Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Vitriol

Jump to newest

By *astello OP   Woman
over a year ago

Tír na nÓg

Have you been the recipient of unwarranted vitriol from this site?

Today I got abuse from someone who took umbrage at my profile. This is without any previous engagement. Why feel the need to do that?

Block move on.. Yet those thar feel to need to expand on it are beyond my comprehension.

Have you experienced this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *dfabMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne

Have just reviewed your profile and I enjoyed the read. Absolutely nothing offensive to those of normal intellect was contained within.

Fabbed the pics. even though I wouldn't be mad about the last feet soles one but I'm a finsher and understand there are those that get off on those items

That's the longest winded Just Ignore The Wanker response ever but you get me ;

By *dfabMan
over a year ago

Dunboyne

Oh and sorry bit no tumbles through my profile have ever expressed disappointment. Actual meets have but hey!, they at least turned up for the disappointment after being warned in advance, so that's on them

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The predictive txt would have had me said deck um

Haha night all

By *verage DMan
over a year ago

waterford

I always use the famous and wise Ghandi quote in response to abuse.."shut the fuck up or ill punch you in the throat"

By *rish_GuyMan
over a year ago

Foxford

Thankfully

Nothing yet.

Try not to take any heed of it(easier said than done I know)& move on. Report & block them. Maybe also get they're name out there somehow.

Your a better person than them.

By *asual777Man
over a year ago

i travel all over

Yes I got a message once saying ‘you’re on the forum a lot and come across like a cunt’. I blocked and reported and felt , rightly or wrongly , that this was more about him than me . It was also mildly amusing . Maybe that was some self protective thing ….

over a year ago

You did the right thing, no one should put up with abuse on the site

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I've only had a couple of abusive messages in all my time here and they were from well verified people who didn't understand the word no.

One of those continues to voice their annoyance through a number of sock puppet profiles to anyone they think needs to know.

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Internet warriors who go online in their ma's basement when the wifi is working

Sitting in their stained jocks smelling of B.O and tobacco and wondering why they can't get a ride ...sure aren't the women only begging for it

But enough about me

I get them sometimes even writing about me in obscure forums on here but couldn't give a flying fuck about an unknown gobshite that hates me

By *adger BrocMan
over a year ago

Co. Cork

[Removed by poster at 30/04/23 09:13:51]

By *adger BrocMan
over a year ago

Co. Cork

The core purpose of a site such as this is to connect people in their pursuit of carnal feelings and desires. It will therefore inevitably bring out emotions that may be negative rather than positive when someone fails in their attempt to make a successful connection.

There is no excuse for anyone sending abusive messages.

But viewing profiles and failing to reply to subsequent messages, messages read without replying (Thank you, not interested, happy Fabbing is not that difficult to type, is it?), not replying to posts on a forum thread, use of the block button, are all actions which in themselves could be seen as a form ghosting or "silent abuse". But these are the options available to every site member and each person makes their own decision on how they wish to use these options. I for one am quite happy to press the block button if I do not wish to continue to engage with another site member.The ultimate option if a person is unhappy with any aspect of their experience on the site is to delete their account.

If no site rules are broken then it is just part of the cut and thrust of everyday online interaction and people must decide if letting themselves open to the odd barb is worth the effort to achieve their longterm goal as to why they joined the site in the first instance.

As someone who has received my own share of nasty messages, been blocked, ghosted, reported and had my anonymity compromised on this site I am well aware of the risks involved in engaging on here but all of the negative stuff is more than compensated for by the kind and decent people I have met through the site.

As in everything in life, enjoy the good stuff and view the badness in the rearview mirror.

Rant over.

Have a great weekend and......

HAPPY FABBING

By *ildarekinkstersCouple
over a year ago

kinkytown

Last abuse we got was from someone who kept mailing daily although we never answered so finally asked why he kept mailing even though we never replied. Let's just say his opinion of the women on this site isn't the best. We laughed, blocked, reported and moved on. People like that aren't worth the effort of thinking about.

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"Have you been the recipient of unwarranted vitriol from this site?

Today I got abuse from someone who took umbrage at my profile. This is without any previous engagement. Why feel the need to do that?

Block move on.. Yet those thar feel to need to expand on it are beyond my comprehension.

Have you experienced this?

"

an odd time over the years .. nottin worth going on about tbh

By *itemeagainMan
over a year ago

Wexford

"Internet warriors who go online in their ma's basement when the wifi is working

Sitting in their stained jocks smelling of B.O and tobacco and wondering why they can't get a ride ...sure aren't the women only begging for it

Bog

But enough about me

I get them sometimes even writing about me in obscure forums on here but couldn't give a flying fuck about an unknown gobshite that hates me "

bog you been watching too much American TV

over a year ago

Abusive mails are hateful and upsetting and should be straight-up blocked. There's no excuse for that whatsoever.

I've often wondered if there should there be a way of providing fast feedback to a mail, together with a "Spam" mailbox.

As we know there are '00s of men for every woman on here. I imagine that as a woman, it quickly becomes tiresome even to write, "Thank you for your mail, not interested. Happy Fabbing."

Also - unfortunately, even sending a polite "No thanks", invites a response.

On the other hand, senders have no way of knowing if their mail was unwanted or if the recipient was just busy.

As a guy who takes a bit off effort to write original mails, I'd love to get some feedback.

If a recipient could simply tag a message as:

"Thanks not interested - profile too vague"

"Thanks not interested - you are too far away"

"Thanks not interested - mail inappropriate"

"Thanks not interested - busy right now"

It would be easy to trial a few standard messages to see what the common answers are.

Any responses would be sent to the Spam mailbox. The recipient could look if they wanted, but they would be easy to ignore.

Or maybe... just delete and block... simple and effective!

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It's happened to me very rarely especially since I tightened my filters up many moons ago on here.

When I do get a ranty abusive message I just delete and block and I don't give them another thought because why I would I give some random gobshite on here the time of day or care about their opinion when I would never have met them anyhow.

You cannot stop abuse on here yes filters etc can cut it down dramatically but there will always be some cockwomble at some point who will decide to message it to someone just because they are a frustrated wanker and I mean that literally and not being gender specific either. All got can control is how you react to it. When I first joined it upset me the first couple of times it happened, now I just roll my eyes and think they are pathetic. Then forget about them.I find it the best way to deal with it.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I love getting these messages. Bring it on!

By *3nsesMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Never. I put down it my chilled, relaxed and non-confrontential demonour.

over a year ago

"cockwomble"

Fantastic! Must find more occassions to use that!

Post new Message to Thread