Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

1.5 degrees+ by 2027

Jump to newest

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

The WMO (the organisation tasked with monitoring and predicting the world's climate and weather has announced that a critical watershed of 1.5 degrees above preindustrial levels will be reached in only four years time.

I am profoundly concerned about this, and 20 years ago I implemented very drastic changes in my own home to cut my consumption of fossil fuel derived energy.

Furthermore,I no longer drive an ICE-engined car.

Has anyone else cut their consumption, and if so in what way?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's all too little, too late

Like trying to turn a tanker when it's going full pelt

Damage done

There's also a piece of me thinking this may not all be due to us

By *ouple 0073Couple
over a year ago

donegal

You you cared about climate change..you wouldn't be on the internet!

By *ka ..Agent k ..Man
over a year ago

Meath, Louth border of Monaghan & Naughty,

"The WMO (the organisation tasked with monitoring and predicting the world's climate and weather has announced that a critical watershed of 1.5 degrees above preindustrial levels will be reached in only four years time.

I am profoundly concerned about this, and 20 years ago I implemented very drastic changes in my own home to cut my consumption of fossil fuel derived energy.

Has anyone else cut their consumption, and if so in what way?"

Tbf Jabal why would people sit up and take notice when their own governments don't, all their intrested in jumping on the bus,converting this into a lucrative scheme to fund their purchase.

Rant over

By *appyhotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"The WMO (the organisation tasked with monitoring and predicting the world's climate and weather has announced that a critical watershed of 1.5 degrees above preindustrial levels will be reached in only four years time.

Bought a new BBQ in anticipation for the warm weather coming

By *exesrangerMan
over a year ago

douglas

Bought a new BBQ in anticipation for the warm weather coming "

By *exesrangerMan
over a year ago

douglas

I drive electric also and instead of turning on the heating I put in another jacket. I drink lots of cold water that my body heats up for free and when nature calls, I release into a hot water bottle for bedtime. Winner winner chicken dinner.

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

We'll just have to adapt and deal with it

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

"I drive electric also and instead of turning on the heating I put in another jacket. I drink lots of cold water that my body heats up for free and when nature calls, I release into a hot water bottle for bedtime. Winner winner chicken dinner. "

Congratulations....first time I've ever seen pissing in a hot water bottle as a planet saving tip

Maybe a woman could squirt into one

Save the planet.....finger blast

over a year ago

Ireland are one of the smallest countries in the world. Who cares what we do. It’s not gonna affect anything

By *lue eyesMan
over a year ago

cavan

Personally I think a lot of people have cut their carbon footprint this year with their heating and electricity but its not down to peoples concerns over their footprint the decision is do they eat stays warm or live in the dark mostly due to inflation and increasing interest rates

By *exesrangerMan
over a year ago

douglas

"I drive electric also and instead of turning on the heating I put in another jacket. I drink lots of cold water that my body heats up for free and when nature calls, I release into a hot water bottle for bedtime. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Congratulations....first time I've ever seen pissing in a hot water bottle as a planet saving tip

Maybe a woman could squirt into one

Save the planet.....finger blast "

It's the little things Bog . Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

By *adger BrocMan
over a year ago

Co. Cork

It's all those ladies with their toys plugged in to the network that are using up all the electricity which has currently to be generated by fossil fuels.

It's a choice between more green energy or less energy sucking self pleasure for the ladies.

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

Interestingly Greta’s new book is largely of the view (many experts in the field have separate chapters) that individual actions have little impact. It’s about governments exerting pressure on the energy companies .

Ireland will be one of the few countries that might initially benefit from global warming before it all goes tits up. Our summers will be pleasant whilst Europe is intolerably hot. We might even start producing wine .

It’s one of those topics where it’s important to steer clear of catastrophic predictions (very bad for our sanity) and be suspicious of those trying to profit from green interventions . Only solid science guiding sensible interventions is the way forward.

over a year ago

They told us plastic was the way forward coz we were using too much paper

Not too burn coal or oil now seems too be the new mantra electric all the way

Who is telling the truth and what is their reason

Why is it that the super powers don’t give a flying dixie

But look on the bright side if we holiday at home with the same amount of sun that we pay so much for

Look at all the benefits no taxi to the airport no new clothes for all the kids no flying no taxi on the other side no heated pool no heated room at night and all that again to get home

Fuck it we are going too rent a house in Kerry for 2,000 in peak season

It’s not individuals that will make the change but the governments that they put in power and pay them to fuck up

By *anandJCouple
over a year ago

Citywest

I’m last 10000 years our climate was constantly getting colder. In fact we live in the coldest era of last 10000 years. If the temperatures rise 1,5 degrees- and they do since late 1800,s not much gonna change. Someone wasn’t honest with you and you didn’t check it.

By *inkywife1981Couple
over a year ago

A town near you

Unfortunately even if Ireland went 100% green overnight it wouldn't make a dent when the likes of China and a handful of other mass industry countries produce most of the emissions

By *ust M.A.IMan
over a year ago

Mullingar

"I’m last 10000 years our climate was constantly getting colder. In fact we live in the coldest era of last 10000 years. If the temperatures rise 1,5 degrees- and they do since late 1800,s not much gonna change. Someone wasn’t honest with you and you didn’t check it. "
I spy with my little eye someone that watched a certain episode of Joe Rogan haha

By *ertwoCouple
over a year ago

omagh

Regards not driving a car with ICE Take it you have not looked at lithium production and the massive enviermental damage from it. Also understand in NI a large portion of our Electricity comes from natural gas imported. Yes we have made good progress but when the electricity companies they have lowered the KW our solar systems can produce from 6 kw down to 3.6 kw that is reverse direction. Iv seen warmer summers 40 years ago than now. But yes pollution needs to be sorted as we all breath the air Modern ICE emit less than they did 20 years ago. And yes cities and large towns should go electric instead of concentrating pollution in one area. Only those who need a 4x4 should be allowed them. Not yuppies

By *anddswingCouple
over a year ago

South Dublin & Kilkenny 'ish

"I’m last 10000 years our climate was constantly getting colder. In fact we live in the coldest era of last 10000 years. If the temperatures rise 1,5 degrees- and they do since late 1800,s not much gonna change. Someone wasn’t honest with you and you didn’t check it. I spy with my little eye someone that watched a certain episode of Joe Rogan haha"

Regardless where someone heard a fact, it's still a fact. Why would one dismiss it because of bias of personality - even a broken clock is right twice a day.

With all that’s happened the last number of years, the truth is hardest found and the foolish easily listened to.

Wicked problems are manna from heaven for the political fraternity, we've had a climate catastrophe supposed to happen for decades, but none have passed. Ice age predicted in the 70's, run out of oil in the 70's/80's, Acid rain in the 80's, Drought in the 80's, the rising sea in the 90's (how are we still buying property on coastlines, why would banks mortgage such properties, how can we insure them?), the Ozone layer in the 90's, polar cap to melt !!! the list goes on and on and on. Climate change

By *I TwoCouple
over a year ago

all around

The world seems intent in going from one panic to another, if it's not sensational it's not news.

Do what our ancestors did, chill out, have a nap and when you wake up go down to the pub for a pint and a packet of crisps and it'll all look better tomorrow.

Reading crap on the internet only gives you more stress

By *anandJCouple
over a year ago

Citywest

"I’m last 10000 years our climate was constantly getting colder. In fact we live in the coldest era of last 10000 years. If the temperatures rise 1,5 degrees- and they do since late 1800,s not much gonna change. Someone wasn’t honest with you and you didn’t check it. I spy with my little eye someone that watched a certain episode of Joe Rogan haha"

I don’t know Joe rogan.

over a year ago

That pesky Internet eh

Oh wait

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

Tbf Jabal why would people sit up and take notice when their own governments don't, all their intrested in jumping on the bus,converting this into a lucrative scheme to fund their purchase.

Rant over

"

because the collective acts of individuals are far more powerful that governments...

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"We'll just have to adapt and deal with it"

Within the next 10 years the world as we know it will dramatically change ... adaption won't be an option for many

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"I’m last 10000 years our climate was constantly getting colder. In fact we live in the coldest era of last 10000 years. If the temperatures rise 1,5 degrees- and they do since late 1800,s not much gonna change. Someone wasn’t honest with you and you didn’t check it. I spy with my little eye someone that watched a certain episode of Joe Rogan haha

Regardless where someone heard a fact, it's still a fact. Why would one dismiss it because of bias of personality - even a broken clock is right twice a day.

With all that’s happened the last number of years, the truth is hardest found and the foolish easily listened to.

