Back to forum list
Back to Ireland

conditions

Jump to newest

By *ortyfun OP   Man
over a year ago

east Meath

Here as a couple previously now a single male

my question is fab for fun and doing what is outside society's norms?

or is it full of conditions restrictions people stating they what xyz but in reality have no intention of engaging let alone playing

surely fab is about letting go and having FUN

Our fellow fabbers across the water don't seem to suffer our predeuces as we do here

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We still live on old Catholic ireland in a lot of ways but with mass immigration that is changing slowly

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Fab is whatever someone wants it to be as long as they are within rules of the site. Just because others do things different to you or what you look for doesn't make them wrong or prejudiced or whatever else you want to call them.

I have always found if you look for those who are looking for the same thing as you instead of trying to change fab to suit your agenda it's a lot easier and more fun on here.

over a year ago

Fab is whatever people want it to be, if it's just to chat and not meet that's their business. If they want to attend every party going that's their business.

Why are people do bothered about what other people do? Find what you want to do and find the likeminded people.

I got chatting to a guy last week and he had a go at meet that I wouldn't meet " blind" for fun never mind even a coffee and chat to see if there's a spark.

By *ortyfun OP   Man
over a year ago

east Meath

"Fab is whatever someone wants it to be as long as they are within rules of the site. Just because others do things different to you or what you look for doesn't make them wrong or prejudiced or whatever else you want to call them.

I have always found if you look for those who are looking for the same thing as you instead of trying to change fab to suit your agenda it's a lot easier and more fun on here.

"

not trying to change to suit me

just think people here like theldea of fun but the reality is different that's all

over a year ago

Yeah, we're picky about who we have sex with, sorry about that.

By *ortyfun OP   Man
over a year ago

east Meath

100% people are entitled to make choose etc to what they want

never questioned that

free will is the most important fact of life

over a year ago

"Fab is whatever someone wants it to be as long as they are within rules of the site. Just because others do things different to you or what you look for doesn't make them wrong or prejudiced or whatever else you want to call them.

just think people here like theldea of fun but the reality is different that's all"

And maybe the reality is scary or they don't have the confidence to be brave. I havemt met anyone new since before the summer and I'm at a stage now where I wonder is fab for me

over a year ago

Everyone's expectation and experience on fab is going to be different.

I think its hilarious when people compare us with the UK and think they are more progressive because there is a few more face pics on the hotpics page

By * la carteCouple
over a year ago

Dublin

"Yeah, we're picky about who we have sex with, sorry about that."

Not good enough

By *ungry CatCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

"Everyone's expectation and experience on fab is going to be different.

I think its hilarious when people compare us with the UK and think they are more progressive because there is a few more face pics on the hotpics page"

Pretty much this.

From interacting in UK forums - their idea of swinging is the same as in Ireland.

A huge proportion is only interested in social side and/or mainly social side with occasional sexual adventures with people they already know.

And some look like they're having the time of their life having sex with strangers.

Bottom line is - UK is a lot bigger than Ireland and has about 60 million more people, so it will always look like it's busier... because, well it is. Busier.

Missus

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I can assure you that the insurmountable challenges over 'on my side' prevail too.

The perception is that there is less appetite for tasting the sinner's nectar on my side of the water and instead joviality and endless chat seems to prevail.

I know what I want more of.

I know what I would like less of.

over a year ago

How do you know that people aren't engaging or playing with the kind of people they ARE looking for?

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I've been here as a single guy and I know it can be a frustrating experience. That doesn't mean that you need to lash out at others who don't want to meet you. Just because they aren't meeting you doesn't mean thay they aren't meeting. Just because they are looking for something that you aren't, doesn't mean that they have unreasonable conditions, or have no intention of meeting anyone. Chill. You're not doing yourself any favours.

