Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

Wild camping spots ?

Jump to newest

By *candalousduo OP   Couple
over a year ago

charleville

We love our luxury however we would love to find somewhere special to go wild camping, we also know most of the best spots are secret for obvious reasons.

If anyone wants to pm us anywhere they recommend it would be great appreciated x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ey-Enigma2Couple
over a year ago

Dublin

Are you looking for Glamping spots...xxx

By *eard and BoobsCouple
over a year ago

Portstewart

Not sure what the rules are in the south but in the north wild camping is prohibited like the rest of the UK unfortunately unless you have the land owners written permission

By *ickheadcuntCouple
over a year ago

Cork Ireland

Have a good spot near us

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

54°59'00.4"N 8°08'41.7"W

https://goo.gl/maps/NGZF22KnmyvTAxsV9

I camped here with some friends before and it's amazing. It's a lake on top of a mountain in donegal with 4 sandy beaches. Very difficult hike up there but was worth it

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Not sure what the rules are in the south but in the north wild camping is prohibited like the rest of the UK unfortunately unless you have the land owners written permission "

Wild camping is allowed in the Republic of Ireland. (I'd say it has historic reasons...., no aristocratic land ownership here).

By *antra MassageMan
over a year ago

Old bog road

Ive camped in the wilds all over ireland. I was once asked to move by a park ranger in Glendalough, as i was inside the national park. There arenany beautiful wilderness places in Wicklow, Donegal, Connemara,Kerry, etc. I first started wild camping in wicklow, aged 12..on my own. Ive been doing it ever since.

By *eard and BoobsCouple
over a year ago

Portstewart

"Not sure what the rules are in the south but in the north wild camping is prohibited like the rest of the UK unfortunately unless you have the land owners written permission

Wild camping is allowed in the Republic of Ireland. (I'd say it has historic reasons...., no aristocratic land ownership here). "

Thanks for the interesting information I really didn't know that

By *ool CowboyMan
over a year ago

Tralee

I go back to Ventry Dingle, during the Summer. Loads of folk wild camping on the Sand Dunnes. 2 Bars nearby. 5 n 10 min walk

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Not sure what the rules are in the south but in the north wild camping is prohibited like the rest of the UK unfortunately unless you have the land owners written permission

Wild camping is allowed in the Republic of Ireland. (I'd say it has historic reasons...., no aristocratic land ownership here). "

Although it didn't stop the Glenmalure landowner being beaten up by hikers and public access being revoked.

Or access removed because of the mess left by hikers and campers in the Mournes or around Lough Dan

By *ornycoupledublinCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

If you guys are feeling adventurous you can canoe the Barrow river and camp along and if you get nice weather it really is like something out of a movie theres a company you can rent everything off

By *hocko87Man
over a year ago

dublin

We use to camp down in glenmalure Wicklow . It's a valley the far side of glendalock

By *og-ManMan
over a year ago

somewhere

Wild camping is allowed in the Republic of Ireland. (I'd say it has historic reasons...., no aristocratic land ownership here).

Although it didn't stop the Glenmalure landowner being beaten up by hikers and public access being revoked.

Or access removed because of the mess left by hikers and campers in the Mournes or around Lough Dan "

Can't understand how the guy with his son who attacked the landowner hasn't been caught....video very clear

By *rCurious_MrsCuriousCouple
over a year ago

Letterkenny

"54°59'00.4"N 8°08'41.7"W

https://goo.gl/maps/NGZF22KnmyvTAxsV9

I camped here with some friends before and it's amazing. It's a lake on top of a mountain in donegal with 4 sandy beaches. Very difficult hike up there but was worth it"

That sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!

By *ordjeffMan
over a year ago

around and about ,as travel.

Slieve bloom in loais

Been up there no specific places just find a discrete place and camp

over a year ago

Yea it's illegal to wild camp in UK but nobody enforces it,, if you are off the beaten track stay 1 night and leave no trace nobody will bat an eyelid, so many youtubers in England are doing that

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS
over a year ago

Dublin

Pretty sure you're supposed to ask permission if you're on someone's land though. Beaches are fine although some (Glasilaun in North Connemara) have signs saying it's prohibited.

That sign didn't keep me away when I camped there though lol

By *candalousduo OP   Couple
over a year ago

charleville

Some great advice here. Thank you everyone

Haven't had a chance to reply to PMs yet..

Xx

By *ungarvanMan
over a year ago

sugar daddy xxx

There’s a few around Dungarvan. The Cunnigar just outside the town as you head to Helvick head. Plus at Hook Head if it’s not too busy Happy camping in the Sunny South East

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Solo wild camping thruout Ireland is possible with a bivi tent that blends into the landscape; fires and lights attract attention, so are highly inadvisable.

Waiting until near dusk before choosing a location is the ideal approach.

What causes problems is a large noisy group who have a campfire and choose a visible location near a public road.

There are really excellent small tents available that weigh next to nothing and have DPM (disruptive pattern material) camouflage. Leaving a mess behind and aggressive contact with local farmers merely spoils it for every who follows afterwards.

The loss of the Zig zag route is a case in point.

By *ertwoCouple
over a year ago

omagh

There are many big estates in the Irish republic and you will be thrown off them. Most land is privately owned In Northern Ireland like wise in the Republic. You can find many spots to camp north or south. We have on both sides of the border.

over a year ago

We always wild camp.donegal has loads of places .from beaches to country side.

By *urfdudeMan
over a year ago

WEXFORD

Can anybody recommend any good wild swimming spots in the south east ?

Any interest ?

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Wild camping is tolerated if it is done discreetly and with respect for the landowner's rights; it is the aggressive idiots who spoil it for everyone else

over a year ago

I suggest to keep wild camping spots to yourself definitely don't name locations on a public forum, it's a bit like dogging once you name the location publicity it's ruined

By *OCONO5Couple
over a year ago

Sensual Center

Wicklow has lots of quite places ...

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

There is often signage prohibiting wild camping in popular and scenic locations, but from my experience if you arrive late and leave early you won't attract attention from local authority officials,local busybodies or opportunist thieves and muggers.

The secret is to adopt a very low profile literally and metaphorically.

By *eard and BoobsCouple
over a year ago

Portstewart

"Solo wild camping thruout Ireland is possible with a bivi tent that blends into the landscape; fires and lights attract attention, so are highly inadvisable.

Waiting until near dusk before choosing a location is the ideal approach.

What causes problems is a large noisy group who have a campfire and choose a visible location near a public road.

There are really excellent small tents available that weigh next to nothing and have DPM (disruptive pattern material) camouflage. Leaving a mess behind and aggressive contact with local farmers merely spoils it for every who follows afterwards.

The loss of the Zig zag route is a case in point.

"

To be honest this sounds more like someone who does a bit of poaching lol or wanted to be in the military

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

There are many thousands of fantastic places to wild-camp throughout the mainland of Ireland, and on offshore islands too, but regulations and bylaws make this more difficult, which is regrettable.

I have wild-camped in some amazing locations beside the sea, but have never been poaching!

Post new Message to Thread