Wicked problems are manna from heaven for the political fraternity, we've had a climate catastrophe supposed to happen for decades, but none have passed. Ice age predicted in the 70's, run out of oil in the 70's/80's, Acid rain in the 80's, Drought in the 80's, the rising sea in the 90's (how are we still buying property on coastlines, why would banks mortgage such properties, how can we insure them?), the Ozone layer in the 90's, polar cap to melt !!! the list goes on and on and on. Climate change

"

Well said

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"We'll just have to adapt and deal with it

Within the next 10 years the world as we know it will dramatically change ... adaption won't be an option for many "

Now there's a prediction if ever I heard one - cryptic

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

Within the next 10 years the world as we know it will dramatically change ... adaption won't be an option for many "

But that's what the world needs a drastic reduction in the population its sad but true

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

[Removed by poster at 18/05/23 13:35:35]

By *he zephyrCouple
over a year ago

The Sol

"Interestingly Greta’s new book is largely of the view (many experts in the field have separate chapters) that individual actions have little impact. It’s about governments exerting pressure on the energy companies .

Ireland will be one of the few countries that might initially benefit from global warming before it all goes tits up. Our summers will be pleasant whilst Europe is intolerably hot. We might even start producing wine .

It’s one of those topics where it’s important to steer clear of catastrophic predictions (very bad for our sanity) and be suspicious of those trying to profit from green interventions . Only solid science guiding sensible interventions is the way forward.

"

Agreed, It is far too late for individual action to have any effect, even, in my opinion for gov initiatives to impact emissions.

We may well start producing wine, the coming changes will demand a very resourceful reaction.

Ms.

over a year ago

Within the next 10 years the world as we know it will dramatically change ... adaption won't be an option for many

Now there's a prediction if ever I heard one - cryptic "

Buy the dip!!

By *heLateLateShowMan
over a year ago

Swordz

I went to america last autumn for the first time in decades.

I feel I do a substantial bit as an individual, I even cycle to work but it's completely irrelevant compared to lands and lanes of cars going day and night all over their cities.

over a year ago

A total load of rubbish, climate change is just another scam pedalled by governments, it's just another revenue stream by imposing taxes after taxes, governments across the world are making a fortune and at the same time scaring their populace, it's all about power and control, 10k years ago the world was in an ice age, the planet is only evening out now and becoming hotter, the planet is getting hotter no doubt but this is not the doing of humans this is just a natural cooling and warming process this planet goes through over the course of thousands of years

By *aptainandfirstmateCouple
over a year ago

galway

100% correct.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

No really cryptic at all .

A rapidly growing human population is putting us in the throes of extinction. With a population that increased three-fold since 1950, food, water, and a whole lot more required for sustenance of life in the future will be in short supply. In fact, we are surviving today by stealing from the future. Hence, it is not unlikely that once the population reaches a "critical mass," natural resources vital to our survival will not be adequate enough to support us, unless we can replace them with sustainable alternatives. As a result, starvation will bring us face-to-face with extinction.

According to the most recent figures, wildlife populations have plunged by an average of 69% between 1970 and 2018. The abundance of mammals, birds, fish, amphibians and reptiles is falling fast, as populations of sea lions, sharks, frogs and salmon collapse.

The declines have been particularly calamitous in Latin America and the Caribbean, which has seen a 94% drop in the average wildlife population size. Africa has had the second largest fall at 66%, followed by Asia and the Pacific with 55% and North America at 20%. Europe and Central Asia experienced an 18% fall.

Humans v nature: our long and destructive journey to the age of extinction

These declines do not mean that nearly 70% of animals have been wiped out in just 48 years. It means populations have dramatically fallen and extinction risk is growing, although it is not distributed equally.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/2022/dec/06/the-biodiversity-crisis-in-numbers-a-visual-guide-aoe

I would go so far as to say those who say they don't see it ... are selfish or scared . At this stage its undeniable.

The wealthiest people in the world aren't planning on leaving because its not real !!!!

By *immy123456888Man
over a year ago

city

"No really cryptic at all .

A rapidly growing human population is putting us in the throes of extinction. With a population that increased three-fold since 1950, food, water, and a whole lot more required for sustenance of life in the future will be in short supply. In fact, we are surviving today by stealing from the future. Hence, it is not unlikely that once the population reaches a "critical mass," natural resources vital to our survival will not be adequate enough to support us, unless we can replace them with sustainable alternatives. As a result, starvation will bring us face-to-face with extinction.

According to the most recent figures, wildlife populations have plunged by an average of 69% between 1970 and 2018. The abundance of mammals, birds, fish, amphibians and reptiles is falling fast, as populations of sea lions, sharks, frogs and salmon collapse.

The declines have been particularly calamitous in Latin America and the Caribbean, which has seen a 94% drop in the average wildlife population size. Africa has had the second largest fall at 66%, followed by Asia and the Pacific with 55% and North America at 20%. Europe and Central Asia experienced an 18% fall.

These declines do not mean that nearly 70% of animals have been wiped out in just 48 years. It means populations have dramatically fallen and extinction risk is growing, although it is not distributed equally.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/2022/dec/06/the-biodiversity-crisis-in-numbers-a-visual-guide-aoe

I would go so far as to say those who say they don't see it ... are selfish or scared . At this stage its undeniable.

The wealthiest people in the world aren't planning on leaving because its not real !!!! "

What about the ould fecking cows going around farting all over the place.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

But that's what the world needs a drastic reduction in the population its sad but true "

Maybe , however I don't think most believe it is most likely to begin this decade and continue creating suffering for centuries .

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

I will add ,, we will most likely as a species, adjust everything or at least begin this summer ....

By *oadrunner2000Man
over a year ago

city centre

But that's what the world needs a drastic reduction in the population its sad but true "

And I suppose you're offering yourself up then....

By *anddswingCouple
over a year ago

The wealthiest people in the world aren't planning on leaving because its not real !!!! What about the ould fecking cows going around farting all over the place."

Sounds lovely! And you got all that from one article ! Good on you, keep up the good fight, learn Chinese and have a chat with them, tell them they are selfish for pulling themselves out of poverty. Dig some more in relation to population and see what you find out, the best debates are with those who examine as much of the data as possible.

Climate change is very real, like life it's always changing, is it a worry? Nope. Last week Ireland was to cool, this week it's to be Mediterranean climate. Pull the other one, I'm young enough to remember the last few climate challenges! All came and went and onto something new, global warming stopped as the buss word, because it could be proven it wasn't happening, climate change ! It's makes me laugh it's like saying the wind blew west yesterday and today it's blowing northwest! Yep that's it climate change ! You virtue signalling chaps are great ! Pure genius. I'll have a bet with anyone that costal sea levels won't rise in the next five years on the coast of Ireland- unlike Grettas or Al Gores predictions! Oh woops she deleted that and sure poor Al, nothing that chap said or says makes sense. Yet we listen, and some of us act on the advise of the stupid.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

But that's what the world needs a drastic reduction in the population its sad but true

And I suppose you're offering yourself up then...."

Oh I'm always on offer I tend to make the place hotter though

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

The wealthiest people in the world aren't planning on leaving because its not real !!!! What about the ould fecking cows going around farting all over the place.

Sounds lovely! And you got all that from one article ! Good on you, keep up the good fight, learn Chinese and have a chat with them, tell them they are selfish for pulling themselves out of poverty. Dig some more in relation to population and see what you find out, the best debates are with those who examine as much of the data as possible.

Climate change is very real, like life it's always changing, is it a worry? Nope. Last week Ireland was to cool, this week it's to be Mediterranean climate. Pull the other one, I'm young enough to remember the last few climate challenges! All came and went and onto something new, global warming stopped as the buss word, because it could be proven it wasn't happening, climate change ! It's makes me laugh it's like saying the wind blew west yesterday and today it's blowing northwest! Yep that's it climate change ! You virtue signalling chaps are great ! Pure genius. I'll have a bet with anyone that costal sea levels won't rise in the next five years on the coast of Ireland- unlike Grettas or Al Gores predictions! Oh woops she deleted that and sure poor Al, nothing that chap said or says makes sense. Yet we listen, and some of us act on the advise of the stupid.

"

Possibly one of the most assumptive and uneducated responses I have ever seen on fab.

In the words of a great modern philosopher.

More you're dam lawn and sit the hell down

By *anddswingCouple
over a year ago

The wealthiest people in the world aren't planning on leaving because its not real !!!! What about the ould fecking cows going around farting all over the place.

Possibly one of the most assumptive and uneducated responses I have ever seen on fab.