By *ortyfun OP   Man
over a year ago

east Meath

I wasn't lashing out at all I was just asking a question and looking for people's opinion didn't expect to be lashed by people on here Jesus no wonder people are afraid of the forum sorry if any offence was caused

over a year ago

OK. What prejudices are you talking about? What conditions are people laying down that causes barriers?

By *ortyfun OP   Man
over a year ago

east Meath

the tone is aggressive but

what I was trying to say is that while i imagine everyone is looking for something similar that people and I may be very much wrong on this associate fab with real life but surely it's an escape from the norm it's the unknown its without preconceived ideas it's the fun away from normal everyday life and people again I may be wrong mixed that up

over a year ago

"Everyone's expectation and experience on fab is going to be different.

I think its hilarious when people compare us with the UK and think they are more progressive because there is a few more face pics on the hotpics page

Pretty much this.

From interacting in UK forums - their idea of swinging is the same as in Ireland.

A huge proportion is only interested in social side and/or mainly social side with occasional sexual adventures with people they already know.

And some look like they're having the time of their life having sex with strangers.

Bottom line is - UK is a lot bigger than Ireland and has about 60 million more people, so it will always look like it's busier... because, well it is. Busier.

Missus "

Perfectly put

L

over a year ago

"the tone is aggressive but

what I was trying to say is that while i imagine everyone is looking for something similar that people and I may be very much wrong on this associate fab with real life but surely it's an escape from the norm it's the unknown its without preconceived ideas it's the fun away from normal everyday life and people again I may be wrong mixed that up "

Its fun yes but life has a habit of getting in the way, than you have for me as a single lady my safety, not going to just invite a blank profile over for sex, not going to meet in a car park at 11.

I think people mainly guys come on here thinking they will be knee deep in fanny and women are here to please their needs, even om threads or in messages can see the attitude its a sex site. Yes it maybe for some but for some there's the social side, making friends and connections that than get you invited to the out of the world experiences

By *ortyfun OP   Man
over a year ago

east Meath

what I was trying to say is that while i imagine everyone is looking for something similar that people and I may be very much wrong on this associate fab with real life but surely it's an escape from the norm it's the unknown its without preconceived ideas it's the fun away from normal everyday life and people again I may be wrong mixed that up

Its fun yes but life has a habit of getting in the way, than you have for me as a single lady my safety, not going to just invite a blank profile over for sex, not going to meet in a car park at 11.

I think people mainly guys come on here thinking they will be knee deep in fanny and women are here to please their needs, even om threads or in messages can see the attitude its a sex site. Yes it maybe for some but for some there's the social side, making friends and connections that than get you invited to the out of the world experiences "

thank you maybe that's what I was trying to say

over a year ago

I think people mainly guys come on here thinking they will be knee deep in fanny and women are here to please their needs, even om threads or in messages can see the attitude its a sex site. Yes it maybe for some but for some there's the social side, making friends and connections that than get you invited to the out of the world experiences

thank you maybe that's what I was trying to say"

Just enjoy it for what you want

over a year ago

what I was trying to say is that while i imagine everyone is looking for something similar that people and I may be very much wrong on this associate fab with real life but surely it's an escape from the norm it's the unknown its without preconceived ideas it's the fun away from normal everyday life and people again I may be wrong mixed that up "

My tone wasn't intentionally aggressive. Direct, yes. However I still don't understand really how this relates to your OP? And I'm still unsure what you mean by conditions.

Yes it's an escape but one can only escape so much. Families, jobs, health and just life will, for most, always take precedence.

Most will have a finite amount of time to spare for Fab activities. Finding someone compatible who is available at the same time as you further complicates things because they will almost always have the same constraints.

As for the unknown, of course there will be elements of that, but few will go blindly into a meet leaving everything to chance. Most will risk mitigate for the best chances of an enjoyable encounter.

