as well as in writing them. If you read a few left by the same person you do get a sense of what their preferences and values are, which in turns helps to evaluate the one your interested in!

Post new Message to Thread