More you're dam lawn and sit the hell down "

I'll let the vegan goat cut the grass. He's only got the one word but it makes sense. As Mark Twain a quotable modern philosopher said "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" happy Friday

over a year ago

"I’m last 10000 years our climate was constantly getting colder. In fact we live in the coldest era of last 10000 years. If the temperatures rise 1,5 degrees- and they do since late 1800,s not much gonna change. Someone wasn’t honest with you and you didn’t check it. I spy with my little eye someone that watched a certain episode of Joe Rogan haha

Well said "

Agree fully. I've gone to an ev though but not purely climate reasons at all

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

I'll let the vegan goat cut the grass. He's only got the one word but it makes sense. As Mark Twain a quotable modern philosopher said "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" happy Friday "

Stupid .... those who substitute factual information for opinions and beliefs..... but hey if nothing else, they highlight the need for science. Thank you

By *anddswingCouple
over a year ago

I'll let the vegan goat cut the grass. He's only got the one word but it makes sense. As Mark Twain a quotable modern philosopher said "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" happy Friday

Stupid .... those who substitute factual information for opinions and beliefs..... but hey if nothing else, they highlight the need for science. Thank you "

*The Science* or Science ? We have two to contend with. Happy Friday

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

Stupid .... those who substitute factual information for opinions and beliefs..... but hey if nothing else, they highlight the need for science. Thank you

*The Science* or Science ? We have two to contend with. Happy Friday "

Only 2 for those who substitute

1 for those who live and learn

By *onnrodMan
over a year ago

moira

[Removed by poster at 19/05/23 16:21:21]

By *onnrodMan
over a year ago

moira

And thus it descended into squabbling and whataboutery

And Lo, Jubal sat back and rubbed his hands gleefully as be once again got the forums bitching at each other in the name of "reasoned debate"

Notice how he never contributes after setting the fires...

By *anddswingCouple
over a year ago

"And thus it descended into squabbling and whataboutery

And Lo, Jubal sat back and rubbed his hands gleefully as be once again got the forums bitching at each other in the name of "reasoned debate"

Notice how he never contributes after setting the fires..."

It's a bit of craic is all, no one minds I'm sure. Look the world was flat for ages ! Then we had twitter and it fixed everything.

On a serious note we hope that everyone on Fab Ireland has a super weekend. Peace out and love to all.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

Notice how he never contributes after setting the fires..."

I'd imagine he never contributes because he can rewrite the stuff he spouts quick enought without it being noticed

You make a good point .

Also ... whataboutary totally using that in the future.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

Sorry "can't rewrite"

By *onnrodMan
over a year ago

moira

Notice how he never contributes after setting the fires...

I'd imagine he never contributes because he can rewrite the stuff he spouts quick enought without it being noticed

You make a good point .

Also ... whataboutary totally using that in the future. "

Whataboutery, the rock upon which Norn Iron political debate is built

By *oleraine-coupleCouple
over a year ago

coleraine

Our changes

Reduced food waste

Solar panels

EV

Heat pump

Best Renewable electricity supply

Reduced heating levels and elec consumption

Use public transport more

Switched to Ethical investments

Buy much more locally

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Jubal is away from home all day, every single day, from very early 'til very late, and has made the decision Never to carry a phone, so that I can never be contacted.

Frankly, I choose threads that are likely to create interest amongst members whom I know are articulate intelligent, well-read and interesting people who can express their opinions in a wide, diverse variety of styles.

A swingers' site can be much more than frivolous discussions about sex, interesting though that subject naturally is, for all of us!

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"Jubal is away from home all day, every single day, from very early 'til very late, and has made the decision Never to carry a phone, so that I can never be contacted.

Frankly, I choose threads that are likely to create interest amongst members whom I know are articulate intelligent, well-read and interesting people who can express their opinions in a wide, diverse variety of styles.

A swingers' site can be much more than frivolous discussions about sex, interesting though that subject naturally is, for all of us!"

I'm choking on cheese

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

As mentioned before it's an issue that needs a government response. The harsh reality is, that they average person just can't be relied on to make a decent informed decision in the area. You need to rely on people who've done the analysis and research.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"As mentioned before it's an issue that needs a government response. The harsh reality is, that they average person just can't be relied on to make a decent informed decision in the area. You need to rely on people who've done the analysis and research. "

That's, imo just a cop-out to let individuals off the hook ... individuals control the world collectively... what we buy and support is what continues...

Most simple example ... if we all stopped buying fast fashion items ... we would change the entire industry....

The fashion industry is the second-largest industrial polluter, accounting for 10% of global pollution, ranking higher than emissions from air travel!

Within the first decade and a half of the 21st century, clothing production doubled; and since 2000, most European brands went from releasing 2 collections per year, for the summer and winter seasons, to releasing as many as 24 collections per year! As a result, clothing utilisation decreased by 36% between 2003 and 2018, with a third of young women believing that a garment is considered ‘old’ after it’s been worn once or twice.

, if nothing changes, research has predicted the fashion industry could account for 26% of carbon emissions by 2050.

In order to decrease this industry’s massive carbon footprint, both individual and group action is needed to change the behaviours of the big brands – so how can we do this?

Ultimately, brands must reduce the number of collections they release, however by buying less, we as consumers reduce, and therefore reduce the excuses for brands to produce more clothes.

https://carbonliteracy.com/fast-fashions-carbon-footprint/

We are not where we were 20 years ago ... the research and proof is now in the public domain and to excuse ourselves from paying attention to it , by saying" we can't change anything, the people in power must" isn't true, its just easier.

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

[Removed by poster at 20/05/23 15:24:52]

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Jubal, where's your update on Enoch Burke? I've been craving your insights!

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"Jubal, where's your update on Enoch Burke? I've been craving your insights! "

I had totally forgotten about Enoch .... #bringbacktheburkes

over a year ago

"You you cared about climate change..you wouldn't be on the internet!"

Very true

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"You you cared about climate change..you wouldn't be on the internet!

Very true "

Time for the Russians to cut the communication cables - then we can all start working the land together, like a little Amish community; ploughing, seeding and harvesting fields and crops by day and wild sex by candlelight without any electric paraphernalia by night

By *aisyandTrigCouple
over a year ago

Langan village, West Cork, Cork

You must be some ball of craic at a party......this is a swingers website and your blowing on about climate change ??

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"You must be some ball of craic at a party......this is a swingers website and your blowing on about climate change ?? "

You must be new to the forums?

By *amsevenMan
over a year ago

cork

Plenty sex chat on other pages on the forum for ya

over a year ago

Are they locked up yet jubal them furke’s

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"Are they locked up yet jubal them furke’s"

#weloveyouenoch

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"As mentioned before it's an issue that needs a government response. The harsh reality is, that they average person just can't be relied on to make a decent informed decision in the area. You need to rely on people who've done the analysis and research.

That's, imo just a cop-out to let individuals off the hook ... individuals control the world collectively... what we buy and support is what continues...

Most simple example ... if we all stopped buying fast fashion items ... we would change the entire industry....

The fashion industry is the second-largest industrial polluter, accounting for 10% of global pollution, ranking higher than emissions from air travel!

Within the first decade and a half of the 21st century, clothing production doubled; and since 2000, most European brands went from releasing 2 collections per year, for the summer and winter seasons, to releasing as many as 24 collections per year! As a result, clothing utilisation decreased by 36% between 2003 and 2018, with a third of young women believing that a garment is considered ‘old’ after it’s been worn once or twice.

, if nothing changes, research has predicted the fashion industry could account for 26% of carbon emissions by 2050.

In order to decrease this industry’s massive carbon footprint, both individual and group action is needed to change the behaviours of the big brands – so how can we do this?

Ultimately, brands must reduce the number of collections they release, however by buying less, we as consumers reduce, and therefore reduce the excuses for brands to produce more clothes.

We are not where we were 20 years ago ... the research and proof is now in the public domain and to excuse ourselves from paying attention to it , by saying" we can't change anything, the people in power must" isn't true, its just easier. "

It's not about letting them off the hook, it's recognising that they are, on average, too stupid to rely on to fix the problem.

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

"Jubal, where's your update on Enoch Burke? I've been craving your insights! "

Enoch Burke inevitably lost the latest case and costs will be decided at a later date, although an initial 15,000 Euro fine was imposed.

In the long run, but maybe sooner than the Burkes anticipate, I predict that an Isaac Wunder (vexatious litigation) Order will be imposed on the Burke clan, and specifically Enoch and Ammi, but also possibly the mother, Martina, who is behind all this BS.

Look up Isaac Wunder Order in Wikipedia.

Ammi will have pay all the costs of her case and also the costs of her opponents

She will be unable to do so; Arthur Cox will press for a Bankruptcy Order, and she will be struck off because a solicito who is bankrupt cannot practise!

The Burke cult and they behave like a cult have very effectively shot themselves in their feet.

over a year ago

Could be another Waco type scenario I think

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"Jubal, where's your update on Enoch Burke? I've been craving your insights!

Enoch Burke inevitably lost the latest case and costs will be decided at a later date, although an initial 15,000 Euro fine was imposed.

In the long run, but maybe sooner than the Burkes anticipate, I predict that an Isaac Wunder (vexatious litigation) Order will be imposed on the Burke clan, and specifically Enoch and Ammi, but also possibly the mother, Martina, who is behind all this BS.