By *antra MassageMan
over a year ago

south side

"Here as a couple previously now a single male

my question is fab for fun and doing what is outside society's norms?

or is it full of conditions restrictions people stating they what xyz but in reality have no intention of engaging let alone playing

surely fab is about letting go and having FUN

Our fellow fabbers across the water don't seem to suffer our predeuces as we do here "

There are lots of differences between swingers in Ireland, UK, France, etc. On the French sites, most people have face pics. In the UK, many people have a condition "must be less than 30 min drive away". In ireland, very few would dare put up a face pic, and we have to be prepared to travel the length of the country for a meet. In ireland, we are still very conservative, and secretive about being a swinger. We have to be. In other countries, with bigger, anonymous populations its easier to be public about ones lifestyle. Yes, its great fun when I meet people, and get to know and trust them, but until i do, I'll be cautious, discerning and discreet. And when I meet people I don't talk about it publicly here.

By *ilthyNightsCouple
over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I'm fairly sure "conditions" here means "reasons people won't have sex with him".

Also "letting go and have FUN" means that people should drop their reasons and preferences and just have sex with him already.

By *ortyfun OP   Man
over a year ago

east Meath

"I'm fairly sure "conditions" here means "reasons people won't have sex with him".

Also "letting go and have FUN" means that people should drop their reasons and preferences and just have sex with him already."

there are no words that I could use to respond to that tripe

over a year ago

"I'm fairly sure "conditions" here means "reasons people won't have sex with him".

Also "letting go and have FUN" means that people should drop their reasons and preferences and just have sex with him already."

That's the vibe I got too *shrug*

over a year ago

Also "letting go and have FUN" means that people should drop their reasons and preferences and just have sex with him already.

That's the vibe I got too *shrug*"

I got UK bitches be easy....

Flights booked

over a year ago

Flights booked"

I was just wondering why the OP lives here at all

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/12/22 10:09:28]

over a year ago

Flights booked

I was just wondering why the OP lives here at all"

Cause yer a sexy bunch of prudes all the same

over a year ago

Flights booked

I was just wondering why the OP lives here at all

Cause yer a sexy bunch of prudes all the same"

Fair point

By *oghunter33Woman
over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Jaysus lads, don't think there's a need to bash the op.

His initial post might be a bit clumsily phrased but his further posts show he's simply interested in discussing a topic that was on his mind.

over a year ago

Live and let live ....

Conditions. Reasons .preferences etc

Everyone has them and rightly so ...as people said make it your own here without apologies.

It's meant to be fun

there's no guarantees for anyone

over a year ago

"Jaysus lads, don't think there's a need to bash the op.

His initial post might be a bit clumsily phrased but his further posts show he's simply interested in discussing a topic that was on his mind. "

This

By *m_impact_playMan
over a year ago

Dublin

just think people here like theldea of fun but the reality is different that's all

And maybe the reality is scary or they don't have the confidence to be brave. I havemt met anyone new since before the summer and I'm at a stage now where I wonder is fab for me "

I would say it isn't

By *allyWally19Woman
over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

That's the vibe I got too *shrug*"

Same.

I don't have conditions as such. I have preferences in terms of meeting someone and I won't be swayed on them. Dd mentioned safety. It's a huge thing. You ain't getting an invite to my home unless I'm absolutely comfortable with you.

I let go & have fun with the people I want to let go & have fun with. As do the majority of people on here I'd assume.

What is your definition of 'conditions' or 'letting go & having fun'? Do they differ from everyone else's?

over a year ago

And maybe the reality is scary or they don't have the confidence to be brave. I havemt met anyone new since before the summer and I'm at a stage now where I wonder is fab for me

I would say it isn't "

Thanks

By *otownkid1967Man
over a year ago

Portlaoise

Good post OP.Having been on fab here and in UK both as a couple and single. I don't think there is much difference as to people's rules and conditions. Apart from the fact that swinging in UK is far more accepted and there are probably 10 times more people over there. No matter where you live people will have their rules and conditions and rightly so.

Post new Message to Thread