Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Stardust Inquiry: 2nd phase

Jump to newest

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

The pen portraits of the victims of the Stardust disaster were difficult to read, principally because the victims were all so young, with their whole lives in front of them, but also because of the devastating loss to their families, friends and communities.

The first inquest was a whitewash job, so it will be very interesting to find out all the factors that precipitated the fire and its rapid development, albeit 42 years after the event.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The facts have already been established, the emergency escape doors were chained and padlocked, that's what led to the tragedy, as for how the fire started that is a mystery

By *indenMan
over a year ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

"The facts have already been established, the emergency escape doors were chained and padlocked, that's what led to the tragedy, as for how the fire started that is a mystery "

So, all the facts haven’t been established……

over a year ago

"The facts have already been established, the emergency escape doors were chained and padlocked, that's what led to the tragedy, as for how the fire started that is a mystery

So, all the facts haven’t been established……"

True

Does it really matter how the fire started though, whether it was malicious or not it still happened and the past can't be changed now

By *indenMan
over a year ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

"The facts have already been established, the emergency escape doors were chained and padlocked, that's what led to the tragedy, as for how the fire started that is a mystery

So, all the facts haven’t been established……

True

Does it really matter how the fire started though, whether it was malicious or not it still happened and the past can't be changed now"

Oh sweet jebus……

I was going to explain what was wrong with your statement, but I’ve decided not to bother…..

over a year ago

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

I did not attend the Pen Portraits section of this inquiry because I would have found it harrowing and profoundly upsetting, but, as I explained to a leading NI barrister last week, the expert evidence that gets to the seat of the fire, so to speak, will be exceptionally interesting to hear at first hand, in the Pillar Room of the Rotunda.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

48 young people never came home and this is a really tastless thread and in my opinion should be deleted by the mods

By *rystalsswingCouple
over a year ago

Galway

The fire exits weren't that. However it happened, it was such a disaster. I've always thought of those families, God help them. It doesn't get enough noise, Ireland should be in uproar to get answers!

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

The resulting report from this inquiry may prevent future deaths being caused by poor design, inadequate inspections, mismanagement etc.

This is reality!

By *rystalsswingCouple
over a year ago

Galway

[Removed by poster at 22/05/23 23:27:22]

By *rystalsswingCouple
over a year ago

Galway

Not getting into it on here x

over a year ago

"

48 young people never came home and this is a really tastless thread and in my opinion should be deleted by the mods "

It's a news article,, what's tasteless about it????

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"

48 young people never came home and this is a really tastless thread and in my opinion should be deleted by the mods

It's a news article,, what's tasteless about it???? "

Bla bla bla bla blaaaaaa

By *ildGroverMan
over a year ago

rathfarnham

"The resulting report from this inquiry may prevent future deaths being caused by poor design, inadequate inspections, mismanagement etc.

This is reality!"

No it won't.

Fire regulations have moved on since then.

What it might do is point the finger of blame in the direction the families want it pointed.

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

It is certain that new information and additional insights into tragedies of this nature will emerge by next year; three hundred witnesses are scheduled to appear, including the very best world-class experts on every aspect, that will be examined in forensic detail.

The world has moved on at great speed since 1981, but additional new lessons will be learned that will have an impact on the hospitality indstry, fire management, etc.

Crucially, the families will feel that their quest for justice has at last been heeded.

Post new Message to Thread