Ammi will have pay all the costs of her case and also the costs of her opponents

She will be unable to do so; Arthur Cox will press for a Bankruptcy Order, and she will be struck off because a solicito who is bankrupt cannot practise!

The Burke cult and they behave like a cult have very effectively shot themselves in their feet. "

Sounds like you have a crystal ball, Jubal . Thanks for the update

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"As mentioned before it's an issue that needs a government response. The harsh reality is, that they average person just can't be relied on to make a decent informed decision in the area. You need to rely on people who've done the analysis and research.

We are not where we were 20 years ago ... the research and proof is now in the public domain and to excuse ourselves from paying attention to it , by saying" we can't change anything, the people in power must" isn't true, its just easier.

It's not about letting them off the hook, it's recognising that they are, on average, too stupid to rely on to fix the problem. "

Not letting them off the hook, Rather letting ourselves off the hook. I don't believe people are too stupid to fix the problem, I believe they are caught in a rough race existence where if you try to go against the grain society is orchestrated in such a way that you suffer. The unwillingness to suffer a little for a greater good and the fact society doesn't support it, makes it difficult,Yet not impossible, imo

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man
over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin, Belfast

Is any of this worth the read?

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"Is any of this worth the read?"

Nope

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"

It's not about letting them off the hook, it's recognising that they are, on average, too stupid to rely on to fix the problem.

Not letting them off the hook, Rather letting ourselves off the hook. I don't believe people are too stupid to fix the problem, I believe they are caught in a rough race existence where if you try to go against the grain society is orchestrated in such a way that you suffer. The unwillingness to suffer a little for a greater good and the fact society doesn't support it, makes it difficult,Yet not impossible, imo "

So what's your solution? Social credit system with your carbon footprint as the basis (imposed on us by a corrupt government who lead with the example of "do as I say but not as I do")?

Or do you just wipe out half the planet's population, or more?

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

"Jubal, where's your update on Enoch Burke? I've been craving your insights!

The Burke cult and they behave like a cult have very effectively shot themselves in their feet.

Sounds like you have a crystal ball, Jubal . Thanks for the update "

When you sit and watch the manner in which this cult behaves in court, it is blatantly obvious what is going to occur in the fullness of time; Ammi's behaviour at herlast court hearing was bizarre, at the most extreme end of the spectrum. Everyone in the room, and especially the judge, Ms Justice Bulger, was flabbergasted!

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"

Not letting them off the hook, Rather letting ourselves off the hook. I don't believe people are too stupid to fix the problem, I believe they are caught in a rough race existence where if you try to go against the grain society is orchestrated in such a way that you suffer. The unwillingness to suffer a little for a greater good and the fact society doesn't support it, makes it difficult,Yet not impossible, imo

So what's your solution? Social credit system with your carbon footprint as the basis (imposed on us by a corrupt government who lead with the example of "do as I say but not as I do")?

Or do you just wipe out half the planet's population, or more?"

We restructure the materialistic centered believe system we have into a more holistic system . We take responsibility for every single action we take ... travel holidays cars kids animals giving taking using not using , in a nut shell we stop consuming for the sake of it !

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"

We restructure the materialistic centered believe system we have into a more holistic system . We take responsibility for every single action we take ... travel holidays cars kids animals giving taking using not using , in a nut shell we stop consuming for the sake of it ! "

The corporations selling us everything under the sun are going to love you and be 110% behind this - including our various world governments who have investments in these!

Of course, disbanding these corporate car/plane/boat manufacturers, fashion houses etc is going to lose us a lot of employment. Will we just redistribute the wealth of the elite while we restructure... maybe introduce a one child policy, like China, put down all the pets in the world so we only have "functional animals" and thereby get rid of the pet care industry entirely?

Speaking as a holistic therapist, going back to nature and moving away from consumerism sounds fantastic!!! But it ain't gonna happen - greed and all that.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"

We restructure the materialistic centered believe system we have into a more holistic system . We take responsibility for every single action we take ... travel holidays cars kids animals giving taking using not using , in a nut shell we stop consuming for the sake of it !

The corporations selling us everything under the sun are going to love you and be 110% behind this - including our various world governments who have investments in these!

Of course, disbanding these corporate car/plane/boat manufacturers, fashion houses etc is going to lose us a lot of employment. Will we just redistribute the wealth of the elite while we restructure... maybe introduce a one child policy, like China, put down all the pets in the world so we only have "functional animals" and thereby get rid of the pet care industry entirely?

Speaking as a holistic therapist, going back to nature and moving away from consumerism sounds fantastic!!! But it ain't gonna happen - greed and all that."

Its never going to happen so long as people keep saying all this stuff were being sold !

The truth is its all this stuff we are buying !!! Buyers/users/individuals control the markets and everything in them . If Noone buys it , it becomes something else .. we have spent many years hiding our own greed behind the greed of our governments and corporations. They do not put control us , we choose to go along with it because we are addicted to consumption and enjoy it . We externalize this because it's easier than admitting that we know its wrong but can't stop . Imo .

Ps I am part of this too and by no means have changed enought in my life at all .

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"

Its never going to happen so long as people keep saying all this stuff were being sold !

The truth is its all this stuff we are buying !!! Buyers/users/individuals control the markets and everything in them . If Noone buys it , it becomes something else .. we have spent many years hiding our own greed behind the greed of our governments and corporations. They do not put control us , we choose to go along with it because we are addicted to consumption and enjoy it . We externalize this because it's easier than admitting that we know its wrong but can't stop . Imo .

Ps I am part of this too and by no means have changed enought in my life at all . "

I disagree - the power of marketing and advertising is like brainwashing. The "addiction" you mention of purchasing "needless" or "luxury" items (whatever anyone's definition that is) is created by these corporations and supported by governments who are in these corporations' pockets.

Consumption is what drives the economy - this is why politicians help promote and drive consumption (preferably companies, they have investments in ).

Change will only come by either decimating the world's population or if the people allow governments to put in so-called "controls" to stop or curtail consumerism on a serious note.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"

Ps I am part of this too and by no means have changed enought in my life at all .

I disagree - the power of marketing and advertising is like brainwashing. The "addiction" you mention of purchasing "needless" or "luxury" items (whatever anyone's definition that is) is created by these corporations and supported by governments who are in these corporations' pockets.

Consumption is what drives the economy - this is why politicians help promote and drive consumption (preferably companies, they have investments in ).

Change will only come by either decimating the world's population or if the people allow governments to put in so-called "controls" to stop or curtail consumerism on a serious note.

"

Addictions only change when the individual changes their behavior...

The power of marketing is less like brain washing and more akin to manipulation.... which again is only achieved when we allow ourselves to be guided... autonomy and accountability are the things we give away , at the detriment of each other.

By *anddswingCouple
over a year ago

"

"

Agreed, the psychology of sales and consumption is very much like brainwashing. It's a very heavely invested in science, it’s also very accurate and powerful. Why is psychology so intrinsically intertwined with business? We’re not far off being chimps so that dopamine rush from purchase, and also the hierarchy of the troop means we need to show off, and one of these ways is by purchasing. (other ways are pretending to be virtuous, yet truly doing nothing only showing how un-masculine some can be).

Just to add some spice to the topic even the IPCC (https://www.ipcc.ch/) in their peer reviewed research don’t think the climate is in cataclysmic freefall - in fact they claim that there is a margin for error in that it might actually get cooler. Now let me say, if the planet as a whole got much cooler, we would face extinction, we can manage with heat. The IPCC are the climate change people, also the people who changed global warming to climate change when it was proven to be unprovable.

Buried deep in these reports also discusses the fact that the planet has gotten 15% greener in the last 20 years. (By greener they mean that more plants and growth has occurred, by 15% that’s roughly the same size as America).

The climate panic is a fallacy and the reports that originally started this panic have now been proven as false, in fact many climatologists believe that additional Co2 is beneficial to the plant and has contributed to our success in farming and growing foods.

Like with all science it’s not exact, however based on all the panic we’ve been subjected to over the last 70 years, (none of which has come to pass, even though we are producing more) I think like the Latin saying states “Festina Lente” – let’s make haste slowly.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"

Agreed, the psychology of sales and consumption is very much like brainwashing. It's a very heavely invested in science, it’s also very accurate and powerful. Why is psychology so intrinsically intertwined with business? We’re not far off being chimps so that dopamine rush from purchase, and also the hierarchy of the troop means we need to show off, and one of these ways is by purchasing. (other ways are pretending to be virtuous, yet truly doing nothing only showing how un-masculine some can be).

Just to add some spice to the topic even the IPCC (https://www.ipcc.ch/) in their peer reviewed research don’t think the climate is in cataclysmic freefall - in fact they claim that there is a margin for error in that it might actually get cooler. Now let me say, if the planet as a whole got much cooler, we would face extinction, we can manage with heat. The IPCC are the climate change people, also the people who changed global warming to climate change when it was proven to be unprovable.

Buried deep in these reports also discusses the fact that the planet has gotten 15% greener in the last 20 years. (By greener they mean that more plants and growth has occurred, by 15% that’s roughly the same size as America).

The climate panic is a fallacy and the reports that originally started this panic have now been proven as false, in fact many climatologists believe that additional Co2 is beneficial to the plant and has contributed to our success in farming and growing foods.

Like with all science it’s not exact, however based on all the panic we’ve been subjected to over the last 70 years, (none of which has come to pass, even though we are producing more) I think like the Latin saying states “Festina Lente” – let’s make haste slowly.

"

The 15% greener you refer to is not carbon scrubbing greener!!! Its crops for animals and palm plantations etc .

That 15% isn't comparable to the carbon sponge we decimated.

It is most likely that global warming will trigger an eRly ice age yes .

What we are facing and is highly influenced by human consumption is a climate catastrophe. Food shortages , water shortage.. rising sea levels.. decline of all animal life .. in such a short space of time adjustment will be impossible for many .

To say non has come to past in the last 70 years is frankly ludicrous.

Average global temperatures have risen significantly since the industrial revolution and the last decade (2011–2020) was the warmest decade on record. Of the 20 warmest years, 19 have occurred since 2000.

In 2021, sensors that have tracked carbon dioxide levels in the Earth’s atmosphere for over six decades detected CO2 concentrations of more than 417 parts per million (ppm). This is 50% higher than pre-industrial levels of 278 ppm, and Wired notes that the last time the Earth’s atmosphere contained this much CO2 was over 3 million years ago, when trees grew at the South Pole.

Ocean levels have increased at an average of 4.5 mm every year between 2013 and 2021, more than double the rate of growth between 1993 and 2002.

Extreme drought was felt around the world, especially in the Horn of Africa, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Turkey. In Eastern Africa, areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, and Somalia are experiencing the worst drought in 40 years.

Last year, the hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica exceeded the size of Africa.

Nearly a quarter of the world's farmable lands are degraded.

Climate events in 2017 had the biggest impact on hunger and malnutrition in Africa, affecting 59 million people in 24 countries.

Climate change could push 122 million more people, mainly farmers, into extreme poverty by 2030.

By *anddswingCouple
over a year ago

"

The 15% greener you refer to is not carbon scrubbing greener!!! Its crops for animals and palm plantations etc .

That 15% isn't comparable to the carbon sponge we decimated.

It is most likely that global warming will trigger an eRly ice age yes .

What we are facing and is highly influenced by human consumption is a climate catastrophe. Food shortages , water shortage.. rising sea levels.. decline of all animal life .. in such a short space of time adjustment will be impossible for many .

To say non has come to past in the last 70 years is frankly ludicrous.

Average global temperatures have risen significantly since the industrial revolution and the last decade (2011–2020) was the warmest decade on record. Of the 20 warmest years, 19 have occurred since 2000.

In 2021, sensors that have tracked carbon dioxide levels in the Earth’s atmosphere for over six decades detected CO2 concentrations of more than 417 parts per million (ppm). This is 50% higher than pre-industrial levels of 278 ppm, and Wired notes that the last time the Earth’s atmosphere contained this much CO2 was over 3 million years ago, when trees grew at the South Pole.

Ocean levels have increased at an average of 4.5 mm every year between 2013 and 2021, more than double the rate of growth between 1993 and 2002.

Extreme drought was felt around the world, especially in the Horn of Africa, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Turkey. In Eastern Africa, areas of Ethiopia, Kenya, and Somalia are experiencing the worst drought in 40 years.

Last year, the hole in the ozone layer over Antarctica exceeded the size of Africa.

Nearly a quarter of the world's farmable lands are degraded.

Climate events in 2017 had the biggest impact on hunger and malnutrition in Africa, affecting 59 million people in 24 countries.

Climate change could push 122 million more people, mainly farmers, into extreme poverty by 2030.

"

Lot's of text did you copy that from somewhere?, there is no climate apocalypse happening. Your uncritical approach to research has you blinded. Please look at the research from the IPCC - moral virtue isn't going to generate solutions. Are you happy to starve most of the world to facilitate and blame it on Climate Change, your stats on the warming planet are based on limited data. Look over a longer timescale. Seriously though look at the IPCC research read it carefully. You'll be happy to know that it's not at all doom and gloom. I know it's hard to change your viewpoint, but this is the true measure of intelligence.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

Obviously I copied it . All information comes from others studies unless your involved.

From IPPC

Human-induced global warming has already caused multiple observed changes in the climate system (high confidence). Changes include increases in both land and ocean temperatures, as well as more frequent heatwaves in most land regions (high confidence). There is also (high confidence) global warming has resulted in an increase in the frequency and duration of marine heatwaves. Further, there is substantial evidence that human-induced global warming has led to an increase in the frequency, intensity and/or amount of heavy precipitation events at the global scale (medium confidence), as well as an increased risk of drought in the Mediterranean region

Climate models project robust differences in regional climate between present-day and global warming up to 1.5°C, and between 1.5°C and 2°C (high confidence), depending on the variable and region in question (high confidence).

Limiting global warming to 1.5°C instead of 2°C could result in around 420 million fewer people being frequently exposed to extreme heatwaves, and about 65 million fewer people being exposed to exceptional heatwaves,

The probability of a sea-ice-free Arctic Ocean during summer is substantially higher at 2°C compared to 1.5°C of global warming (medium confidence).

The ocean has absorbed about 30% of the anthropogenic carbon dioxide, resulting in ocean acidification and changes to carbonate chemistry that are unprecedented for at least the last 65 million years (high confidence). Risks have been identified for the survival, calcification, growth, development and abundance of a broad range of marine taxonomic groups, ranging from algae to fish, with substantial evidence of predictable trait-based sensitivities (high confidence).

Seriously I could go on

I'm not sure if you're picking pieces from a peer review in order to further an agenda Or maybe you had your mind set on climate change not being real under incapable of changing that perception?

There is no getting away from the fact the world is changing around us in detrimental ways to animals humans and the oceans. Do deny as a species that we have not massively magnified the rate of these events... honestly is just down right denial.

Oh and it has nothing to do with moral whatever you called it

I live , I learn and I'm often wrong , the world is falling apart as we know it , in a hugh part to our consumption. That isn't an opinion given we are all watching it around us !

By *ancy38Woman
over a year ago

galway

I remember in school, they told us Malta would be under water by now.

Don't believe everything you read or are told! Stop worrying about something you can not change even if it was true

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

I remember in school, they told us Malta would be under water by now.

Don't believe everything you read or are told! Stop worrying about something you can not change even if it was true "

There in lies the issue imo , people have , for comfort, lack of belief or denial convinced eachother that they can't effect change

By *ubal1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

The latest information is that the 1.5 degree temp threshold will be crossed only temporarily, but we are inexorably heading in the wrong direction, in the longer term.

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

#EatLidl'sinsectpatties#

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"The latest information is that the 1.5 degree temp threshold will be crossed only temporarily, but we are inexorably heading in the wrong direction, in the longer term."

The long term is outside prediction as nobody knows wht planet is capable of buffering as it it let(and helped) regain homeostasis

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"#EatLidl'sinsectpatties# "

Yaheeeeeee

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"#EatLidl'sinsectpatties#

Yaheeeeeee "

Eh anyone got a toothpick

By *enusalMan
over a year ago

tipperary Limerick London,Germany

Predictions before have been incorrect. No doubt same on thos. Sensational journalist or research body looking ti be heard.

World always goes in cycles

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

Yaheeeeeee

Eh anyone got a toothpick "

The cricket is the toothpick - 2 for the price of one. #savetheplanet#

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

Yaheeeeeee

Eh anyone got a toothpick

The cricket is the toothpick - 2 for the price of one. #savetheplanet# "

Awesome

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"Predictions before have been incorrect. No doubt same on thos. Sensational journalist or research body looking ti be heard.

World always goes in cycles

"

Tell that to the polar bears , to the people dying from drought.. to the coral reefs.. to the people whos homes are being lost to rising seas ..to the governments fighting over Antarctica etc etc etc

By *anddswingCouple
over a year ago

"Obviously I copied it . All information comes from others studies unless your involved.

From IPPC

Human-induced global warming has already caused multiple observed changes in the climate system (high confidence). Changes include increases in both land and ocean temperatures, as well as more frequent heatwaves in most land regions (high confidence). There is also (high confidence) global warming has resulted in an increase in the frequency and duration of marine heatwaves. Further, there is substantial evidence that human-induced global warming has led to an increase in the frequency, intensity and/or amount of heavy precipitation events at the global scale (medium confidence), as well as an increased risk of drought in the Mediterranean region

Climate models project robust differences in regional climate between present-day and global warming up to 1.5°C, and between 1.5°C and 2°C (high confidence), depending on the variable and region in question (high confidence).

Limiting global warming to 1.5°C instead of 2°C could result in around 420 million fewer people being frequently exposed to extreme heatwaves, and about 65 million fewer people being exposed to exceptional heatwaves,

The probability of a sea-ice-free Arctic Ocean during summer is substantially higher at 2°C compared to 1.5°C of global warming (medium confidence).

The ocean has absorbed about 30% of the anthropogenic carbon dioxide, resulting in ocean acidification and changes to carbonate chemistry that are unprecedented for at least the last 65 million years (high confidence). Risks have been identified for the survival, calcification, growth, development and abundance of a broad range of marine taxonomic groups, ranging from algae to fish, with substantial evidence of predictable trait-based sensitivities (high confidence).

Seriously I could go on

I'm not sure if you're picking pieces from a peer review in order to further an agenda Or maybe you had your mind set on climate change not being real under incapable of changing that perception?

There is no getting away from the fact the world is changing around us in detrimental ways to animals humans and the oceans. Do deny as a species that we have not massively magnified the rate of these events... honestly is just down right denial.

I live , I learn and I'm often wrong , the world is falling apart as we know it , in a hugh part to our consumption. That isn't an opinion given we are all watching it around us ! "

You need to dig deeper into the reports - look at the work of Dr Judith Curry or Steven Koonin and many others, who are eminent scientists, Curry gives great clarity and summaries on the data contained on the IPCC research site, sometimes it’s how the words are written, and how some interpret these words. Although the strawman argument will be that these scientists are climate deniers, the ones that disagree with the many. It’s akin to the people who vilified people for not getting an injection to stop a novel virus, when it was then discovered that the injection didn’t do what it said on the tin, the narrative changed. History tells us that the truth is hard-fought and that it’s easier to control the masses with panic.

I’m also not sure about the world falling down around us, where is this happening, the 1930’s we had far more changeable and dangerous weather, where is all the coastal flooding predicted in the 00’s? where is the Ozone panic, where is all the doom that’s been predicted? If we want to truly be no burden on the planet, find free energy. Necessity is the mother of invention, and we obviously don’t need clean free energy otherwise we’d have made it so.

The more access people have to climate panic the more people panic, there is no one out there who can say with 100% clarity that anything we do will effect change or has caused change, and there are many eminent climate scientists who believe this is simply nature. If you believe it’s Co2 in the atmosphere well then at thousands of points in time there has been far more in the atmosphere. I don’t deny anything I just don’t believe currently what you believe, based mainly on the fact I don’t only listen to the people you do. I have no doubt that I would have an opposing view to most of your beliefs, and a famous quote says, “It was never the many that achieved greatness it was only the few” & another favourite “When everyone agrees, someone is not thinking.” When many agree on something, it’s typically wrong. All this wisdom, surely we should really question the narrative.

I’m delighted to read your last paragraph in relation to being wrong, and I’m not trying to anger you, but seriously ask yourself, what have you decided you’ve been wrong on lately?

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"Obviously I copied it . All information comes from others studies unless your involved.

From IPPC

Seriously I could go on

I live , I learn and I'm often wrong , the world is falling apart as we know it , in a hugh part to our consumption. That isn't an opinion given we are all watching it around us !

You need to dig deeper into the reports - look at the work of Dr Judith Curry or Steven Koonin and many others, who are eminent scientists, Curry gives great clarity and summaries on the data contained on the IPCC research site, sometimes it’s how the words are written, and how some interpret these words. Although the strawman argument will be that these scientists are climate deniers, the ones that disagree with the many. It’s akin to the people who vilified people for not getting an injection to stop a novel virus, when it was then discovered that the injection didn’t do what it said on the tin, the narrative changed. History tells us that the truth is hard-fought and that it’s easier to control the masses with panic.

I’m also not sure about the world falling down around us, where is this happening, the 1930’s we had far more changeable and dangerous weather, where is all the coastal flooding predicted in the 00’s? where is the Ozone panic, where is all the doom that’s been predicted? If we want to truly be no burden on the planet, find free energy. Necessity is the mother of invention, and we obviously don’t need clean free energy otherwise we’d have made it so.

The more access people have to climate panic the more people panic, there is no one out there who can say with 100% clarity that anything we do will effect change or has caused change, and there are many eminent climate scientists who believe this is simply nature. If you believe it’s Co2 in the atmosphere well then at thousands of points in time there has been far more in the atmosphere. I don’t deny anything I just don’t believe currently what you believe, based mainly on the fact I don’t only listen to the people you do. I have no doubt that I would have an opposing view to most of your beliefs, and a famous quote says, “It was never the many that achieved greatness it was only the few” & another favourite “When everyone agrees, someone is not thinking.” When many agree on something, it’s typically wrong. All this wisdom, surely we should really question the narrative.

I’m delighted to read your last paragraph in relation to being wrong, and I’m not trying to anger you, but seriously ask yourself, what have you decided you’ve been wrong on lately?

"

On a personal note I'm wrong on many things and learning and growing all the time . I know most of out green activities are actually detrimental at the moment.

I know that there isn't certainty around the future state of our planet.

The rate at which the planets temperature is increasing is increasing due to human activity (fact)

In terms of certainty on have we changed anything.

We have decimated the lungs of the planet and now it can nolonger remove as much carbon as before fact.

We have affected the structure of the landscapes the world over , removing buffer zones for weather and water fact.

We have pushed animals into a small percentage of their original numbers and millions of plants and animals into extinction dure to our industrial farming practices fact.

We have decreased the quality of the air and water around us fact .

We have over fished the oceans and dumped so much plastic that micro plastic is now appearing in rivers fact.

We have created nuclear disaster zones and fallout areas fact.

We are consuming the worlds resources at rate that is leaving us with less and higher prices .

20 tonnes

The average annual material consumption? of a European

3 tonnes

(not even that) The average annual material consumption? of an African

Honestly to say the rise in co2 may be natural, may be true . However the rate has been affected by us !

To say if we needed free energy we would have it

Do you think everyone thought that about the wheel until we made it .

By that logic we never needed medicine, science , fire, travel, integration, education systems etc as we were plodding along without them !!!

Progression .

If you honestly think we havnt are not having a massive negative effect on out planet and subsequently its climate, i would advise you to look at nature and see what you can't see anymore

Its not about panic , its about remembering we are part of the synergy. Leaving in tune with the system has worked for 1000s of years ... taking over it clearly isn't.

Trust your gut ... there is a reason it contains so many neurons.

By *ill69888Couple
over a year ago

cheltenham

that’ll clearly offset the 2 coal fired power stations a week China are building then….??????

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

Has anyone else cut their consumption, and if so in what way?that’ll clearly offset the 2 coal fired power stations a week China are building then….??????

"

So should we just say fuck and start burning more coal too ?

over a year ago

Has anyone else cut their consumption, and if so in what way?that’ll clearly offset the 2 coal fired power stations a week China are building then….??????

So should we just say fuck and start burning more coal too ? "

Ya haha

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

So should we just say fuck and start burning more coal too ?

Ya haha "

Langer

over a year ago

Hahaha

By *anddswingCouple
over a year ago

From IPPC

Seriously I could go on

On a personal note I'm wrong on many things and learning and growing all the time . I know most of out green activities are actually detrimental at the moment.

I know that there isn't certainty around the future state of our planet.

The rate at which the planets temperature is increasing is increasing due to human activity (fact)

In terms of certainty on have we changed anything.

We have decimated the lungs of the planet and now it can nolonger remove as much carbon as before fact.

We have affected the structure of the landscapes the world over , removing buffer zones for weather and water fact.

We have pushed animals into a small percentage of their original numbers and millions of plants and animals into extinction dure to our industrial farming practices fact.

We have decreased the quality of the air and water around us fact .

We have over fished the oceans and dumped so much plastic that micro plastic is now appearing in rivers fact.

We have created nuclear disaster zones and fallout areas fact.

We are consuming the worlds resources at rate that is leaving us with less and higher prices .

20 tonnes

The average annual material consumption? of a European

3 tonnes

(not even that) The average annual material consumption? of an African

Honestly to say the rise in co2 may be natural, may be true . However the rate has been affected by us !

To say if we needed free energy we would have it

Do you think everyone thought that about the wheel until we made it .

By that logic we never needed medicine, science , fire, travel, integration, education systems etc as we were plodding along without them !!!

Progression .

If you honestly think we havnt are not having a massive negative effect on out planet and subsequently its climate, i would advise you to look at nature and see what you can't see anymore

Its not about panic , its about remembering we are part of the synergy. Leaving in tune with the system has worked for 1000s of years ... taking over it clearly isn't.

Trust your gut ... there is a reason it contains so many neurons.

"

Look at the people I mentioned and their work. after that we can debate on both sides.

It's not a fact that we have caused any warming, NOT A FACT!. Are we a dirty bunch of Apes, Fact.

You mention progress, but you’ve missed the causality, it was for necessity we developed. You mention Africa, look at what the African states say about what us Westerners do to them. We consume their resources, but won't loan them the money to develop. Pull the other one, 99% of Africans live in abject poverty. We shackle them and more so with our climate activism, the greatest element to pull people from poverty is energy, and again if it was absolutely necessary we would have cleaner free energy, but we don’t. the US Secretary of Energy stated that it would cost $50 Trillion to be carbon neutral but had no clue as to what percentage it will help the environment, “someone gets the money”. Carbon Neutral? that science doesn’t know whether it has any material effect on climate.

Look I’m not saying we shouldn’t seek to be more friendly and less of a pollutant, but science does not agree with your synopsis of cataclysmic catastrophe, it’s fear-mongering and panic spreading with your doom and gloom evangelism.

Just to add, for 000’s of millennia the planet has done its thing, it is the most complex quantum computer there is, at many periods of time the planet has been in flux, to think that this giant organism cannot be the cause and solution is simply silly. Why don’t you challenge the panic spreaders from the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s 00’s the end of life that never came to pass? Why when these fear pushers have been wrong each and every time, we allow the narrative to change to keep going another number of years, why not question their truth? Why did we go from Global warming to climate change? Come on, we must challenge the nonsense.

Let us all be eternal students, and let debate flourish and sense prevail, note I didn’t say common sense, as there is nothing so rare. Having sense like many would mean we should all Swim to Africa and live off the land like our prehistoric ancestors.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

The fact that you need to more and more Ridiculous comparisons is a sign that even you are struggling to justify some of the points you are making.

We should all move to Africa

If we needed free energy we would have it

Possibly the most ridiculous one evolution has been out of necessity. Progression in the last 4 to 5 decades has been purely for the sake of progression.

You need a television that sees things so sharply our eyes can't keep up ?

Do you need your fridge online?

Do you need robots to do the jobs people need?

Do you need more and more powerful weapons?

And so on and so on

Jeasus bud .... your view of the world seems very simplistic, almost too much so to believe

By *anddswingCouple
over a year ago

"The fact that you need to more and more Ridiculous comparisons is a sign that even you are struggling to justify some of the points you are making.

Possibly the most ridiculous one evolution has been out of necessity. Progression in the last 4 to 5 decades has been purely for the sake of progression.

And so on and so on

Jeasus bud .... your view of the world seems very simplistic, almost too much so to believe "

I'm making the same point, there are none so deaf as those who will not listen. I've no idea what you're alluding to with your last retort, it's gibberish. Look at the research of the two I've mentioned, tell me where they don't make sense. I can point you to much more.

Where am I incorrect in anything I've said? As Einstein said, "If you can't explain it to a six-year-old, then you don't understand it yourself” - you're mistaking complexity for truth.

Your evolution remark is just weird? Where did you get that to pop it into the conversation? Evolution is typically biological? Maybe you misunderstood something I said earlier? Your other points are out of context and In addition to your shallow argument, try stay on topic.

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

At the end of the day if ireland became carbon and green house emissions neutral tomorrow it wouldn't even register on a global scale. China and the USA cause the majority of these emissions. Shipping accounts for more than private cars yet we are all being forces to give up petrol and diesel cars.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"The fact that you need to more and more Ridiculous comparisons is a sign that even you are struggling to justify some of the points you are making.

And so on and so on

Jeasus bud .... your view of the world seems very simplistic, almost too much so to believe

I'm making the same point, there are none so deaf as those who will not listen. I've no idea what you're alluding to with your last retort, it's gibberish. Look at the research of the two I've mentioned, tell me where they don't make sense. I can point you to much more.

Where am I incorrect in anything I've said? As Einstein said, "If you can't explain it to a six-year-old, then you don't understand it yourself” - you're mistaking complexity for truth.

Your evolution remark is just weird? Where did you get that to pop it into the conversation? Evolution is typically biological? Maybe you misunderstood something I said earlier? Your other points are out of context and In addition to your shallow argument, try stay on topic. "

I'll make it simple for a 6 year old so .

If most of the scientific and environmental experts the world over are wrong and we go with them , the world becomes cleaner are children have a future with a more sustainable planet and co2 continues to rise as natural .

If the few peer critics and the minority are wrong and we go with them(you) then we continue to destroy what left of our fragile eco system . The oceans and air become more polluted, the seas contine to warm and rise at ever increasing rates. Extinction rates of animals and plants continue to rise and eventually most of us suffer and died as resources become finite

So if I'm wrong I rather be that be your kinda wrong .

Simple enought I hope .

I'll just add, your attempts of cloking condescension within intellectual conversation isn't becoming at all. Honestly mate , intelligent people generally don't need to be condescending

Iq vs eq

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"At the end of the day if ireland became carbon and green house emissions neutral tomorrow it wouldn't even register on a global scale. China and the USA cause the majority of these emissions. Shipping accounts for more than private cars yet we are all being forces to give up petrol and diesel cars. "

Thats kinda like , do we become less compassionate because others are ?

Do we flytip cause the neighbors do ?

I get that its difficult to watch others fuck things up , however I would say its even more difficult to allow ourselves be dragged to their level too .

By *anandJCouple
over a year ago

Citywest

[Removed by poster at 25/05/23 11:24:55]

By *anandJCouple
over a year ago

Citywest

Often I wonder if there are two ants living in my house talking shit about each other because one of them believe that my city will fall to the ground because of the ants in my house and the other just wont take it…

By *anddswingCouple
over a year ago

And so on and so on

Your evolution remark is just weird? Where did you get that to pop it into the conversation? Evolution is typically biological? Maybe you misunderstood something I said earlier? Your other points are out of context and In addition to your shallow argument, try stay on topic.

If most of the scientific and environmental experts the world over are wrong and we go with them , the world becomes cleaner are children have a future with a more sustainable planet and co2 continues to rise as natural .

If the few peer critics and the minority are wrong and we go with them(you) then we continue to destroy what left of our fragile eco system . The oceans and air become more polluted, the seas contine to warm and rise at ever increasing rates. Extinction rates of animals and plants continue to rise and eventually most of us suffer and died as resources become finite

Simple enought I hope .

I'll just add, your attempts of cloking condescension within intellectual conversation isn't becoming at all. Honestly mate , intelligent people generally don't need to be condescending

Iq vs eq "

"I'll just add, your attempts of cloking condescension within intellectual conversation isn't becoming at all. Honestly mate, intelligent people generally don't need to be condescending "

Maybe do as you preach?

Climate change is a disaster story being told, It’s simply not happening and we're being fed a narrative – 8000 years ago the planet was 2 degrees warmer than it is now, and in that period to now we are One degree warmer than the coolest period, this is a FACT, however, your thoughts on treating the property is a very commendable one, one that I agree with. We are on the same page, however, with the current narrative we are making everyone except the elite poorer, and in the poorest nations, we are disallowing them from pulling themselves out of poverty, with our climate agenda. This is a fact. Reading your messaging at least you are now considering that the narrative you are being fed is questionable, many will not allow question or debate, so I’m glad you have somewhat considered this.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"Often I wonder if there are two ants living in my house talking shit about each other because one of them believe that my city will fall to the ground because of the ants in my house and the other just wont take it…"

You should probably just stop leaving food around

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

And so on and so on

Simple enought I hope .

Iq vs eq

"I'll just add, your attempts of cloking condescension within intellectual conversation isn't becoming at all. Honestly mate, intelligent people generally don't need to be condescending "

Maybe do as you preach?

Climate change is a disaster story being told, It’s simply not happening and we're being fed a narrative – 8000 years ago the planet was 2 degrees warmer than it is now, and in that period to now we are One degree warmer than the coolest period, this is a FACT, however, your thoughts on treating the property is a very commendable one, one that I agree with. We are on the same page, however, with the current narrative we are making everyone except the elite poorer, and in the poorest nations, we are disallowing them from pulling themselves out of poverty, with our climate agenda. This is a fact. Reading your messaging at least you are now considering that the narrative you are being fed is questionable, many will not allow question or debate, so I’m glad you have somewhat considered this.

"

Everyone except the elite are poorer!!!!

Honestly Magnifying and even creating non truths is not helpful at all. The world is a far better off place and we (wealthy nations) are all living far more comfortable and far more extravagant lives then we did even 20 years ago.

The gap between the rich and the less rich may be growing all right.

I would argue the problem is everybody wants more even distribution and nobody wants less distribution of everything.

Externalizing these issues onto the rich are onto other nations run to the less green governments is just a way Of justifying our extravagant and consumptious detrimental lifestyles.

To bring it back to basics whether or not the planet is heating naturally we are massively exacerbating the race at which it is heating, True on environmental unsustainable and unnecessary consumption.

Global warming is real, Human practices are massively adding to this. Minimizing this situation are externalizing our own responsibilities isn't helpful at all.

Accusing those who say we should take responsibility of scare mongering isn't helpful either.

By *anddswingCouple
over a year ago

And so on and so on

Simple enought I hope .

Iq vs eq

Maybe do as you preach?

Honestly Magnifying and even creating non truths is not helpful at all. The world is a far better off place and we (wealthy nations) are all living far more comfortable and far more extravagant lives then we did even 20 years ago.

I would argue the problem is everybody wants more even distribution and nobody wants less distribution of everything.

Externalizing these issues onto the rich are onto other nations run to the less green governments is just a way Of justifying our extravagant and consumptious detrimental lifestyles.

To bring it back to basics whether or not the planet is heating naturally we are massively exacerbating the race at which it is heating, True on environmental unsustainable and unnecessary consumption.

Global warming is real, Human practices are massively adding to this. Minimizing this situation are externalizing our own responsibilities isn't helpful at all.

Accusing those who say we should take responsibility of scare mongering isn't helpful either.

"

Good lord, just when I thought there was progress.

Look it’s a fact that the planet is not warmer than it has been, in fact it’s cooler than most of the last 10,000 years. That's a FACT.

We are the top 1% on the planet we are the wealthiest civilization (Modern westerners) ever to have existed. Where are these mistruths you mention? You’re simply making stuff up now? Please do better, I’d not make something up just to appease myself.

Your argument is moot and is so because even you don’t believe fully the narrative and you resort to straw man arguing. I wish you well and please do practice as you preach, give up your comfortable life, and live at one with what you call nature, maybe visit a cobalt mine and work as a labourer. Let’s not continue to go around in circles and as we cannot have a rational discussion we shall not continue. I wish you a very well day and weekend ahead, enjoy the sun, enjoy nature, and be thankful we live in one of the cleanest least polluted underpopulated countries in the world. Thank God and let all us Irish or citizens of this country keep doing what we are doing.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

And so on and so on

Simple enought I hope .

Iq vs eq

Maybe do as you preach?

Look it’s a fact that the planet is not warmer than it has been, in fact it’s cooler than most of the last 10,000 years. That's a FACT.

We are the top 1% on the planet we are the wealthiest civilization (Modern westerners) ever to have existed. Where are these mistruths you mention? You’re simply making stuff up now? Please do better, I’d not make something up just to appease myself.

Your argument is moot and is so because even you don’t believe fully the narrative and you resort to straw man arguing. I wish you well and please do practice as you preach, give up your comfortable life, and live at one with what you call nature, maybe visit a cobalt mine and work as a labourer. Let’s not continue to go around in circles and as we cannot have a rational discussion we shall not continue. I wish you a very well day and weekend ahead, enjoy the sun, enjoy nature, and be thankful we live in one of the cleanest least polluted underpopulated countries in the world. Thank God and let all us Irish or citizens of this country keep doing what we are doing.

"

Your honesty full of it and thats the great thing about writing. Its permanent for everyone to see

Here is your facts .

You :

Everyone except the elite are poorer

Fact:

The world has made significant progress in reducing global poverty over the past few decades, according to the World Bank. In 1990, 1.9 billion people lived in extreme poverty, representing 36% of the world's population. By 2019, this number had fallen to 9.2% — about 703 million people.

You :

climate change is simply not happening

Fact:

These new findings from the IPCC are alarming. The recent observations and measurements reflected in the report dispel any doubts that the global climate is changing and that human activities have caused most of the observed changes in the past 50 years.

It is 'very likely' that increases in man-made greenhouse gas emissions have caused most of the rise in globally averaged temperatures since the middle of the 20th century. It is 'extremely unlikely' that this warming was due to natural climate variability alone.

You : you choose to focus on a small few who suggest possible aturnatives in a peer review .

Fact:

Yes, the vast majority of actively publishing climate scientists – 97 percent – agree that humans are causing global warming and climate change. Most of the leading science organizations around the world have issued public statements expressing this, including international and U.S. science academies, the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and a whole host of reputable scientific bodies around the world. A list of these organizations is provided

More than 99.9% of peer-reviewed scientific papers agree that climate change is mainly caused by humans, according to a new survey of 88,125 climate-related studies.

The research updates a similar 2013 paper revealing that 97% of studies published between 1991 and 2012 supported the idea that human activities are altering Earth’s climate. The current survey examines the literature published from 2012 to November 2020 to explore whether the consensus has changed.

“We are virtually certain that the consensus is well over 99% now and that it’s pretty much case closed for any meaningful public conversation about the reality of human-caused climate change,

Me: climate change is real , we are accelerating it at a catastrophic rate due to consumption. This is having devastating effects on the environment.

Fact :

Every year, we extract an estimated 55 billion tons of fossil energy, minerals, metals and bio mass from the Earth.

The world has already lost 80% of its forests and we’re continually losing them at a rate of 375 km2 per day!

At the current rate of deforestation, 5-10% of tropical forest species will become extinct every decade.

Every hour, 1,692 acres of productive dry land become desert.

27% of our coral reefs have been destroyed. If the rate continues, remaining 60% will be gone in 30 years.

We have a garbage island floating in our ocean, mostly comprised of plastics - the size of India, Europe and Mexico combined!

We are using up 50% more natural resources than the Earth can provide. At our current population, we need 1.5 Earths, which we do not have.

Me : undeniable facts speak for themselves... mic drop

Im out

By *anddswingCouple
over a year ago

And so on and so on

Simple enought I hope .

Iq vs eq

Maybe do as you preach?

Your honesty full of it and thats the great thing about writing. Its permanent for everyone to see

Here is your facts .

You :

Fact:

The world has made significant progress in reducing global poverty over the past few decades, according to the World Bank. In 1990, 1.9 billion people lived in extreme poverty, representing 36% of the world's population. By 2019, this number had fallen to 9.2% — about 703 million people.

You :

Fact:

These new findings from the IPCC are alarming. The recent observations and measurements reflected in the report dispel any doubts that the global climate is changing and that human activities have caused most of the observed changes in the past 50 years.

It is 'very likely' that increases in man-made greenhouse gas emissions have caused most of the rise in globally averaged temperatures since the middle of the 20th century. It is 'extremely unlikely' that this warming was due to natural climate variability alone.

You : you choose to focus on a small few who suggest possible aturnatives in a peer review .

Fact:

Yes, the vast majority of actively publishing climate scientists – 97 percent – agree that humans are causing global warming and climate change. Most of the leading science organizations around the world have issued public statements expressing this, including international and U.S. science academies, the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and a whole host of reputable scientific bodies around the world. A list of these organizations is provided

More than 99.9% of peer-reviewed scientific papers agree that climate change is mainly caused by humans, according to a new survey of 88,125 climate-related studies.

The research updates a similar 2013 paper revealing that 97% of studies published between 1991 and 2012 supported the idea that human activities are altering Earth’s climate. The current survey examines the literature published from 2012 to November 2020 to explore whether the consensus has changed.

“We are virtually certain that the consensus is well over 99% now and that it’s pretty much case closed for any meaningful public conversation about the reality of human-caused climate change,

Me: climate change is real , we are accelerating it at a catastrophic rate due to consumption. This is having devastating effects on the environment.

Fact :

Every year, we extract an estimated 55 billion tons of fossil energy, minerals, metals and bio mass from the Earth.

The world has already lost 80% of its forests and we’re continually losing them at a rate of 375 km2 per day!

At the current rate of deforestation, 5-10% of tropical forest species will become extinct every decade.

27% of our coral reefs have been destroyed. If the rate continues, remaining 60% will be gone in 30 years.

We have a garbage island floating in our ocean, mostly comprised of plastics - the size of India, Europe and Mexico combined!

We are using up 50% more natural resources than the Earth can provide. At our current population, we need 1.5 Earths, which we do not have.

Im out

"

You make me chuckle - And the mike drop bit. I'm honestly mortified for you. I left the unproductive conversation on my last message. Final thought, "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking" - George Patton

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

And so on and so on

Simple enought I hope .

Iq vs eq

Maybe do as you preach?

Here is your facts .

You :

Fact:

You :

Fact:

Fact:

Fact :

Im out

You make me chuckle - And the mike drop bit. I'm honestly mortified for you. I left the unproductive conversation on my last message. Final thought, "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking" - George Patton"

People arnt think . They are living and experiencing.

Appreciate your mortification on my part .... when you allow your ego to take the driving seat then you tend to see people that way .

Post new Message to Thread